Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
jettison63
Posts: 434
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:01 pm

Post removed.

Postby jettison63 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:32 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by jettison63 on Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby wtrc » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:36 pm

jettison63 wrote:
gottago wrote:
Instinctive wrote:Someone asked how many in FB group: 186 at this moment. I think that includes the admissions staff though.

good grief I looked through the members and its like 90% ivy UG.


lol, right? it also looks like half the people in there have some affiliation with Oxbridge. Can't all be Rhodes Scholars. Probably some Gates or generic MPhils.



They are totally welcome to write to me and rescind my rejection if they need someone to round out the class and bring some public university love to the group.....


Sorry to hear about the rejection, Jettison. Thx for sticking around here anyway!

User avatar
bhs12
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby bhs12 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:43 pm

gottago wrote:
Instinctive wrote:Someone asked how many in FB group: 186 at this moment. I think that includes the admissions staff though.

good grief I looked through the members and its like 90% ivy UG.


lol, right? it also looks like half the people in there have some affiliation with Oxbridge. There's a critical mass sufficient to plan a meetup at Oxford. Can't all be Rhodes Scholars. Probably some Gates or generic MPhils.



As an Oxford person, I can speak to this... it's a mix. There's a decent number of Rhodies and Marshalls, but it seems like a mix of Gates and probably inhouse fellowships, too.

abc123abc
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:37 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby abc123abc » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:42 pm

-
Last edited by abc123abc on Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
FuriousDuck
Posts: 507
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:33 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby FuriousDuck » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:06 am

...
Last edited by FuriousDuck on Tue May 13, 2014 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

abc123abc
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:37 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby abc123abc » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:51 am

-
Last edited by abc123abc on Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NapoleonXV
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:29 am

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby NapoleonXV » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:56 am

bhs12 wrote:
gottago wrote:
Instinctive wrote:Someone asked how many in FB group: 186 at this moment. I think that includes the admissions staff though.

good grief I looked through the members and its like 90% ivy UG.


lol, right? it also looks like half the people in there have some affiliation with Oxbridge. There's a critical mass sufficient to plan a meetup at Oxford. Can't all be Rhodes Scholars. Probably some Gates or generic MPhils.



As an Oxford person, I can speak to this... it's a mix. There's a decent number of Rhodies and Marshalls, but it seems like a mix of Gates and probably inhouse fellowships, too.


And I am an undergrad ... and was not admitted in time for the first meet-up. Looking forward to the second!

User avatar
bhs12
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby bhs12 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:22 am

NapoleonXV wrote:
bhs12 wrote:
gottago wrote:
Instinctive wrote:Someone asked how many in FB group: 186 at this moment. I think that includes the admissions staff though.

good grief I looked through the members and its like 90% ivy UG.


lol, right? it also looks like half the people in there have some affiliation with Oxbridge. There's a critical mass sufficient to plan a meetup at Oxford. Can't all be Rhodes Scholars. Probably some Gates or generic MPhils.



As an Oxford person, I can speak to this... it's a mix. There's a decent number of Rhodies and Marshalls, but it seems like a mix of Gates and probably inhouse fellowships, too.


And I am an undergrad ... and was not admitted in time for the first meet-up. Looking forward to the second!


Same. We should take a group trip to the Perch.. Port Meadow should finally be dry enough by the start of TT!

User avatar
FuriousDuck
Posts: 507
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:33 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby FuriousDuck » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:53 am

...
Last edited by FuriousDuck on Tue May 13, 2014 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

NapoleonXV
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:29 am

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby NapoleonXV » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:17 am

lol, right? it also looks like half the people in there have some affiliation with Oxbridge. There's a critical mass sufficient to plan a meetup at Oxford. Can't all be Rhodes Scholars. Probably some Gates or generic MPhils.[/quote]


As an Oxford person, I can speak to this... it's a mix. There's a decent number of Rhodies and Marshalls, but it seems like a mix of Gates and probably inhouse fellowships, too.[/quote]

And I am an undergrad ... and was not admitted in time for the first meet-up. Looking forward to the second![/quote]

Same. We should take a group trip to the Perch.. Port Meadow should finally be dry enough by the start of TT![/quote]

you are also undergrad?

we should organise a punting session in TT! I know St Antony's has some boats!

potterdam
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:27 am

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby potterdam » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:48 am

.
Last edited by potterdam on Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
whippersnappery
Posts: 173
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 10:19 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby whippersnappery » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:55 am

So...predictions for today?

lawlorbust
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:50 am

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby lawlorbust » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:06 am

...
Last edited by lawlorbust on Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

politics89
Posts: 377
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:50 am

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby politics89 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:09 am

whippersnappery wrote:So...predictions for today?


I predict I will obsessively refresh my email all day.

User avatar
foreverhopful
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:34 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby foreverhopful » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:30 am

lawlorbust wrote:
potterdam wrote:
NapoleonXV wrote:we should organise a punting session in TT! I know St Antony's has some boats!

