Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Where are you in the Harvard application process?

I'm applying next year, just reading this thread to prepare
38
12%
Applying this year, I got an extension on my application
1
0%
I applied and haven't gotten a JS1 yet
64
20%
I applied and got a JS1, but haven't had it yet.
7
2%
I had my JS1 but I'm waiting for a magical phone call
43
13%
Already had my JS2, just here to help
62
19%
Waitlisted
61
19%
Dinged D:
49
15%
 
Total votes: 325

User avatar
Gary
Posts: 338
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 8:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Gary » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:14 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
pseu wrote:
Mort_the_Tort wrote:¿ tomorrow ?


My new theory, especially since we seem overdue, is that JS is monitoring this thread, and she puts off JS2s whenever we predict a day

Whoever predicted Thursday a few days ago looks like they may have made a good guess, otherwise it will be very surprising how long we have waited since the last round of calls.


I'm not that surprised. I said a while back that they were probably going to wait longer than normal, because they wanted to see how the applicants were shaping up. My theory was they were a little disappointed with what they had seen so far, and would wait until more December people applied. Then they extended the application deadline, which made me believe this even more. Lots of people disagreed with my theory though FWIW :lol: We still won't ever know "why" they're taking longer, but that's my guess anyway.


Based on your theory ls22, how long do you think they're going to put off new acceptances?

User avatar
Pneumonia
Posts: 1642
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:05 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Pneumonia » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:50 pm

ohpobrecito wrote:I don't understand why JSJK doesn't have more votes. Classic.

:|

+1 it is clearly the best candidate

User avatar
Mort_the_Tort
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:23 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Mort_the_Tort » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:31 pm

i agree with LS22's analysis above

this year's applicant pool is very interesting, with fewer applicants, fewer high-scorers, almost an exodus from law to other fields of graduate/professional study or direct work

i agree with the sentiment that they're waiting a bit longer to see who else applies in the December LSAT test-taker wave and will grant those individuals JS1's and those individuals will be evaluated against those with December JS1's who are still waiting

User avatar
nothingtosee
Posts: 865
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 12:08 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby nothingtosee » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:33 pm

What's the shortest js1-->js2 turnaround so far?

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Kimikho » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:33 pm

ohpobrecito wrote:I don't understand why JSJK doesn't have more votes. Classic.

:|

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:34 pm

Gary wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:
pseu wrote:
Mort_the_Tort wrote:¿ tomorrow ?


My new theory, especially since we seem overdue, is that JS is monitoring this thread, and she puts off JS2s whenever we predict a day

Whoever predicted Thursday a few days ago looks like they may have made a good guess, otherwise it will be very surprising how long we have waited since the last round of calls.


I'm not that surprised. I said a while back that they were probably going to wait longer than normal, because they wanted to see how the applicants were shaping up. My theory was they were a little disappointed with what they had seen so far, and would wait until more December people applied. Then they extended the application deadline, which made me believe this even more. Lots of people disagreed with my theory though FWIW :lol: We still won't ever know "why" they're taking longer, but that's my guess anyway.


Based on your theory ls22, how long do you think they're going to put off new acceptances?


Haha no idea, because my theory is based on not a whole lot of data (though there is some). But based on some other info I have, I don't think they're going to go that far into February. Also, there should be a nice chunk of December applicants who will be having JS1's soon that will probably be lumped into the next couple waves. So we could see a lot of decisions in the next week or two.
Last edited by lawschool22 on Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby drawstring » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:34 pm

I won't hurt your medians JS........

User avatar
Mort_the_Tort
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:23 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Mort_the_Tort » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:35 pm

so in short, it means we won't hear anything perhaps until the end of January, or perhaps, worst case, even right up until Feb scores come out and a new "wave" of applicants emerges

User avatar
patfeeney
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby patfeeney » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:51 pm

drawstring wrote:I won't hurt your medians JS........


