Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Where are you in the Harvard application process?

I'm applying next year, just reading this thread to prepare
38
12%
Applying this year, I got an extension on my application
1
0%
I applied and haven't gotten a JS1 yet
64
20%
I applied and got a JS1, but haven't had it yet.
7
2%
I had my JS1 but I'm waiting for a magical phone call
43
13%
Already had my JS2, just here to help
62
19%
Waitlisted
61
19%
Dinged D:
49
15%
 
Total votes: 325

User avatar
jingosaur
Posts: 2206
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:33 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby jingosaur » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:51 pm

I just sitting here waiting on the JS1 :(

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Kimikho » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:55 pm

jingosaur wrote:I just sitting here waiting on the JS1 :(


better than sitting waiting for a complete :|

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:57 pm

jingosaur wrote:I just sitting here waiting on the JS1 :(


When'd you go complete?

User avatar
jingosaur
Posts: 2206
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:33 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby jingosaur » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:08 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:
jingosaur wrote:I just sitting here waiting on the JS1 :(


When'd you go complete?


11/12 according to status checker.

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby applelover » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:12 pm

jingosaur wrote:
TheMostDangerousLG wrote:
jingosaur wrote:I just sitting here waiting on the JS1 :(


When'd you go complete?


11/12 according to status checker.


you still have time! They give out JS1s after they finish reviewing your file. They probably haven't finished yet.

User avatar
metroidbum
Posts: 906
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:51 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby metroidbum » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:23 pm

How soon after a JS1 do people typically hear back?

NoDayButToday
Posts: 1031
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:34 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby NoDayButToday » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:28 pm

.
Last edited by NoDayButToday on Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:36 pm

jingosaur wrote:
TheMostDangerousLG wrote:
jingosaur wrote:I just sitting here waiting on the JS1 :(


When'd you go complete?


11/12 according to status checker.


LESS THAN TWO WEEKS AGO? You shut your face.

So many people in this thread worrying about not getting a JS1 way, way too early in..

NoDayButToday wrote:Are there several rounds of JS1?


Yes, there are lots of rounds of JS1 invites.
Last edited by TheMostDangerousLG on Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NoDayButToday
Posts: 1031
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:34 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby NoDayButToday » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:46 pm

.
Last edited by NoDayButToday on Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby drawstring » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:50 pm

NoDayButToday wrote:Also, speaking of status checkers, is "Application complete" the only status change throughout the process? Or is there an "Under review" designation?

Thanks!


I got my JS1 invite while at complete, which is where I'm still at (had my JS1 a week or so ago). I don't think there is an 'under review' designation, but I'm not sure.

NoDayButToday
Posts: 1031
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:34 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby NoDayButToday » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:13 pm

.
Last edited by NoDayButToday on Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby drawstring » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:39 pm

So, are we expecting them to give out the first wave of JS2's in roughly chronological order?

(e.g. early Sept applicants> late Sept> early Oct> late Oct)

theoutpostmhs
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:16 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby theoutpostmhs » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:48 pm

Can someone explain what js1 js2 are? I know they refer to interviews (that's all I know) but what they mean exactly, when they are requested etc

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby drawstring » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:52 pm

JS1s are interviews given out to about 1000-1200 applicants, of which 66-70 percent are accepted. You get interviewed by a member of the admissions committee over Skype, with each interview lasting around 10-20 minutes or so. The type of questions vary by interviewer, with some asking general questions and others asking questions more tailored to the applicant's file. Presumably, your interview performance plays a role in the decision to admit you or not. When they are requested varies; I got mine only a couple days after going complete on the status checker, while other people have to wait for weeks after going complete.

JS2s are acceptance calls.

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2242
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Nonconsecutive » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:53 pm

Liking the looks of this poll, of course I'm JS0 so it doesn't matter for me, but its still exciting for those waiting. :D

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby applelover » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:54 pm

I really hope JS2s start tomorrow.

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby drawstring » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:55 pm

applelover wrote:I really hope JS2s start tomorrow.


x2

theoutpostmhs
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:16 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby theoutpostmhs » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:02 pm

drawstring wrote:JS1s are interviews given out to about 1000-1200 applicants, of which 66-70 percent are accepted. You get interviewed by a member of the admissions committee over Skype, with each interview lasting around 10-20 minutes or so. The type of questions vary by interviewer, with some asking general questions and others asking questions more tailored to the applicant's file. Presumably, your interview performance plays a role in the decision to admit you or not. When they are requested varies; I got mine only a couple days after going complete on the status checker, while other people have to wait for weeks after going complete.

JS2s are acceptance calls.


So if someone hasn't received an interview request yet, they can assume they haven't gotten in?

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby drawstring » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:02 pm

theoutpostmhs wrote:
drawstring wrote:JS1s are interviews given out to about 1000-1200 applicants, of which 66-70 percent are accepted. You get interviewed by a member of the admissions committee over Skype, with each interview lasting around 10-20 minutes or so. The type of questions vary by interviewer, with some asking general questions and others asking questions more tailored to the applicant's file. Presumably, your interview performance plays a role in the decision to admit you or not. When they are requested varies; I got mine only a couple days after going complete on the status checker, while other people have to wait for weeks after going complete.

JS2s are acceptance calls.


So if someone hasn't received an interview request yet, they can assume they haven't gotten in?


Correct. You must have been interviewed to be accepted.

theoutpostmhs
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:16 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby theoutpostmhs » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:03 pm

drawstring wrote:
theoutpostmhs wrote:
drawstring wrote:JS1s are interviews given out to about 1000-1200 applicants, of which 66-70 percent are accepted. You get interviewed by a member of the admissions committee over Skype, with each interview lasting around 10-20 minutes or so. The type of questions vary by interviewer, with some asking general questions and others asking questions more tailored to the applicant's file. Presumably, your interview performance plays a role in the decision to admit you or not. When they are requested varies; I got mine only a couple days after going complete on the status checker, while other people have to wait for weeks after going complete.

JS2s are acceptance calls.


So if someone hasn't received an interview request yet, they can assume they haven't gotten in?


Correct. You must have been interviewed to be accepted.


Thank you! So just to be clear, no more interview requests will be made?

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby drawstring » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:04 pm

A lot more interview requests will be made, it's just a matter of when they will make them.

theoutpostmhs
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:16 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby theoutpostmhs » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:05 pm

drawstring wrote:A lot more interview requests will be made, it's just a matter of when they will make them.


Oh okay, I understood your previous post to mean that all the requests have already been made, so those who hadn't received a request by now can assume they didn't get in. Thanks for all your help! Good luck to you :)

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby drawstring » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:06 pm

No problems. If you haven't been interviewed you won't be accepted in the first wave of JS2s probably going out this week, but there are many other waves to come!

Good luck

User avatar
The-Specs
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby The-Specs » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:07 pm

applelover wrote:I really hope JS2s start tomorrow.


I am pessimistic so I voted Tuesday but I am hoping for tomorrow as well. I think even for those of us who don't have any chance of getting in it will be nice to get the ball rolling.

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby applelover » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:22 pm

The-Specs wrote:
applelover wrote:I really hope JS2s start tomorrow.


I am pessimistic so I voted Tuesday but I am hoping for tomorrow as well. I think even for those of us who don't have any chance of getting in it will be nice to get the ball rolling.


we all have a chance of getting in : :D




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”