I don't know what most of those words mean.


organise?? ORGANISE???!!!


He/She is from the UK/Europe.

tcode
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:33 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby tcode » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:38 am

politics89 wrote:
whippersnappery wrote:So...predictions for today?


I predict I will obsessively refresh my email all day.

Cryptic tweet followed by massive speculation (all of it wrong). Then, a wave of decisions so tiny no one on TLS or LSN notices and, yes, with obsessive refreshing throughout.

LochnerMonster
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:51 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby LochnerMonster » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:51 am

Any lurking admits, I'm a YLS 1L who is taking questions here:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=219615

User avatar
bp1
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:14 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby bp1 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:25 am

Just an FYI, since I know it'll be asked - 190 in the Facebook group as of this morning (only one person was added today, so I would guess any change comes from yesterday's admits).

baloneydanza
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:44 am

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby baloneydanza » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:55 am

Instinctive wrote:Someone asked how many in FB group: 186 at this moment. I think that includes the admissions staff though.


good grief I looked through the members and its like 90% ivy UG.


I need to get admitted so I can rep that state university background

User avatar
pokemonsters
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:58 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby pokemonsters » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:03 pm

bp1 wrote:Just an FYI, since I know it'll be asked - 190 in the Facebook group as of this morning (only one person was added today, so I would guess any change comes from yesterday's admits).


Considering that not all admitted students will participate in the Facebook group, that 190 number looks pretty grim to me. How many spots do we think are left? 20?

With so few slots remaining, I see lots of rejects in the near future :cry:

User avatar
koalacity
Posts: 1162
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:56 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby koalacity » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:08 pm

baloneydanza wrote:
Instinctive wrote:Someone asked how many in FB group: 186 at this moment. I think that includes the admissions staff though.


good grief I looked through the members and its like 90% ivy UG.


I need to get admitted so I can rep that state university background

Same. I volunteer to make your admits more diverse with my TTT large public school degree, Asha!

User avatar
bbkk
Posts: 728
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:28 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby bbkk » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:21 pm

Nothing so far?

User avatar
whippersnappery
Posts: 173
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 10:19 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby whippersnappery » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:36 pm

pokemonsters wrote:
bp1 wrote:Just an FYI, since I know it'll be asked - 190 in the Facebook group as of this morning (only one person was added today, so I would guess any change comes from yesterday's admits).


Considering that not all admitted students will participate in the Facebook group, that 190 number looks pretty grim to me. How many spots do we think are left? 20?

With so few slots remaining, I see lots of rejects in the near future :cry:


Yale admitted 235 people for 195 seats last year. If there's 190 people in the Facebook group, there have to be some seats left. Yes, some people may not have joined the group, but I'm guessing there are people in that group who will ultimately go to H, S, of take $$$ from CCN.

Plus, and this is super un-scientific, but there roughly the same number of applicants to Y on LSN this year as there were last year, and roughly the same number of dings on the graph. My guess is that means the bulk of dings have already gone out.

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Kimikho » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:47 pm

whippersnappery wrote:
pokemonsters wrote:
bp1 wrote:Just an FYI, since I know it'll be asked - 190 in the Facebook group as of this morning (only one person was added today, so I would guess any change comes from yesterday's admits).


Considering that not all admitted students will participate in the Facebook group, that 190 number looks pretty grim to me. How many spots do we think are left? 20?

With so few slots remaining, I see lots of rejects in the near future :cry:


Yale admitted 235 people for 195 seats last year. If there's 190 people in the Facebook group, there have to be some seats left. Yes, some people may not have joined the group, but I'm guessing there are people in that group who will ultimately go to H, S, of take $$$ from CCN.

Plus, and this is super un-scientific, but there roughly the same number of applicants to Y on LSN this year as there were last year, and roughly the same number of dings on the graph. My guess is that means the bulk of dings have already gone out.


:lol:

Yale, come on now.

User avatar
whippersnappery
Posts: 173
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 10:19 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby whippersnappery » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:48 pm

scoobers wrote:
whippersnappery wrote:
pokemonsters wrote:
bp1 wrote:Just an FYI, since I know it'll be asked - 190 in the Facebook group as of this morning (only one person was added today, so I would guess any change comes from yesterday's admits).


Considering that not all admitted students will participate in the Facebook group, that 190 number looks pretty grim to me. How many spots do we think are left? 20?

With so few slots remaining, I see lots of rejects in the near future :cry:


Yale admitted 235 people for 195 seats last year. If there's 190 people in the Facebook group, there have to be some seats left. Yes, some people may not have joined the group, but I'm guessing there are people in that group who will ultimately go to H, S, of take $$$ from CCN.

Plus, and this is super un-scientific, but there roughly the same number of applicants to Y on LSN this year as there were last year, and roughly the same number of dings on the graph. My guess is that means the bulk of dings have already gone out.


:lol:

Yale, come on now.


We can only hope right? :P




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Anon.y.mousse., cyclawps, dddddd90, Google [Bot], Keilz, TudoBem and 9 guests