Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Where are you in the Harvard application process?

I'm applying next year, just reading this thread to prepare
38
12%
Applying this year, I got an extension on my application
1
0%
I applied and haven't gotten a JS1 yet
64
20%
I applied and got a JS1, but haven't had it yet.
7
2%
I had my JS1 but I'm waiting for a magical phone call
43
13%
Already had my JS2, just here to help
62
19%
Waitlisted
61
19%
Dinged D:
49
15%
 
Total votes: 325

blackbirdfly
Posts: 313
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:04 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby blackbirdfly » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:36 pm

esrom55 wrote:
bbkk wrote:JS1. Complete 1/29. :D


blackbirdfly wrote:JS1! (complete last week!)


Did you just get the emails? Or were they sent earlier today and you just now opened/posted?


Early this morning.

lawapp2014
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:46 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawapp2014 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:39 pm

Do you recommend thank you emails after interviews?

User avatar
rseaney
Posts: 393
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:53 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby rseaney » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:41 pm

selden wrote:
Asweat424 wrote:Very new to top law schools and this thread but here goes - Sooooo this is probably the absolute dumbest question in the world but I'm absolutely terrified that I misheard my JS2 and in my euphoria blackout mistook the word "wait list" for the word "acceptance".... Do they only call definite admits or do they call wait lists as well?? I know this is the most absurd question in the world but I literally can't even wrap my head around this right now and feel like I definitely misheard her....


Lol can you imagine if they did that? That would be worse than Penn's "we'd like to offer you a spot...on our WAITLIST!" email. Pure cruelty.

Just picture the scenario. Phone call from the Cambridge area code. See it, minor freak out. Compose self and answer.
"Hi, it's Jessica Soban from Harvard calling you. Is this Selden?" OMG OMG play it cool buddy
"Oh hi, yeah this is Jessica. I mean Selden. Not Jessica. You're Jessica. Haha you know that though" You idiot what have you done
"Well, Selden, I'd like to congratulate you. I'm calling today to offer..." Brief pause, faint, come to
"...a spot on our waitlist." JUST BECAUSE I DIDN'T KNOW MY NAME?!?



+1

Theopliske8711
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:21 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Theopliske8711 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:45 pm

blackbirdfly wrote:
esrom55 wrote:
bbkk wrote:JS1. Complete 1/29. :D


blackbirdfly wrote:JS1! (complete last week!)


Did you just get the emails? Or were they sent earlier today and you just now opened/posted?


Early this morning.


Well, I'm sort of panicking now.

User avatar
angels2fly
Posts: 428
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:15 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby angels2fly » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:46 pm

Theopliske8711 wrote:
Well, I'm sort of panicking now.

kartelite
Posts: 288
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:44 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby kartelite » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:09 pm

How long does it take for the application to go under review? I submitted mine 3 weeks ago and it still says Application Received.

erm15
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:54 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby erm15 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:14 pm

erm15 wrote:So are we predicting more JS2s today?

User avatar
nothingtosee
Posts: 865
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 12:08 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby nothingtosee » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:19 pm

erm15 wrote:
erm15 wrote:So are we predicting more JS2s today?


It has literally not even been an hour since you posted the original.

User avatar
MnM22
Posts: 259
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:09 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby MnM22 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:28 pm

nothingtosee wrote:
erm15 wrote:
erm15 wrote:So are we predicting more JS2s today?


It has literally not even been an hour since you posted the original.


Lol

User avatar
China Spy
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:10 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby China Spy » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:30 pm

I didn't get a JS1 =(

But I did just go complete yesterday.

erm15
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:54 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby erm15 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:40 pm

nothingtosee wrote:
erm15 wrote:
erm15 wrote:So are we predicting more JS2s today?


It has literally not even been an hour since you posted the original.


Because my original post was at the bottom of a page and another post followed shortly, thus potentially preventing non-perusers of this thread from noticing my post, I thought it would behoove me to post my question again.

Of course, if you aren't interested in my post, which occupies very little space in comparison with the overall size of this thread, you are perfectly free to ignore it. Or, you can attempt to make me look like an idiot with a sarcastic response.

:lol:

sup_stan
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:08 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby sup_stan » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:47 pm

I seem to recall that ever since December there has not been a two-day JS2 wave. Seems like the way it is going to go forward is to trickle some JS2 down to highly qualified candidates on a random day of every week. Wave is no longer. JS please prove me wrong!

User avatar
Arrow4Christ
Posts: 418
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:07 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Arrow4Christ » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:48 pm

Theopliske8711 wrote:
blackbirdfly wrote:
esrom55 wrote:
bbkk wrote:JS1. Complete 1/29. :D


blackbirdfly wrote:JS1! (complete last week!)


Did you just get the emails? Or were they sent earlier today and you just now opened/posted?


Early this morning.


