Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Where are you in the Harvard application process?

I'm applying next year, just reading this thread to prepare
38
12%
Applying this year, I got an extension on my application
1
0%
I applied and haven't gotten a JS1 yet
64
20%
I applied and got a JS1, but haven't had it yet.
7
2%
I had my JS1 but I'm waiting for a magical phone call
43
13%
Already had my JS2, just here to help
62
19%
Waitlisted
61
19%
Dinged D:
49
15%
 
Total votes: 325

Theopliske8711
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:21 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Theopliske8711 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:22 am

Hopin for that JS1 this week.

User avatar
Ren
Posts: 83
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:42 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Ren » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:25 am

Does anyone have any idea what percentage of the offers have been handed out already? Like at this point, what are the chances realistically for those of us in JS1.5 purgatory? I want to get excited about my other offers, but I can't do so, as long as I am holding out hope for HYS to call.

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:27 am

Ren wrote:Does anyone have any idea what percentage of the offers have been handed out already? Like at this point, what are the chances realistically for those of us in JS1.5 purgatory? I want to get excited about my other offers, but I can't do so, as long as I am holding out hope for HYS to call.


I'm not sure on this, but I think consensus is around 50%.

User avatar
Ren
Posts: 83
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:42 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Ren » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:29 am

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
Ren wrote:Does anyone have any idea what percentage of the offers have been handed out already? Like at this point, what are the chances realistically for those of us in JS1.5 purgatory? I want to get excited about my other offers, but I can't do so, as long as I am holding out hope for HYS to call.


I'm not sure on this, but I think consensus is around 50%.


OH okay all hope is not lost then. In my paranoid little world, my application was battling to the death for the last few precious seats at HLS.

User avatar
Arrow4Christ
Posts: 418
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:07 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Arrow4Christ » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:30 am

Theopliske8711 wrote:Hopin for that JS1 this week.


With ya again, bro 8)

gta
Posts: 254
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:51 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby gta » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:38 am

Arrow4Christ wrote:
Theopliske8711 wrote:Hopin for that JS1 this week.


With ya again, bro 8)


Me three.

User avatar
esrom55
Posts: 254
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:43 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby esrom55 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:45 am

gta wrote:
Arrow4Christ wrote:
Theopliske8711 wrote:Hopin for that JS1 this week.


With ya again, bro 8)


Me three.


Move over guys...make room for me too.

NoDayButToday
Posts: 1031
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:34 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby NoDayButToday » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:21 am

.
Last edited by NoDayButToday on Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Quest4Knowledge
Posts: 293
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:36 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Quest4Knowledge » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:22 am

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
nothingtosee wrote:Two JS2 days have come and gone since my JS1. Is it fair to say the ship has sailed?


Disclaimer: I may just be saying this because at least two JS2 days have come and gone since my JS1.

A) Plenty of people have received JS2s not on the first JS2-date following their JS1.

B) While many "lock" type candidates have been accepted, not that many "borderline" candidates have been accepted, and we know they need to accept people below medians.

C) It's only February 10, so even if they've been sitting on your application a while, it doesn't mean there isn't time for them to accept you as they see how the rest of the class shapes up (remember, they are accepting February LSATs.)

D) If you haven't been rejected yet, you are still in the game (though, for the purposes of your own sanity, it might be worthwhile to start lowering expectations a bit.)


This. After seeing the numbers of some of the people who were rejected last week, I definitely need to do this.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:24 am

I just keep trying to put my mind back in the state it was pre-JS1. Back when I though HLS was a giant hail mary application, and my chances of getting in were <10%. In those blissful early days, even the thought of a JS1 was beyond my imagination.

User avatar
Arrow4Christ
Posts: 418
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:07 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Arrow4Christ » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:26 am

esrom55 wrote:
gta wrote:
Arrow4Christ wrote:
Theopliske8711 wrote:Hopin for that JS1 this week.


With ya again, bro 8)


Me three.


Move over guys...make room for me too.


The more the merrier :mrgreen:

User avatar
redsox
Posts: 612
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:40 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby redsox » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:39 am

lawschool22 wrote:I just keep trying to put my mind back in the state it was pre-JS1. Back when I though HLS was a giant hail mary application, and my chances of getting in were <10%. In those blissful early days, even the thought of a JS1 was beyond my imagination.

User avatar
selden
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:27 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby selden » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:47 am

lawschool22 wrote:I just keep trying to put my mind back in the state it was pre-JS1. Back when I though HLS was a giant hail mary application, and my chances of getting in were <10%. In those blissful early days, even the thought of a JS1 was beyond my imagination.


I was thinking exactly this last night (while not sleeping and thinking about Harvard.) Having a JS1 completely changed my expectations, and that made this process way more stressful.

Tela1283
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:44 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Tela1283 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:08 pm

selden wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:I just keep trying to put my mind back in the state it was pre-JS1. Back when I though HLS was a giant hail mary application, and my chances of getting in were <10%. In those blissful early days, even the thought of a JS1 was beyond my imagination.


I was thinking exactly this last night (while not sleeping and thinking about Harvard.) Having a JS1 completely changed my expectations, and that made this process way more stressful.



