UC Davis c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3402
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby ManoftheHour » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:01 am

yeslekkkk wrote:
Jamesta25 wrote:
yeslekkkk wrote:Has anyone else noticed that a lot of people on TLS are strangely attacking UC Davis? like trying to tear it down while build up other schools? I've noticed a lot of hate from UCI, USC, UC Hastings...

I kind of laugh/am kind of sick of reading it.

Honestly, there's a lot people do not know on here. There's plenty of good information but then there's plenty of opinions that circulate so frequently that they're taken as fact. Most of my reservations about Davis prior to the ASW were from things I had read here and all of them were completely erased when I got the real information and also saw the good employment statistics for this past graduating class.

Does anyone else still feel on the edge of their seat to hear more information/get more communication from Davis? I know we've already been accepted/put down deposits etc. but I guess I'm just so excited to start that I get excited at each email. Also really hoping for some more scholarship $$, which I've heard is a good possibility after April 15th.


Yeah, I'm really excited to get more info from the school! I don't even know what info they could send though. I would love some more scholarship money. How does one leverage more scholarship money though after the first deposit?


Multiple first deposits, wait list acceptances, wait list acceptances with $$$.

yamsandmoreyams
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:26 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby yamsandmoreyams » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:16 pm

Not a peep about merit aid since accepted in December. Even checked Davis' admitted student portal last week to see if I had a scholarship or not. Of course today, on deposit day, they send me an email saying I got 35k per year. Not gonna attend, so hopefully someone on the waitlist gets it instead

hikensurf
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:59 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby hikensurf » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:56 pm

Same deal as yams, except I am going to consider Davis after the updated offer. I had written them off a while ago and was planning to stay in Portland. Davis is obviously a better school, but an (arguably) much less fun place to live than Portland.

NOTE: I grew up in Central California, so I know what Davis has to offer (or lack thereof).

bobloblaw0227
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:28 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby bobloblaw0227 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:27 pm

So... Anyone else deposit?

User avatar
fallingwater
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:16 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby fallingwater » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:10 pm

bobloblaw0227 wrote:So... Anyone else deposit?

+1

User avatar
Jamesta25
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:09 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Jamesta25 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:10 pm

For those who are MLK alternates, do you think they will let us know what happens regardless of if we are selected off the list or not? I'm wondering if only those selected will receive communication until after the second seat deposit confirms their enrollment.

publicinterest8
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:25 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby publicinterest8 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:08 pm

Why's Davis blue balling me? Am I in or not. Need to move on with my life ._.

laballermvp9
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:58 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby laballermvp9 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:11 pm

publicinterest8 wrote:Why's Davis blue balling me? Am I in or not. Need to move on with my life ._.


I feel the same way. My numbers are below the medians so I know my chances are low but what's taking them so long? Do I actually have a better shot now or do they traditionally review applications at a snail's pace?

User avatar
yeslekkkk
Posts: 319
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:37 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby yeslekkkk » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:03 am

Jamesta25 wrote:For those who are MLK alternates, do you think they will let us know what happens regardless of if we are selected off the list or not? I'm wondering if only those selected will receive communication until after the second seat deposit confirms their enrollment.


I'm not sure. I would say don't count on hearing anything until you get an email. I think they'd only be in contact if they're choosing an alternate.

zanardin
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:13 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby zanardin » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:22 am

hikensurf: I am having a similar dilemma, deciding between Davis and L&C. Was able to get almost a full scholarship from L&C, and it will end up being about $8k less (total) in tuition than Davis (also got a good amount of money from them).

I know Portland would be a better place to live, but Davis is a much better school, especially since I want to end up in CA. I got a deposit extension from both schools so I am going to try to visit them this month before deciding (Have not been to either).

have you decided what you are doing?

onlyunholy
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:11 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby onlyunholy » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:10 pm

How long did you guys wait after your status was changed to "evaluation in progress" for a decision? Apologies if this question has already been asked.

Anxkitty12391
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:44 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Anxkitty12391 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:53 pm

laballermvp9 wrote:
publicinterest8 wrote:Why's Davis blue balling me? Am I in or not. Need to move on with my life ._.


I feel the same way. My numbers are below the medians so I know my chances are low but what's taking them so long? Do I actually have a better shot now or do they traditionally review applications at a snail's pace?


Applied in Jan 6! Been at "evaluation in progress" for nearly a few weeks!! Does anyone know if they admit strictly out of random, or if there is like a specific day/week where a couple more people get admitted or decisions are made? Sorry if this was already asked.

