Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Superresplitter
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:07 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Superresplitter » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:56 pm

I went complete 3/13. Does anyone know someone who went complete around that time and already heard back--ding or otherwise?

My lsat is above 75th but LSAT is way below 25th. Just wondering if I should get my hopes up for the possibility of faculty review.

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2249
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Nonconsecutive » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:39 pm

wealtheow wrote:...if you have, in fact, been spoofed, it would appear that somebody out there is in desperate need of some hobbies.

*also, i thought yale did old-fashioned postal dings? or is it late enough in the cycle that they've switched to e-mail?


It is indeed possible to spoof email addresses.

As for the dings, I've been rejected by Yale in a past cycle and it only came via email, I never actually received a physical version of my ding.

User avatar
wealtheow
Posts: 1034
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby wealtheow » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:43 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:
wealtheow wrote:...if you have, in fact, been spoofed, it would appear that somebody out there is in desperate need of some hobbies.

*also, i thought yale did old-fashioned postal dings? or is it late enough in the cycle that they've switched to e-mail?


It is indeed possible to spoof email addresses.

As for the dings, I've been rejected by Yale in a past cycle and it only came via email, I never actually received a physical version of my ding.


i just can't fathom -- ugh. i just really hope that that is NOT what happened (although i don't want you to be rejected, either, attax!)

i guess that means i don't necessarily need to be afraid of my mailbox anymore. i didn't know this was your second time around, nonconsec. good luck! :)

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2249
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Nonconsecutive » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:47 pm

wealtheow wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:
wealtheow wrote:...if you have, in fact, been spoofed, it would appear that somebody out there is in desperate need of some hobbies.

*also, i thought yale did old-fashioned postal dings? or is it late enough in the cycle that they've switched to e-mail?


It is indeed possible to spoof email addresses.

As for the dings, I've been rejected by Yale in a past cycle and it only came via email, I never actually received a physical version of my ding.


i just can't fathom -- ugh. i just really hope that that is NOT what happened (although i don't want you to be rejected, either, attax!)

i guess that means i don't necessarily need to be afraid of my mailbox anymore. i didn't know this was your second time around, nonconsec. good luck! :)


Yeah, I really hope whoever thought they were clever with the calls stopped with that, maybe they turned 14 and matured or something.

And Thanks! Yep, this ain't my first rodeo. :lol:

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Attax » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:49 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:

Yeah, I really hope whoever thought they were clever with the calls stopped with that, maybe they turned 14 and matured or something.

And Thanks! Yep, this ain't my first rodeo. :lol:




Yale or bust!!!

User avatar
Ren
Posts: 83
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:42 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Ren » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:44 pm

GOT THE CALLLLLLLLLLLLL i cant breathe

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Kimikho » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:46 pm

Ren wrote:GOT THE CALLLLLLLLLLLLL i cant breathe


congrats

Please fill this form out:
Stats?
Complete date?
Softs?

User avatar
milkandcheerios
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:58 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby milkandcheerios » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:47 pm

Ren wrote:GOT THE CALLLLLLLLLLLLL i cant breathe


Omg congrats!

Just now?

User avatar
cee cee
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 10:09 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby cee cee » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:51 pm

Oh my god called. At like 9pm. Thought it was a troll given recent events so obsessively googled till I got the email. 75th last, median GPA, urm. Applied one or two days before the deadline. Palpitating atm

User avatar
lastsamurai
Posts: 978
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:17 am

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby lastsamurai » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:51 pm

Ren wrote:GOT THE CALLLLLLLLLLLLL i cant breathe


HOLY WOW!!!! CONGRATS!!!

came back to this thread just for you :D

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2249
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Nonconsecutive » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:53 pm

Congrats! :mrgreen:

winterorange
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:38 am

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby winterorange » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:05 pm

AHHH CONGRATS EVERYONE

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Kimikho » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:07 pm

scoobers wrote:
Ren wrote:GOT THE CALLLLLLLLLLLLL i cant breathe


congrats

Please fill this form out:
Stats?
Complete date?
Softs?



Hahahaha didn't realize who this is.

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Kimikho » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:08 pm

cee cee wrote:Oh my god called. At like 9pm. Thought it was a troll given recent events so obsessively googled till I got the email. 75th last, median GPA, urm. Applied one or two days before the deadline. Palpitating atm


:shock: CONGRATS

controo
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:29 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby controo » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:12 pm

Got the call earlier today. I still think I am being trolled, even after the email. I just cannot believe this at all.

Stats: over median for both, applied a few days before the deadline.

manu6926
Posts: 285
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:05 pm

...

