UC Davis c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
yeslekkkk
Posts: 319
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:37 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby yeslekkkk » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:17 pm

Moonlight wrote:Waitlisted. Bhahahaha. I was gonna reject them anyway.


For some reason... I don't find you rejecting them shocking! ha.

User avatar
Dingo Starr
Posts: 228
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:50 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Dingo Starr » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:22 pm

Moonlight wrote:
Dingo Starr wrote:Dinged.


Really? You and I aren't that different stats wise...


IDK. I was gearing up for going to look at their campus, too.

Guess that rankings bump went to their head.

Moonlight
Posts: 753
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:19 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Moonlight » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:36 pm

yeslekkkk wrote:
Moonlight wrote:Waitlisted. Bhahahaha. I was gonna reject them anyway.


For some reason... I don't find you rejecting them shocking! ha.



Haha really? I guess my distaste for Davis is really blatant huh?

Moonlight
Posts: 753
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:19 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Moonlight » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:37 pm

Dingo Starr wrote:
Moonlight wrote:
Dingo Starr wrote:Dinged.


Really? You and I aren't that different stats wise...


IDK. I was gearing up for going to look at their campus, too.

Guess that rankings bump went to their head.


Haha it was 2 slots. I was speaking with a Big Law firm's attorney and his colleagues at their house last week and they were surprised Davis was even ranked in top 50.

deebanger
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:40 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby deebanger » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:38 pm

Moonlight wrote:Waitlisted. Bhahahaha. I was gonna reject them anyway.


not suprising as davis has better lsat and gpa medians compared to some of the schools like hastings where u had been admitted.

purplethunder
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:15 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby purplethunder » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:42 pm

deebanger wrote:
Moonlight wrote:Waitlisted. Bhahahaha. I was gonna reject them anyway.


not suprising as davis has better lsat and gpa medians compared to some of the schools like hastings where u had been admitted.


That was a little unnecessary hostility. Moonlight may be bashing Davis a bit but your comment sounds like you're bashing Moonlight.

User avatar
ohhdear
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:43 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby ohhdear » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:46 pm

Withdrew today. Received a sweet email in response.

deebanger
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:40 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby deebanger » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:48 pm

purplethunder wrote:
deebanger wrote:
Moonlight wrote:Waitlisted. Bhahahaha. I was gonna reject them anyway.


not suprising as davis has better lsat and gpa medians compared to some of the schools like hastings where u had been admitted.


That was a little unnecessary hostility. Moonlight may be bashing Davis a bit but your comment sounds like you're bashing Moonlight.


what? Im sorry moonlight if it came out that way, i didnt mean it like that. . I just meant his lsat score might have hurt him at the three best schools he applied- Berkeley, USC, and Davis. as the lsat medians for all three are higher.

User avatar
Dingo Starr
Posts: 228
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:50 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Dingo Starr » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:52 pm

deebanger wrote:I just meant his lsat score might have hurt him at the three best schools he applied- Berkeley, USC, and Davis. as the lsat medians for all three are higher.

A bunch of 170+ people didn't make Berkeley this year. Might be you in the bloodbath next cycle.

deebanger
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:40 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby deebanger » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:53 pm

Dingo Starr wrote:
deebanger wrote:I just meant his lsat score might have hurt him at the three best schools he applied- Berkeley, USC, and Davis. as the lsat medians for all three are higher.

A bunch of 170+ people didn't make Berkeley this year. Might be you in the bloodbath next cycle.


true, you could get 180 and 4.0 and still get recjected from Yale.

User avatar
Snowboarder1588
Posts: 339
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:55 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Snowboarder1588 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:55 pm

wow....at this point I just check the Davis and Hastings threads for entertainment! Keep it up guys! LOL

purplethunder
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:15 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby purplethunder » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:57 pm

Last years waitlist thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=207486

Seems a bit skewed though considering it looks like only people who made it off the waitlist posted on the thread. Nevertheless it seems like they admitted a couple of people on May 31st, with some others claiming they were admitted even earlier than that.

I refuse to give up hope until I get an official rejection.

User avatar
yeslekkkk
Posts: 319
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:37 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby yeslekkkk » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:58 pm

Snowboarder1588 wrote:wow....at this point I just check the Davis and Hastings threads for entertainment! Keep it up guys! LOL


I know, right? With some other threads, I check to see what is going on with admissions. I read the Davis and Hastings threads for banter, hostility, and fighting.

