Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
vuthy
Posts: 379
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:55 am

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby vuthy » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:28 pm

Attax wrote:
drawstring wrote:
Attax wrote:CODE YALE!

Has Yale EVER called asking for clarification or anything regarding apps and such? I am seriously freaking the hell out right now.

EDIT: I got a call from Yale admissions, missed it, no voicemail, called back and office was closed. Some people who have not applied also got a call. Looks like epic trolling.


I can only imagine how let down I'd be if that happened, especially considering the recent tweet :shock:


I am pretty ir9 right now. I didn't expect to have a chance, so this was def a shock. I'll call tomorrow and get clarification, maybe they'll let me in as a pity admit.


Can't imagine it's anything but an admit -- but don't they email if they miss you by phone?

politics89
Posts: 377
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:50 am

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby politics89 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:29 pm

Attax wrote:
drawstring wrote:
Attax wrote:CODE YALE!

Has Yale EVER called asking for clarification or anything regarding apps and such? I am seriously freaking the hell out right now.

EDIT: I got a call from Yale admissions, missed it, no voicemail, called back and office was closed. Some people who have not applied also got a call. Looks like epic trolling.


I can only imagine how let down I'd be if that happened, especially considering the recent tweet :shock:


I am pretty ir9 right now. I didn't expect to have a chance, so this was def a shock. I'll call tomorrow and get clarification, maybe they'll let me in as a pity admit.


What were non-applicants getting calls about? This seems pretty ridic. I would not be happy.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Attax » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:32 pm

politics89 wrote:
What were non-applicants getting calls about? This seems pretty ridic. I would not be happy.


Unless anyone else got called it seems like a very elaborate prank amongst some friends I have here and me.

User avatar
wealtheow
Posts: 1034
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby wealtheow » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:36 pm

Attax wrote:
politics89 wrote:
What were non-applicants getting calls about? This seems pretty ridic. I would not be happy.


Unless anyone else got called it seems like a very elaborate prank amongst some ex-friends I have here and me.



ftfy

politics89
Posts: 377
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:50 am

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby politics89 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:37 pm

wealtheow wrote:
Attax wrote:
politics89 wrote:
What were non-applicants getting calls about? This seems pretty ridic. I would not be happy.


Unless anyone else got called it seems like a very elaborate prank amongst some ex-friends I have here and me.



ftfy


+1

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Attax » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:38 pm

Working on identifying the culprit. My general 5 minutes of internet research have indicated that this is, in fact, illegal.

User avatar
wealtheow
Posts: 1034
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby wealtheow » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:44 pm

:/ not alright

User avatar
KatyMarie
Posts: 616
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:16 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby KatyMarie » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:47 pm

Attax: Nothing in your email/secondary email/spam folder??

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Attax » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:48 pm

KatyMarie wrote:Attax: Nothing in your email/secondary email/spam folder??


Nope, nothing :evil: :evil: :evil:

ga208
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby ga208 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:52 pm

My understanding is that they follow up the admit calls with an email.

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2243
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Nonconsecutive » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:23 pm

Attax wrote:Working on identifying the culprit. My general 5 minutes of internet research have indicated that this is, in fact, illegal.


I think you should respond in kind with some other illegal act, murder perhaps. Say you were defending Yale's honor in your C&F addendum.

muzzy
Posts: 488
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:01 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby muzzy » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:15 pm

.
Last edited by muzzy on Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Attax » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:03 am

muzzy wrote:Challenge them to a duel. I've heard successful dueling is a great soft for Y. But only if you have >3 under your belt.


What kind of duel are we talking here? Swords? Wild west shootout? This kind of info is important to this decision!

User avatar
wealtheow
Posts: 1034
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby wealtheow » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:39 am

Attax wrote:
muzzy wrote:Challenge them to a duel. I've heard successful dueling is a great soft for Y. But only if you have >3 under your belt.


What kind of duel are we talking here? Swords? Wild west shootout? This kind of info is important to this decision!


my vote goes to lightsaber duel

lawlorbust
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:50 am

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby lawlorbust » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:15 am

Attax wrote:
muzzy wrote:Challenge them to a duel. I've heard successful dueling is a great soft for Y. But only if you have >3 under your belt.


What kind of duel are we talking here? Swords? Wild west shootout? This kind of info is important to this decision!


have you called the admissions office back?

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Attax » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:22 am

lawlorbust wrote:
Attax wrote:
muzzy wrote:Challenge them to a duel. I've heard successful dueling is a great soft for Y. But only if you have >3 under your belt.


What kind of duel are we talking here? Swords? Wild west shootout? This kind of info is important to this decision!


have you called the admissions office back?


No, after realizing it was a prank I have decided the best course of option is to not contact them. I don't want an odd red flag on my application hindering anything.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Attax » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:22 am

wealtheow wrote:
Attax wrote:
muzzy wrote:Challenge them to a duel. I've heard successful dueling is a great soft for Y. But only if you have >3 under your belt.


What kind of duel are we talking here? Swords? Wild west shootout? This kind of info is important to this decision!


my vote goes to lightsaber duel


Oh easy enough! Probably better since I'm a giant target for a wild west shootout.

User avatar
bbkk
Posts: 728
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:28 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby bbkk » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:22 am

¿Today?

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Attax » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:23 am

bbkk wrote:¿Today?


If I get another 203 call today, I'll let you know if it is for real or not :D

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby chuckbass » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:24 am

bbkk wrote:¿Today?

I hope you get it today <3

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby wtrc » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:30 am

Attax wrote:
lawlorbust wrote:
Attax wrote:
muzzy wrote:Challenge them to a duel. I've heard successful dueling is a great soft for Y. But only if you have >3 under your belt.


What kind of duel are we talking here? Swords? Wild west shootout? This kind of info is important to this decision!


have you called the admissions office back?


No, after realizing it was a prank I have decided the best course of option is to not contact them. I don't want an odd red flag on my application hindering anything.


I get the reasoning and would probably do the same..... but I still think it could be a fun conversation if you get lucky and Asha picks up the phone :P.

muzzy
Posts: 488
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:01 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby muzzy » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:38 am

.
Last edited by muzzy on Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
August Wilson
Posts: 453
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby August Wilson » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:39 am

attax, are you 100% sure it's a prank? I've heard of them calling and not leaving a VM before. I'd call the number back this morning and see what's up.

hibye
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:08 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby hibye » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:48 am

Have you tried googling the number to see if it matches any numbers on the Yale Law website? Alternatively, I could see if it matches the phone number that I got when I got the call, if you would like.

User avatar
vuthy
Posts: 379
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:55 am

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby vuthy » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:50 am

August Wilson wrote:attax, are you 100% sure it's a prank? I've heard of them calling and not leaving a VM before. I'd call the number back this morning and see what's up.


Yeah, since you called the number back at it was YLS admissions voicemail, how could it be a prank?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”