Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
koalacity

Silver
Posts: 1162
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:56 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby koalacity » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:20 pm

Cicero76 wrote:Sorry about all the dings guys. I find the 3.8+/180 dings shocking, honestly.

Cicero, tell us the secret to getting into Yale. How did you do it? Is it because you're actually a wizard?

User avatar
bhs12

Bronze
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby bhs12 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:21 pm

Yes, Cicero, do tell..!

Do you think we should expect a series of bloodbaths all week long?

legal-beagle

New
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:13 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby legal-beagle » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:22 pm

Cicero76 wrote:Sorry about all the dings guys. I find the 3.8+/180 dings shocking, honestly.


Well the quick profile facts at the YLS website show that only 19% of the class of 2016 came directly from undergrad, so that may account for some 3.8+/180 dings. Preference for older applicants

User avatar
teampeeta

Bronze
Posts: 422
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby teampeeta » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:22 pm

Ugh, it looks like this was a bloodbath. Condolences to all who are victims of the New Haven red wedding.

User avatar
t-14orbust

Gold
Posts: 2125
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby t-14orbust » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:25 pm

koalacity wrote:
Cicero76 wrote:Sorry about all the dings guys. I find the 3.8+/180 dings shocking, honestly.

Cicero, tell us the secret to getting into Yale. How did you do it? Is it because you're actually a wizard?


Can confirm that he is indeed a wizard

User avatar
Cicero76

Silver
Posts: 1281
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:41 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Cicero76 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:30 pm

koalacity wrote:Cicero, tell us the secret to getting into Yale. How did you do it? Is it because you're actually a wizard?


This year I've been standing in front of the YLS admissions office with a staff and yelling "You shall not admit!"

Didn't think they'd take me literally with regard to perfect LSATs though.


bhs12 wrote:Yes, Cicero, do tell..!

Do you think we should expect a series of bloodbaths all week long?


Last year they came in enormous waves, every week or two. For a while it was every Friday.

User avatar
Quest4Knowledge

Bronze
Posts: 293
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:36 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Quest4Knowledge » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:31 pm

teampeeta wrote:Ugh, it looks like this was a bloodbath. Condolences to all who are victims of the New Haven red wedding.

+1

User avatar
koalacity

Silver
Posts: 1162
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:56 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby koalacity » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:33 pm

Cicero76 wrote:
koalacity wrote:Cicero, tell us the secret to getting into Yale. How did you do it? Is it because you're actually a wizard?


This year I've been standing in front of the YLS admissions office with a staff and yelling "You shall not admit!"

Didn't think they'd take me literally with regard to perfect LSATs though.

/ded

Howl

Bronze
Posts: 296
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:11 am

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Howl » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:35 pm

koalacity wrote:
Cicero76 wrote:
koalacity wrote:Cicero, tell us the secret to getting into Yale. How did you do it? Is it because you're actually a wizard?


This year I've been standing in front of the YLS admissions office with a staff and yelling "You shall not admit!"

Didn't think they'd take me literally with regard to perfect LSATs though.

/ded


+1

User avatar
bhs12

Bronze
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby bhs12 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:47 pm

Cicero76 wrote:
koalacity wrote:Cicero, tell us the secret to getting into Yale. How did you do it? Is it because you're actually a wizard?


This year I've been standing in front of the YLS admissions office with a staff and yelling "You shall not admit!"

Didn't think they'd take me literally with regard to perfect LSATs though.


bhs12 wrote:Yes, Cicero, do tell..!

Do you think we should expect a series of bloodbaths all week long?


Last year they came in enormous waves, every week or two. For a while it was every Friday.


Interesting. And admits, were they individually interspersed through this time period?

User avatar
Cicero76

Silver
Posts: 1281
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:41 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Cicero76 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:48 pm

bhs12 wrote:
Interesting. And admits, were they individually interspersed through this time period?


Yup. At weird times, often, like 9:30pm on Sunday night.

User avatar
whippersnappery

Bronze
Posts: 174
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 10:19 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby whippersnappery » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:50 pm

Cicero76 wrote:
bhs12 wrote:
Interesting. And admits, were they individually interspersed through this time period?


