Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Where are you in the Harvard application process?

I'm applying next year, just reading this thread to prepare
38
12%
Applying this year, I got an extension on my application
1
0%
I applied and haven't gotten a JS1 yet
64
20%
I applied and got a JS1, but haven't had it yet.
7
2%
I had my JS1 but I'm waiting for a magical phone call
43
13%
Already had my JS2, just here to help
62
19%
Waitlisted
61
19%
Dinged D:
49
15%
 
Total votes: 325

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:16 am

koalacity wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:
koalacity wrote:
Colorado10 wrote:If everyone at Harvard is as needy and hungry for attention as Mort, then damn, it would be quite a place to be for 3 years.

wat
GTFO this thread.


Tell us how you really feel, koala :D :lol:

A wild troll appears!
Koala uses GTFO attack.
It's super effective!
Enemy troll has fainted!


So THAT's how you get rid of them. Glad we found their weakness. :)

User avatar
koalacity
Posts: 1162
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:56 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby koalacity » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:25 am

lawschool22 wrote:
koalacity wrote:
koalacity wrote:
Colorado10 wrote:If everyone at Harvard is as needy and hungry for attention as Mort, then damn, it would be quite a place to be for 3 years.

wat
GTFO this thread.

A wild troll appears!
Koala uses GTFO attack.
It's super effective!
Enemy troll has fainted!


So THAT's how you get rid of them. Glad we found their weakness. :)

I...played Pokemon frequently as a child.

Also, Colorado10, you may have deleted your post, but I've got my eye on you. Your random bashing of a lovely and humble poster is not appreciated.
Last edited by koalacity on Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
phillywc
Posts: 3043
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:17 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby phillywc » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:32 am

scoobers wrote:
I do not recommend a Dell XPS 12 tablet thingy this thing is weird.

I don't recommend Dell in general but the windows tablets are awesome.

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Kimikho » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:01 am

phillywc wrote:
scoobers wrote:
I do not recommend a Dell XPS 12 tablet thingy this thing is weird.

I don't recommend Dell in general but the windows tablets are awesome.


phillywc: revealing he stalks posters' past posts since 2013.

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:06 am

scoobers wrote:
phillywc wrote:
scoobers wrote:
I do not recommend a Dell XPS 12 tablet thingy this thing is weird.

I don't recommend Dell in general but the windows tablets are awesome.


phillywc: revealing he stalks posters' past posts since 2013.


just yours

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:25 am

koalacity wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:
koalacity wrote:
Colorado10 wrote:If everyone at Harvard is as needy and hungry for attention as Mort, then damn, it would be quite a place to be for 3 years.

wat
GTFO this thread.


Tell us how you really feel, koala :D :lol:

A wild troll appears!
Koala uses GTFO attack.
It's super effective!
Enemy troll has fainted!


:lol:

User avatar
FuriousDuck
Posts: 507
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:33 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby FuriousDuck » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:32 am

...
Last edited by FuriousDuck on Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby drawstring » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:36 am

how could anyone hate on Mort? :?

User avatar
phillywc
Posts: 3043
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:17 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby phillywc » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:23 am

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
scoobers wrote:
phillywc wrote:
scoobers wrote:
I do not recommend a Dell XPS 12 tablet thingy this thing is weird.

I don't recommend Dell in general but the windows tablets are awesome.


phillywc: revealing he stalks posters' past posts since 2013.


just yours

:|

User avatar
Optimist Prime
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:28 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Optimist Prime » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:56 pm

Other than writing great TLS posts what did Mort do to get in with those numbers as a non-urm? Curious if his super-softs are public knowledge or are they too personally identifying?

User avatar
selden
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:27 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby selden » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:57 pm

drawstring wrote:how could anyone hate on Mort? :?


Because they're jealous of how loved he is.

User avatar
selden
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:27 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby selden » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:58 pm

Optimist Prime wrote:Other than writing great TLS posts what did Mort do to get in with those numbers as a non-urm? Curious if his super-softs are public knowledge or are they too personally identifying?

