Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Where are you in the Harvard application process?

I'm applying next year, just reading this thread to prepare
38
12%
Applying this year, I got an extension on my application
1
0%
I applied and haven't gotten a JS1 yet
64
20%
I applied and got a JS1, but haven't had it yet.
7
2%
I had my JS1 but I'm waiting for a magical phone call
43
13%
Already had my JS2, just here to help
62
19%
Waitlisted
61
19%
Dinged D:
49
15%
 
Total votes: 325

User avatar
neprep
Posts: 1066
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:16 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby neprep » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:40 pm

Oh it's too late to change it now. I already sent a letter to H with our official decision letter and changed their status to "DLS."

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:40 pm

abdistotle wrote:Completely forgot I applied to H (most likely due to how slim of a shot I had/have at admission). As someoneyet to be ddinged, here is me hoping to receive a #JSW... JSJK sounds like something you'd hear from the movie 'mean girls' imo, and thus, is probably not what it ought to be called


^

We must re-open this poll :D

User avatar
neprep
Posts: 1066
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:16 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby neprep » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:41 pm

abdistotle wrote:Completely forgot I applied to H (most likely due to how slim of a shot I had/have at admission). As someoneyet to be ddinged, here is me hoping to receive a #JSW... JSJK sounds like something you'd hear from the movie 'mean girls' imo, and thus, is probably not what it ought to be called


:shock: Are you doubting the genius that is Tina Fey?

User avatar
midwest17
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:27 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby midwest17 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:41 pm

neprep wrote:Oh it's too late to change it now. I already sent a letter to H with our official decision letter and changed their status to "DLS."


:lol:

User avatar
db1990
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:55 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby db1990 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:43 pm

JSjk brings levity to an otherwise grim situation. That's science. :mrgreen:

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:44 pm

db1990 wrote:JSjk brings levity to an otherwise grim situation. That's science. :mrgreen:


But it's so ambiguous :? :? :lol: :o

edwardt1988
Posts: 365
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby edwardt1988 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:44 pm

Respect the authoritah of JSJk

virago22
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:39 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby virago22 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:45 pm

JSnubbed > JSNo.

User avatar
The-Specs
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby The-Specs » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:45 pm

I still want the two way run-off.

User avatar
db1990
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:55 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby db1990 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:46 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
db1990 wrote:JSjk brings levity to an otherwise grim situation. That's science. :mrgreen:


But it's so ambiguous :? :? :lol: :o


It's mysterious...much like the Harvard admissions process. :wink:

User avatar
paglababa
Posts: 888
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:34 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby paglababa » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:46 pm

Wait what happened today? We have Harvard dings? Were there any JS2s or waitlisting?

User avatar
koalacity
Posts: 1162
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:56 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby koalacity » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:46 pm

The-Specs wrote:I still want the two way run-off.

User avatar
db1990
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:55 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby db1990 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:47 pm

paglababa wrote:Wait what happened today? We have Harvard dings? Were there any JS2s or waitlisting?


Not yet. Just dings to non-JS1s :?

User avatar
paglababa
Posts: 888
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:34 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby paglababa » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:48 pm

db1990 wrote:
paglababa wrote:Wait what happened today? We have Harvard dings? Were there any JS2s or waitlisting?


Not yet. Just dings to non-JS1s :?


Ah sorry to all of those dinged. I'm sure you'll end up at a great place anyway :(

No one with a JS1 got dinged yet?

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby drawstring » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:50 pm

The-Specs wrote:I still want the two way run-off.


Those third-party candidates eh? Taking yer votes...

User avatar
db1990
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:55 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby db1990 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:52 pm

drawstring wrote:
The-Specs wrote:I still want the two way run-off.


Those third-party candidates eh? Taking yer votes...


Are you suggesting that JSW got "Nadered?"

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:52 pm

koalacity wrote:
The-Specs wrote:I still want the two way run-off.

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby drawstring » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:55 pm

db1990 wrote:
drawstring wrote:
The-Specs wrote:I still want the two way run-off.


Those third-party candidates eh? Taking yer votes...


Are you suggesting that JSW got "Nadered?"


Possibly!

User avatar
phillywc
Posts: 3043
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:17 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby phillywc » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:56 pm

I am not a fan of either.


Hi BoM!

User avatar
The-Specs
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby The-Specs » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:58 pm

db1990 wrote:
drawstring wrote:
The-Specs wrote:I still want the two way run-off.


Those third-party candidates eh? Taking yer votes...


Are you suggesting that JSW got "Nadered?"


Could be but I just figure that a two-way runoff is a small price to pay for an amicable reunion between the two factions.

User avatar
Gary
Posts: 338
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 8:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Gary » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:00 pm

this thread gets bumped so much i keep expecting JS2s :?

User avatar
Howl
Posts: 293
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:11 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Howl » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:00 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
koalacity wrote:
The-Specs wrote:I still want the two way run-off.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:01 pm

Gary wrote:this thread gets bumped so much i keep expecting JS2s :?


Nope just quibbling over a few letters.

User avatar
The-Specs
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby The-Specs » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:03 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
Gary wrote:this thread gets bumped so much i keep expecting JS2s :?


Nope just quibbling over a few letters.


Welcome to Lawyering :)

User avatar
neprep
Posts: 1066
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:16 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby neprep » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:03 pm

Hmm, these JSW types are an unscrupulous bunch. I bet if there's a runoff there will be a slew of fake accounts that adulterate the poll and upturn the voice of the people.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: a.sch, aaron1621, ad34964n, Anon.y.mousse., apricots, Baidu [Spider], BCH, BrittanyJeream, cyclawps, danid83, davidboring00, Google Adsense [Bot], guybourdin, Houzy, joezze, kdonohue, Keilz, lawdude31, mm2368, patrickkpaul, potterotter, Solidfood, theothercat, ThorB and 28 guests