Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Where are you in the Harvard application process?

I'm applying next year, just reading this thread to prepare
38
12%
Applying this year, I got an extension on my application
1
0%
I applied and haven't gotten a JS1 yet
64
20%
I applied and got a JS1, but haven't had it yet.
7
2%
I had my JS1 but I'm waiting for a magical phone call
43
13%
Already had my JS2, just here to help
62
19%
Waitlisted
61
19%
Dinged D:
49
15%
 
Total votes: 325

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Kimikho » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:42 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
scoobers wrote:In a meeting, made some graphs. All are non-URM. The red lines indicate medians. Does anyone know how to do two colors in excel, to include all decisions?

graphs.jpg

Email me your excel file and I'll take a look at making it two colors if you want. The basic gist is you want a column for each color.


hmmm....I didn't save it lol it was very unsophisticated. But not many people have entered in rejections yet, I might just mess around with it until more people enter in stats.

User avatar
sjgonzalez3
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:10 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby sjgonzalez3 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:49 pm

milkandcheerios wrote:Finally went complete today after submitting 1/6. Now I can join the party in hoping/waiting for that JS1 invite.


Submitted all on 01/05/14, hopefully I'll join the party soon enough! (read: not complete yet)

sandclock
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:03 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby sandclock » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:53 pm

sjgonzalez3 wrote:
milkandcheerios wrote:Finally went complete today after submitting 1/6. Now I can join the party in hoping/waiting for that JS1 invite.


Submitted all on 01/05/14, hopefully I'll join the party soon enough! (read: not complete yet)


Is the going complete process being delayed? The excel chart on the first page said 11 days is average but it seems to be taking longer.

User avatar
esrom55
Posts: 254
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:43 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby esrom55 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:00 pm

milkandcheerios wrote:Finally went complete today after submitting 1/6. Now I can join the party in hoping/waiting for that JS1 invite.


+1

User avatar
milkandcheerios
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:58 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby milkandcheerios » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:02 pm

sandclock wrote:
sjgonzalez3 wrote:
milkandcheerios wrote:Finally went complete today after submitting 1/6. Now I can join the party in hoping/waiting for that JS1 invite.


Submitted all on 01/05/14, hopefully I'll join the party soon enough! (read: not complete yet)


Is the going complete process being delayed? The excel chart on the first page said 11 days is average but it seems to be taking longer.


I think it takes less time if you submitted earlier in the fall.

User avatar
FuriousDuck
Posts: 507
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:33 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby FuriousDuck » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:46 am

...
Last edited by FuriousDuck on Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cvolz
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:24 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Cvolz » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:08 am

Yes I did mean JS2..I believe that tomorrow is the day they are sending out most JS2s. This is because I received mine in the form of email (no phone call) due to the fact that I conducted my skype interview while I was in the UK meaning an international call would be necessary. I got the email around 5 and I think I would have received the call and email tomorrow had a call not be impractical. Anyway....my stats are 177/3.94 JS1 on Dec 14

User avatar
Gary
Posts: 338
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 8:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Gary » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:13 am

Cvolz wrote:Yes I did mean JS2..I believe that tomorrow is the day they are sending out most JS2s. This is because I received mine in the form of email (no phone call) due to the fact that I conducted my skype interview while I was in the UK meaning an international call would be necessary. I got the email around 5 and I think I would have received the call and email tomorrow had a call not be impractical. Anyway....my stats are 177/3.94 JS1 on Dec 14


:shock: :shock:

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:39 am

Cvolz wrote:Yes I did mean JS2..I believe that tomorrow is the day they are sending out most JS2s. This is because I received mine in the form of email (no phone call) due to the fact that I conducted my skype interview while I was in the UK meaning an international call would be necessary. I got the email around 5 and I think I would have received the call and email tomorrow had a call not be impractical. Anyway....my stats are 177/3.94 JS1 on Dec 14


Well I'll be damned. Maybe they will be coming out soon. Although I'm nowhere near your stats so I can't glean anything from that lol :D

User avatar
chneyo
Posts: 410
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:46 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby chneyo » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:07 am

...
Last edited by chneyo on Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
nothingtosee
Posts: 865
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 12:08 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby nothingtosee » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:29 am

When is the usual window in a day for calls?

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:48 am

nothingtosee wrote:When is the usual window in a day for calls?


They seem to start around 2-3pm EST and can go on for a few hours after that. I think the earliest we have seen this cycle was around noon, and I believe we have seen people get calls until 6-6:30pm.