User avatar
burner
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:05 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby burner » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:19 pm

Anxkitty12391 wrote:
laballermvp9 wrote:
publicinterest8 wrote:Why's Davis blue balling me? Am I in or not. Need to move on with my life ._.


I feel the same way. My numbers are below the medians so I know my chances are low but what's taking them so long? Do I actually have a better shot now or do they traditionally review applications at a snail's pace?


Applied in Jan 6! Been at "evaluation in progress" for nearly a few weeks!! Does anyone know if they admit strictly out of random, or if there is like a specific day/week where a couple more people get admitted or decisions are made? Sorry if this was already asked.


Applied 1/31, complete 3/6, still "awaiting evaluation..."

JC1229
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:16 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby JC1229 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:03 pm

burner wrote:
Anxkitty12391 wrote:
laballermvp9 wrote:
publicinterest8 wrote:Why's Davis blue balling me? Am I in or not. Need to move on with my life ._.


I feel the same way. My numbers are below the medians so I know my chances are low but what's taking them so long? Do I actually have a better shot now or do they traditionally review applications at a snail's pace?


Applied in Jan 6! Been at "evaluation in progress" for nearly a few weeks!! Does anyone know if they admit strictly out of random, or if there is like a specific day/week where a couple more people get admitted or decisions are made? Sorry if this was already asked.


Applied 1/31, complete 3/6, still "awaiting evaluation..."


same

User avatar
mac35352
Posts: 371
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:17 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby mac35352 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:54 pm

In via email.
I went to visit Davis and Sacramento earlier this month. I wasn't impressed. Seems too rural for me. Still, great school.

IggyLoyola
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:59 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby IggyLoyola » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:19 am

onlyunholy wrote:How long did you guys wait after your status was changed to "evaluation in progress" for a decision? Apologies if this question has already been asked.


Anyone know the answer to this question? Thanks in advance..

User avatar
yeslekkkk
Posts: 319
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:37 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby yeslekkkk » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:31 am

IggyLoyola wrote:
onlyunholy wrote:How long did you guys wait after your status was changed to "evaluation in progress" for a decision? Apologies if this question has already been asked.


Anyone know the answer to this question? Thanks in advance..


I probably waited around a month. However, I went through this way early in the cycle. They should speed things along by now, I would think.

Krysty
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:15 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Krysty » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:21 pm

I called the Admissions Office today and was told all decisions should be sent within a week.

User avatar
fallingwater
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:16 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby fallingwater » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:33 pm

Krysty wrote:I called the Admissions Office today and was told all decisions should be sent within a week.


They're still planning alumni and admitted student receptions, so no reason to necessarily expect bad news from the wait! Good luck!

chizzy
Posts: 551
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:07 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby chizzy » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:38 pm

Krysty wrote:I called the Admissions Office today and was told all decisions should be sent within a week.


this is good news. ive been waiting since january.

corifornication
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:37 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby corifornication » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:13 am

Any idea if Davis is open to negotiating merit scholarships?

corifornication
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:37 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby corifornication » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:48 pm

Additional question: did the seat deposit page bug out on anyone else? I tried to accept my offer today and it wouldn't take me to the page to pay and it looks like I'm just stuck on "Transaction pending." Being that the payment's due tomorrow, I'm a little freaked out.

User avatar
yeslekkkk
Posts: 319
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:37 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby yeslekkkk » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:14 pm

corifornication wrote:Additional question: did the seat deposit page bug out on anyone else? I tried to accept my offer today and it wouldn't take me to the page to pay and it looks like I'm just stuck on "Transaction pending." Being that the payment's due tomorrow, I'm a little freaked out.


Easy solution: Call the admissions office. They're still open. Call and see if it went through. If not, I'm sure they call help you out.

Also, the first deposit date was April 15 unless your letter specified a different date.

User avatar
fallingwater
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:16 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby fallingwater » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:38 pm

corifornication wrote:Additional question: did the seat deposit page bug out on anyone else? I tried to accept my offer today and it wouldn't take me to the page to pay and it looks like I'm just stuck on "Transaction pending." Being that the payment's due tomorrow, I'm a little freaked out.


The "transaction pending" note clears in 15 minutes. The new link should take you to the page where you can entire your info, unless it is still messed up.

User avatar
doge
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:11 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby doge » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:46 pm

Just heard and got in!!! Was waiting since January 15th!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”