...
drawstring wrote:I won't hurt both of your medians JS........


Now this applies to my own case.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:33 am

Mort_the_Tort wrote:so in short, it means we won't hear anything perhaps until the end of January, or perhaps, worst case, even right up until Feb scores come out and a new "wave" of applicants emerges


I still feel like we will see some JS2's before the weekend.

User avatar
Mort_the_Tort
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:23 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Mort_the_Tort » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:44 am

¿ tomorrow ?

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby wtrc » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:03 am

JsMaybe has made such an overnight comeback!!

We might have a runoff round between 2 or even 3, depending on when decisions start.

edwardt1988
Posts: 365
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby edwardt1988 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:05 am

Well, everyday without a JSNo or JSJk I'm happy, sooo yea. Also, not sure we can say that they are late with January JS2s. The past 2 years they came around Mid January, and this year the way the holiday fell right in the middle of the week it may have pushed those dates back a bit.

xmbeckham
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:36 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby xmbeckham » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:29 am

Hi I'm new here. Submitted on 12/20 and went complete on 1/13. How long do people typically wait before they get the interview invite? How many have been admitted so far?

User avatar
nothingtosee
Posts: 865
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 12:08 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby nothingtosee » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:33 am

xmbeckham wrote:Hi I'm new here. Submitted on 12/20 and went complete on 1/13. How long do people typically wait before they get the interview invite? How many have been admitted so far?



Put your data in here and look around.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

It answers a lot of your questions.

User avatar
residentemma
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:54 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby residentemma » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:34 am

nothingtosee wrote:What's the shortest js1-->js2 turnaround so far?


According to the spreadsheet I think 8 days... if onlyyy

politics89
Posts: 377
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:50 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby politics89 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:49 am

Ugh I just tried to edit my data on the spreadsheet and the two people above me's got messed up because work only lets us use IE. Does someone know how to fix it?

Sorry guys :cry:

User avatar
nothingtosee
Posts: 865
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 12:08 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby nothingtosee » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:50 am

residentemma wrote:
nothingtosee wrote:What's the shortest js1-->js2 turnaround so far?


According to the spreadsheet I think 8 days... if onlyyy



Well then maybe JS2's can hold off for a week or two :P

User avatar
MrMileyCyrus
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:23 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby MrMileyCyrus » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:18 am


User avatar
bbkk
Posts: 728
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:28 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby bbkk » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:32 am



:lol:

User avatar
residentemma
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:54 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby residentemma » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:11 pm

nothingtosee wrote:
residentemma wrote:
nothingtosee wrote:What's the shortest js1-->js2 turnaround so far?


According to the spreadsheet I think 8 days... if onlyyy



Well then maybe JS2's can hold off for a week or two :P


I have the same thought :P JS1 on 1/10

User avatar
mirroroferised7
Posts: 615
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:35 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby mirroroferised7 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:16 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
pseu wrote:
Mort_the_Tort wrote:¿ tomorrow ?


My new theory, especially since we seem overdue, is that JS is monitoring this thread, and she puts off JS2s whenever we predict a day

Whoever predicted Thursday a few days ago looks like they may have made a good guess, otherwise it will be very surprising how long we have waited since the last round of calls.


I'm not that surprised. I said a while back that they were probably going to wait longer than normal, because they wanted to see how the applicants were shaping up. My theory was they were a little disappointed with what they had seen so far, and would wait until more December people applied. Then they extended the application deadline, which made me believe this even more. Lots of people disagreed with my theory though FWIW :lol: We still won't ever know "why" they're taking longer, but that's my guess anyway.


TITCR

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby drawstring » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:18 pm

JSMaybe for the win btw.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:21 pm

drawstring wrote:JSMaybe for the win btw.


but dat haz too many letterz

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby drawstring » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:51 pm

but it's so fitting




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, canafsa, mccracal, MSNbot Media, NotAGolfer, okf731, Yahoo [Bot] and 15 guests