Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Where are you in the Harvard application process?

I'm applying next year, just reading this thread to prepare
38
12%
Applying this year, I got an extension on my application
1
0%
I applied and haven't gotten a JS1 yet
64
20%
I applied and got a JS1, but haven't had it yet.
7
2%
I had my JS1 but I'm waiting for a magical phone call
43
13%
Already had my JS2, just here to help
62
19%
Waitlisted
61
19%
Dinged D:
49
15%
 
Total votes: 325

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:42 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:
Gary wrote:So what does everyone think is the worst wait-

for your LSAT score, for a JS1, or for a JS2


1. JS2
2. LSAT
3. JS1 (Because I wasn't expecting one, so I wasn't even waiting for it)


Definitely agree w/ #3. I need to just have that mindset for all my apps. Just learn to not expect anything, and then I won't think about it all the time.

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2240
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Nonconsecutive » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:57 pm

lawschool22 wrote:Definitely agree w/ #3. I need to just have that mindset for all my apps. Just learn to not expect anything, and then I won't think about it all the time.


It really is a great way to be. Of course it definitely doesn't come easy. My first cycle I was on the status checkers constantly, always looking at my email, and generally anxious (in a bad way) all the time. This cycle I check on the status checkers once every two weeks or so, and am not hovering over my email. Its certainly made sleeping a whole lot easier. Of course I'm not saying I don't empathize, I was terrible the first time around. :lol:

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:08 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:Definitely agree w/ #3. I need to just have that mindset for all my apps. Just learn to not expect anything, and then I won't think about it all the time.


It really is a great way to be. Of course it definitely doesn't come easy. My first cycle I was on the status checkers constantly, always looking at my email, and generally anxious (in a bad way) all the time. This cycle I check on the status checkers once every two weeks or so, and am not hovering over my email. Its certainly made sleeping a whole lot easier. Of course I'm not saying I don't empathize, I was terrible the first time around. :lol:


Haha I think I'm somewhere in between those two. I definitely check my status checkers almost daily (well, the ones worth checking anyway), and of course I'm on TLS all the time. But so far I haven't lost sleep over anything. I'm too busy at work to be thinking about it 24/7...though somehow I do manage to think about it 16/6 lol.

User avatar
SplitMyPants
Posts: 1390
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby SplitMyPants » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:12 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:
Gary wrote:So what does everyone think is the worst wait-

for your LSAT score, for a JS1, or for a JS2


1. JS2
2. LSAT
3. JS1 (Because I wasn't expecting one, so I wasn't even waiting for it)


Definitely agree w/ #3. I need to just have that mindset for all my apps. Just learn to not expect anything, and then I won't think about it all the time.


+1 to that. And for that same reason, the JS2 is by far the worst wait. LSAT had a date, and I wasn't waiting for a JS1. Now that I've made it this far, the JS2 wait will be awful.

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2240
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Nonconsecutive » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:12 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:Definitely agree w/ #3. I need to just have that mindset for all my apps. Just learn to not expect anything, and then I won't think about it all the time.


It really is a great way to be. Of course it definitely doesn't come easy. My first cycle I was on the status checkers constantly, always looking at my email, and generally anxious (in a bad way) all the time. This cycle I check on the status checkers once every two weeks or so, and am not hovering over my email. Its certainly made sleeping a whole lot easier. Of course I'm not saying I don't empathize, I was terrible the first time around. :lol:


Haha I think I'm somewhere in between those two. I definitely check my status checkers almost daily (well, the ones worth checking anyway), and of course I'm on TLS all the time. But so far I haven't lost sleep over anything. I'm too busy at work to be thinking about it 24/7...though somehow I do manage to think about it 16/6 lol.


Oh yeah, having a busy job definitely helps. I have no idea how I'd not go insane if I had nothing to keep me distracted, that applies to both cycles.

User avatar
bbkk
Posts: 728
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:28 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby bbkk » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:16 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:Oh yeah, having a busy job definitely helps. I have no idea how I'd not go insane if I had nothing to keep me distracted, that applies to both cycles.


I'm working full-time now but it's not a busy job so I can still be on tls all the time, which is all I need. :D

User avatar
bbkk
Posts: 728
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:28 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby bbkk » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:17 pm

bbkk wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:Oh yeah, having a busy job definitely helps. I have no idea how I'd not go insane if I had nothing to keep me distracted, that applies to both cycles.


I'm working full-time now but it's not a busy job so I can still be on tls all the time, which is all I need. :D


BTW, I'm not really obsessed with status checker; feel that emails/calls will come when things happen.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:18 pm

bbkk wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:Oh yeah, having a busy job definitely helps. I have no idea how I'd not go insane if I had nothing to keep me distracted, that applies to both cycles.


I'm working full-time now but it's not a busy job so I can still be on tls all the time, which is all I need. :D


Somehow I really should have no time for TLS but I fit it in lol

User avatar
SplitMyPants
Posts: 1390
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby SplitMyPants » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:18 pm

bbkk wrote:
bbkk wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:Oh yeah, having a busy job definitely helps. I have no idea how I'd not go insane if I had nothing to keep me distracted, that applies to both cycles.


I'm working full-time now but it's not a busy job so I can still be on tls all the time, which is all I need. :D


BTW, I'm not really obsessed with status checker; feel that emails/calls will come when things happen.


