Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Where are you in the Harvard application process?

I'm applying next year, just reading this thread to prepare
38
12%
Applying this year, I got an extension on my application
1
0%
I applied and haven't gotten a JS1 yet
64
20%
I applied and got a JS1, but haven't had it yet.
7
2%
I had my JS1 but I'm waiting for a magical phone call
43
13%
Already had my JS2, just here to help
62
19%
Waitlisted
61
19%
Dinged D:
49
15%
 
Total votes: 325

User avatar
Lightworks
Posts: 277
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:15 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Lightworks » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:10 pm

FuriousDuck wrote:Mine was sent at 1:33. I think they're coming throughout the day-- that's how it's been in the past. It's going to really fun going to work in an hour. 50/50 chance I get fired for swearing at a student.

Edit: Thanks for caring though, guys. It's going to be weird not constantly refreshing this thread anymore.


Mine came at 4:33 EST, so I'm assuming you're a west coaster?

User avatar
jace8819
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:39 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby jace8819 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:11 pm

For everyone still waiting, don't panic and good luck!

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby drawstring » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:11 pm

Lightworks wrote:
FuriousDuck wrote:Mine was sent at 1:33. I think they're coming throughout the day-- that's how it's been in the past. It's going to really fun going to work in an hour. 50/50 chance I get fired for swearing at a student.

Edit: Thanks for caring though, guys. It's going to be weird not constantly refreshing this thread anymore.


Mine came at 4:33 EST, so I'm assuming you're a west coaster?


hmmmm...so maybe they came all at once?

User avatar
FuriousDuck
Posts: 507
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:33 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby FuriousDuck » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:13 pm

...
Last edited by FuriousDuck on Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Hitchensian
Posts: 208
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:34 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Hitchensian » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:17 pm

FuriousDuck wrote:
Lightworks wrote:
FuriousDuck wrote:Mine was sent at 1:33. I think they're coming throughout the day-- that's how it's been in the past. It's going to really fun going to work in an hour. 50/50 chance I get fired for swearing at a student.

Edit: Thanks for caring though, guys. It's going to be weird not constantly refreshing this thread anymore.


Mine came at 4:33 EST, so I'm assuming you're a west coaster?


Yup. Maybe they did all come out in a batch.


The ding reports were bunched together quite tightly, so I'd say a single batch is plausible. No JS1s or JS2s reported if I'm not mistaken though.

Sorry to the dings. :( Many with similar/stronger numbers than me, so I'm sure they're just prolonging the inevitable. :?

ec24
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:55 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby ec24 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:18 pm

Just checked.... mine came at 1:33 PST (4:33 EST) as well.

Now I feel hurt that even when denying, I wasn't a special snowflake lol

User avatar
SplitMyPants
Posts: 1391
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby SplitMyPants » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:21 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
jace8819 wrote:I did not have a JS1 before being dinged... don't remember who asked the question on the last page, didn't feel like going back and quoting you.


It was me. It just feels like they haven't dinged a lot of JS1's yet, but I probably haven't been following closely enough.


Well there was at least one ding with a JS1. This guy. womp womp

EirinnGoBrach
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:01 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby EirinnGoBrach » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:21 pm

Wow, this was a brutal wave. Condolences all around :/

User avatar
aboutmydaylight
Posts: 580
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:50 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby aboutmydaylight » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:23 pm

How does H ding someone above both 75ths?

User avatar
neprep
Posts: 1066
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:16 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby neprep » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:24 pm

That fact that they could ding FD and had the temerity to turn down a >75 >75 makes me think they've hit their desired medians (accounting for yield expectations). Not saying numbers are totally out of the picture, but I think there might be many more :shock: -worthy decisions to come now that they have more of a free hand.

ec24
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:55 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby ec24 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:24 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
jace8819 wrote:I did not have a JS1 before being dinged... don't remember who asked the question on the last page, didn't feel like going back and quoting you.


It was me. It just feels like they haven't dinged a lot of JS1's yet, but I probably haven't been following closely enough.


