Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Where are you in the Harvard application process?

I'm applying next year, just reading this thread to prepare
38
12%
Applying this year, I got an extension on my application
1
0%
I applied and haven't gotten a JS1 yet
64
20%
I applied and got a JS1, but haven't had it yet.
7
2%
I had my JS1 but I'm waiting for a magical phone call
43
13%
Already had my JS2, just here to help
62
19%
Waitlisted
61
19%
Dinged D:
49
15%
 
Total votes: 325

User avatar
CitrusFruit
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:21 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby CitrusFruit » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:57 am

luckystar84 wrote:If the first batch of JS2s do come out this week as Specs predicts, does that mean people doing JS1s this week won't hear back next week? I don't remember there being 2 consecutive weeks of JS2s. Last year wasn't it week of xgiving, then not again until 12/03?


I would imagine that would be the case

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3098
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Lavitz » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:02 pm

If there are people doing JS1s this week, they will likely finish up all the interviews and then have only one batch of JS2s next week.

Also, why has nobody cross-posted Karen's statement here?

KarenButtenbaum wrote:Historically, as many of you probably know, the first wave of admit decisions comes out the week of Thanksgiving. I see no reason this will change this year. Please know that this is not the one and only time that a pre-Thanksgiving interview will be admitted. There will be subsequent admit waves post-Thanksgiving. :)

scoopDeeDoo
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:50 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby scoopDeeDoo » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:08 pm

..
Last edited by scoopDeeDoo on Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
t-14orbust
Posts: 2068
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby t-14orbust » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:01 pm

crazyrobin wrote:
The-Specs wrote:
I just about had a heart attack. I thought you were saying that you just got the first JS2 which admittedly makes no sense as it is a Sunday but my heart dropped into my stomach nonetheless.


Chill Specs. I still believe the first batch of Js2 should be out on turkey week.


But but my birthday is this week :(

User avatar
Sourrudedude
Posts: 415
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:34 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Sourrudedude » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:04 pm

t-14orbust wrote:
crazyrobin wrote:
The-Specs wrote:
I just about had a heart attack. I thought you were saying that you just got the first JS2 which admittedly makes no sense as it is a Sunday but my heart dropped into my stomach nonetheless.


Chill Specs. I still believe the first batch of Js2 should be out on turkey week.


But but my birthday is this week :(

I think this is pretty solid evidence that JS2s are coming this week.

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby wtrc » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:10 pm

A JS1 would be a lovely pre-Thanksgiving present.

User avatar
t-14orbust
Posts: 2068
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby t-14orbust » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:15 pm

Sourrudedude wrote:
t-14orbust wrote:
crazyrobin wrote:
The-Specs wrote:
I just about had a heart attack. I thought you were saying that you just got the first JS2 which admittedly makes no sense as it is a Sunday but my heart dropped into my stomach nonetheless.


Chill Specs. I still believe the first batch of Js2 should be out on turkey week.


But but my birthday is this week :(

I think this is pretty solid evidence that JS2s are coming this week.


10/10 would admit you

pinkrobot
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:53 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby pinkrobot » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:30 pm

Has anyone heard anything about HLS's interview granting process this year? Have they expanded it even more than last year? It seems like anybody who is at/above the 25% for LSAT or GPA gets an invite- there have got to be more than 1,200 applicants meeting that criteria.

User avatar
Jessasaurus
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:02 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Jessasaurus » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:59 pm

t-14orbust wrote:
crazyrobin wrote:
The-Specs wrote:
I just about had a heart attack. I thought you were saying that you just got the first JS2 which admittedly makes no sense as it is a Sunday but my heart dropped into my stomach nonetheless.


Chill Specs. I still believe the first batch of Js2 should be out on turkey week.


But but my birthday is this week :(


My birthday is this week too! Nothing would be better than a JS2.

User avatar
Jessasaurus
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:02 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Jessasaurus » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:02 pm

pinkrobot wrote:Has anyone heard anything about HLS's interview granting process this year? Have they expanded it even more than last year? It seems like anybody who is at/above the 25% for LSAT or GPA gets an invite- there have got to be more than 1,200 applicants meeting that criteria.