I'm pretty sure I completely messed up my interview. So my expectations are back to being low haha

User avatar
Typhoon24
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:09 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Typhoon24 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:40 pm

Tela1283 wrote:
selden wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:I just keep trying to put my mind back in the state it was pre-JS1. Back when I though HLS was a giant hail mary application, and my chances of getting in were <10%. In those blissful early days, even the thought of a JS1 was beyond my imagination.


I was thinking exactly this last night (while not sleeping and thinking about Harvard.) Having a JS1 completely changed my expectations, and that made this process way more stressful.



I'm pretty sure I completely messed up my interview. So my expectations are back to being low haha


+1, +1, and +1.

User avatar
nabadgelyo
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:58 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby nabadgelyo » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:43 pm

Typhoon24 wrote:
Tela1283 wrote:
selden wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:I just keep trying to put my mind back in the state it was pre-JS1. Back when I though HLS was a giant hail mary application, and my chances of getting in were <10%. In those blissful early days, even the thought of a JS1 was beyond my imagination.


I was thinking exactly this last night (while not sleeping and thinking about Harvard.) Having a JS1 completely changed my expectations, and that made this process way more stressful.



I'm pretty sure I completely messed up my interview. So my expectations are back to being low haha


+1, +1, and +1.

.
Last edited by nabadgelyo on Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
pseu
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:40 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby pseu » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:48 pm

more JS2s today please

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:50 pm

nabadgelyo wrote:Sames to all. I really hope the interviewer doesn't matter, since I did not have JS and might have been a little too informal. I guess we'll see!


There is no way that who you interviewed with matters on any sort of systematic basis.

User avatar
Quest4Knowledge
Posts: 293
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:36 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Quest4Knowledge » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:57 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
nabadgelyo wrote:Sames to all. I really hope the interviewer doesn't matter, since I did not have JS and might have been a little too informal. I guess we'll see!


There is no way that who you interviewed with matters on any sort of systematic basis.


Agree 100%.

For all we know, Danielle may be the only interviewer who has completed whatever due diligence is needed post-interview to pass it back along to the admissions team, which is why it seems to be those JS1s have been rejected but others haven't. There are so many possible reasons to explain these 'trends', but there is no ways who interviews you has a systemic effect on your chances. Maybe on a personal basis (ie. shared interests with interviewer, compatible personalities, etc.), but that's it.

User avatar
nabadgelyo
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:58 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby nabadgelyo » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:03 pm

Quest4Knowledge wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:
nabadgelyo wrote:Sames to all. I really hope the interviewer doesn't matter, since I did not have JS and might have been a little too informal. I guess we'll see!


There is no way that who you interviewed with matters on any sort of systematic basis.


Agree 100%.

For all we know, Danielle may be the only interviewer who has completed whatever due diligence is needed post-interview to pass it back along to the admissions team, which is why it seems to be those JS1s have been rejected but others haven't. There are so many possible reasons to explain these 'trends', but there is no ways who interviews you has a systemic effect on your chances. Maybe on a personal basis (ie. shared interests with interviewer, compatible personalities, etc.), but that's it.


Word. I take it back :)

LawSchoolOrNah
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:33 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby LawSchoolOrNah » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:14 pm

Just checking in guys. Long time lurker. Just wanted to say I absolutely love your guys' enthusiasm and I'm wishing everyone the best this cycle.

I got the e-mail for my JS1 last week Friday. Just wanted to know if anyone knew the rate of acceptance for those who receive an interview?

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:15 pm

LawSchoolOrNah wrote:Just checking in guys. Long time lurker. Just wanted to say I absolutely love your guys' enthusiasm and I'm wishing everyone the best this cycle.

I got the e-mail for my JS1 last week Friday. Just wanted to know if anyone knew the rate of acceptance for those who receive an interview?


There's no one rate of acceptance, because it still depends on your own personal application quality. But overall it's about 850/1200 who get accepted.

LawSchoolOrNah
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:33 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby LawSchoolOrNah » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:20 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
LawSchoolOrNah wrote:Just checking in guys. Long time lurker. Just wanted to say I absolutely love your guys' enthusiasm and I'm wishing everyone the best this cycle.

I got the e-mail for my JS1 last week Friday. Just wanted to know if anyone knew the rate of acceptance for those who receive an interview?


There's no one rate of acceptance, because it still depends on your own personal application quality. But overall it's about 850/1200 who get accepted.


Ah, understood. Appreciate it!

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2739
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby TripTrip » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:21 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
LawSchoolOrNah wrote:Just checking in guys. Long time lurker. Just wanted to say I absolutely love your guys' enthusiasm and I'm wishing everyone the best this cycle.

I got the e-mail for my JS1 last week Friday. Just wanted to know if anyone knew the rate of acceptance for those who receive an interview?


There's no one rate of acceptance, because it still depends on your own personal application quality. But overall it's about 850/1200 who get accepted.

ls22 you're losing it. "Rate of acceptance" and "overall rate of acceptance" are the same thing. :lol:

User avatar
Slytherpuff
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:50 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Slytherpuff » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:27 pm

Theopliske8711 wrote:Hopin for that JS1 this week.

I'll be happy if I finally go complete this week. Baby steps. Hoping you and Arrow get your JS1s though!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AZnative, brinicolec, carlos_danger, Google [Bot] and 21 guests