I wish I shared your self-control.

User avatar
SplitMyPants
Posts: 1390
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby SplitMyPants » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:19 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
bbkk wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:Oh yeah, having a busy job definitely helps. I have no idea how I'd not go insane if I had nothing to keep me distracted, that applies to both cycles.


I'm working full-time now but it's not a busy job so I can still be on tls all the time, which is all I need. :D


Somehow I really should have no time for TLS but I fit it in lol


I don't even fit it in, I've been making sacrifices. (Mostly sleep)

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Kimikho » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:20 pm

every time the thread moves to the next page my heart stops

User avatar
Jessasaurus
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:02 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Jessasaurus » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:20 pm

I love this thread so much because no one irl understands my neuroticism. The fear every time I get an email, the rush of excitement every time I get a phone call, the sheer agony of waiting.

Also...I really really hope Harvard casts out its first bunch of dings/wl by tomorrow so I can know if I'm in that group or not. It seems to me like if they are taking longer because they are disappointed with the batch of applicants they would have at least one sizable group of dings/wl they could release.

User avatar
db1990
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:55 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby db1990 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:29 pm

bbkk wrote:
bbkk wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:Oh yeah, having a busy job definitely helps. I have no idea how I'd not go insane if I had nothing to keep me distracted, that applies to both cycles.


I'm working full-time now but it's not a busy job so I can still be on tls all the time, which is all I need. :D


BTW, I'm not really obsessed with status checker; feel that emails/calls will come when things happen.


+1

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:29 pm

I have a theory ("LS22, another theory?" Yes, I have many about many things in life.) that we are actually addicted to the adrenaline rush of getting an acceptance, which is why we're so neurotic and on edge.

User avatar
SplitMyPants
Posts: 1390
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby SplitMyPants » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:34 pm

lawschool22 wrote:I have a theory ("LS22, another theory?" Yes, I have many about many things in life.) that we are actually addicted to the adrenaline rush of getting an acceptance, which is why we're so neurotic and on edge.


It's actually the only reason I applied to law school. Swimming with sharks got boring. :lol:

User avatar
FuriousDuck
Posts: 507
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:33 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby FuriousDuck » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:53 pm

...
Last edited by FuriousDuck on Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mort_the_Tort
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:23 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Mort_the_Tort » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:00 pm

¿ tomorrow ?

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:01 pm

FuriousDuck wrote:I think much of the perceived neuroticism of this place comes from the fact that people post here most often when they are freaking out about something.


Yeah and many of us (myself) are constantly posting, so therefore we're constantly freaking out about something lol

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2240
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Nonconsecutive » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:06 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
FuriousDuck wrote:I think much of the perceived neuroticism of this place comes from the fact that people post here most often when they are freaking out about something.


Yeah and many of us (myself) are constantly posting, so therefore we're constantly freaking out about something lol


:lol: :lol:

User avatar
stephenholder
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:43 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby stephenholder » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:13 pm

stephenholder wrote:Answered an unlisted number just to be safe, let myself get talked into a cable upgrade.


Painful wait. (Still waiting, to be clear.) At least I have HBO on demand now?

User avatar
bbkk
Posts: 728
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:28 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby bbkk » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:23 pm

FuriousDuck wrote:I think much of the perceived neuroticism of this place comes from the fact that people post here most often when they are freaking out about something.



Pre-LSAT era: I was freaking out about the LSAT.
Post-LSAT era: I'm posting mainly because I'm bored at work and I want to keep up with the movements here. :lol:

ETA: maybe I'll start freaking out when my apps go complete.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:30 pm

bbkk wrote:
FuriousDuck wrote:I think much of the perceived neuroticism of this place comes from the fact that people post here most often when they are freaking out about something.



Pre-LSAT era: I was freaking out about the LSAT.
Post-LSAT era: I'm posting mainly because I'm bored at work and I want to keep up with the movements here. :lol:

ETA: maybe I'll start freaking out when my apps go complete.


Image

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby wtrc » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:52 pm

Mort_the_Tort wrote:¿ tomorrow ?


At least for students, MLK Day is a Holiday at HLS. So obviously this is totally baseless, but I would be really surprised if there's nothing tomorrow. More surprised than any day we've had thus far, except perhaps 2 Mondays after Thanksgiving.

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Kimikho » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:02 pm

wtrc wrote:
Mort_the_Tort wrote:¿ tomorrow ?


At least for students, MLK Day is a Holiday at HLS. So obviously this is totally baseless, but I would be really surprised if there's nothing tomorrow. More surprised than any day we've had thus far, except perhaps 2 Mondays after Thanksgiving.


(says the guy who said I would go complete before thanksgiving)

i'm about to put a moratorium on all ya'll JS2 predictions.

anubis1911
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat May 04, 2013 12:41 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby anubis1911 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:08 pm

Finally a freaking JS1!!!! Very excited!! Someone please point me in the right direction for interview prep.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ad34964n, airwrecka, AJ1010, amberb94, Anon.y.mousse., Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], brinicolec, BrittanyJeream, carlos_danger, DMV Messiah, Google Adsense [Bot], lawlawland16, lawschoolapplicant9, lazarzhr, Leliana, LSRAT, mcblake, mm2368, pleaseclassof2020, raspberryo, theothercat, tinafeyclone, vho1791, Yitzhak26 and 57 guests