WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How old are you?

21-
11
12%
22-23
27
29%
24-26
38
40%
27-30
14
15%
30+
4
4%
 
Total votes: 94

User avatar
ZGr88n
Posts: 449
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:00 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby ZGr88n » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:38 pm

bostonbrewer wrote:Just got a scholarship email for those of you waiting on $ info


When were you accepted?

User avatar
cannibal ox
Posts: 2920
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:49 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby cannibal ox » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:38 pm

jk148706 wrote:Just got scholly info, very underwhelmed.


This.

User avatar
kmiller
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:13 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby kmiller » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:38 pm

cannibal ox wrote:
jk148706 wrote:Just got scholly info, very underwhelmed.


This.


+1

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Attax » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:39 pm

For those with scholly info, when did you apply/get accepted?

bostonbrewer
Posts: 279
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:32 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby bostonbrewer » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:39 pm

ZGr88n wrote:
bostonbrewer wrote:Just got a scholarship email for those of you waiting on $ info


When were you accepted?

Got the email 12/13, but my interviewer told me I was in when I talked to her on that Tuesday.

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby jk148706 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:40 pm

For those wondering:

Applied mid Nov, accepted mid Dec.

Scholarship info today was $36k for three years.

Disappointed as a larger scholly would have made WUSTL a legit option

User avatar
vuthy
Posts: 379
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:55 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby vuthy » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:43 pm

jk148706 wrote:For those wondering:

Applied mid Nov, accepted mid Dec.

Scholarship info today was $36k for three years.

Disappointed as a larger scholly would have made WUSTL a legit option


Ditto. All of it.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Attax » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:44 pm

As in 36k spread out over 3 years, or 36k each year for a total of 108k?

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby jk148706 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:45 pm

Attax wrote:As in 36k spread out over 3 years, or 36k each year for a total of 108k?


36k total, 12k per year. Pm for stats

Rangers5
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:24 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Rangers5 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:46 pm

Got 36K spread over 3 years. Kind of disappointed I was expecting slightly more.

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby jk148706 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:47 pm

Rangers5 wrote:Got 36K spread over 3 years. Kind of disappointed I was expecting slightly more.


I was definitely expecting more. Pretty much makes WUSTL not an option.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Attax » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:49 pm

This does not bode well for me.

chingwoo
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:28 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby chingwoo » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:51 pm

$5000/year. This is unfortunate.

User avatar
Fiero85
Posts: 1907
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:38 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Fiero85 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:51 pm

Don't be discouraged people. Until you've gotten other offers and negotiated to the max, anything could happen. If you've got solid stats and/or better offers, negotiate over the next few months before writing WUSTL (or any schools) off your list. Good luck!
Last edited by Fiero85 on Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
McAvoy
Posts: 1584
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:33 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby McAvoy » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:55 pm

Yeah, this was a clown offer. Might withdraw today.

User avatar
blink
Posts: 428
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:14 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby blink » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:55 pm

12 per year. Really disappointed

User avatar
Savage13
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:06 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Savage13 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:58 pm

I just got the scholarship offer as well. Extremely disappointing to say the least. This pretty much eliminates Wash U for me.

User avatar
AT9
Posts: 1298
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby AT9 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:58 pm

Seems I have one of the better offers so far with $51,000 total. That's a little more than I'm willing to pay for WUSTL, but I definitely won't write them off yet. Maybe I'll try to use this to leverage some $ from Vandy. Then if Vandy works, use that to possibly get more from WUSTL? Who knows.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Attax » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:59 pm

I wonder if the lowballing is intentional: to keep people from coming just for the money like they threw around last year. Maybe they want you to fight for it?

MtheG
Posts: 93
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:57 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby MtheG » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:00 pm

Accepted: Late November

Total Award: $30k

User avatar
McAvoy
Posts: 1584
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:33 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby McAvoy » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:02 pm

Attax wrote:I wonder if the lowballing is intentional: to keep people from coming just for the money like they threw around last year. Maybe they want you to fight for it?


Well, it worked on me.

Chriz
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:33 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Chriz » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:05 pm

I only got offered 36k for 3 years. Even Minnesota offered me 30K a year. WUSTL blows. Everyone should withdraw and let them flounder for these insulting offers. They do not want to stay competitive.

User avatar
MarkinKansasCity
Posts: 10955
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:18 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby MarkinKansasCity » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:07 pm

AT9 wrote:Seems I have one of the better offers so far with $51,000 total. That's a little more than I'm willing to pay for WUSTL, but I definitely won't write them off yet. Maybe I'll try to use this to leverage some $ from Vandy. Then if Vandy works, use that to possibly get more from WUSTL? Who knows.

I started at 60k last cycle and ended up with 90k through negotiation, and a full ride after they started making it rain. (cash infusion from larger university) They could just be lowballing people as a reaction to the new scholarship-negotiation paradigm.

User avatar
052220151
Posts: 2421
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:58 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby 052220151 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:08 pm

I got low balled too. I really hope they'll reconsider.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Attax » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:08 pm

MarkinKansasCity wrote:
AT9 wrote:Seems I have one of the better offers so far with $51,000 total. That's a little more than I'm willing to pay for WUSTL, but I definitely won't write them off yet. Maybe I'll try to use this to leverage some $ from Vandy. Then if Vandy works, use that to possibly get more from WUSTL? Who knows.

I started at 60k last cycle and ended up with 90k through negotiation, and a full ride after they started making it rain. (cash infusion from larger university) They could just be lowballing people as a reaction to the new scholarship-negotiation paradigm.


Agreed. My thoughts exactly.

This still seems weird. My thought is that, after last year, they probably expected a flood of people thinking "I'll use WUStL as a leverage against the places I really want to go." Considering how low these offers are, some to 170+ applicants. And that way many will just bail, but those who are legitimately interested in attending will negotiate higher. Just my thoughts at least.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, ec333, myronbolitar, oliviaj_j, potterotter and 19 guests