Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Where are you in the Harvard application process?

I'm applying next year, just reading this thread to prepare
38
12%
Applying this year, I got an extension on my application
1
0%
I applied and haven't gotten a JS1 yet
64
20%
I applied and got a JS1, but haven't had it yet.
7
2%
I had my JS1 but I'm waiting for a magical phone call
43
13%
Already had my JS2, just here to help
62
19%
Waitlisted
61
19%
Dinged D:
49
15%
 
Total votes: 325

User avatar
nothingtosee
Posts: 865
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 12:08 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby nothingtosee » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:42 pm

If either of these two people from the spreadsheet are willing, I'd like you to shoot me a pm:
anon [171, 3.72]
ejan1621 [172, 3.77]

Thanks, and enjoy your holidays everyone!

User avatar
paglababa
Posts: 888
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:34 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby paglababa » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:05 pm

Um what, they are working today? Or are the JS1 emails automated? Still holding out for JS2 pre xmas! :( A guy can dream.

User avatar
t-14orbust
Posts: 2064
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby t-14orbust » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:17 pm

paglababa wrote:Um what, they are working today? Or are the JS1 emails automated? Still holding out for JS2 pre xmas! :( A guy can dream.


I think they are. In their correspondence e-mails with me they mentioned that the office would be closed 12/25-1/2

User avatar
koalacity
Posts: 1162
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:56 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby koalacity » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:30 pm

t-14orbust wrote:
paglababa wrote:Um what, they are working today? Or are the JS1 emails automated? Still holding out for JS2 pre xmas! :( A guy can dream.


I think they are. In their correspondence e-mails with me they mentioned that the office would be closed 12/25-1/2

Hmm...interesting. Still attempting not to get my hopes up.

CURIOUSABOUTLAW
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:26 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby CURIOUSABOUTLAW » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:44 pm

nothingtosee wrote:If either of these two people from the spreadsheet are willing, I'd like you to shoot me a pm:
anon [171, 3.72]
ejan1621 [172, 3.77]

Thanks, and enjoy your holidays everyone!


love your avatar

User avatar
chicky
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:14 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby chicky » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:58 pm

koalacity wrote:So...does anyone know if JS1 invites get sent out all at once? Are they ever staggered throughout the day?

Asking for a friend


Def staggered! (I recently posted the same question coming from the exact same place, and jingo popped up with the same comforting answer - thanks (and congrats!) brah!) Bottom line, tell your friend to hold tight because good news could be right around the corner. And put bourbon in the eggnog: that helps.

paglababa wrote:Um what, they are working today? Or are the JS1 emails automated? Still holding out for JS2 pre xmas! :( A guy can dream.


The entire Harvard University system is formally closed for the holidays as of noon today. JS is probably not working OT on Christmas Eve, but hey, I don't know her life.

User avatar
jingosaur
Posts: 2196
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:33 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby jingosaur » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:02 pm

TBF, calling people and telling them that they got into Harvard Law has to be pretty fun.

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:15 pm

To everyone freaking out about not getting a JS2 yet, it's worth remembering that it's still crazy early into the admissions season. I'm pretty sure there's less than 200 people in the admitted students FB group still, which means we can pretty reasonably assume they've admitted less than a quarter of the people they'll eventually call. There is still lots of time for an admit.

CURIOUSABOUTLAW
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:26 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby CURIOUSABOUTLAW » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:09 pm

jingosaur wrote:TBF, calling people and telling them that they got into Harvard Law has to be pretty fun.


+1

Calvin Johnson
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:20 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Calvin Johnson » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:29 pm

So, it looks to me that on the spreadsheet the latest JS1 request date to be accepted is 12/3. The latest JS1 date is 12/11.

However, someone a few pages ago said they interviewed 12/12 and another claimed 12/17. Is this right? I think anyone with a JS1 request after 12/3 should still be feeling fine.

User avatar
tparks
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 2:01 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby tparks » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:30 pm

JS1 today, 4.0/170 with December 10ish complete date. Good Christmas present indeed

ga208
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby ga208 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:37 pm

Calvin Johnson wrote:So, it looks to me that on the spreadsheet the latest JS1 request date to be accepted is 12/3. The latest JS1 date is 12/11.

