Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Where are you in the Harvard application process?

I'm applying next year, just reading this thread to prepare
38
12%
Applying this year, I got an extension on my application
1
0%
I applied and haven't gotten a JS1 yet
64
20%
I applied and got a JS1, but haven't had it yet.
7
2%
I had my JS1 but I'm waiting for a magical phone call
43
13%
Already had my JS2, just here to help
62
19%
Waitlisted
61
19%
Dinged D:
49
15%
 
Total votes: 325

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby drawstring » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:34 pm

lawschool22 wrote:A bit of actual factual information for a second. I noticed that on LSN, all the JSNo's had below median LSATs. There were no 173+ LSATs rejected today.

So far all the JS2's have been around 75th or higher LSAT, all/most the of the JSNo's have been below median LSAT. Where are those decisions for us 173 folks? Only 5 so far per LSN.


Reading comp fail here, but do you mean to say there have been JS2s today, and they were around the 75th? Or do you mean all the JS2s since they started going out?

User avatar
05062014
Posts: 437
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:05 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby 05062014 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:34 pm

neprep wrote:
abdistotle wrote:
scoobers wrote:Team jsjk ftw anyone who says otherwise is not my friend :evil:


Does this not sound like a mean girl ? I rest my case


Perhaps, but not a mean girl from Mean Girls. Regina George doesn't make her criteria for selecting friends and foes (a) public and (b) easy.


You got me there :lol:

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:34 pm

drawstring wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:A bit of actual factual information for a second. I noticed that on LSN, all the JSNo's had below median LSATs. There were no 173+ LSATs rejected today.

So far all the JS2's have been around 75th or higher LSAT, all/most the of the JSNo's have been below median LSAT. Where are those decisions for us 173 folks? Only 5 so far per LSN.


Reading comp fail here, but do you mean to say there have been JS2s today, and they were around the 75th? Or do you mean all the JS2s since they started going out?


Since they started going out.

Caveat I just skimmed the list, so I may have missed some.
Last edited by lawschool22 on Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
neprep
Posts: 1066
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:16 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby neprep » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:34 pm

scoobers wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:A bit of actual factual information for a second. I noticed that on LSN, all the JSNo's had below median LSATs. There were no 173+ LSATs rejected today.

So far all the JS2's have been around 75th or higher LSAT, all/most the of the JSNo's have been below median LSAT. Where are those decisions for us 173 folks? Only 5 so far per LSN.


We are so friends again


Also looking for 173 love here.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:35 pm

neprep wrote:
scoobers wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:A bit of actual factual information for a second. I noticed that on LSN, all the JSNo's had below median LSATs. There were no 173+ LSATs rejected today.

So far all the JS2's have been around 75th or higher LSAT, all/most the of the JSNo's have been below median LSAT. Where are those decisions for us 173 folks? Only 5 so far per LSN.


We are so friends again


Also looking for 173 love here.


I wonder if we're in what last year would have been the "held" category? I totally could have seen being in that group last year personally.

User avatar
koalacity
Posts: 1162
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:56 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby koalacity » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:36 pm

lawschool22 wrote:A bit of actual factual information for a second. I noticed that on LSN, all the JSNo's had below median LSATs. There were no 173+ LSATs rejected today.

So far all the JS2's have been around 75th or higher LSAT, all/most the of the JSNo's have been below median LSAT. Where are those decisions for us 173 folks? Only 5 so far per LSN.

I'm quite certain there have been below-median LSAT JS2s (kershka, for example).

User avatar
neprep
Posts: 1066
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:16 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby neprep » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:37 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
neprep wrote:
scoobers wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:A bit of actual factual information for a second. I noticed that on LSN, all the JSNo's had below median LSATs. There were no 173+ LSATs rejected today.

So far all the JS2's have been around 75th or higher LSAT, all/most the of the JSNo's have been below median LSAT. Where are those decisions for us 173 folks? Only 5 so far per LSN.


We are so friends again


Also looking for 173 love here.


I wonder if we're in what last year would have been the "held" category? I totally could have seen being in that group last year personally.


Perhaps, but did people who were held get JS1s?

And I know that I'm not helping them with their GPA median, so I better hope they liked the interview.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:37 pm

koalacity wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:A bit of actual factual information for a second. I noticed that on LSN, all the JSNo's had below median LSATs. There were no 173+ LSATs rejected today.

So far all the JS2's have been around 75th or higher LSAT, all/most the of the JSNo's have been below median LSAT. Where are those decisions for us 173 folks? Only 5 so far per LSN.

I'm quite certain there have been below-median LSAT JS2s (kershka, for example).


I know. I'm not say there haven't been, just not many. The majority have been 174+, excluding URM.

NoDayButToday
Posts: 1031
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:34 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby NoDayButToday » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:38 pm

.
Last edited by NoDayButToday on Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:38 pm

neprep wrote:
Perhaps, but did people who were held get JS1s?