Postby manu6926 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:15 pm

...
Last edited by manu6926 on Sun May 25, 2014 10:22 am, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
teampeeta
Posts: 422
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby teampeeta » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:15 pm

cee cee wrote:Oh my god called. At like 9pm. Thought it was a troll given recent events so obsessively googled till I got the email. 75th last, median GPA, urm. Applied one or two days before the deadline. Palpitating atm


YAY! Congrats!! I told you it was a matter of time before Asha came calling. :D

User avatar
Ren
Posts: 83
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:42 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Ren » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:16 pm

lastsamurai wrote:
Ren wrote:GOT THE CALLLLLLLLLLLLL i cant breathe


HOLY WOW!!!! CONGRATS!!!

came back to this thread just for you :D


<333

User avatar
Ren
Posts: 83
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:42 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Ren » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:17 pm

scoobers wrote:
scoobers wrote:
Ren wrote:GOT THE CALLLLLLLLLLLLL i cant breathe


congrats

Please fill this form out:
Stats?
Complete date?
Softs?



Hahahaha didn't realize who this is.

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!



:D

User avatar
malleus discentium
Posts: 878
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 2:30 am

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby malleus discentium » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:18 pm

Ren wrote:GOT THE CALLLLLLLLLLLLL i cant breathe

Image

Congratulations!

User avatar
jettison63
Posts: 434
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:01 pm

Post removed.

Postby jettison63 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:20 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by jettison63 on Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2249
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Nonconsecutive » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:29 pm

Pretty cool that a few of you new admits were near deadline people. :)

texasbama
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:17 am

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby texasbama » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:13 am

I keep reading interviews with Asha about people receiving acceptances with abysmally low LSATs. It seems this cycle has been more forgiving in terms of LSAT, giving more credit to life experience. I can only hope.
BTW - Congrats to everyone!!!!

TripleCheck
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:09 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby TripleCheck » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:35 am

andapieceoftoast wrote:
TripleCheck wrote:
vuthy wrote:
TripleCheck wrote:This would probably be unwarranted but I am not your typical applicant that would be accepted to Yale. After reviewing my materials I feel I could write a letter explaining myself a bit better, developing on government work experience, unusual (but not outrageous or illness related) hardships that I have overcome and my plans with the law industry.

Does anybody know if they take these things in a positive light or should I patiently await my ding? If I'm expecting a rejection I can't see how it'd hurt but I'd like insight on others experience if somebody has input to contribute. :)


Do you mean as an addendum to your already-submitted materials? Others may disagree, but I would probably counsel against it on the grounds that it does two negative things: (1) draws attention to the fact that your original materials were not top notch, either in terms of content or presentation, and (2) makes you appear indecisive or disorganized. I'm not saying either of these are true, but I'd be worried about the perception.


I did not speak of obstacles, primarily, but some of my friends told me I should have wrote about my struggle regarding homelessness and how I overcame it, which combined with my current employment is a large contribution to my desire to pursue public interest law. But because I didn't view the obstacle as sufficient enough to include. Just a thought. I read that obstacles should not be included unless it's significant such as overcoming cancer, URM related, etc. I'm probably just over analyzing things.


Although under most circumstances, I would agree with vuthy, I think your situation is the kind of thing they want to read about. If you decide to tell your story, I would just write a short email saying that you hesitated to include it in your initial application, but feel that you have certain life experiences that truly shaped your decision to attend law school and you hope that they will take these circumstances into consideration when making their decision. I think if you set the right tone when you present this info, this could be really powerful. Best of luck to you -- you could be just the type of person Yale is looking for -- someone who's on track to change the world for the better!


I took a leap of faith. I had been revising and editing a letter for this situation for a few weeks now, not sure if and when to hit send (not sure if I should event hit send at all). I finally finalized something tonight and sent it. It was not lengthy, and explained in exactitude (without too much detail) the who what when where why I left out. I still feel a bit silly, sending this sort of thing to an esteemed law school. I'm almost certain I'm not being admitted (unless I am in a dream, where it might happen), but the important this is at least I can consider my attempt whole now. If I didn't include it, I'd probably mill over the rejection for days regretting not having sent it.

For others who may have thought about what this may be replied with, I'll be certain to let you know what the response is. If I receive one.

MrHabeas
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:18 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby MrHabeas » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:36 am

OH MY GOSH I GOT IN TO YALE LAW SCHOOL AWHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Above 75% GPA, 50%<LSAT<75%
Submitted on 2/28

Unreal
UNREAL!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I LOVE TLS AHHHHHH

I have dreamed of Yale Law for three years now, ever since my professor told me about it and I saw it on TLS.
This is like, the end of long journey for me. Three years ago I never thought I could break a 170 and would never get in to the T14, then I never thought I could get accepted to Harvard, then I got the Rubenstein, and now Yale, and AHHHH! And I always wanted Yale, even if it wasn't ranked #1

To everyone at TLS, thank you for making this such a great community.

AHHHHHHHHHH




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], fancyfluter22, jtawil, Lmorina126, notorious_mig, notsolawful and 22 guests