I had a JS1 2 months ago and a ding today.

User avatar
Gary
Posts: 338
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 8:47 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Gary » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:24 pm

Sorry to everyone who got dinged :( ... Damn I can't even imagine how that would feel but I guess I should start preparing. Crazy how soon this thread will be done for good.

User avatar
rseaney
Posts: 393
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:53 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby rseaney » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:25 pm

FuriousDuck wrote:Ding! Shit. Above both 75ths.

Edit: Complete in October, JS1 mid-November.


<3

esther0123
Posts: 263
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:40 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby esther0123 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:26 pm

neprep wrote:That fact that they could ding FD and had the temerity to turn down a >75 >75 makes me think they've hit their desired medians (accounting for yield expectations). Not saying numbers are totally out of the picture, but I think there might be many more :shock: -worthy decisions to come now that they have more of a free hand.


I agree with you.. They're probably filling in the last few (~100?) slots at this point..

User avatar
kemosabe
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:12 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby kemosabe » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:31 pm

Got the ole JSNo just now. It was a huge reach but I couldn't resist as a native masshole. Applied early November with a GPA below the 25th and a below median LSAT. I was not interviewed. On the bright side, I suppose it's nice to avoid the ambiguity of a long-shot WL ride. Good luck to the rest of you!

User avatar
Pneumonia
Posts: 1642
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:05 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Pneumonia » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:32 pm

No way they know their yield at this point though; there will be some numbers driven wait list action once some admits jump ship.

Eta: just re read your post nep- nevermind.

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby drawstring » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:33 pm

kemosabe wrote:Got the ole JSNo just now. It was a huge reach but I couldn't resist as a native masshole. Applied early November with a GPA below the 25th and a below median LSAT. I was not interviewed. On the bright side, I suppose it's nice to avoid the ambiguity of a long-shot WL ride. Good luck to the rest of you!


Just now as in 1:33/4:33?

User avatar
Quest4Knowledge
Posts: 293
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:36 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Quest4Knowledge » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:41 pm

Gary wrote:Sorry to everyone who got dinged :( ... Damn I can't even imagine how that would feel but I guess I should start preparing. Crazy how soon this thread will be done for good.

:shock:

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby drawstring » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:42 pm

Quest4Knowledge wrote:
Gary wrote:Sorry to everyone who got dinged :( ... Damn I can't even imagine how that would feel but I guess I should start preparing. Crazy how soon this thread will be done for good.

:shock:


:(

User avatar
corporatebarbarian
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:44 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby corporatebarbarian » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:52 pm

Still silence... Feb. re-taker here.

User avatar
wealtheow
Posts: 1034
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby wealtheow » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:55 pm

ouch... nasty wave. sorry to all those dinged...
these past few seem to be somewhat splitter-heavy (going off of LSN)?

User avatar
JWP1022
Posts: 269
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby JWP1022 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:11 pm

Still alive somehow! Had my JS1 a few weeks ago. Maybe I'll hang on for a JS2, but I think I'm likely waitlist. Anxiously refreshing email oh phone


Sorry to all of the folks who got dinged :( Nasty wave

User avatar
Fianna13
Posts: 297
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:05 am

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Fianna13 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:17 pm

So just to be clear, we haven't had a REAL wave of js2 besides the 2 URMS this week right? :O

User avatar
teampeeta
Posts: 422
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby teampeeta » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:19 pm

Fianna13 wrote:So just to be clear, we haven't had a REAL wave of js2 besides the 2 URMS this week right? :O


There was a non-URM in the wave. I don't remember what her username was, but it's a few pages past today's drivel.

User avatar
PotenC
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:13 pm

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby PotenC » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:19 pm

Fianna13 wrote:So just to be clear, we haven't had a REAL wave of js2 besides the 2 URMS this week right? :O


chicky wasn't a URM, and the one acceptance as reported on LSN may not be either.--ImageRemoved--




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, Google [Bot], JazzyMac, lillawyer2, Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests