Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Where are you in the Harvard application process?

I'm applying next year, just reading this thread to prepare
38
12%
Applying this year, I got an extension on my application
1
0%
I applied and haven't gotten a JS1 yet
64
20%
I applied and got a JS1, but haven't had it yet.
7
2%
I had my JS1 but I'm waiting for a magical phone call
43
13%
Already had my JS2, just here to help
62
19%
Waitlisted
61
19%
Dinged D:
49
15%
 
Total votes: 325

User avatar
koalacity
Posts: 1162
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:56 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby koalacity » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:51 pm

neprep wrote:Are these dings via phone call or email? What was the wording like?

Email.

User avatar
pseu
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:40 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby pseu » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:55 pm

oh god it's finally happening, this is so terrifying

User avatar
gbelle
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby gbelle » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:55 pm

First post ITT. Wasn't rejected in this wave, which has given me a tiny glimmer of hope. I'm going to ride this feeling for as long as I can.

Sorry to everyone else who received bad news. I don't want to sound like those rejection letters, but I'm sure you will all have amazing opportunities elsewhere.

Nooblarzlarz
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 12:18 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Nooblarzlarz » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:56 pm

gbelle wrote:First post ITT. Wasn't rejected in this wave, which has given me a tiny glimmer of hope. I'm going to ride this feeling for as long as I can.

Sorry to everyone else who received bad news. I don't want to sound like those rejection letters, but I'm sure you will all have amazing opportunities elsewhere.

Not sure if the emails come out all at once or individually or some other way.

edwardt1988
Posts: 365
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby edwardt1988 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:56 pm

The scary part is that this seems to have been exclusively a rejection wave. That means the JSJK wave is still to come

User avatar
BoyOhBoyle
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:15 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby BoyOhBoyle » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:57 pm

Add me to the list of dinged via email this morning. 173/3.47, so not too surprised - it was a long shot anyway! No JS1, complete 12/5.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:57 pm

edwardt1988 wrote:The scary part is that this seems to have been exclusively a rejection wave. That means the JSJK JSW wave is still to come


If so, I'm hoping they at least end the day on a good note with some JS2s.

User avatar
gbelle
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby gbelle » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:58 pm

Nooblarzlarz wrote:
gbelle wrote:First post ITT. Wasn't rejected in this wave, which has given me a tiny glimmer of hope. I'm going to ride this feeling for as long as I can.

Sorry to everyone else who received bad news. I don't want to sound like those rejection letters, but I'm sure you will all have amazing opportunities elsewhere.

Not sure if the emails come out all at once or individually or some other way.


Glimmer of hope = extinguished.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:58 pm

BoyOhBoyle wrote:Add me to the list of dinged via email this morning. 173/3.47, so not too surprised - it was a long shot anyway! No JS1, complete 12/5.


You odds weren't impossible though...sorry to hear the news :(

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Again, just a reminder, to those WL'd or dinged, please update your status in the spreadsheet before departing. I know it sucks, but this will be a true service to those still waiting, as well as future generations of TLSers.

Thank you.

User avatar
BoyOhBoyle
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:15 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby BoyOhBoyle » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:03 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
BoyOhBoyle wrote:Add me to the list of dinged via email this morning. 173/3.47, so not too surprised - it was a long shot anyway! No JS1, complete 12/5.


You odds weren't impossible though...sorry to hear the news :(


Thanks :) My hopes weren't high, so I'm pretty cool with it. Just wish I could get my 100 dollars back lol.

My condolences to everyone else who got dinged today...and good luck to all those still in the running!

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:03 pm

BoyOhBoyle wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:
BoyOhBoyle wrote:Add me to the list of dinged via email this morning. 173/3.47, so not too surprised - it was a long shot anyway! No JS1, complete 12/5.


You odds weren't impossible though...sorry to hear the news :(


Thanks :) My hopes weren't high, so I'm pretty cool with it. Just wish I could get my 100 dollars back lol.

My condolences to everyone else who got dinged today...and good luck to all those still in the running!


Just know you're going to get some awesome schools with that 173.

User avatar
phillywc
Posts: 3043
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:17 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby phillywc » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:04 pm

Ah? Today is the day where the longest of shots becomes officially nil?

User avatar
zen
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:31 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby zen » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:07 pm

So today's the day to see if I've been praying hard enough for my spray and pray tactic to work as I want it to.

User avatar
pseu
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:40 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby pseu » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:16 pm

sorry to everyone who received bad news

it looks like no JS1s got denied today though, maybe JS2s later today? Please?

Pau.C.
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:46 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Pau.C. » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:21 pm

.
Last edited by Pau.C. on Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flat-fifth
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:30 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby flat-fifth » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:24 pm

Dinged, no JS1. Complete 11/8.

User avatar
bbkk
Posts: 728
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:28 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby bbkk » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:30 pm

Sorry to everyone that got dinged. Best of luck for the rest of your cycles!

And...


lawschool22 wrote:
If so, I'm hoping they at least end the day on a good note with some JS2s.

sup_stan
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:08 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby sup_stan » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:33 pm

Hasn't JS2 historically been a two-consecutive-business-day wave to cover a large body of admits? Being that this is a Friday and Monday is off, maybe Tuesday we can finally hear some good news?

User avatar
patfeeney
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby patfeeney » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:36 pm

neprep wrote:Are these dings via phone call or email? What was the wording like?


Email for me.

Just a notification from JS that they can't offer admission.

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Kimikho » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:37 pm

tariffs got dinged???

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Kimikho » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:50 pm

scoobers wrote:dear JS,

without going into to much detail, today has been an awful day. I know it is too soon for me to start thinking about hearing back, but I would LOVE a reason to spam gifs everywhere for all my friends tomorrow. help me out please?

sincerely,

scoobs


:|

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:57 pm

scoobers wrote:
scoobers wrote:dear JS,

without going into to much detail, today has been an awful day. I know it is too soon for me to start thinking about hearing back, but I would LOVE a reason to spam gifs everywhere for all my friends tomorrow. help me out please?

sincerely,

scoobs


:|


She didn't listen. Not yet anyway.

Dominican_Lawyer
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:30 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Dominican_Lawyer » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:58 pm

Just checking... So I have been status Application Complete since 12/16. Should I be worried? As far as I understand I would have to go Under Review UR before I have the chance for a JS1. Please TLS let me know if my understanding is correct and further whether I should be concerned about the wait.?!*

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:00 pm

Dominican_Lawyer wrote:Just checking... So I have been status Application Complete since 12/16. Should I be worried? As far as I understand I would have to go Under Review UR before I have the chance for a JS1. Please TLS let me know if my understanding is correct and further whether I should be concerned about the wait.?!*


All the answers you want are in the spreadsheet in the OP. But I wouldn't be worried quite yet.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”