Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Where are you in the Harvard application process?

I'm applying next year, just reading this thread to prepare
38
12%
Applying this year, I got an extension on my application
1
0%
I applied and haven't gotten a JS1 yet
64
20%
I applied and got a JS1, but haven't had it yet.
7
2%
I had my JS1 but I'm waiting for a magical phone call
43
13%
Already had my JS2, just here to help
62
19%
Waitlisted
61
19%
Dinged D:
49
15%
 
Total votes: 325

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby wtrc » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:37 am

Today?

edwardt1988
Posts: 365
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby edwardt1988 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:30 am

JS1!!!!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
ShrimpToastMasters
Posts: 411
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby ShrimpToastMasters » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:34 am

edwardt1988 wrote:JS1!!!!!!!!!!!!


YAY CONGRATS!!!!!!

now you need to post all relevant info

edwardt1988
Posts: 365
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby edwardt1988 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:36 am

ShrimpToastMasters wrote:
edwardt1988 wrote:JS1!!!!!!!!!!!!


YAY CONGRATS!!!!!!

now you need to post all relevant info


Lol.

Submitted 11/12
Complete 11/19 (got the complete e-mail 11/21 for some reason)
177/3.65

edwardt1988
Posts: 365
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby edwardt1988 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:50 am

Also, there seems to be a bunch of spots open, so I'm sure there's more JS1s on the way

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:53 am

edwardt1988 wrote:Also, there seems to be a bunch of spots open, so I'm sure there's more JS1s on the way


That right there is a golden post, I should think.

User avatar
chicky
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:14 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby chicky » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:57 am

edwardt1988 wrote:Also, there seems to be a bunch of spots open, so I'm sure there's more JS1s on the way


Brb being paralyzed with fear-hope for the next 48 hours.

Side note: did it take anyone else forever to go complete? I submitted mid-Nov but didn't go complete until last week (and all my transcripts and LORs were in before I submitted). Probably just Thanksgiving getting in the way, but still seemed really drawn out.


edited for grammar.
Last edited by chicky on Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
gb47
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:23 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby gb47 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:07 am

Got a JS1 as well. Submitted in mid November, went complete last week.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:08 am

Congrats to the JS1's so far! It's exciting news

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:12 am

Do JS1's usually mean no JS2's?

User avatar
almondjoy
Posts: 235
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:35 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby almondjoy » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:13 am

lawschool22 wrote:Do JS1's usually mean no JS2's?

Wondering this as well

User avatar
lastsamurai
Posts: 978
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:17 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lastsamurai » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:15 am

almondjoy wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:Do JS1's usually mean no JS2's?

Wondering this as well


We only have 2 JS2 days to go off this cycle, but looks like JS1s came out on both of those days, so anything's possible!

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby wtrc » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:15 am

lawschool22 wrote:Do JS1's usually mean no JS2's?


In the past no. In fact I think the first round of JS2's was on a day with JS1's as well, but someone can confirm this.

scooped (and confirmed)

User avatar
neprep
Posts: 1066
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:16 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby neprep » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:16 am

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
edwardt1988 wrote:Also, there seems to be a bunch of spots open, so I'm sure there's more JS1s on the way


That right there is a golden post, I should think.


:shock:

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:19 am

lastsamurai wrote:
almondjoy wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:Do JS1's usually mean no JS2's?

Wondering this as well


We only have 2 JS2 days to go off this cycle, but looks like JS1s came out on both of those days, so anything's possible!


Great, thank you!

User avatar
neprep
Posts: 1066
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:16 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby neprep » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:35 am

gb47 wrote:Got a JS1 as well. Submitted in mid November, went complete last week.


That's great; congrats! Very quick turn around time for a JS1. Do you mind sharing your stats?

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby applelover » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:57 am

JS, I know you hate TLS and if I get a JS2, I promise to abandon ship and never post again!




After I notify some people

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:59 am

applelover wrote:JS, I know you hate TLS and if I get a JS2, I promise to abandon ship and never post again!




After I notify some people


+1 Also, do we know what it is specifically that she hates about TLS? Just curious

User avatar
neprep
Posts: 1066
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:16 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby neprep » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:00 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
applelover wrote:JS, I know you hate TLS and if I get a JS2, I promise to abandon ship and never post again!




After I notify some people


+1 Also, do we know what it is specifically that she hates about TLS? Just curious


She hates those people who try to make spreadsheets and analyze status checker dates and what not.



JK

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:01 pm

neprep wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:
applelover wrote:JS, I know you hate TLS and if I get a JS2, I promise to abandon ship and never post again!




After I notify some people


+1 Also, do we know what it is specifically that she hates about TLS? Just curious


She hates those people who try to make spreadsheets and analyze status checker dates and what not.



JK


:D

Edit: Although I could see how an office wouldn't like that much transparency into their timing and acceptance data for competitive reasons. Not that our data is really representative across the entire applicant pool as a whole, so it would be of limited use.

User avatar
The-Specs
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby The-Specs » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:10 pm

lawschool22 wrote:Do JS1's usually mean no JS2's?


On the day I got my JS2 I made a fool of myself by claiming that there would be no JS2's because there had been JS1's that morning. I am so glad that I was wrong. I am sure there will be some JS2's today.

Congrats to the new JS1's and Good Luck everyone!!

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:15 pm

The-Specs wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:Do JS1's usually mean no JS2's?


On the day I got my JS2 I made a fool of myself by claiming that there would be no JS2's because there had been JS1's that morning. I am so glad that I was wrong. I am sure there will be some JS2's today.

Congrats to the new JS1's and Good Luck everyone!!


Ah yes, I remember that now. I think your original post is what was sticking in my mind when I thought that JS1s = no JS2s. I am glad you were wrong as well :D It worked out in your favor!

User avatar
lastsamurai
Posts: 978
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:17 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lastsamurai » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:15 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
+1 Also, do we know what it is specifically that she hates about TLS? Just curious


Might want to check out the page on the link below. Seems that sinfiery brought up TLS in a JS1 last year, and it didn't go over too well...

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=191773&p=6302592&hilit=+harvard#p6302592

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby applelover » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:18 pm

lastsamurai wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:
+1 Also, do we know what it is specifically that she hates about TLS? Just curious


Might want to check out the page on the link below. Seems that sinfiery brought up TLS in a JS1 last year, and it didn't go over too well...

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=191773&p=6302592&hilit=+harvard#p6302592


I remember this! I would never mention TLS in an interview. I did tell my advisors about it though.

PS Samurai ignore my anxious PMs

EDIT: I would like to know what he and JS debated about though.
Last edited by applelover on Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:20 pm

lastsamurai wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:
+1 Also, do we know what it is specifically that she hates about TLS? Just curious


Might want to check out the page on the link below. Seems that sinfiery brought up TLS in a JS1 last year, and it didn't go over too well...

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=191773&p=6302592&hilit=+harvard#p6302592


I want to hear the full story :D




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: smashbash, yayalsat and 8 guests