Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Where are you in the Harvard application process?

I'm applying next year, just reading this thread to prepare
38
12%
Applying this year, I got an extension on my application
1
0%
I applied and haven't gotten a JS1 yet
64
20%
I applied and got a JS1, but haven't had it yet.
7
2%
I had my JS1 but I'm waiting for a magical phone call
43
13%
Already had my JS2, just here to help
62
19%
Waitlisted
61
19%
Dinged D:
49
15%
 
Total votes: 325

User avatar
Cocoblues
Posts: 321
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:18 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Cocoblues » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:23 pm

SplitMyPants wrote:
rseaney wrote:i've got a feeling this latest outreach from an interested law school might have been a mass email...

"Dear %%First Name%

We hear that you are thinking about law school! While you are researching your options, I hope you will consider Ave Maria School of Law, located in sunny Naples, on Florida's Paradise Coast. Today's high temperature is 82 degrees! "




just maybe..
i thought my spam was special


Damn! :lol: Didn't even notice this! There are so many of these coming through LSAC my immediate response is: scroll to bottom, unsubscribe, send to trash.


Unsubscribe does not seem to work with Liberty university. :x

Theopliske8711
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:21 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Theopliske8711 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:26 pm

I'm convinced that shitlaw schools could put their talents to good use by selling their emailing services to companies, instead of trying to rob people of their future.

User avatar
Jessasaurus
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:02 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Jessasaurus » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:49 pm

Theopliske8711 wrote:I'm convinced that shitlaw schools could put their talents to good use by selling their emailing services to companies, instead of trying to rob people of their future.


+1
I got an email the other day from St. Thomas law inviting me to their "snapshit" day. I loled.

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby drawstring » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:50 pm

I wonder how many TTT emails I'm up to now. I'd count but that would probably take hours :lol:

User avatar
malleus discentium
Posts: 878
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 2:30 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby malleus discentium » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:57 pm

So it looks like a big negative for today then :(

User avatar
Quest4Knowledge
Posts: 293
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:36 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Quest4Knowledge » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:01 pm

rseaney wrote:
Quest4Knowledge wrote:This isn't a pretty graph but it's related:
HLS Accepted Students with 0 Years WE:
Avg. LSAT: 174.8
Avg. GPA: 3.93

HLS Accepted Students with >0 Years WE:
Avg. LSAT: 173.7
Avg. GPA: 3.85



thats just those accepted this year's cycle, correct?


Yup, just this year's cycle.

User avatar
waferthinmint
Posts: 337
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:57 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby waferthinmint » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:03 pm

SplitMyPants wrote:
waferthinmint wrote:
neprep wrote:
I mainly used to tweet updates about my independent study on Victorian sewage systems (srs), so I can see why people weren't too inclined to follow me.


Are you speaking as Sherlock, or you; or are you one and the same?!


Your tar makes this follow-up question even more perfect.


:lol: The face of Rashida Jones is for every occasion.

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:06 pm

Don't know if any of you are Beckett/Godot fans, but if you are, you might appreciate this gem from my friend.

TLS lurker-friend wrote:VLADIMIR:
What are you waiting for?
ESTRAGON:
I'm waiting for JS.
Silence.
VLADIMIR:
What exactly should she do?

User avatar
rseaney
Posts: 393
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:53 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby rseaney » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:09 pm

Quest4Knowledge wrote:
rseaney wrote:
Quest4Knowledge wrote:This isn't a pretty graph but it's related:
HLS Accepted Students with 0 Years WE:
Avg. LSAT: 174.8
Avg. GPA: 3.93

HLS Accepted Students with >0 Years WE:
Avg. LSAT: 173.7
Avg. GPA: 3.85



thats just those accepted this year's cycle, correct?


Yup, just this year's cycle.



good cuz i just so much do not have that GPA haha
makes sense that they'd accept a large chunk of those people above both medians before drawing from those below in any significant quantity
#idtakeamayacceptance

User avatar
yossarian
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby yossarian » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:15 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:Don't know if any of you are Beckett/Godot fans, but if you are, you might appreciate this gem from my friend.

TLS lurker-friend wrote:VLADIMIR:
What are you waiting for?
ESTRAGON:
I'm waiting for JS.
Silence.
VLADIMIR:
What exactly should she do?


