Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Where are you in the Harvard application process?

I'm applying next year, just reading this thread to prepare
38
12%
Applying this year, I got an extension on my application
1
0%
I applied and haven't gotten a JS1 yet
64
20%
I applied and got a JS1, but haven't had it yet.
7
2%
I had my JS1 but I'm waiting for a magical phone call
43
13%
Already had my JS2, just here to help
62
19%
Waitlisted
61
19%
Dinged D:
49
15%
 
Total votes: 325

User avatar
jingosaur
Posts: 2212
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:33 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby jingosaur » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:38 pm

t-14orbust wrote:
dobryden wrote:I still have my fingers crossed for JS2s today. That would be the best news ever to share with family at Thanksgiving! Here's hoping!


I'm ready to say that nothing's happening today, but the last time I said that was Monday and then they made a bunch of JS2s.

User avatar
jingosaur
Posts: 2212
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:33 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby jingosaur » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:39 pm

t-14orbust wrote:Sources confirm that there are JS1s scheduled for today and cars parked in front of the admissions building. Hopefully this means more JS2s today.


Wow.

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:42 pm

jingosaur wrote:
t-14orbust wrote:Sources confirm that there are JS1s scheduled for today and cars parked in front of the admissions building. Hopefully this means more JS2s today.


Wow.


this is a new low.

User avatar
t-14orbust
Posts: 2065
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby t-14orbust » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:57 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
jingosaur wrote:
t-14orbust wrote:Sources confirm that there are JS1s scheduled for today and cars parked in front of the admissions building. Hopefully this means more JS2s today.


Wow.


this is a new high.

User avatar
midwest17
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:27 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby midwest17 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:05 pm

t-14orbust wrote:
barrelofmonkeys wrote:
jingosaur wrote:
t-14orbust wrote:Sources confirm that there are JS1s scheduled for today and cars parked in front of the admissions building. Hopefully this means more JS2s today.


Wow.


this is a new high.


Someone should set up a web cam across the street from the admissions office.

User avatar
AAJD2B
Posts: 871
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:37 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby AAJD2B » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:07 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
jingosaur wrote:
t-14orbust wrote:Sources confirm that there are JS1s scheduled for today and cars parked in front of the admissions building. Hopefully this means more JS2s today.


Wow.


this is a new low.


This is TLS. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
jingosaur
Posts: 2212
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:33 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby jingosaur » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:08 pm

midwest17 wrote:
Someone should set up a web cam across the street from the admissions office.


Do we have info on which car each Adcom drives? Can they work remote?

User avatar
midwest17
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:27 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby midwest17 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:09 pm

jingosaur wrote:
midwest17 wrote:
Someone should set up a web cam across the street from the admissions office.


Do we have info on which car each Adcom drives? Can they work remote?


Next JS2 should be sure to ask while JS is on the phone.

User avatar
dobryden
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby dobryden » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:12 pm

midwest17 wrote:
jingosaur wrote:
midwest17 wrote:
Someone should set up a web cam across the street from the admissions office.


Do we have info on which car each Adcom drives? Can they work remote?


Next JS2 should be sure to ask while JS is on the phone.


I volunteer as tribute.

User avatar
midwest17
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:27 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby midwest17 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:17 pm

dobryden wrote:
midwest17 wrote:
jingosaur wrote:
midwest17 wrote:
Someone should set up a web cam across the street from the admissions office.


Do we have info on which car each Adcom drives? Can they work remote?


Next JS2 should be sure to ask while JS is on the phone.


I volunteer as tribute.


I see what you did there.

User avatar
koalacity
Posts: 1162
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:56 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby koalacity » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:20 pm

AAJD2B wrote:
barrelofmonkeys wrote:
jingosaur wrote:
t-14orbust wrote:Sources confirm that there are JS1s scheduled for today and cars parked in front of the admissions building. Hopefully this means more JS2s today.


Wow.


this is a new low.