That's all going by memory, so if someone knows of anything earlier or later let me know.

User avatar
wealtheow
Posts: 1034
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby wealtheow » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:19 am

just submitted wooooooooooo.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:20 am

wealtheow wrote:just submitted wooooooooooo.


I'm sensing a thread, wealtheow :). Congrats and welcome. Get ready for a fun ride.

User avatar
residentemma
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:54 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby residentemma » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:36 am

What if everyone's already received their JS2s... and no one on TLS was admitted :shock: :shock: :shock:

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:48 am

residentemma wrote:What if everyone's already received their JS2s... and no one on TLS was admitted :shock: :shock: :shock:


Well people on TLS have been admitted already :)

User avatar
residentemma
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:54 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby residentemma » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:53 am

lawschool22 wrote:
residentemma wrote:What if everyone's already received their JS2s... and no one on TLS was admitted :shock: :shock: :shock:


Well people on TLS have been admitted already :)


Has anyone been admitted who had their JS1 in late December/January (except that international guy)? I thought we were all waiting on a JS2 wave here

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:01 am

residentemma wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:
residentemma wrote:What if everyone's already received their JS2s... and no one on TLS was admitted :shock: :shock: :shock:


Well people on TLS have been admitted already :)


Has anyone been admitted who had their JS1 in late December/January (except that international guy)? I thought we were all waiting on a JS2 wave here


We are waiting on JS2 wave; maybe I misunderstood you. I thought you were implying that no one on TLS had been admitted so far in the cycle. But now I think you must have meant just in the upcoming wave.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:15 am

By the way everyone, you know the wait is getting to your head when you dream that you sat down for a practice LSAT test, months after studying and sitting for the real deal, score two points higher than your actual score, and then spend the rest of the dream trying to decide if you should go wing it in February.

User avatar
chneyo
Posts: 410
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:46 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby chneyo » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:16 am

...
Last edited by chneyo on Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
bbkk
Posts: 728
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:28 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby bbkk » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:16 am

wealtheow wrote:just submitted wooooooooooo.


Let it roll!!! :D


paglababa wrote:K, positive thoughts guys.

So who will be the first person you tell after you get your JS2?

lol also how many people will post a FB status about it? I think its fair game as long as its not douchy with a picture / instagram shot of your acceptance letter :P


I would definitely take a pic of the acceptance letter and send it to my mom, though she can't read English. :wink:

User avatar
neprep
Posts: 1066
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:16 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby neprep » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:23 am

bbkk wrote:I would definitely take a pic of the acceptance letter and send it to my mom, though she can't read English. :wink:


If I remember from the October study group, you speak Mandarin at home?

我,杰西卡Soban,很高兴地告诉您,您已被选定为进入2017年哈佛法学院的班!在竞争尤为激烈,今年,许多合资格的申请人争夺的席位数量有限,所以你应该是这样的成就感到自豪。


:D I'm 100% certain that Google Translate has made a hash of it.

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby jk148706 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:23 am

lawschool22 wrote:By the way everyone, you know the wait is getting to your head when you dream that you sat down for a practice LSAT test, months after studying and sitting for the real deal, score two points higher than your actual score, and then spend the rest of the dream trying to decide if you should go wing it in February.


No jokes had this exact dream. My decision not to retake in December haunts me haha

User avatar
esrom55
Posts: 254
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:43 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby esrom55 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:24 am

bbkk wrote:
I would definitely take a pic of the acceptance letter and send it to my mom, though she can't read English. :wink:


Not that you'll actually get any, but you could also take a picture of any rejection letters and send them to her too. Then just tell her you decided to go somewhere else.

User avatar
bbkk
Posts: 728
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:28 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby bbkk » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:27 am

neprep wrote:
bbkk wrote:I would definitely take a pic of the acceptance letter and send it to my mom, though she can't read English. :wink:


If I remember from the October study group, you speak Mandarin at home?

我,杰西卡Soban,很高兴地告诉您,您已被选定为进入2017年哈佛法学院的班!在竞争尤为激烈,今年,许多合资格的申请人争夺的席位数量有限,所以你应该是这样的成就感到自豪。


:D I'm 100% certain that Google Translate has made a hash of it.


Haha nep, that's why I love you!!! :lol: and this is probably one the best google-translated sentences I've seen! :D

esrom55 wrote:Not that you'll actually get any, but you could also take a picture of any rejection letters and send them to her too. Then just tell her you decided to go somewhere else.


:|




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Automotomayor, Bing [Bot], JazzyMac, nightie and 6 guests