Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Where are you in the Harvard application process?

I'm applying next year, just reading this thread to prepare
38
12%
Applying this year, I got an extension on my application
1
0%
I applied and haven't gotten a JS1 yet
64
20%
I applied and got a JS1, but haven't had it yet.
7
2%
I had my JS1 but I'm waiting for a magical phone call
43
13%
Already had my JS2, just here to help
62
19%
Waitlisted
61
19%
Dinged D:
49
15%
 
Total votes: 325

User avatar
milkandcheerios
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:58 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby milkandcheerios » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:49 pm

Finally went complete today after submitting 1/6. Now I can join the party in hoping/waiting for that JS1 invite.

User avatar
koalacity
Posts: 1162
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:56 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby koalacity » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:50 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
sup_stan wrote:
Cvolz wrote:I'm new to this thread but just thought I'd let you guys know...I got my JS2 today around 5 EST so seems like a good bet that tomorrow is the day.



JS was not kidding after all when she said in the blog that we would receive a notice once a decision has been made.


Still waiting for more info from Cvolz...call me a little skeptical.

Maybe he meant JS1? That seems somewhat more likely, but who knows.

anonanonanon123
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:29 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby anonanonanon123 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:50 pm

"Due to the snow storm approaching the Cambridge/Boston area, Harvard University will delay opening on Wednesday, January 22 and ask all non-essential personnel to not report to work until 11 a.m. But modified schedules and staffing plans will vary across the Schools, so please look for more specific information from your local leaders."

This makes me think that we might have to wait at least another day.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:53 pm

koalacity wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:
sup_stan wrote:
Cvolz wrote:I'm new to this thread but just thought I'd let you guys know...I got my JS2 today around 5 EST so seems like a good bet that tomorrow is the day.



JS was not kidding after all when she said in the blog that we would receive a notice once a decision has been made.


Still waiting for more info from Cvolz...call me a little skeptical.

Maybe he meant JS1? That seems somewhat more likely, but who knows.


Ah yeah, that could be. That would explain the statement that concluded that "tomorrow is the day" even though if you got a JS2 I would think you would say that "today is the day."

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2240
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Nonconsecutive » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:22 pm

lawschool22 wrote:Ah yeah, that could be. That would explain the statement that concluded that "tomorrow is the day" even though if you got a JS2 I would think you would say that "today is the day."


That's what I assumed based on the wording, I was hesitant to focus on it lest the thread explode. :)

NoDayButToday
Posts: 1031
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:34 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby NoDayButToday » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:35 pm

.
Last edited by NoDayButToday on Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
paglababa
Posts: 888
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:34 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby paglababa » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:36 pm

K, positive thoughts guys.

So who will be the first person you tell after you get your JS2?

lol also how many people will post a FB status about it? I think its fair game as long as its not douchy with a picture / instagram shot of your acceptance letter :P

User avatar
pseu
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:40 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby pseu » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:38 pm

NoDayButToday wrote:Question: are there date changes on the status checker for Harvard? Anything to indicate impending JS1 or dings?

Thanks.


Nope. Most (if not all people) have their status date stay the same all the way until they get their decision.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:39 pm

paglababa wrote:K, positive thoughts guys.

So who will be the first person you tell after you get your JS2?

lol also how many people will post a FB status about it? I think its fair game as long as its not douchy with a picture / instagram shot of your acceptance letter :P


No FB status for me, my work doesn't know so I have to keep it fairly low key. If I got a JS2, it's probably a text to some family members and close friends and then a post ITT.

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Kimikho » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:39 pm

paglababa wrote:K, positive thoughts guys.

So who will be the first person you tell after you get your JS2?

lol also how many people will post a FB status about it? I think its fair game as long as its not douchy with a picture / instagram shot of your acceptance letter :P


honestly, I don't think it's THAT douchy to put a picture up, as long as it's like, only one. like either put up a sappy status about it, or just the pic with "BAM!"

I would find like, a paragraph of how you are so grateful and owe so much to so many people blah blah blah to be annoying, or if you were putting up every letter you got. but one I think it sweet idk.

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Kimikho » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:40 pm

pseu wrote:
NoDayButToday wrote:Question: are there date changes on the status checker for Harvard? Anything to indicate impending JS1 or dings?

Thanks.


Nope. Most (if not all people) have their status date stay the same all the way until they get their decision.


one person has had a date change (not me)

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:41 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
paglababa wrote:K, positive thoughts guys.

So who will be the first person you tell after you get your JS2?

lol also how many people will post a FB status about it? I think its fair game as long as its not douchy with a picture / instagram shot of your acceptance letter :P


No FB status for me, my work doesn't know so I have to keep it fairly low key. If I got a JS2, it's probably a text to some family members and close friends and then a post ITT.


You say that, before one celebratory drink turns into five.

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Kimikho » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:43 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:
paglababa wrote:K, positive thoughts guys.

So who will be the first person you tell after you get your JS2?

lol also how many people will post a FB status about it? I think its fair game as long as its not douchy with a picture / instagram shot of your acceptance letter :P


No FB status for me, my work doesn't know so I have to keep it fairly low key. If I got a JS2, it's probably a text to some family members and close friends and then a post ITT.


You say that, before one celebratory drink turns into five.


oh and btw, as MDLG can probably confirm, if I am fb friends with you and you don't do a status update I'll do it for you :twisted:

ETA: for LS22, I'll just post "congrats on your bunion removal surgery!" and assume everyone knows what I'm talking about.
Last edited by Kimikho on Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
paglababa
Posts: 888
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:34 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby paglababa » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:45 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
paglababa wrote:K, positive thoughts guys.