.
Last edited by selden on Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Balthy
Posts: 668
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Balthy » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:01 pm

potatoes and cheese
Last edited by Balthy on Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Optimist Prime
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:28 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Optimist Prime » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:07 pm

Removed at quotee's request
Last edited by Optimist Prime on Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
selden
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:27 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby selden » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:14 pm

Balthy wrote:
selden wrote:
Optimist Prime wrote:Other than writing great TLS posts what did Mort do to get in with those numbers as a non-urm? Curious if his super-softs are public knowledge or are they too personally identifying?


.


You might be mistaking Optimist for Colorado. unless im missing something.


You're not - I was. My bad. Mind removing the quote?

User avatar
selden
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:27 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby selden » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:15 pm

Optimist Prime wrote:
selden wrote:
Optimist Prime wrote:Other than writing great TLS posts what did Mort do to get in with those numbers as a non-urm? Curious if his super-softs are public knowledge or are they too personally identifying?


.


Huh? Also, what's so bad about asking that? And finally, you are aware that this is the internet right...


My apologies - I thought you were someone else. Sorry about that. I should have read more carefully.

User avatar
Optimist Prime
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:28 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Optimist Prime » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:16 pm

Water under the bridge. Now lets all get into HLS.

User avatar
selden
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:27 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby selden » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:23 pm

Optimist Prime wrote:Water under the bridge. Now lets all get into HLS.


Sometimes I hope that once you get to law school everyone reveals their TLS usernames and people who were friends online actually get along well in real life

User avatar
yossarian
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby yossarian » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:27 pm

Had a dream I got this elaborate package from Harvard. Huge. Everyone happened to be there when I found it in the mail--friends, family, everyone. And everyone is cheering for this acceptance package. My mom is crying. Shit's intense. So, I opened it, and it's crimson folder after crimson booklet, after crimson leaflet. Finally, I get to one that contains a letter, and it says my application is being held.

User avatar
Trig
Posts: 219
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:36 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Trig » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:51 pm

Can we start to expect some acceptances every week now based on previous cycles? Also, even though the Thursday wave spanned 12-8 pm EST there were very few acceptances reported on LSN. Is it possible that this wave was relatively small and it just took so long to make all of the calls because the admissions office just made them at a leisurely pace (or whatever) throughout the day? Just grasping for straws here.

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby drawstring » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:55 pm

Southbridge wrote:Can we start to expect some acceptances every week now based on previous cycles?


I hope so.

Do you know if that's what happened in previous cycles, or are you asking if that was the case?

Workingtitle
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:05 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Workingtitle » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:16 pm

I apologize if this has already been covered somewhere, but is there any conventional wisdom on sending Harvard a LOCI or extra letter of recommendation or something? I had an interview about 2 months ago, and have not yet heard back.

I have 4 rec letters on file, 3 of which I sent to Harvard. I could always send in a LOCI couched in a request to send an extra rec letter or something.

Anyway, anyone know the conventional wisdom on this?

User avatar
midwest17
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:27 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby midwest17 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:19 pm

Workingtitle wrote:I apologize if this has already been covered somewhere, but is there any conventional wisdom on sending Harvard a LOCI or extra letter of recommendation or something? I had an interview about 2 months ago, and have not yet heard back.

I have 4 rec letters on file, 3 of which I sent to Harvard. I could always send in a LOCI couched in a request to send an extra rec letter or something.

Anyway, anyone know the conventional wisdom on this?


https://blogs.law.harvard.edu/admission ... dest-part/

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby drawstring » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:22 pm

damn......nothing new to send here

User avatar
selden
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:27 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby selden » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:13 pm

yossarian71 wrote:Had a dream I got this elaborate package from Harvard. Huge. Everyone happened to be there when I found it in the mail--friends, family, everyone. And everyone is cheering for this acceptance package. My mom is crying. Shit's intense. So, I opened it, and it's crimson folder after crimson booklet, after crimson leaflet. Finally, I get to one that contains a letter, and it says my application is being held.


Well thats just horrible.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”