And I know that I'm not helping them with their GPA median, so I better hope they liked the interview.


Good point. And yeah, I'm banking on my interview, WE, PS, etc. to push me across and make up for that GPA lol.

User avatar
05062014
Posts: 437
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:05 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby 05062014 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:39 pm

Patfeeney reported a ding on upenm thread, and he reportedly has a 174 in the books

User avatar
andapieceoftoast
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:18 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby andapieceoftoast » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:39 pm

The-Specs wrote:
andapieceoftoast wrote:
scoobers wrote:Team jsjk ftw anyone who says otherwise is not my friend :evil:


Phew --- FRIENDS 8)


Logic fail pieceoftoast, all we can know for certainty is that if you do NOT like JSJK that you canNOT befriends. We can't be certain that you will be friends with Scoobs just because you like JSJK. hth

I love you though!


This is rude (read it in Angie from 30 Rock's voice -- like scoobs' old tar [see how I did that]), but I love it and you!

scoobers wrote:
Logic fail anyone who likes toast is my friend


I say again 8)
Cruisin' with the scoobs crew. It's a good place to be (on wednesdays we wear pink)

edwardt1988
Posts: 365
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby edwardt1988 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:39 pm


User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:40 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
neprep wrote:
Perhaps, but did people who were held get JS1s?

And I know that I'm not helping them with their GPA median, so I better hope they liked the interview.


Good point. And yeah, I'm banking on my interview, WE, PS, etc. to push me across and make up for that GPA lol.


I just skimmed the held at HLS thread from last year, and you have a good point. The majority of those people did not have JS1s

User avatar
andapieceoftoast
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:18 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby andapieceoftoast » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:41 pm

neprep wrote:
And I know that I'm not helping them with their GPA median, so I better hope they liked the interview.


+1

Nooblarzlarz
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 12:18 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Nooblarzlarz » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:41 pm

edwardt1988 wrote:http://lawschoolnumbers.com/reubenshapcott 174 LSAT

3.33 GPA

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:41 pm

abdistotle wrote:Patfeeney reported a ding on upenm thread, and he reportedly has a 174 in the books


I may be mistaken but I think he reported that in here earlier also

edwardt1988
Posts: 365
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby edwardt1988 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:42 pm

Also, if you're a friend of Mort, you're a friend of JSJk. How can you appreciate the lightheartedness and positivity that he brings to this thread, but fail to understand the levity that JSJk would introduce in an otherwise depressing situation. JSJk is the only way.

User avatar
The-Specs
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby The-Specs » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:43 pm

edwardt1988 wrote:Also, if you're a friend of Mort, you're a friend of JSJk. How can you appreciate the lightheartedness and positivity that he brings to this thread, but fail to understand the levity that JSJk would introduce in an otherwise depressing situation. JSJk is the only way.


I see what you did there. Hit us all where it hurts.

User avatar
neprep
Posts: 1066
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:16 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby neprep » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:43 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:
neprep wrote:
Perhaps, but did people who were held get JS1s?

And I know that I'm not helping them with their GPA median, so I better hope they liked the interview.


Good point. And yeah, I'm banking on my interview, WE, PS, etc. to push me across and make up for that GPA lol.


I just skimmed the held at HLS thread from last year, and you have a good point. The majority of those people did not have JS1s


I know KB said in her thread that if you get a JS1 they "like something in your application," but I can't help but feel that my JS1 is more of a "Oh let's just see if this GPA pleb has anything to offer" interview rather than a "oh wow let's let's admit him but make sure he's not a psychopath first" interview.

TL;DR Not all JS1s are created equal. It's quite sad.

User avatar
phillywc
Posts: 3043
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:17 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby phillywc » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:45 pm

Anyone who likes jsjk is wrong. Honestly, we shouldn't even be speaking to them.

JSW! JSW!

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Kimikho » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:45 pm

This just in: a relationship hangs in the balance over the jk/w divide.

User avatar
phillywc
Posts: 3043
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:17 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby phillywc » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:46 pm

scoobers wrote:This just in: a relationship hangs in the balance over the jk/w divide.

I really hope TLS takes this out of our hands.

User avatar
The-Specs
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby The-Specs » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:46 pm

NoDayButToday wrote:Today's JS-ding-storm


........is it over?


Two reported JSNo's on LSN in the last 10 min but this could be delayed reporting.

User avatar
neprep
Posts: 1066
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:16 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby neprep » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:46 pm

WHAT A TWIST

phillywc wrote:Anyone who likes jsjk is wrong. Honestly, we shouldn't even be speaking to them.

JSW! JSW!
scoobers wrote:This just in: a relationship hangs in the balance over the jk/w divide.


Seriously though, when are the WL notifications even arriving?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aquinas, DumbHollywoodActor, Google [Bot], govlife, JoshLyman13, lakers3, Leliana, LtotheB, nslaw123, warmcherrysoda and 26 guests