This is TLS. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And we wonder why JS has a reputed disdain for TLS...

not that I'm judging

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:48 pm

I'm gonna go ahead and guess no more JS2s today. I imagine they are getting some more JS1s in and then calling it an early day. (Of course, I'll be very happy if I'm wrong!)

User avatar
goldenflash19
Posts: 477
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:15 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby goldenflash19 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:01 pm

Went complete yesterday, received request for JS1 today, can't believe the quick turnaround

User avatar
illyria
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:26 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby illyria » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:10 pm

Just got a JS1 email!
If those who have already had their JS1 could PM me with specific questions, I would really appreciate it.
Questions relevant to K-JD would be particularly helpful.

User avatar
jingosaur
Posts: 2212
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:33 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby jingosaur » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:13 pm

illyria wrote:Just got a JS1 email!
If those who have already had their JS1 could PM me with specific questions, I would really appreciate it.
Questions relevant to K-JD would be particularly helpful.


When did you go complete?

No JS1 e-mail for me yet. Congrats to you and goldenflash.

NapoleonXV
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:29 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby NapoleonXV » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:18 pm

illyria wrote:Just got a JS1 email!
If those who have already had their JS1 could PM me with specific questions, I would really appreciate it.
Questions relevant to K-JD would be particularly helpful.


I am K-JD but the questions I got were pretty standard ones.

User avatar
HorseThief
Posts: 713
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:45 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby HorseThief » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:24 pm

illyria wrote:Just got a JS1 email!
If those who have already had their JS1 could PM me with specific questions, I would really appreciate it.
Questions relevant to K-JD would be particularly helpful.


illyria, just read the general interview thread and prep for those questions. So far it seems to be spot on. And for k-JD, make sure you know why law, why now, and maybe what you'd do if you took 1-2 years off.

Edit: Oh yeah, and congrats!

User avatar
illyria
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:26 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby illyria » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:30 pm

Thanks! :)

User avatar
Leo
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:58 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Leo » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:32 pm

Checking in.

11/13 - Application complete
11/25 - JS1 requested
12/5 - JS1 scheduled

User avatar
jingosaur
Posts: 2212
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:33 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby jingosaur » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:55 pm

JS1!!

Numbers in spreadsheet and all throughout my post history.

User avatar
neprep
Posts: 1066
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:16 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby neprep » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:12 pm

jingosaur wrote:JS1!!

Numbers in spreadsheet and all throughout my post history.


Image

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:17 pm

neprep wrote:
jingosaur wrote:JS1!!

Numbers in spreadsheet and all throughout my post history.


Image


nep our time is soon bb

User avatar
jingosaur
Posts: 2212
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:33 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby jingosaur » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:19 pm

BTW, they don't go out all at once. People reported getting JS1s today well before I got mine. Best of luck to everyone still waiting!!!

User avatar
neprep
Posts: 1066
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:16 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby neprep » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:21 pm

jingosaur wrote:BTW, they don't go out all at once. People reported getting JS1s today well before I got mine. Best of luck to everyone still waiting!!!


Wait Jingo…you're applying for a JD/MBA, right? So how's your HBS app going? Isn't that way more intense?

User avatar
jingosaur
Posts: 2212
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:33 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby jingosaur » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:42 pm

neprep wrote:
jingosaur wrote:BTW, they don't go out all at once. People reported getting JS1s today well before I got mine. Best of luck to everyone still waiting!!!


Wait Jingo…you're applying for a JD/MBA, right? So how's your HBS app going? Isn't that way more intense?


I did not apply to the Harvard JD/MBA program. The game plan is to get into HLS and then apply to the JD/MBA program as a 1L. I think I can put in a much better MBA application next year than I can this year since I lack corporate leadership experience and that's what they look for. If I don't hit HBS as a 1L, I'd still be really content with doing just HLS since their business network is so big and they have a lot of great resources for business and law.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”