Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Where are you in the Harvard application process?

I'm applying next year, just reading this thread to prepare
38
12%
Applying this year, I got an extension on my application
1
0%
I applied and haven't gotten a JS1 yet
64
20%
I applied and got a JS1, but haven't had it yet.
7
2%
I had my JS1 but I'm waiting for a magical phone call
43
13%
Already had my JS2, just here to help
62
19%
Waitlisted
61
19%
Dinged D:
49
15%
 
Total votes: 325

User avatar
midwest17
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:27 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby midwest17 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:03 pm

gold4canada wrote:Just received a JS1 request. Anyone care to share any interview tips (ie. format, questions, what to wear, what to have in the background, etc)?


Define "just"

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:04 pm

midwest17 wrote:
gold4canada wrote:Just received a JS1 request. Anyone care to share any interview tips (ie. format, questions, what to wear, what to have in the background, etc)?


Define "just"


Ugh god I've become so edgy that I've forgotten to be skeptical.

User avatar
midwest17
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:27 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby midwest17 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:06 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
midwest17 wrote:
gold4canada wrote:Just received a JS1 request. Anyone care to share any interview tips (ie. format, questions, what to wear, what to have in the background, etc)?


Define "just"


Ugh god I've become so edgy that I've forgotten to be skeptical.


Twist: "just" received JS1 invite a week ago, has a zen-like ability to refrain from checking email for long periods of time.

User avatar
neprep
Posts: 1066
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:16 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby neprep » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:07 pm

midwest17 wrote:
barrelofmonkeys wrote:
midwest17 wrote:
gold4canada wrote:Just received a JS1 request. Anyone care to share any interview tips (ie. format, questions, what to wear, what to have in the background, etc)?


Define "just"


Ugh god I've become so edgy that I've forgotten to be skeptical.


Twist: "just" received JS1 invite a week ago, has a zen-like ability to refrain from checking email for long periods of time.


I scheduled mine with the speed of summer lightening after getting the invite. Like actually within 2 minutes.

staples88
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:50 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby staples88 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:12 pm

...
Last edited by staples88 on Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
NYU_Ugrad_Paralegal
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:53 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby NYU_Ugrad_Paralegal » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:28 pm

This is the longest friday all year.

anonanonanon123
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:29 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby anonanonanon123 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:45 pm

NYU_Ugrad_Paralegal wrote:This is the longest friday all year.

blackbirdfly
Posts: 313
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:04 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby blackbirdfly » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:48 pm

.
Last edited by blackbirdfly on Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dominican_Lawyer
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:30 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Dominican_Lawyer » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:55 pm

So will I not be getting a js1 I went complete mid December?

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby drawstring » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:58 pm

Does anyone know if there were different rates of acceptance between KB1s and JS1s? I wonder if certain interviewers are more likely to get favorable impressions of candidates.

sup_stan
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:08 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby sup_stan » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:03 pm

Guess I should prepare myself for the long haul. Nothing seems forthcoming today.

Seeing Oct JS1 being admitted in this wave makes me feel a bit better about my odds at HLS though. Maybe they review all the outstanding JS1's before each wave regardless of when those JS1's are. I will be checking back to this thread next Friday.

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby drawstring » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:04 pm

sup_stan wrote:Guess I should prepare myself for the long haul. Nothing seems forthcoming today.

Seeing Oct JS1 being admitted in this wave makes me feel a bit better about my odds at HLS though. Maybe they review all the outstanding JS1's before each wave regardless of when those JS1's are. I will be checking back to this thread next Friday.


Oct JS1? Where?!?

politics89
Posts: 377
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:50 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby politics89 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:05 pm

drawstring wrote:Does anyone know if there were different rates of acceptance between KB1s and JS1s? I wonder if certain interviewers are more likely to get favorable impressions of candidates.