:D

IrishJew
Posts: 331
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:39 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby IrishJew » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:24 pm

Damnit, THEBUTLER, you can't just update a Harvard rejection on LSN without posting any kind of dates, but since you uploaded three schools at once I'm gonna assume you didn't get it today.

User avatar
Quest4Knowledge
Posts: 293
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:36 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Quest4Knowledge » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:26 pm

rseaney wrote:
Quest4Knowledge wrote:
rseaney wrote:
Quest4Knowledge wrote:This isn't a pretty graph but it's related:
HLS Accepted Students with 0 Years WE:
Avg. LSAT: 174.8
Avg. GPA: 3.93

HLS Accepted Students with >0 Years WE:
Avg. LSAT: 173.7
Avg. GPA: 3.85



thats just those accepted this year's cycle, correct?


Yup, just this year's cycle.



good cuz i just so much do not have that GPA haha
makes sense that they'd accept a large chunk of those people above both medians before drawing from those below in any significant quantity
#idtakeamayacceptance


Haha yeah, I'm in the same boat :P

I'm sure those numbers will drop, and once we have a full year of data at the end of the cycle (hopefully with all of our numbers included in the accepted pile) it will be more useful for the future.

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Kimikho » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:30 pm

IrishJew wrote:Damnit, THEBUTLER, you can't just update a Harvard rejection on LSN without posting any kind of dates, but since you uploaded three schools at once I'm gonna assume you didn't get it today.


:lol:

Thought exactly the same thing.

User avatar
Plainsman11011
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:36 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Plainsman11011 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:55 pm

Congrats to all the JS2s. At what point does a JS1 become unlikely? Complete for close to a month now...

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby drawstring » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:56 pm

I believe multiple people in this thread got their JS1 invites 4 or 5 weeks after going complete. Recently there was a September applicant who got a JS1 invite, but they are a URM and I'm not sure if that makes their case different.
Last edited by drawstring on Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kenwash
Posts: 288
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:57 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby kenwash » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:57 pm

Plainsman11011 wrote:Congrats to all the JS2s. At what point does a JS1 become unlikely? Complete for close to a month now...

Someone who went complete October I believe received a JS1 in January.

mac2013
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:59 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby mac2013 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:13 pm

kenwash wrote:
Plainsman11011 wrote:Congrats to all the JS2s. At what point does a JS1 become unlikely? Complete for close to a month now...

Someone who went complete October I believe received a JS1 in January.



I went complete in November and got my JS1 in January.

NoDayButToday
Posts: 1031
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:34 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby NoDayButToday » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:22 pm

.
Last edited by NoDayButToday on Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby drawstring » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:24 pm


NoDayButToday
Posts: 1031
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:34 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby NoDayButToday » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:33 pm

.
Last edited by NoDayButToday on Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anubis1911
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat May 04, 2013 12:41 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby anubis1911 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:41 pm

Plainsman11011 wrote:Congrats to all the JS2s. At what point does a JS1 become unlikely? Complete for close to a month now...


I went complete on 12/7 and didn't get an interview until 1/28

hwannabe1234
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:11 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby hwannabe1234 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:47 pm

When do you guys expect the next wave of js2 would be?

I expect it to happen next thursday or friday (feb 13/14 )

any idea??

User avatar
SplitMyPants
Posts: 1395
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby SplitMyPants » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:59 pm

hwannabe1234 wrote:When do you guys expect the next wave of js2 would be?

I expect it to happen next thursday or friday (feb 13/14 )

any idea??


I don't know if I could handle a JS2 wave and Season 2 of House of Cards happening all in the same day. :shock:

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2246
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Nonconsecutive » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:02 pm

drawstring wrote:I wonder how many TTT emails I'm up to now. I'd count but that would probably take hours :lol:


I was getting so many that I actually made a special folder for them, a few of them are going in my personal TTT hall of fame.

being completely serious, as sad as that is

User avatar
malleus discentium
Posts: 878
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 2:30 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby malleus discentium » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:34 pm

Now that I am one of the waiters I appreciate and miss Mort's daily optimism :(




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: acz26, christinaxcarrie, elcamino4, genjustice, Guyver, JaxBeachLaw, Keilz, Leliana, lvlaw3, mccracal, patrickkpaul, ray.bee, sonyco, stewhan, thg1870 and 45 guests