UC Hastings c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Sheriff McLaw Dog
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:16 am

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Sheriff McLaw Dog » Sat May 24, 2014 4:12 pm

scottiescruff wrote:Once we accept our financial aid offer (scholarships/loans), is that final or could they still add more money later on? I don't want to be hasty, but I don't want to miss a deadline either...


Good question, I received a letter stating they're giving me the $5k merit scholarship after I initially only received the $13k need-based aid. The merit scholarship still isn't showing up in my awards page. I don't want to accept it without the $5k merit aid.

User avatar
Candy Wrappers
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:53 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Candy Wrappers » Sun May 25, 2014 12:02 pm

i was pulled off the WL and just today let them know that i will not be able to accept their offer. hope that opens space to more people on the WL! GOOD LUCK :D

caligirl8
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:16 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby caligirl8 » Wed May 28, 2014 12:17 pm

Moonlight wrote:
caligirl8 wrote:I haven't received my final/official financial aid package yet. Has anyone received theirs already?


I haven't either...should we be concerned?



UPDATE: I received my financial aid offer five days ago via e-mail.

I'm also trying to get my Insurance Waiver approved because I'm a CA resident and have an insurance plan that will be able to cover me while I'm a student. For undergrad it was a form that I filled out online before the start of the school year. But according to this... it looks like students couldn't begin applying to waive their insurance until December?? Does that mean that they've been paying insurance from August - whenever their waiver gets approved in December/January??

http://www.uchastings.edu/about/admin-o ... /index.php

SFSpartan
Posts: 336
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:01 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby SFSpartan » Wed May 28, 2014 5:00 pm

caligirl8 wrote:
Moonlight wrote:
caligirl8 wrote:I haven't received my final/official financial aid package yet. Has anyone received theirs already?


I haven't either...should we be concerned?



UPDATE: I received my financial aid offer five days ago via e-mail.

I'm also trying to get my Insurance Waiver approved because I'm a CA resident and have an insurance plan that will be able to cover me while I'm a student. For undergrad it was a form that I filled out online before the start of the school year. But according to this... it looks like students couldn't begin applying to waive their insurance until December?? Does that mean that they've been paying insurance from August - whenever their waiver gets approved in December/January??

http://www.uchastings.edu/about/admin-o ... /index.php


You aren't reading the website correctly. It covers waivers for the 2013-14 school year, which just concluded. Apparently Hastings hasn't updated it for the new school year yet. Last year, waivers were due some time in August. It's a pretty easy online form to fill out.

caligirl8
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:16 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby caligirl8 » Wed May 28, 2014 6:18 pm

SFSpartan wrote:
caligirl8 wrote:
Moonlight wrote:
caligirl8 wrote:I haven't received my final/official financial aid package yet. Has anyone received theirs already?


I haven't either...should we be concerned?



UPDATE: I received my financial aid offer five days ago via e-mail.

I'm also trying to get my Insurance Waiver approved because I'm a CA resident and have an insurance plan that will be able to cover me while I'm a student. For undergrad it was a form that I filled out online before the start of the school year. But according to this... it looks like students couldn't begin applying to waive their insurance until December?? Does that mean that they've been paying insurance from August - whenever their waiver gets approved in December/January??

http://www.uchastings.edu/about/admin-o ... /index.php


You aren't reading the website correctly. It covers waivers for the 2013-14 school year, which just concluded. Apparently Hastings hasn't updated it for the new school year yet. Last year, waivers were due some time in August. It's a pretty easy online form to fill out.


I saw the date and read it correctly. I wasn't sure why the school started accepting waiver applications in December when the school year starts in August. I assumed that the time frame for the waiver would be the same this year as well.

Moonlight
Posts: 753
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:19 am

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Moonlight » Thu May 29, 2014 1:53 am

.
Last edited by Moonlight on Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shakeitlikea
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:43 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby shakeitlikea » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:44 pm

GOT THE EMAIL THIS MORNING......now to wait and hope and sweat it out until HOPEFULLY a dean calls me :|

havermayer
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:18 am

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby havermayer » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:52 pm

shakeitlikea wrote:GOT THE EMAIL THIS MORNING......now to wait and hope and sweat it out until HOPEFULLY a dean calls me :|


Got the email too! I would hope they wouldn't send out an email and not call us!!

shakeitlikea
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:43 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby shakeitlikea » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:10 pm

havermayer wrote:
shakeitlikea wrote:GOT THE EMAIL THIS MORNING......now to wait and hope and sweat it out until HOPEFULLY a dean calls me :|


Got the email too! I would hope they wouldn't send out an email and not call us!!



