Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Where are you in the Harvard application process?

I'm applying next year, just reading this thread to prepare
12%
Applying this year, I got an extension on my application
0%
I applied and haven't gotten a JS1 yet
20%
I applied and got a JS1, but haven't had it yet.
3%
I had my JS1 but I'm waiting for a magical phone call
13%
Already had my JS2, just here to help
19%
Waitlisted
19%
Dinged D:
15%

Total votes: 329

drawstring

Gold

Re: Harvard, C/O 2017, Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Post by drawstring » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:36 pm

Also, I'm thinking JS2s next week.

barrelofmonkeys

Gold

Post by barrelofmonkeys » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:37 pm

drawstring wrote:Also, I'm thinking JS2s next week.
Last year there was a huge wave on 3/1.

The-Specs

Silver

Post by The-Specs » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:41 pm

yomisterd wrote:Had my JS1 today. (Even though it wasn't with JS haha)

She only asked me about three questions and said, "Talk to you soon!" at the end of the conversation. Good or bad sign?
My impression is that this is a good sign.
lastsamurai wrote:^^didn't JS say "we'll be in touch soon" or something like that at the end of all of her interviews? I wouldn't read too much into it personally
At the end of my interview JS said, "Specs, there is a lot to love in your application. We will be in touch." I figured it was pretty standard make-the-applicant-feel-good-about-this-terrifying-process-fluff.

yomisterd

Gold

Post by yomisterd » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:44 pm

The-Specs wrote:

She only asked me about three questions and said, "Talk to you soon!" at the end of the conversation. Good or bad sign?
lastsamurai wrote:^^didn't JS say "we'll be in touch soon" or something like that at the end of all of her interviews? I wouldn't read too much into it personally
At the end of my interview JS said, "Specs, there is a lot to love in your application. We will be in touch." I figured it was pretty standard make-the-applicant-feel-good-about-this-terrifying-process-fluff.
Yeah I figured it was kind of a pleasantry. IDK I just felt like it went by so fast...

neprep

Silver

Post by neprep » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:44 pm

The-Specs wrote:

Huh, at the end mine, L was like "Okay, if you have no further questions, our time is up!" *disconnect*

I sat in front of my screen like :shock: for 2 minutes.

e: she might have mumbled something else but just the fact that she was so aware of the time that had elapsed threw me off a bit.
Last edited by neprep on Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bbkk

Silver

Post by bbkk » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:45 pm

yomisterd wrote:
The-Specs wrote:

Yeah I figured it was kind of a pleasantry. IDK I just felt like it went by so fast...
Same here! Mine lasted for only 15 mins and I only got 3 questions too.

drawstring

Gold

Post by drawstring » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:46 pm

15 minutes isn't short

yomisterd

Gold

Post by yomisterd » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:48 pm

neprep wrote:
The-Specs wrote:

Huh, at the end mine, L was like "Okay, if you have no further questions, our time is up!" *disconnect*

OMG.

Me, if I were you: Image

barrelofmonkeys

Gold

Post by barrelofmonkeys » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:49 pm

neprep wrote:

e: she might have mumbled something else but just the fact that she was so aware of the time that had elapsed threw me off a bit.
I can imagine that every minute spent with you would be so unbearably painful that one couldn't help but stare at the clock, wishing for the moment the torment would end.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lawschool22

Gold

Post by lawschool22 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:52 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
Which was a Friday, so maybe 2/28 this year? :)

neprep

Silver

Post by neprep » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:54 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
neprep wrote:

I can imagine that every minute spent with you would be so unbearably painful that one couldn't help but stare at the clock, wishing for the moment the torment would end.
occupational hazard

Gold

Post by 04102014 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:55 pm

neprep wrote:
The-Specs wrote:

:|

Gold

Post by 04102014 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:56 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
neprep wrote:

Don't EVER talk to nep like that.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Jessasaurus

Bronze

Post by Jessasaurus » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:32 pm

My JS1 ended and she said that I could hear back anytime between after the new year and april (mine was in early november), so it was pretty much like, yeah you aren't gonna get a JS2 right away but we are considering you. Or at least thats how I read into it.