Yup. At weird times, often, like 9:30pm on Sunday night.


Welp, now I can stress even on weekends!

Do you know if the decisions were roughly chronological by when applications were submitted?

Edit: accidentally a word

legal-beagle

New
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:13 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby legal-beagle » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:53 pm

The YLS twitter post says acceptances and denials all week. So, with LSN having 39 dings and no accepts today, perhaps the acceptances will start tomorrow

User avatar
tlsapp2017

Bronze
Posts: 205
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:14 am

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby tlsapp2017 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:58 pm

Figured I join the Ding party.

174, 3.8x from top UG. Complete late November/early December

(got the email 3 hours ago, so don't freak out - I doubt they are still sending them!)

User avatar
Cicero76

Silver
Posts: 1281
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:41 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Cicero76 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:19 pm

whippersnappery wrote:
Cicero76 wrote:
bhs12 wrote:
Interesting. And admits, were they individually interspersed through this time period?


Yup. At weird times, often, like 9:30pm on Sunday night.


Welp, now I can stress even on weekends!

Do you know if the decisions were roughly chronological by when applications were submitted?

Edit: accidentally a word


They were not at all.

IrishJew

Bronze
Posts: 331
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:39 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby IrishJew » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:40 pm

bbkk wrote:
koalacity wrote:That whole "no one gets into Yale" thing is legit, apparently...


+1

I can't believe this...

Image


But you're still in the running, right?

EquallyWrong

Gold
Posts: 4479
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:19 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby EquallyWrong » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:45 pm

tlsapp2017 wrote:Figured I join the Ding party.

174, 3.8x from top UG. Complete late November/early December

(got the email 3 hours ago, so don't freak out - I doubt they are still sending them!)

One of us...one of us...gooble gobble, gooble gobble

User avatar
milkandcheerios

Bronze
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:58 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby milkandcheerios » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:50 pm

drawstring wrote:hmmm...so maybe I'm getting dinged tomorrow then.


+1

User avatar
heythatslife

Silver
Posts: 1203
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:18 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby heythatslife » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:52 pm

Dinged. 173/4.0, Ivy UG & 3 years WE.

Oh well. I'll just go to that other school in Boston.

User avatar
bhs12

Bronze
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby bhs12 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:53 pm

milkandcheerios wrote:
drawstring wrote:hmmm...so maybe I'm getting dinged tomorrow then.


+1


+2...
or accepted...maybe, please, maybe? But ending tomorrow without having been dinged (dung?) would good, too!

User avatar
t-14orbust

Gold
Posts: 2125
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby t-14orbust » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:01 pm

heythatslife wrote:Dinged. 173/4.0, Ivy UG & 3 years WE.

Oh well. I'll just go to that other school in Boston.


hey, that's life

User avatar
ShrimpToastMasters

Bronze
Posts: 411
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:47 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby ShrimpToastMasters » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:03 pm

heythatslife wrote:Dinged. 173/4.0, Ivy UG & 3 years WE.

Oh well. I'll just go to that other school in Boston.


Tufts?

jk jk :)

User avatar
t-14orbust

Gold
Posts: 2125
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby t-14orbust » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:08 pm

ShrimpToastMasters wrote:
heythatslife wrote:Dinged. 173/4.0, Ivy UG & 3 years WE.

Oh well. I'll just go to that other school in Boston.


Tufts?

jk jk :)


he's referring to New England Law School - Boston

Workingtitle

New
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:05 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Workingtitle » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:31 pm

Dinged today too! 170/3.92, K-JD, non-URM and above average softs, you know, for a normal person.

I knew the day would come when I would hear back from a law school and it not be an acceptance....... but I still didn't want it to be today! Oh well. It was inevitable.

Tell you what though, if I had a perfect LSAT score and nearly perfect GPA, I would not be handling this well at all. That's just crazy.

jjbinks

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:33 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby jjbinks » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:43 pm

.
Last edited by jjbinks on Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests