Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Where are you in the Harvard application process?

I'm applying next year, just reading this thread to prepare
38
12%
Applying this year, I got an extension on my application
1
0%
I applied and haven't gotten a JS1 yet
64
20%
I applied and got a JS1, but haven't had it yet.
7
2%
I had my JS1 but I'm waiting for a magical phone call
43
13%
Already had my JS2, just here to help
62
19%
Waitlisted
61
19%
Dinged D:
49
15%
 
Total votes: 325

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby applelover » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:17 am

Congrats to all the other people who received a JS2 yesterday. Thank you to the people ITT have been extremely supportive/ calmed my anxiety during the long wait. I have finally calmed down from my initial excitement.

To all those still waiting for JS2s: they didn't call in chronological order, so don't fret if your interview date seems to have been skipped over.

Scoobers I'm pulling for you to get a JS1.

User avatar
Poison
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:53 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Poison » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:37 am

Congrats to everyone who got a JS2 already!

For joint degree applicants, is there any indication that getting in to one school improves your odds of getting in to the other? I was admitted to HBS last week, and I'm hoping that helps push me across the line to a JS2 this week.

cruxisfalcon
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:00 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby cruxisfalcon » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:08 am

Any idea on how they notify you if you miss the call? Just left the country for vacation today, so no phone for 3 weeks. Do they send an email if they can't reach you?

User avatar
Poison
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:53 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Poison » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:40 am

cruxisfalcon wrote:Any idea on how they notify you if you miss the call? Just left the country for vacation today, so no phone for 3 weeks. Do they send an email if they can't reach you?


I assume so. Several people reported receiving official e-mails after their JS2 yesterday. I would expect an e-mail if the call doesn't go through. Enjoy the vacay!

<fingers crossed>

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:49 am

Congratulations again to everyone who got their JS2 yesterday. Hoping today shapes up to be round 2!

User avatar
jingosaur
Posts: 2195
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:33 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby jingosaur » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:54 am

Congrats MDLG and all of the others who got JS2s yesterday!!!

User avatar
ShrimpToastMasters
Posts: 411
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby ShrimpToastMasters » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:10 am

jingosaur wrote:Congrats MDLG and all of the others who got JS2s yesterday!!!


CONGRATS EVERYONE!!!!! MDLG, CITRUS, AND APPLE - LOOKING AT Y'ALL ESPECIALLY!!!!!!

Also - one day not on TLS, and look how much stuff I miss :P

User avatar
schnaupal
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:27 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby schnaupal » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:52 am

For those of you still waiting on a JS1 email, just wanted to let you know I received one about an hour ago. (Went complete on 12/3.) Don't lose hope!

User avatar
Poison
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:53 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Poison » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:56 am

schnaupal wrote:For those of you still waiting on a JS1 email, just wanted to let you know I received one about an hour ago. (Went complete on 12/3.) Don't lose hope!


Congrats! Looks like they're awake in Cambridge.

Instinctive
Posts: 436
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:23 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Instinctive » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:14 pm

Poison wrote:Congrats to everyone who got a JS2 already!

For joint degree applicants, is there any indication that getting in to one school improves your odds of getting in to the other? I was admitted to HBS last week, and I'm hoping that helps push me across the line to a JS2 this week.


My HLS acceptance is absolutely going to my HBS app, which I have been waiting to submit for that very reason.



Nobody at either school has specifically said it helps, but at both schools they said you should tell the other one because they don't communicate about that stuff all that often.

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby applelover » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:16 pm

ShrimpToastMasters wrote:
jingosaur wrote:Congrats MDLG and all of the others who got JS2s yesterday!!!


CONGRATS EVERYONE!!!!! MDLG, CITRUS, AND APPLE - LOOKING AT Y'ALL ESPECIALLY!!!!!!

Also - one day not on TLS, and look how much stuff I miss :P


Thanks Citris!!

User avatar
Toby Ziegler
Posts: 701
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 2:59 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Toby Ziegler » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:18 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:JS2 can't even process brb

!!!!! So much congrats! I have followed your cycle since your amazing retake, so pumped for you Mos Dang! :D

User avatar
ShrimpToastMasters
Posts: 411
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby ShrimpToastMasters » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:46 pm

applelover wrote:
ShrimpToastMasters wrote:
jingosaur wrote:Congrats MDLG and all of the others who got JS2s yesterday!!!


CONGRATS EVERYONE!!!!! MDLG, CITRUS, AND APPLE - LOOKING AT Y'ALL ESPECIALLY!!!!!!

Also - one day not on TLS, and look how much stuff I miss :P


Thanks Citris!!


And by that, I hope you meant thank you Shrimps :P

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:28 pm

Thanks to everyone! And congrats to everyone who got a JS2 yesterday! I look forward to seeing a whole bunch more of you get your JS2s and JS1s in the near future. :)

User avatar
rule615
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:55 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby rule615 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:37 pm

JS1 today!!!!

Complete 11/14. Stats about 25th LSAT, 75th GPA

User avatar
gingerspice
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:42 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby gingerspice » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:39 pm

I got a JS2!!

174/3.9, JS1 November 20.

Got it today, to be clear.

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby wtrc » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:40 pm

gingerspice wrote:I got a JS2!!

174/3.9, JS1 November 20.

Got it today, to be clear.


Congrats!!! Just now?!
Last edited by wtrc on Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:40 pm

gingerspice wrote:I got a JS2!!

174/3.9, JS1 November 20.

Got it today, to be clear.


If this is true...here we go...

User avatar
LEPWU
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:19 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby LEPWU » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:41 pm

rule615 wrote:JS1 today!!!!

Complete 11/14. Stats about 25th LSAT, 75th GPA


Fantastic! Congratulations!!

User avatar
jingosaur
Posts: 2195
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:33 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby jingosaur » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:42 pm

Time to FREAK OUT!!!!

Image


Yes, I'm posting this GIF every time decisions go out at a school I expect a decision from.

Workingtitle
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:05 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Workingtitle » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:44 pm

gingerspice wrote:I got a JS2!!

174/3.9, JS1 November 20.

Got it today, to be clear.


Congrats ginger!

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:45 pm

jingosaur wrote:Time to FREAK OUT!!!!

Image


Yes, I'm posting this GIF every time decisions go out at a school I expect a decision from.


It's a great GIF lol. My freaking out will REALLY commence once the first December JS1 comes in w/ a JS2...

CURIOUSABOUTLAW
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:26 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby CURIOUSABOUTLAW » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:46 pm

gingerspice wrote:I got a JS2!!

174/3.9, JS1 November 20.

Got it today, to be clear.


OMG awesome. It begins again.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:51 pm

Just so you guys know, I'm saving post 1,000 for either a JS2 or a Merry Christmas post. So if I get a JS2 today or tomorrow (doubtful, but stranger things have happened in my life) I may not be able to tell you until after a fair amount of shitpoasting. Or maybe JS will time it perfectly.

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:51 pm

lawschool22 wrote:Just so you guys know, I'm saving post 1,000 for either a JS2 or a Merry Christmas post. So if I get a JS2 today or tomorrow (doubtful, but stranger things have happened in my life) I may not be able to tell you until after a fair amount of shitpoasting. Or maybe JS will time it perfectly.


pro-shitpoasting




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Fantasyfreak294, Google Adsense [Bot] and 13 guests