Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Where are you in the Harvard application process?

I'm applying next year, just reading this thread to prepare
38
12%
Applying this year, I got an extension on my application
1
0%
I applied and haven't gotten a JS1 yet
64
20%
I applied and got a JS1, but haven't had it yet.
7
2%
I had my JS1 but I'm waiting for a magical phone call
43
13%
Already had my JS2, just here to help
62
19%
Waitlisted
61
19%
Dinged D:
49
15%
 
Total votes: 325

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:27 pm

Poast 3100 for luck tomorrow.

User avatar
PotenC
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:13 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby PotenC » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:29 pm

Post 100 then, also for luck.

3100 x 100 = 310,000 luck

muzzy
Posts: 488
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:01 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby muzzy » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:32 pm

.
Last edited by muzzy on Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby drawstring » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:36 pm

Next two weeks will be huge people. The Harvard suggestion that they'd get back to us by April and now Stanford.........

zsazsa
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:39 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby zsazsa » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:37 pm

Anyone else suspect that T14 schools use LSN to track applicants? Some LSN profiles are so detailed that an AdComm could easily identify the candidate, his preferences, his status at other schools (e.g. accepted, waitlisted, denied). AdComms could then use that data to decide whether or not to admit a certain student.

So say an AdComm from Penn positively identifies an applicant on LSN, and determines that said applicant has already been admitted to HLS. Knowing that the student is unlikely to attend Penn, the AdComm could waitlist/reject the applicant and, in doing so, protect Penn's yield.

This is only my suspicion, so take it with a grain of salt. I'm just wondering if anyone else has thought about this. I think it would make for a pretty useful strategy, even though it might delay the admissions process.

User avatar
Mack.Hambleton
Posts: 5417
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:09 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:44 pm

zsazsa wrote:Anyone else suspect that T14 schools use LSN to track applicants? Some LSN profiles are so detailed that an AdComm could easily identify the candidate, his preferences, his status at other schools (e.g. accepted, waitlisted, denied). AdComms could then use that data to decide whether or not to admit a certain student.

So say an AdComm from Penn positively identifies an applicant on LSN, and determines that said applicant has already been admitted to HLS. Knowing that the student is unlikely to attend Penn, the AdComm could waitlist/reject the applicant and, in doing so, protect Penn's yield.

This is only my suspicion, so take it with a grain of salt. I'm just wondering if anyone else has thought about this. I think it would make for a pretty useful strategy, even though it might delay the admissions process.


well they probably already know based on their stats (e.g. if it's a 3.9/175 they're probably not coming), plus whether or not they write a Why Penn or something else to show they're really interested. I take it they'll just waitlist high numbers who don't show any interest, and then if they withdraw that's that, and if they don't and send a LOCI then they'll probably admit them.

User avatar
PotenC
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:13 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby PotenC » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:46 pm

drawstring wrote:Next two weeks will be huge people. The Harvard suggestion that they'd get back to us by April and now Stanford.........


Image

I can finally post images now. Gonna start using personal smileys from now on. Feels great. Image

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby drawstring » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:00 pm

no longer a noob :lol:

User avatar
wealtheow
Posts: 1034
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby wealtheow » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:11 pm

really wish people would provide their decision dates on lsn... two dings reported in last few hours, for very recently completed/sent files :/

User avatar
Quest4Knowledge
Posts: 293
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:36 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Quest4Knowledge » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:35 pm

wealtheow wrote:really wish people would provide their decision dates on lsn... two dings reported in last few hours, for very recently completed/sent files :/

Agreed, dates would be nice. Although I would assume these two dings are both late updates from the 3/14 wave.

User avatar
Arrow4Christ
Posts: 418
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:07 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Arrow4Christ » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:03 pm

Post 300 hoping for a JS2. You know I love you, Harvard…

Image

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Kimikho » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:06 pm

PotenC wrote:
drawstring wrote:Next two weeks will be huge people. The Harvard suggestion that they'd get back to us by April and now Stanford.........


Image

I can finally post images now. Gonna start using personal smileys from now on. Feels great. Image


tofu?

User avatar
PotenC
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:13 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby PotenC » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:19 pm

Tofu? What do you mean? Image

NoDayButToday
Posts: 1031
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:34 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby NoDayButToday » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:22 pm

.
Last edited by NoDayButToday on Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
PotenC
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:13 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby PotenC » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:28 pm

Image

fivestarfolds
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby fivestarfolds » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:59 pm

zsazsa wrote:Anyone else suspect that T14 schools use LSN to track applicants? Some LSN profiles are so detailed that an AdComm could easily identify the candidate, his preferences, his status at other schools (e.g. accepted, waitlisted, denied). AdComms could then use that data to decide whether or not to admit a certain student.

So say an AdComm from Penn positively identifies an applicant on LSN, and determines that said applicant has already been admitted to HLS. Knowing that the student is unlikely to attend Penn, the AdComm could waitlist/reject the applicant and, in doing so, protect Penn's yield.

This is only my suspicion, so take it with a grain of salt. I'm just wondering if anyone else has thought about this. I think it would make for a pretty useful strategy, even though it might delay the admissions process.

Far too logical for the HLS forum! I'm reporting this post for being too rational. Be sillier.

User avatar
Catherinelo365
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:56 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Catherinelo365 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:06 am

Post for good luck! JS2 please!

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2249
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Nonconsecutive » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:17 am

scoobers wrote:
PotenC wrote:
drawstring wrote:Next two weeks will be huge people. The Harvard suggestion that they'd get back to us by April and now Stanford.........


Image

I can finally post images now. Gonna start using personal smileys from now on. Feels great. Image


tofu?


Exact same thoughts.

User avatar
PotenC
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:13 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby PotenC » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:28 am

Image

User avatar
rseaney
Posts: 393
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:53 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby rseaney » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:27 am

I'm flying out for Michigan's ASW tomorrow, and I would like my miserable three hour layover in Phoenix interrupted by a JS2 just oh so much

dreamerchic19
Posts: 234
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:41 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby dreamerchic19 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:44 am

Happy First Day of Spring!!!

Amico2017
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:54 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Amico2017 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:41 am

dreamerchic19 wrote:Happy First Day of Spring!!!


Thanks my dear! May I suggest your avatar reads "keep calm because your JS2 is on the way" ? :)

dreamerchic19
Posts: 234
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:41 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby dreamerchic19 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:57 am

Amico2017 wrote:
dreamerchic19 wrote:Happy First Day of Spring!!!


Thanks my dear! May I suggest your avatar reads "keep calm because your JS2 is on the way" ? :)


I like that idea :mrgreen:

User avatar
corporatebarbarian
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:44 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby corporatebarbarian » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:39 pm

"He fell in October, 1918, on a day that was so quiet and still on the whole front, that the army report confined itself to the single sentence: All quiet on the Western Front.

He had fallen forward and lay on the earth as though sleeping. Turning him over one saw that he could not have suffered long; his face had an expression of calm, as though almost glad the end had come."

User avatar
wealtheow
Posts: 1034
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby wealtheow » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:40 pm

corporatebarbarian wrote:"He fell in October, 1918, on a day that was so quiet and still on the whole front, that the army report confined itself to the single sentence: All quiet on the Western Front.

He had fallen forward and lay on the earth as though sleeping. Turning him over one saw that he could not have suffered long; his face had an expression of calm, as though almost glad the end had come."


did you get dinged or what?

eta: great book




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Assasindowntheavenue, Bob loblaw law blog, Christinabruin, fountainja, Keilz, Long shot hero, NotAGolfer, potterotter and 20 guests