User avatar
yeslekkkk
Posts: 319
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:37 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby yeslekkkk » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:59 pm

purplethunder wrote:Last years waitlist thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=207486

Seems a bit skewed though considering it looks like only people who made it off the waitlist posted on the thread. Nevertheless it seems like they admitted a couple of people on May 31st, with some others claiming they were admitted even earlier than that.

I refuse to give up hope until I get an official rejection.


I have a friend who got off the waitlist at Davis in May for Fall 2012. (We both went to UC Davis for undergrad) It seems to happen quite a bit.

Moonlight
Posts: 753
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:19 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Moonlight » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:37 pm

Snowboarder1588 wrote:wow....at this point I just check the Davis and Hastings threads for entertainment! Keep it up guys! LOL


Lol we try ;)

And thanks Purple and Dingo!

Moonlight
Posts: 753
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:19 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Moonlight » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:39 pm

deebanger wrote:
purplethunder wrote:
deebanger wrote:
Moonlight wrote:Waitlisted. Bhahahaha. I was gonna reject them anyway.


not suprising as davis has better lsat and gpa medians compared to some of the schools like hastings where u had been admitted.


That was a little unnecessary hostility. Moonlight may be bashing Davis a bit but your comment sounds like you're bashing Moonlight.


what? Im sorry moonlight if it came out that way, i didnt mean it like that. . I just meant his lsat score might have hurt him at the three best schools he applied- Berkeley, USC, and Davis. as the lsat medians for all three are higher.


No worries, I appreciate the clarification. It came out that way a little given the context of the Davis vs Hastings threads. But yea in all honesty, my LSAT hurt me for sure. But like Dingo said, I'm quite surprised at how Berkeley gutted 175+ people this year.

deebanger
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:40 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby deebanger » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:43 pm

No worries, I appreciate the clarification. It came out that way a little given the context of the Davis vs Hastings threads. But yea in all honesty, my LSAT hurt me for sure. But like Dingo said, I'm quite surprised at how Berkeley gutted 175+ people this year.[/quote]

If i were you, I will never give up and withdraw. Ride out the waitlist, and something tells me that you might be be the first or one of the first to get of the waitlist, as you might be on the cusp. Send a loci, show interest, and u will get in. seriously, you wont believe how many get off the waitlist and get more money than they would have from just regular admission.

Moonlight
Posts: 753
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:19 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Moonlight » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:45 pm

deebanger wrote:No worries, I appreciate the clarification. It came out that way a little given the context of the Davis vs Hastings threads. But yea in all honesty, my LSAT hurt me for sure. But like Dingo said, I'm quite surprised at how Berkeley gutted 175+ people this year.


If i were you, I will never give up and withdraw. Ride out the waitlist, and something tells me that you might be be the first or one of the first to get of the waitlist, as you might be on the cusp. Send a loci, show interest, and u will get in. seriously, you wont believe how many get off the waitlist and get more money than they would have from just regular admission.[/quote]

Hmm fair point. It doesn't hurt to leave an option open I suppose. Would you say we need to send in an LOCI right away? Or just clicking on the "I'd like to remain on waitlist" will suffice for the moment?

And speaking of money, my other thing is I kind of doubt we'd get more money if we're waitlist though...thoughts people?

Oh and while we're talking CA schools. USC finalized and rendered decision today. Will let you all know what that means when they mail us the letter or packet. *duhn duhn duhn* dramatic music and all lol

deebanger
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:40 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby deebanger » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:57 pm

Moonlight wrote:
deebanger wrote:No worries, I appreciate the clarification. It came out that way a little given the context of the Davis vs Hastings threads. But yea in all honesty, my LSAT hurt me for sure. But like Dingo said, I'm quite surprised at how Berkeley gutted 175+ people this year.


If i were you, I will never give up and withdraw. Ride out the waitlist, and something tells me that you might be be the first or one of the first to get of the waitlist, as you might be on the cusp. Send a loci, show interest, and u will get in. seriously, you wont believe how many get off the waitlist and get more money than they would have from just regular admission.