bbkk

Silver

Post by bbkk » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:40 pm

Jessasaurus wrote:My JS1 ended and she said that I could hear back anytime between after the new year and april (mine was in early november), so it was pretty much like, yeah you aren't gonna get a JS2 right away but we are considering you. Or at least thats how I read into it.
that's helpful. lol

lawschool22

Gold

Post by lawschool22 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:42 pm

bbkk wrote:
Jessasaurus wrote:My JS1 ended and she said that I could hear back anytime between after the new year and april (mine was in early november), so it was pretty much like, yeah you aren't gonna get a JS2 right away but we are considering you. Or at least thats how I read into it.
that's helpful. lol
Ha I'd rather have that much info than none at all :)

bbkk

Silver

Post by bbkk » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:45 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
bbkk wrote:
that's helpful. lol
Ha I'd rather have that much info than none at all :)
but everybody is getting some sort of decision by April, right?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

drawstring

Gold

Post by drawstring » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:46 pm

You will receive notification as soon as we reach a decision and everyone who applies by the application deadline will hear from us no later than mid-April (at that time, we will offer some people a spot on our waiting list).

Maybe I should have applied at the deadline---not much of a wait then :lol:

tlsapp2017

Bronze

Post by tlsapp2017 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:30 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
barrelofmonkeys wrote:
Which was a Friday, so maybe 2/28 this year? :)

This

Jessasaurus

Bronze

Post by Jessasaurus » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:56 pm

bbkk wrote:
that's helpful. lol
I know hahah, I was like ohhhhh good. Now I wait. And here I am, still waiting with many of the fine people ITT

edit: the above post doesn't sound like it, but IRL I am super grateful to still be standing, even if that means this interminable wait

Tela1283

Bronze

Post by Tela1283 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:30 pm

I feel optimistic about tomorrow. Not necessarily about my chances, but I think there'll be a wave of JS2's

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

tparks

New

Post by tparks » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:16 pm

I think I am now fully prepared for the long wait. Scouring over last year's LSN data has grounded my expectations. Last year there was silence between nowish and the end of March, where there was a sizable wave of final accepts before the waitlist. Past that, its mostly just random waitlist accepts.

Although I still don't understand HLS' decision to eliminate the official hold status. That could have saved us all a lot of grief.

drawstring

Gold

Post by drawstring » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:24 pm

IIRC there was a wave on the 1st and then silence until the 25th or so. After that there was a wave in early April and then another on April 15th. There were also a fair number of people who got in off the waitlist around that time, and especially in May. I was looking mainly at instances where people got in after waiting a few months, so there may be more waves that I missed.

So, ya, we could be looking at another few months for a JS2 (if at all), especially with the Feb takers in the equation :twisted:

kkdk

Bronze

Post by kkdk » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:35 pm

rseaney wrote:
kkdk wrote:
drawstring wrote:I think kkdk's getting at them being accepted with a 3.26
This. If this is a URM applicant then it doesn't apply to me. Failing that, I'd be really interested because I have similar numbers. Anyways, sent him a message on LSN. Let's see what happens.

edited for grammar.
hmm mid career so maybe they figure his gpa is getting pretty close to irrelevant. I suppose if i was on admissions and someone who had demonstrated success in the jobzworld had a poor gpa from 20 years ago, I might consider the gpa to no longer be a useful indicator.

i wouldn't be surprised if that was the lowest gpa they'd admitted in several years tho. by like 0.2 probably
Don't mean to veer off topic, but just as an update to this--not a URM applicant and yeah, definitely a legitimate acceptance. I sent him a message on LSN--the unique softs are definitely unique!

jasper09

Bronze

Post by jasper09 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:40 pm

neprep wrote:
barrelofmonkeys wrote:
neprep wrote:

occupational hazard
Completely off topic but I have to entertain myself somehow while I try to wait patiently for a decision...but did anybody else appreciate how perfectly apropos neprep's response was, given his avatar? No?

...or maybe I'm just too obsessed with Sherlock...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”