Well, I'm sort of panicking now.


+1 :shock:

User avatar
rseaney
Posts: 393
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:53 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby rseaney » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:52 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:FWIW:

Last year there were a bunch of acceptances on 2/4 and 2/5 (Monday and Tuesday). :shock:

Then there were a bunch of rejections on 2/7 (Thursday).

User avatar
andapieceoftoast
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:18 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby andapieceoftoast » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:59 pm

rseaney wrote:
barrelofmonkeys wrote:FWIW:

Last year there were a bunch of acceptances on 2/4 and 2/5 (Monday and Tuesday). :shock:

Then there were a bunch of rejections on 2/7 (Thursday).


EEK!
I'm actually kind of excited about this. If I don't make it through the bloodbath, then it wasn't meant to be. If I do make it through the bloodbath, then I can be happy about dodging a bullet at least. Hearing something is better than hearing nothing!

(Note: I survived Red Wedding Part 1 for Penn --- got slaughtered [EDITED FOR AN AWFUL SPOILER SO SORRY] in part 2 ------ so take this optimism FWIW)
Last edited by andapieceoftoast on Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:01 pm

andapieceoftoast wrote:
rseaney wrote:
barrelofmonkeys wrote:FWIW:

Last year there were a bunch of acceptances on 2/4 and 2/5 (Monday and Tuesday). :shock:

Then there were a bunch of rejections on 2/7 (Thursday).


EEK!
I'm actually kind of excited about this. If I don't make it through the bloodbath, then it wasn't meant to be. If I do make it through the bloodbath, then I can be happy about dodging a bullet at least. Hearing something is better than hearing nothing!

(Note: I survived Red Wedding Part 1 for Penn --- Spoiler ------ so take this optimism FWIW)


Ahhhhh you gotta preface that with SPOILER ALERT! Damn, that's twice now that a major death in these damn books was spoiled for me lol.
Last edited by lawschool22 on Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
andapieceoftoast
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:18 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby andapieceoftoast » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:01 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
andapieceoftoast wrote:
rseaney wrote:
barrelofmonkeys wrote:FWIW:

Last year there were a bunch of acceptances on 2/4 and 2/5 (Monday and Tuesday). :shock:

Then there were a bunch of rejections on 2/7 (Thursday).


EEK!
I'm actually kind of excited about this. If I don't make it through the bloodbath, then it wasn't meant to be. If I do make it through the bloodbath, then I can be happy about dodging a bullet at least. Hearing something is better than hearing nothing!

(Note: I survived Red Wedding Part 1 for Penn --- got slaughtered [DANG IT I FORGOT THIS ONE -- SPOILER] in part 2 ------ so take this optimism FWIW)


Ahhhhh you gotta preface that with SPOILER ALERT! Damn, that's twice now that a major death in these damn books was spoiled for me lol.


OMG I AM SOOOOOOO SORRY LS22222222

NOW GO READ THE BOOKS!! (bc they're amazing!)
Last edited by andapieceoftoast on Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:03 pm

andapieceoftoast wrote:
OMG I AM SOOOOOOO SORRY LS22222222


It's okay. As they say: it's the journey not the destination.

:D

User avatar
Howl
Posts: 293
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:11 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Howl » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:04 pm

In all fairness, that part was out like 8 months ago...spoiling during the day/week/month/3 months of the episode is pretty bad, but I think by month 6 all is fair :lol:

muzzy
Posts: 488
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:01 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby muzzy » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:09 pm

.
Last edited by muzzy on Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:17 pm

Howl wrote:In all fairness, that part was out like 8 months ago...spoiling during the day/week/month/3 months of the episode is pretty bad, but I think by month 6 all is fair :lol:


Well (1) I read the books and they take for freaking ever, and (2) I definitely expect spoilers in threads, blog posts, etc. that are remotely related to Game of Thrones, and I agree it should totally be on the person trying to avoid spoilers to steer clear of them, but I wasn't expecting to read one in a Harvard waiters' thread lol

Don't worry though, I'm not devastated or anything. :D

User avatar
Fianna13
Posts: 297
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:05 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Fianna13 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:20 pm

No JS1 yet.. D: Went complete on the 30th though

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:21 pm

muzzy wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:Ahhhhh you gotta preface that with SPOILER ALERT! Damn, that's twice now that a major death in these damn books was spoiled for me lol.


Also, relevant: http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2011/08/spoilers-dont-spoil-anything/


Come on, LSAT logic time. Just because a majority of people enjoy knowing the spoilers, doesn't mean I am one of those people lol :D :lol:

muzzy
Posts: 488
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:01 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby muzzy » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:34 pm

.
Last edited by muzzy on Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

webbdp3
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby webbdp3 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:49 pm

With Theosplike on this, bkkk and blackbird have me sweating.

complete 1/29, no JS1 :(




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”