Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Where are you in the Harvard application process?

I'm applying next year, just reading this thread to prepare
38
12%
Applying this year, I got an extension on my application
1
0%
I applied and haven't gotten a JS1 yet
64
20%
I applied and got a JS1, but haven't had it yet.
7
2%
I had my JS1 but I'm waiting for a magical phone call
43
13%
Already had my JS2, just here to help
62
19%
Waitlisted
61
19%
Dinged D:
49
15%
 
Total votes: 325

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:40 pm

rseaney wrote:are we thinking this WL is legit then?


standing by either innocent mistake / malicious troll, but not legitimate WL

politics89
Posts: 377
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:50 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby politics89 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:43 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
rseaney wrote:are we thinking this WL is legit then?


standing by either innocent mistake / malicious troll, but not legitimate WL


He updated Berk to Waitlisted at the same time so I think innocent mistake.

User avatar
rseaney
Posts: 393
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:53 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby rseaney » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:50 pm

politics89 wrote:
barrelofmonkeys wrote:
rseaney wrote:are we thinking this WL is legit then?


standing by either innocent mistake / malicious troll, but not legitimate WL


He updated Berk to Waitlisted at the same time so I think innocent mistake.


agreed

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:53 pm

politics89 wrote:
barrelofmonkeys wrote:
rseaney wrote:are we thinking this WL is legit then?


standing by either innocent mistake / malicious troll, but not legitimate WL


He updated Berk to Waitlisted at the same time so I think innocent mistake.


Or was that just a cleverly-designed ploy to make you think it was an innocent mistake?

User avatar
selden
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:27 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby selden » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:55 pm

PallasAthena wrote:
selden wrote:
PallasAthena wrote:
midwest17 wrote:
You can accept scholarships without withdrawing from schools where you haven't received a final decision. Not saying that it's not stressful, but anyone still waiting to hear from Harvard in April can accept NYU and then withdraw after they hear from Harvard.


NYU has extended its scholarship deadline to 4/21 (I got an email from them yesterday informing me of this welcome decision!), so hopefully it wouldn't come to that.


Thanks for letting me know about the deadline change Pallas - I only recently submitted Need Access so I haven't heard about any potential awards yet.

No problem. Hope they offer you loads of money soon! They were pretty fast with my need+merit based aid. I heard back within a week.


Thanks :) that is super fast. I hope mine is too

User avatar
selden
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:27 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby selden » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:55 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
politics89 wrote:
barrelofmonkeys wrote:
rseaney wrote:are we thinking this WL is legit then?


standing by either innocent mistake / malicious troll, but not legitimate WL


He updated Berk to Waitlisted at the same time so I think innocent mistake.


Or was that just a cleverly-designed ploy to make you think it was an innocent mistake?


THE PLOT THICKENS

User avatar
Quest4Knowledge
Posts: 293
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:36 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Quest4Knowledge » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:01 pm

rseaney wrote:
politics89 wrote:
barrelofmonkeys wrote:
rseaney wrote:are we thinking this WL is legit then?


standing by either innocent mistake / malicious troll, but not legitimate WL


He updated Berk to Waitlisted at the same time so I think innocent mistake.


agreed


+1

It's funny how someone may have just nonchalantly made a mistake and as a result produced so much anxiety. :P

politics89
Posts: 377
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:50 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby politics89 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:02 pm

They can't make us go two whole weeks without JS2s, right?

Right??

sd26
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:27 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby sd26 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:10 pm

politics89 wrote:They can't make us go two whole weeks without JS2s, right?

Right??


I really hope not, this is killing me

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:10 pm

politics89 wrote:They can't make us go two whole weeks without JS2s, right?

Right??


Told you guys February would be slow.

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:11 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
politics89 wrote:They can't make us go two whole weeks without JS2s, right?

Right??


Told you guys February would be slow.


: )

User avatar
bbkk
Posts: 728
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:28 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby bbkk » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:12 pm

selden wrote:
barrelofmonkeys wrote:
politics89 wrote:
He updated Berk to Waitlisted at the same time so I think innocent mistake.


Or was that just a cleverly-designed ploy to make you think it was an innocent mistake?


THE PLOT THICKENS


lol'ed :lol:

Quest4Knowledge wrote:It's funny how someone may have just nonchalantly made a mistake and as a result produced so much anxiety. :P


It's TLS!

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:13 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:
politics89 wrote:They can't make us go two whole weeks without JS2s, right?

Right??


Told you guys February would be slow.


: )


The good thing is there is only one more week in February to get through.

politics89
Posts: 377
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:50 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby politics89 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:14 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
politics89 wrote:They can't make us go two whole weeks without JS2s, right?

Right??


Told you guys February would be slow.


I wouldn't even consider this slow, I would say it is stopped. I don't know which is worse.

sd26
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:27 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby sd26 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:15 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
barrelofmonkeys wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:
politics89 wrote:They can't make us go two whole weeks without JS2s, right?

Right??


Told you guys February would be slow.


: )


The good thing is there is only one more week in February to get through.


Think they may give out any JS2's? Just not a big wave?

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:16 pm

sd26 wrote:
Think they may give out any JS2's? Just not a big wave?


Maybe a few here and there, but no massive waves in my opinion, and it'll be to people with high numbers (probably above/above people). I think the above/below people will have to wait until March.

User avatar
selden
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:27 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby selden » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:12 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
sd26 wrote:
Think they may give out any JS2's? Just not a big wave?


Maybe a few here and there, but no massive waves in my opinion, and it'll be to people with high numbers (probably above/above people). I think the above/below people will have to wait until March.



Agreed. Probably Jan completes above both medians

User avatar
bbkk
Posts: 728
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:28 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby bbkk » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:45 pm

selden wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:
sd26 wrote:
Think they may give out any JS2's? Just not a big wave?


Maybe a few here and there, but no massive waves in my opinion, and it'll be to people with high numbers (probably above/above people). I think the above/below people will have to wait until March.



Agreed. Probably Jan completes above both medians


Or Jan JS1s?

User avatar
selden
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:27 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby selden » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:46 pm

bbkk wrote:
selden wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:
sd26 wrote:
Think they may give out any JS2's? Just not a big wave?


Maybe a few here and there, but no massive waves in my opinion, and it'll be to people with high numbers (probably above/above people). I think the above/below people will have to wait until March.



Agreed. Probably Jan completes above both medians


Or Jan JS1s?


Fingers crossed for that!

arapha89
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:40 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby arapha89 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:50 pm

JS2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG. Went complete end of December, Jan 31 JS1.

:) :) :) :)

Good luck to everyone !!

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby drawstring » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:52 pm

Congrats! When did you get the call?

User avatar
nabadgelyo
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:58 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby nabadgelyo » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:56 pm

I also just got a JS2! January interview. I WILL put my stats in the thread. Shaking right now

User avatar
nabadgelyo
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:58 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby nabadgelyo » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:56 pm

.
Last edited by nabadgelyo on Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
bbkk
Posts: 728
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:28 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby bbkk » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:57 pm

nabadgelyo wrote:I also just got a JS2! January interview. I WILL put my stats in the thread. Shaking right now
arapha89 wrote:JS2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG. Went complete end of December, Jan 31 JS1.

:) :) :) :)

Good luck to everyone !!


CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!! Just as I predicted. Jan JS1s! :wink:

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:58 pm

lol
so much for that, ls22




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”