Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Where are you in the Harvard application process?

I'm applying next year, just reading this thread to prepare
38
12%
Applying this year, I got an extension on my application
1
0%
I applied and haven't gotten a JS1 yet
64
20%
I applied and got a JS1, but haven't had it yet.
7
2%
I had my JS1 but I'm waiting for a magical phone call
43
13%
Already had my JS2, just here to help
62
19%
Waitlisted
61
19%
Dinged D:
49
15%
 
Total votes: 325

User avatar
Jessasaurus
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:02 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Jessasaurus » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:24 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
I just keep wondering when they are going to start dipping down into us "marginal" candidates :D


This.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:26 pm

I'm surprised no one on LSN has reported an acceptance yet.

User avatar
paglababa
Posts: 888
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:34 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby paglababa » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:26 pm

Yea whats the deal. Did JS get tired after like 10 calls and call it a day?

User avatar
t-14orbust
Posts: 2065
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby t-14orbust » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:27 pm

Just got word back, my friend got his call at precisely 12:14PM EST

User avatar
neprep
Posts: 1066
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:16 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby neprep » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:28 pm

Idk…if I get a JS2 I'll probably post ITT, and then tell family and friends and indulge in reckless carousing.

I don't think I'll get to LSN / spreadsheets until, like, the next day.

User avatar
andapieceoftoast
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:18 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby andapieceoftoast » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:28 pm

Jessasaurus wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:
I just keep wondering when they are going to start dipping down into us "marginal" candidates :D


This.


MHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMM

User avatar
andapieceoftoast
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:18 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby andapieceoftoast » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:29 pm

t-14orbust wrote:Just got word back, my friend got his call at precisely 12:14PM EST


thanks for being on this for us -- you're a good TLSer. +1 karma points

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:29 pm

neprep wrote:Idk…if I get a JS2 I'll probably post ITT, and then tell family and friends and indulge in reckless carousing.

I don't think I'll get to LSN / spreadsheets until, like, the next day.


The OCD in me doesn't like this. That spreadsheet needs to be accurate to the minute :)

User avatar
t-14orbust
Posts: 2065
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby t-14orbust » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:30 pm

andapieceoftoast wrote:
t-14orbust wrote:Just got word back, my friend got his call at precisely 12:14PM EST


thanks for being on this for us -- you're a good TLSer. +1 karma points


I lurv you guys. I would have no shot in hell without TLS. I started lurking my 2nd year in college and here I am now :')

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Kimikho » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:30 pm

so what did I miss

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:31 pm

t-14orbust wrote:Just got word back, my friend got his call at precisely 12:14PM EST


So early...

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby drawstring » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:31 pm

scoobers wrote:so what did I miss


Non-TLS acceptances.

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:31 pm

scoobers wrote:so what did I miss


I mean, basically nothing, so your post is unfunny. <3

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:32 pm

scoobers wrote:so what did I miss


Someone we thought might be a troll got a JS2, then sleepy said a friend of a friend posted they got on on Fbook, but sleepy couldn't confirm details, since the two friends are fighting and weren't talking ATM. Then T14orbust confirmed a friend got the call at 12sh EST.

So we think there were some calls today, but none to TLSers yet, and no acceptances on LSN yet either.

And the toll may not have been a troll after all.
Last edited by lawschool22 on Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Gary
Posts: 338
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 8:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Gary » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:33 pm

drawstring wrote:
scoobers wrote:so what did I miss


Non-TLS acceptances.


basically the only way to make the good news we were all waiting for... bad

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Kimikho » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:33 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
scoobers wrote:so what did I miss


I mean, basically nothing, so your post is unfunny. <3


on a scale of funny to hilarious, would adding gifs help it?

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:33 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
t-14orbust wrote:Just got word back, my friend got his call at precisely 12:14PM EST


So early...


I was thinking the same thing.

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby wtrc » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:35 pm

OK Dean Soban, Imma let you finish, but there are some excellent candidates in this thread, and offering admission to them would be just amazing for all of us.

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:35 pm

scoobers wrote:
barrelofmonkeys wrote:
scoobers wrote:so what did I miss


I mean, basically nothing, so your post is unfunny. <3


on a scale of funny to hilarious, would adding gifs help it?


If I were a mod, I would ban you. So, hilarious.

User avatar
paglababa
Posts: 888
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:34 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby paglababa » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:35 pm

Gary wrote:
drawstring wrote:
scoobers wrote:so what did I miss


Non-TLS acceptances.


basically the only way to make the good news we were all waiting for... bad

User avatar
paglababa
Posts: 888
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:34 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby paglababa » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:36 pm

we got trolled so hard by JS. Its payback for all of our bitching.

User avatar
t-14orbust
Posts: 2065
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby t-14orbust » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:38 pm

paglababa wrote:we got trolled so hard by JS. Its payback for all of our bitching.


She's just waiting until tomorrow so that people don't have to go into work hung-over. So thoughtful

User avatar
SplitMyPants
Posts: 1392
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby SplitMyPants » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:41 pm

t-14orbust wrote:
paglababa wrote:we got trolled so hard by JS. Its payback for all of our bitching.


She's just waiting until tomorrow so that people don't have to go into work hung-over. So thoughtful


Yeah, because either way I'm drinking. Not that I ever even expected a JS1. But at this point, and with neprep's suggestion, I'm hopeful.

sup_stan
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:08 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby sup_stan » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:52 pm

wtrc wrote:OK Dean Soban, Imma let you finish, but there are some excellent candidates in this thread, and offering admission to them would be just amazing for all of us.


Kanye West?

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby wtrc » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:54 pm

sup_stan wrote:
wtrc wrote:OK Dean Soban, Imma let you finish, but there are some excellent candidates in this thread, and offering admission to them would be just amazing for all of us.


Kanye West?


yep




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ewan0707 and 7 guests