Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jjmaple8
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:00 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby jjmaple8 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:42 pm

whippersnappery wrote:
koalacity wrote:
vuthy wrote:
chizzy wrote:LSN just reported an acceptance an hour ago. Guess calls are going out


That one is dated late January. Think it's just a user updating profile.

I assume chizzy is referring to this one: http://lawschoolnumbers.com/swissresistance


Holy cow, either that person has done something amazing, or they're a troll.


I'm so conflicted because it gives me hope for my mediocre stats, but also saddens me greatly because he/she has probably taken one of very few diversity/non-trad spots :cry: :cry: :cry:

chizzy
Posts: 551
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:07 am

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby chizzy » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:21 pm

.
Last edited by chizzy on Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
milkandcheerios
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:58 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby milkandcheerios » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:27 pm

chizzy wrote:One thing im just trying to understand is that they have already admitted hundreds of people. But tls is so quiet. Makes me wonder:
Who are these people? DO THEY GO TO HOGWARTS


I'm sure there's always a good chunk of lurkers who never post. Also because Yale has such a small class, I think it really makes a big difference. What do you think is the percent of other school's admitted students who actually post on TLS?

User avatar
SordidLSATHistory
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:37 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby SordidLSATHistory » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:32 pm

chizzy wrote:One thing im just trying to understand is that they have already admitted hundreds of people. But tls is so quiet. Makes me wonder:
Who are these people? DO THEY GO TO HOGWARTS



We ARE sure this "Yale Law School" place is real, right?

User avatar
Howl
Posts: 293
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:11 am

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Howl » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:35 pm

ryaka wrote:134 members on the FB group :) Good luck!


so, assuming that almost every admitted person joins Yale's Class of 2017 facebook page, and taking into account that: Yale's classes are usually about 200, and since yale's enrollment rate is around 80%, which means roughly 250 spots offered...

About a 100 more people will receive the lucky call in the next coming month or so?

chizzy
Posts: 551
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:07 am

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby chizzy » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:44 pm

.
Last edited by chizzy on Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

chizzy
Posts: 551
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:07 am

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby chizzy » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:45 pm

.
Last edited by chizzy on Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
FuriousDuck
Posts: 507
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:33 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby FuriousDuck » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:12 pm

...
Last edited by FuriousDuck on Tue May 13, 2014 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2242
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Nonconsecutive » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:36 pm

FuriousDuck wrote:Yale is like fairyland-- you can't get in unless you believe.


:lol:

dreamerchic19
Posts: 234
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:41 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby dreamerchic19 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:50 am

I'll just be happy to say that I at least applied to Yale Law :D

User avatar
FuriousDuck
Posts: 507
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:33 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby FuriousDuck » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:51 am

...
Last edited by FuriousDuck on Tue May 13, 2014 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2242
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Nonconsecutive » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:39 pm

FuriousDuck wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:
FuriousDuck wrote:Yale is like fairyland-- you can't get in unless you believe.


:lol:


Congrats on Stanford. I figured I'd post this here rather than the Stanford thread since Yale has once again fallen off of the first page.


Thank ye.

And yes, we must keep Yale on the first page. I think its bad luck to let it get to the second.

jjmaple8
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:00 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby jjmaple8 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:09 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:
FuriousDuck wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:
FuriousDuck wrote:Yale is like fairyland-- you can't get in unless you believe.


:lol:


Congrats on Stanford. I figured I'd post this here rather than the Stanford thread since Yale has once again fallen off of the first page.


Thank ye.

And yes, we must keep Yale on the first page. I think its bad luck to let it get to the second.


Do you think they'll let me in if I keep bumping the thread? NOTICE ME YALE GODS.

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2242
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Nonconsecutive » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:28 pm

jjmaple8 wrote:Do you think they'll let me in if I keep bumping the thread? NOTICE ME YALE GODS.


Maybe Yale values thread bumping as a soft, the world will never know. :lol:

chizzy
Posts: 551
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:07 am

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby chizzy » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:59 pm

my weekend seems so slooow. i didnt know waiting for law school admissions would be worse than waiting for the LSAT. :(

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2242
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Nonconsecutive » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:10 pm

chizzy wrote:my weekend seems so slooow. i didnt know waiting for law school admissions would be worse than waiting for the LSAT. :(


I seem to be one of the few people who found that LSAT wait not bad at all. And it definitely had nothing to do with confidence on test day.

chizzy
Posts: 551
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:07 am

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby chizzy » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:14 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:
chizzy wrote:my weekend seems so slooow. i didnt know waiting for law school admissions would be worse than waiting for the LSAT. :(


I seem to be one of the few people who found that LSAT wait not bad at all. And it definitely had nothing to do with confidence on test day.


i think with the lsat you kind of guess the score range you might end up getting based on your recent practice tests.