I think that people who get JS1's are more likely to be on this thread, thus it seems like everyone gets one. I know I didn't discover this thread until I found out I had gotten a JS1 and went to investigate it. There are definitely more applicants that meet that criteria.

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby wtrc » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:14 pm

Does the online status checker change once you get offered a JS1?

User avatar
andapieceoftoast
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:18 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby andapieceoftoast » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:19 pm

wtrc wrote:Does the online status checker change once you get offered a JS1?


The only thing that changes is the scheduling box in the bottom left. My "file complete" date didn't change.

User avatar
The-Specs
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby The-Specs » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:27 pm

Lavitz wrote:If there are people doing JS1s this week, they will likely finish up all the interviews and then have only one batch of JS2s next week.


But if they wait to finish the JS1's then the JS2's wouldn't come out until after Thanksgiving because there are open JS1 slots up until next wednesday the 27th.

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3098
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Lavitz » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:41 pm

The-Specs wrote:But if they wait to finish the JS1's then the JS2's wouldn't come out until after Thanksgiving because there are open JS1 slots up until next wednesday the 27th.

Ok.

If they're doing interviews during Thanksgiving week, then I guess they can come anytime.

That's why you're supposed to be analyzing the timeslots. This is Predicting Harvard Admissions 101, guys. :P

User avatar
Sourrudedude
Posts: 415
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:34 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Sourrudedude » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:50 pm

Lavitz wrote:
The-Specs wrote:But if they wait to finish the JS1's then the JS2's wouldn't come out until after Thanksgiving because there are open JS1 slots up until next wednesday the 27th.

Ok.

If they're doing interviews during Thanksgiving week, then I guess they can come anytime.

That's why you're supposed to be analyzing the timeslots. This is Predicting Harvard Admissions 101, guys. :P

When are you teaching that, Lavitz?

User avatar
paglababa
Posts: 888
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:34 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby paglababa » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:53 pm

Woohoo finally submitted my app today. Now the wait game begins. How long did it take you guys to get your JS1 interview?

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3098
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Lavitz » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:58 pm

Sourrudedude wrote:
Lavitz wrote:That's why you're supposed to be analyzing the timeslots. This is Predicting Harvard Admissions 101, guys. :P

When are you teaching that, Lavitz?

It's an online course. Available in three installments:

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby applelover » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:21 am

Tomorrow might be D-day for some people.

User avatar
HarvardHopeful
Posts: 204
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:55 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby HarvardHopeful » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:40 am

What makes you say that?

User avatar
djfududeman
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:49 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby djfududeman » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:43 am

applelover wrote:Tomorrow might be D-day for some people.


They better! Otherwise my online reputation as a prophet will be ruined :lol:

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby applelover » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:57 am

HarvardHopeful wrote:What makes you say that?


Some people ITT have been predicting that JS2s will come either this Tuesday or next Tuesday. I guess by tomorrow afternoon, we will know which date it is.

User avatar
turtles
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:23 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby turtles » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:55 am

applelover wrote:
HarvardHopeful wrote:What makes you say that?


Some people ITT have been predicting that JS2s will come either this Tuesday or next Tuesday. I guess by tomorrow afternoon, we will know which date it is.


is there any specific reason this was predicted?

Mr.PotatoHead
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:41 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Mr.PotatoHead » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:02 am

turtles wrote:
applelover wrote:
HarvardHopeful wrote:What makes you say that?


Some people ITT have been predicting that JS2s will come either this Tuesday or next Tuesday. I guess by tomorrow afternoon, we will know which date it is.


is there any specific reason this was predicted?


I didn't predict it, but my guess would be that it was predicted because last year, the first decisions came out on Tuesday, November 20th.

User avatar
CitrusFruit
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:21 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby CitrusFruit » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:33 am

Mr.PotatoHead wrote:
turtles wrote:
applelover wrote:
HarvardHopeful wrote:What makes you say that?


Some people ITT have been predicting that JS2s will come either this Tuesday or next Tuesday. I guess by tomorrow afternoon, we will know which date it is.


is there any specific reason this was predicted?


I didn't predict it, but my guess would be that it was predicted because last year, the first decisions came out on Tuesday, November 20th.


KBs quote leads me to believe it will be next week though

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby applelover » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:32 am

Probably. But I guess we shall see.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 9 guests