I think someone talked about this a few pages back and figured out it made no difference. But I could totally be making that up as all these threads are running together for me.

sup_stan
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:08 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby sup_stan » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:07 pm

binary_theatrics wrote:Sorry for the delayed post, but I got a JS2 last night as well!!! Got the call around 8pm EST... I nearly fell out of my chair when I saw I was getting a call from Cambridge. I've been waiting since October to finally hear back from one of my top choices, so ecstatic my first answer was from Harvard!

LSAT: 174
GPA: 4.0

Complete: 10/10
JS1: 10/31
JS2: 01/23



This, drawstring.

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby drawstring » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:07 pm

omg

I have like nearly identical numbers too and interviewed a bit later. Hope is back.

User avatar
kershka
Posts: 630
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby kershka » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:08 pm

drawstring wrote:omg

I have like nearly identical numbers too. Hope is back.

Good luck, drawstring! Pulling for you! :D

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby drawstring » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:09 pm

Thanks Kershka!

You're so nice!

User avatar
andapieceoftoast
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:18 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby andapieceoftoast » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:09 pm

sup_stan wrote:
binary_theatrics wrote:Sorry for the delayed post, but I got a JS2 last night as well!!! Got the call around 8pm EST... I nearly fell out of my chair when I saw I was getting a call from Cambridge. I've been waiting since October to finally hear back from one of my top choices, so ecstatic my first answer was from Harvard!

LSAT: 174
GPA: 4.0

Complete: 10/10
JS1: 10/31
JS2: 01/23



This, drawstring.


This would give me hope........except the GPA...........
I'm toast. (Yes, I am aware of the irony)

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby drawstring » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:11 pm

andapieceoftoast wrote:
sup_stan wrote:
binary_theatrics wrote:Sorry for the delayed post, but I got a JS2 last night as well!!! Got the call around 8pm EST... I nearly fell out of my chair when I saw I was getting a call from Cambridge. I've been waiting since October to finally hear back from one of my top choices, so ecstatic my first answer was from Harvard!

LSAT: 174
GPA: 4.0

Complete: 10/10
JS1: 10/31
JS2: 01/23



This, drawstring.


I'm toast.


:lol:

sup_stan
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:08 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby sup_stan » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:11 pm

drawstring wrote:omg

I have like nearly identical numbers too. Hope is back.


yep, like I said, seems like they don't wait till April to review all the outstanding JS1s. They seem to do it before each wave to gauge whether those JS1s that they are holding are diverse enough (i.e., whether they are too similar to most of the ppl already admitted) for the upcoming class. I don't think number is as important once you have a JS1.

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby drawstring » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:13 pm

Well I'm hoping that they're still concerned about medians!

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:15 pm

drawstring wrote:Well I'm hoping that they're still concerned about LSAT medians!


ftfy :)

User avatar
bbkk
Posts: 728
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:28 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby bbkk » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:15 pm

drawstring wrote:Does anyone know if there were different rates of acceptance between KB1s and JS1s? I wonder if certain interviewers are more likely to get favorable impressions of candidates.


:shock: I thought there is no more KB? Or now we are referring all non-JS interviewers as KB1?

User avatar
neprep
Posts: 1066
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:16 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby neprep » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:16 pm

bbkk wrote:
drawstring wrote:Does anyone know if there were different rates of acceptance between KB1s and JS1s? I wonder if certain interviewers are more likely to get favorable impressions of candidates.


:shock: I thought there is no more KB? Or now we are referring all non-JS interviewers as KB1?


Draw's referring to the previous cycle, I think.

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby drawstring » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:17 pm

neprep wrote:
bbkk wrote:
drawstring wrote:Does anyone know if there were different rates of acceptance between KB1s and JS1s? I wonder if certain interviewers are more likely to get favorable impressions of candidates.


:shock: I thought there is no more KB? Or now we are referring all non-JS interviewers as KB1?


Draw's referring to the previous cycle, I think.


yep nep




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Anon.y.mousse., cantyoloforever, christinaxcarrie, cyclawps, Google [Bot], kingwhereofis, Nickel94, pandaaa, potterotter, ramp_999, wajdicm and 39 guests