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2242
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Nonconsecutive » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:16 pm

chizzy wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:
chizzy wrote:my weekend seems so slooow. i didnt know waiting for law school admissions would be worse than waiting for the LSAT. :(


I seem to be one of the few people who found that LSAT wait not bad at all. And it definitely had nothing to do with confidence on test day.


i think with the lsat you kind of guess the score range you might end up getting based on your recent practice tests.


Very true, especially if nothing really felt off on test day. With admissions, its much harder to predict, especially with the way things have been this cycle.

User avatar
bbkk
Posts: 728
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:28 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby bbkk » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:08 am

Nonconsecutive wrote:
jjmaple8 wrote:Do you think they'll let me in if I keep bumping the thread? NOTICE ME YALE GODS.


Maybe Yale values thread bumping as a soft, the world will never know. :lol:


I hoap that's the case since I've been shamelessly bumping this thread for SO MANY times (like what I'm doing right naw!) :lol:

blackbirdfly
Posts: 313
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:04 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby blackbirdfly » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:50 am

Judging from ASW dates and LSN decision dates, people tend to have their first decision from Yale before ASW weekend. ASW is a weekend early this year because of Easter.... could this mean that everyone will have their initial decision within the next few weeks? :shock: Just speculating.

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby wtrc » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:11 pm

blackbirdfly wrote:Judging from ASW dates and LSN decision dates, people tend to have their first decision from Yale before ASW weekend. ASW is a weekend early this year because of Easter.... could this mean that everyone will have their initial decision within the next few weeks? :shock: Just speculating.


There is so much happening that weekend with other law school ASW's and other stuff, and I am starting to make plans with the mental caveat of THIS ALL COULD CHANGE SUDDENLY AT THE LAST MINUTE

User avatar
cee cee
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 10:09 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby cee cee » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:41 pm

wtrc wrote:
blackbirdfly wrote:Judging from ASW dates and LSN decision dates, people tend to have their first decision from Yale before ASW weekend. ASW is a weekend early this year because of Easter.... could this mean that everyone will have their initial decision within the next few weeks? :shock: Just speculating.


There is so much happening that weekend with other law school ASW's and other stuff, and I am starting to make plans with the mental caveat of THIS ALL COULD CHANGE SUDDENLY AT THE LAST MINUTE

I really, really need to buy a plane ticket for an upcoming ASW but I feel like that would be jinxing myself.

What's the latest speculation on when the batch who applied around the deadline will start hearing back?

User avatar
teampeeta
Posts: 422
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby teampeeta » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:44 pm

cee cee wrote:
wtrc wrote:
blackbirdfly wrote:Judging from ASW dates and LSN decision dates, people tend to have their first decision from Yale before ASW weekend. ASW is a weekend early this year because of Easter.... could this mean that everyone will have their initial decision within the next few weeks? :shock: Just speculating.


There is so much happening that weekend with other law school ASW's and other stuff, and I am starting to make plans with the mental caveat of THIS ALL COULD CHANGE SUDDENLY AT THE LAST MINUTE

I really, really need to buy a plane ticket for an upcoming ASW but I feel like that would be jinxing myself.

What's the latest speculation on when the batch who applied around the deadline will start hearing back?


Isn't it usually the first week of April?

User avatar
Howl
Posts: 293
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:11 am

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Howl » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:02 pm

teampeeta wrote:
cee cee wrote:
wtrc wrote:
blackbirdfly wrote:Judging from ASW dates and LSN decision dates, people tend to have their first decision from Yale before ASW weekend. ASW is a weekend early this year because of Easter.... could this mean that everyone will have their initial decision within the next few weeks? :shock: Just speculating.


There is so much happening that weekend with other law school ASW's and other stuff, and I am starting to make plans with the mental caveat of THIS ALL COULD CHANGE SUDDENLY AT THE LAST MINUTE

I really, really need to buy a plane ticket for an upcoming ASW but I feel like that would be jinxing myself.

What's the latest speculation on when the batch who applied around the deadline will start hearing back?


Isn't it usually the first week of April?


That's what I thought too. Last year there was a huge dingwave in the last week of March and the first week of April.

politics89
Posts: 377
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:50 am

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby politics89 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:15 pm

A tweet!!

@ylsadmissions: Expect some (203)-style activity over the next few days!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”