I sent my reply exactly 30 minutes after I got that email from Dean Canada. I was/am SO hoping I'd get a call today. And yay!!! I feel like you and I have been on the edge of our sanity for months :lol:

Moonlight
Posts: 753
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:19 am

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Moonlight » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:12 pm

Content Deleted
Last edited by Moonlight on Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

havermayer
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:18 am

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby havermayer » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:10 pm

Moonlight wrote:Nice! Congrats you two! Hey if anyone wants to get a place in the east bay, let me know! Got a few rooms at my place.


Thank you! And good luck finding roomies for your place.

I'm hoping we'll get calls soon. Anyone know how long they usually take after the email to contact you? Or how much scholly money they'd offer off the waitlist, if at all?

User avatar
sumz
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:38 am

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby sumz » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:30 pm

just got the call! :shock:

accepted and ready for next year

152/3.48 T12 undergrad

shakeitlikea
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:43 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby shakeitlikea » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:39 pm

GOT THE CALL!!!!!! CLASS OF 2017 wooooo

now just gotta withdraw from UW :P

Moonlight
Posts: 753
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:19 am

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Moonlight » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:53 pm

Content Deleted
Last edited by Moonlight on Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Cal Trask
Posts: 4720
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:40 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Cal Trask » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:23 pm

anyone submit a patino fellowship application?

Moonlight
Posts: 753
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:19 am

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Moonlight » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:13 pm

Cal Trask wrote:anyone submit a patino fellowship application?


No, I don't think I will cause my background isn't really in public service other than on campus clubs and extra curriculars.

havermayer
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:18 am

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby havermayer » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:32 pm

Just got the call! Now, I can finally rest easy knowing that my prospects are better. PHEW.

User avatar
alawstudentsometime
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:03 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby alawstudentsometime » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:04 pm

Admitted Tues. Attending. Excited!

Moonlight
Posts: 753
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:19 am

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Moonlight » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:08 pm

alawstudentsometime wrote:Admitted Tues. Attending. Excited!


Nice! Congrats!

User avatar
burner
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:05 am

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby burner » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:04 pm

Withdrew from WL today, good luck!

havermayer
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:18 am

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby havermayer » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:17 pm

For those who got pulled off the waitlist, how long was it before you received any financial aid info?

hapagirl
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:10 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby hapagirl » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:38 pm

havermayer wrote:For those who got pulled off the waitlist, how long was it before you received any financial aid info?


Two days.

havermayer
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:18 am

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby havermayer » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:44 pm

hapagirl wrote:
havermayer wrote:For those who got pulled off the waitlist, how long was it before you received any financial aid info?


Two days.


Thank you! Will probably give them a call in a bit about it. Would like to have all the info I can before depositing.

lepenseur
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:09 am

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby lepenseur » Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:14 am

Hi all, been lurking for awhile. I received the "WL" email on June 3rd. I replied on June 4th due to being abroad and not having access to the internet. I did not receive a call/voicemail this week. I was; however, able to register on web advisor and pay the seat deposit.

What's going on? Will I receive a call on Monday?

User avatar
churrochi
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 6:36 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby churrochi » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:14 am

In off the waitlist: 151/3.85. Not URM.
Asian, female, queer -- if those count for anything.

Wasn't too gung-ho on attending UC Hastings and kind of resigned to retaking the LSAT this September (been studying for about two and a half weeks now). Got a call while I was studying that I was admitted with a $13k/yr renewable scholarship. I know TLS users tend to err towards the side of "T14 or bust" but is Hastings worth passing over for the chance of improving my score?

(That being said, I am 100000% convinced I can do better than a 151; I had a lot of personal issues going on at the time that account for the low score.)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, BruiseWillis, freekick, Google Adsense [Bot], Helioze, JoshLyman13, luckydayahead, potterotter, tlsfan13 and 21 guests