Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
andapieceoftoast
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:18 am

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby andapieceoftoast » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:43 pm

BANANA REPUBLIC I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR SPRING SALE
AHHHHHHHH

User avatar
wealtheow
Posts: 1034
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby wealtheow » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:45 pm

andapieceoftoast wrote:BANANA REPUBLICJ CREW I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR SPRING SALE
AHHHHHHHH

Scvaz7
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:44 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Scvaz7 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:46 pm

wealtheow wrote:
andapieceoftoast wrote:BANANA REPUBLICJ CREW I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR SPRING SALE
AHHHHHHHH


This exact thing just happened to me too ughh

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2240
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Nonconsecutive » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:47 pm

Scvaz7 wrote:
wealtheow wrote:
andapieceoftoast wrote:BANANA REPUBLICJ CREW I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR SPRING SALE
AHHHHHHHH


This exact thing just happened to me too ughh


I have a LS-only email for this exact reason. :lol:

User avatar
Brettanomyces
Posts: 410
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:08 am

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Brettanomyces » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:48 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:
Scvaz7 wrote:
wealtheow wrote:
andapieceoftoast wrote:BANANA REPUBLICJ CREW I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR SPRING SALE
AHHHHHHHH


This exact thing just happened to me too ughh


I have a LS-only email for this exact reason. :lol:


+1

Doesn't stop Arizona Summit Law from sending me three e-mails in one hour, though.

User avatar
wealtheow
Posts: 1034
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby wealtheow » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:49 pm

did arizona summit specify what kind of apps? cause id be all over some chips and dip right now

User avatar
jettison63
Posts: 434
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:01 pm

Post removed.

Postby jettison63 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:54 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by jettison63 on Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scvaz7
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:44 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Scvaz7 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:56 pm

jettison63 wrote:This sort of fun repeats tomorrow, no?

Edit: "fun"

Correct. In fact there could even be more "fun" today. It's unclear

User avatar
jettison63
Posts: 434
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:01 pm

Post removed.

Postby jettison63 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:00 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by jettison63 on Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hdunlop
Posts: 461
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:14 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby hdunlop » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:06 pm

Ding 2edt. 177/3.9x.

User avatar
andapieceoftoast
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:18 am

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby andapieceoftoast » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:07 pm

hdunlop wrote:Ding 2edt. 177/3.9x.


:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
So sorry!

User avatar
Brettanomyces
Posts: 410
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:08 am

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Brettanomyces » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:08 pm

wealtheow wrote:did arizona summit specify what kind of apps? cause id be all over some chips and dip right now


I'll show up if they buy me a few beers to make up for the three heart attacks they've given me today.

User avatar
wealtheow
Posts: 1034
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby wealtheow » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:09 pm

Brettanomyces wrote:
wealtheow wrote:did arizona summit specify what kind of apps? cause id be all over some chips and dip right now


I'll show up if they buy me a few beers to make up for the three heart attacks they've given me today.


definitely need a kegger for recompense. it's only fair.

User avatar
PourMeTea
Posts: 6508
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:32 am

Post removed.

Postby PourMeTea » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:11 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Scvaz7
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:44 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Scvaz7 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:12 pm

I get the feeling everything today is in. Which means we get to hunker down for tomorrow
So sorry for the nasty Monday that today turned out to be
Last edited by Scvaz7 on Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chizzy
Posts: 551
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:07 am

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby chizzy » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:13 pm

.
Last edited by chizzy on Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

baloneydanza
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:44 am

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby baloneydanza » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:19 pm

Alive for now. Don't expect to last the week
Last edited by baloneydanza on Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
dnptan
Posts: 354
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:33 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby dnptan » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:22 pm

baloneydanza wrote:Alive for now. Don't expect to last the week


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ljFaKRTrI&feature=kp

User avatar
jettison63
Posts: 434
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:01 pm

Post removed.

Postby jettison63 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:23 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by jettison63 on Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

texasbama
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:17 am

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby texasbama » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:47 pm

Dinged today via email at 12:56. 2.4 GPA, LSAT waaaaaay below. Submitted 1/18. Dream was fun.

Superresplitter
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:07 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Superresplitter » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:53 pm

Dddddding! Went complete on 2/13. Got the email around 2:00.

Not too surprising. Gpa is above 75th (4.05), but way way below 25th lsat (156...yea..ouch). I guess I can always try transferring in. I feel like I would have had a good shot if it weren't for my lsat: Autodidact form Appalachia, started my own construction company when is was 17,worked full time throughout UG, published honors thesis on microfinance in Appalachia.

Oh well, at least the agonizing wait is over :) Hope is a demanding mistress.

Good luck to everyone still in the running!!!!

User avatar
jettison63
Posts: 434
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:01 pm

Post removed.

Postby jettison63 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:03 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by jettison63 on Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby wtrc » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:07 pm

jettison63 wrote:
Superresplitter wrote:Dddddding! Went complete on 2/13. Got the email around 2:00.

Not too surprising. Gpa is above 75th (4.05), but way way below 25th lsat (156...yea..ouch). I guess I can always try transferring in. I feel like I would have had a good shot if it weren't for my lsat: Autodidact form Appalachia, started my own construction company when is was 17,worked full time throughout UG, published honors thesis on microfinance in Appalachia.

Oh well, at least the agonizing wait is over :) Hope is a demanding mistress.

Good luck to everyone still in the running!!!!



Sorry to hear. I'm no expert, but with your great GPA and background have you considered retaking the LSAT? I bet you could get into one of the HYS for sure in the next cycle. Your PS is done, you have the LORs. Not sure how set you are on going in 2014. I bet you could get $$ too.

My $.02.

Best of luck!


Sorry about the dings. Rough, but I'm sure everyone will have great options regardless. Yale is so seemingly random in some of these decisions.

Superresplitter, this advice is really good advice. Don't waste that GPA. Don't waste those softs. Transferring in is far from guaranteed. Retaking the LSAT sucks, but it's worth it... please retake and wait a year.... you won't regret it, you really won't. Best decision I ever made was to take more time off.

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby wtrc » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:19 pm

I hate to be the one to do this

I know it's almost certainly ridiculous and silly

But I will ask anyway

--- I know of three people who were rejected today. All of whom have last names in the early part of the alphabet.

Any post-M's rejected today?

User avatar
whippersnappery
Posts: 173
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 10:19 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby whippersnappery » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:21 pm

wtrc wrote:I hate to be the one to do this

I know it's almost certainly ridiculous and silly

But I will ask anyway

--- I know of three people who were rejected today. All of whom have last names in the early part of the alphabet.

Any post-M's rejected today?


Can't speak to that, but I can say that looking at last year's data on LSN, it looks like it's primarily based on date of completion (with some exceptions): --LinkRemoved--

Edit: accidentally a word
Last edited by whippersnappery on Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Christinabruin, JazzyMac, lillawyer2, ProductofUnreality, Rich Uncle Skeleton and 10 guests