Hmm fair point. It doesn't hurt to leave an option open I suppose. Would you say we need to send in an LOCI right away? Or just clicking on the "I'd like to remain on waitlist" will suffice for the moment?

And speaking of money, my other thing is I kind of doubt we'd get more money if we're waitlist though...thoughts people?

Oh and while we're talking CA schools. USC finalized and rendered decision today. Will let you all know what that means when they mail us the letter or packet. *duhn duhn duhn* dramatic music and all lol[/quote]


I would send a loci, a well written letter that strongly demonstrates interest right away, and also after the first deposit is due (thats when they would get a better idea too who is serious and who is not). Ands yes money would be a concern yes thats understandable, but just ride out the waitlist, and then see what happens, worst case, they match your best scholarship offer. Also, if u get in USC, you should be ecstatic, it gives you the best big law prospects of all law schools you applied besides Berkeley. Good luck!, rooting for you.

And sorry for the way i came out form all the hastings vs Davis banter. I might have have come out harsh/blunt, but I have my reasons. I was strongly personally attacked by hastings grads, way before you were here., and I still believe they suffer from an inferiority complex, but thats another topic.

Moonlight
Posts: 753
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:19 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Moonlight » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:12 am

Hmm I'll have to craft a letter then. What does a LOCI comprise of usually? I've never written one since I was never waitlisted for undergrad (seriously)

See my USC concerns are the impact of it on Nor Cal. Plus I kinda feel like I'd be spending more at USC since I'd have to live down there, where I can choose to live at home up here. But we can PM about that discussion or go to USC thread. And thanks!! We'll see what happens.

Oh no worries, I understand how you could feel under attack from previous and thus reacted the way you did. You did make fair points nonetheless despite the hostility that was present on the threads.

altthymes
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:14 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby altthymes » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:18 am

Earlier in the thread a Davis student mentioned they got off the waitlist and were offered money, so it seems that it can happen.

As far as LOCI - TLS has a ton of info on that. Just write a solid 1 pager about why Davis appeals to you (though that may be hard for you to write, Moonlight!), and what you can offer Davis or anything that would be compelling that didn't make it into your app.

I'll be writing my LOCI tomorrow, sent in my "keep me on the waitlist" form today. Good luck to all waitlisted, and if anyone hears back...please update!

Moonlight
Posts: 753
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:19 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Moonlight » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:37 am

altthymes wrote:Earlier in the thread a Davis student mentioned they got off the waitlist and were offered money, so it seems that it can happen.

As far as LOCI - TLS has a ton of info on that. Just write a solid 1 pager about why Davis appeals to you (though that may be hard for you to write, Moonlight!), and what you can offer Davis or anything that would be compelling that didn't make it into your app.

I'll be writing my LOCI tomorrow, sent in my "keep me on the waitlist" form today. Good luck to all waitlisted, and if anyone hears back...please update!



Haha I think hard may be an understatement for me.... lol. I'll scrounge together something about why Davis appeals to me though. I may have to even mention a nice calm non city like campus :P

I submitted the "Keep me on waitlist' as well. Figured deebanger was right. No harm in keeping an extra option open.

User avatar
Dingo Starr
Posts: 228
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:50 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Dingo Starr » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:38 am

If you can't think of anything else, you could always try
"My buddy Dingo is actually interested in your school and has numbers remarkably similar to mine. Give Dingo a shot!"

Moonlight
Posts: 753
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:19 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Moonlight » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:12 pm

Dingo Starr wrote:If you can't think of anything else, you could always try
"My buddy Dingo is actually interested in your school and has numbers remarkably similar to mine. Give Dingo a shot!"


Lol if you give me your 13k grant to be added to my Hastings scholarships then we have a deal :P

User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3398
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby ManoftheHour » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:21 pm

Moonlight, I was waitlisted last cycle. Davis ended up accepting me and gave me a 25k/yr scholarship. It might be in your best interest to stay on the waitlist, even if you aren't attending. From what I've gathered, you're going to attend Hastings? Maybe that $$$ you get from Davis can help you negotiate with them for more $$$ especially near the end of the cycle when law schools are more desperate to keep their students from flocking elsewhere.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, BigZuck, Ca2021, laurlaur2112, potterotter, proteinshake, xn3345 and 16 guests