So who will be the first person you tell after you get your JS2?

lol also how many people will post a FB status about it? I think its fair game as long as its not douchy with a picture / instagram shot of your acceptance letter :P


No FB status for me, my work doesn't know so I have to keep it fairly low key. If I got a JS2, it's probably a text to some family members and close friends and then a post ITT.


lol i have like 2 coworkers on there and they must think I barley use facebook as they are perpetually on the 'share with all friends except...." list.

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:46 pm

scoobers wrote:
TheMostDangerousLG wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:
paglababa wrote:K, positive thoughts guys.

So who will be the first person you tell after you get your JS2?

lol also how many people will post a FB status about it? I think its fair game as long as its not douchy with a picture / instagram shot of your acceptance letter :P


No FB status for me, my work doesn't know so I have to keep it fairly low key. If I got a JS2, it's probably a text to some family members and close friends and then a post ITT.


You say that, before one celebratory drink turns into five.


oh and btw, as MDLG can probably confirm, if I am fb friends with you and you don't do a status update I'll do it for you :twisted:


<333 :lol:

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:47 pm

paglababa wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:
paglababa wrote:K, positive thoughts guys.

So who will be the first person you tell after you get your JS2?

lol also how many people will post a FB status about it? I think its fair game as long as its not douchy with a picture / instagram shot of your acceptance letter :P


No FB status for me, my work doesn't know so I have to keep it fairly low key. If I got a JS2, it's probably a text to some family members and close friends and then a post ITT.


lol i have like 2 coworkers on there and they must think I barley use facebook as they are perpetually on the 'share with all friends except...." list.


Ooo I forgot about that feature. I still don't think I'll do it. 99% of people on Facebook don't care, the other 1% who do care will get a text. The 0.05% of my Facebook friends who are TLSers will see it ITT :)

User avatar
paglababa
Posts: 888
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:34 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby paglababa » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:50 pm

lawschool22 wrote:Ooo I forgot about that feature. I still don't think I'll do it. 99% of people on Facebook don't care, the other 1% who do care will get a text. The 0.05% of my Facebook friends who are TLSers will see it ITT :)


HOW CAN I HAS TLS FRIENDZ TOO

User avatar
phillywc
Posts: 3043
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:17 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby phillywc » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:52 pm

scoobers wrote:oh and btw, as MDLG can probably confirm, if I am fb friends with you and you don't do a status update I'll do it for you :twisted:

ETA: for LS22, I'll just post "congrats on your bunion removal surgery!" and assume everyone knows what I'm talking about.

:lol: :lol: can confirm

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby drawstring » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:54 pm

sup_stan wrote:HLS admission blog's new entry titled "waiting is the hardest part...": https://blogs.law.harvard.edu/admission ... dest-part/

Tomorrow HLS will delay opening: https://twitter.com/hlsadmissions

Things are not looking good for decisions to be in this week.


I hope they start re-reading files soon. I really don't want to go through more months of this silence while recent applicants are admitted.....

kathj06
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:50 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby kathj06 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:01 pm

drawstring wrote:
sup_stan wrote:HLS admission blog's new entry titled "waiting is the hardest part...": https://blogs.law.harvard.edu/admission ... dest-part/

Tomorrow HLS will delay opening: https://twitter.com/hlsadmissions

Things are not looking good for decisions to be in this week.


I hope they start re-reading files soon. I really don't want to go through more months of this silence while recent applicants are admitted.....


So that post makes it sound like no one will be wait listed until mid April? WL would be a best-case scenario for me; haven't heard a peep from HLS since I applied in mid-September!

User avatar
paglababa
Posts: 888
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:34 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby paglababa » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:02 pm

kathj06 wrote:
drawstring wrote:
sup_stan wrote:HLS admission blog's new entry titled "waiting is the hardest part...": https://blogs.law.harvard.edu/admission ... dest-part/

Tomorrow HLS will delay opening: https://twitter.com/hlsadmissions

Things are not looking good for decisions to be in this week.


I hope they start re-reading files soon. I really don't want to go through more months of this silence while recent applicants are admitted.....


So that post makes it sound like no one will be wait listed until mid April? WL would be a best-case scenario for me; haven't heard a peep from HLS since I applied in mid-September!


Well this certainly dashed all of my hopes for this week.

User avatar
SplitMyPants
Posts: 1392
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby SplitMyPants » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:04 pm

paglababa wrote:K, positive thoughts guys.

So who will be the first person you tell after you get your JS2?

lol also how many people will post a FB status about it? I think its fair game as long as its not douchy with a picture / instagram shot of your acceptance letter :P


As insanely excited as I would be, I'm never one to be that blatant about that stuff. Although, it's getting added to my fb profile.
Last edited by SplitMyPants on Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Kimikho » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:25 pm

In a meeting, made some graphs. All are non-URM. The red lines indicate medians. Does anyone know how to do two colors in excel, to include all decisions?

Accepted with C&F issue:
Image

Accepted, KJD:
Image

Accepted, average or below-average softs:
Image

Accepted, above-average or unique softs:
Image
Last edited by Kimikho on Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Arrow4Christ
Posts: 418
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:07 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Arrow4Christ » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:26 pm

milkandcheerios wrote:Finally went complete today after submitting 1/6. Now I can join the party in hoping/waiting for that JS1 invite.


Man! I'm still waiting and I submitted the same day :?

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:32 pm

scoobers wrote:In a meeting, made some graphs. All are non-URM. The red lines indicate medians. Does anyone know how to do two colors in excel, to include all decisions?

Accepted with C&F issue:
Image

Accepted, KJD:
Image

Accepted, average or below-average softs:
Image

Accepted, above-average or unique softs:
Image


Email me your excel file and I'll take a look at making it two colors if you want. The basic gist is you want a column for each color.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: potterotter and 2 guests