However, someone a few pages ago said they interviewed 12/12 and another claimed 12/17. Is this right? I think anyone with a JS1 request after 12/3 should still be feeling fine.


From the info reported here and on LSN, it appears that the interview date has no correlation at all to the acceptance date. There is more of a correlation between the original application/complete date and acceptance date (but even that is a loose correlation).

User avatar
koalacity
Posts: 1162
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:56 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby koalacity » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:16 pm

tparks wrote:JS1 today, 4.0/170 with December 10ish complete date. Good Christmas present indeed

Congratulations!!! Can I ask what time you got the email?

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby drawstring » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:24 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:To everyone freaking out about not getting a JS2 yet, it's worth remembering that it's still crazy early into the admissions season. I'm pretty sure there's less than 200 people in the admitted students FB group still, which means we can pretty reasonably assume they've admitted less than a quarter of the people they'll eventually call. There is still lots of time for an admit.


True, but dat wait and uncertainty.............

I was taking a look at past admissions timelines on http://mylsn.info/whenwilliknow.php and it was hard for me to reach many conclusions relevant to those in my position. It seems like in the past interviews would go out later than they are now (e.g. many October applicants got them in December or January), so applicants who applied in Oct or Nov and have not heard back may not have as high a chance of being accepted in January or February as depicted in those graphs. Then again, virtually everyone who got waitlisted or rejected had lower numbers than several of us who are still waiting, so I am cautiously hopeful.

As for people who interviewed in December, I think there is still plenty of hope for a JS2 early in the new year. Also, congrats to the new JS1s!!!

User avatar
tparks
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 2:01 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby tparks » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:07 pm

koalacity wrote:
tparks wrote:JS1 today, 4.0/170 with December 10ish complete date. Good Christmas present indeed

Congratulations!!! Can I ask what time you got the email?


Thanks! Gmail says I got it around 8:30 am Eastern time. Pretty early if you ask me, especially on Christmas Eve. Why are these people working today?

User avatar
pokemonsters
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:58 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby pokemonsters » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:49 pm

I also got my interview request this morning around 10:30 am.
177 lsat around median gpa
About what percentage of people who get interviews are admitted?

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby drawstring » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:50 pm

pokemonsters wrote:I also got my interview request this morning around 10:30 am.
177 lsat around median gpa
About what percentage of people who get interviews are admitted?


I think about 66-70 in past cycles
Last edited by drawstring on Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:50 pm

pokemonsters wrote:I also got my interview request this morning around 10:30 am.
177 lsat around median gpa
About what percentage of people who get interviews are admitted?


A little over 70%.
eta: scooped

CURIOUSABOUTLAW
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:26 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby CURIOUSABOUTLAW » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:55 pm

I know this is wild and it's already late, but I believe we'll see JS2s today.

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby drawstring » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:56 pm

Past 5 EST on Christmas eve? I doubt it...

User avatar
Gary
Posts: 338
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 8:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Gary » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:06 pm

CURIOUSABOUTLAW wrote:I know this is wild and it's already late, but I believe we'll see JS2s today.


Is this insider info or is this baseless speculation lol :shock:

tls2175
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:09 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby tls2175 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:30 pm

CURIOUSABOUTLAW wrote:I know this is wild and it's already late, but I believe we'll see JS2s today.

I had a bounce-back email from someone in the admissions office saying that the office closes at noon today.

But I'm sure there will be a large wave towards the beginning on the new year!

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:47 pm

Yep they have to be finished by now. See you next year, JS!

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby drawstring » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:57 pm

Does anyone know who answers the emails to jdamissions :?: I want someone involved in decision making to look at my file and see my name again...

User avatar
kershka
Posts: 630
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby kershka » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:42 pm

drawstring wrote:Does anyone know who answers the emails to jdamissions :?: I want someone involved in decision making to look at my file and see my name again...


When I sent in a change of address update, someone named Angela sent the response. I imagine that any substantive change (grades, new LSAT, additional essays, etc) will be added to your file and come to the attention of JS et al though. Any such changes to a file which has already been offered a JS1 but not yet been selected for admission or rejection would probably be of particular interest to the admissions people.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bleakchimera2, Christinabruin, Leliana, Long shot hero, Yahoo [Bot] and 11 guests