WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How old are you?

21-
12%
22-23
29%
24-26
40%
27-30
15%
30+
4%

Total votes: 94

sublime

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby sublime » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:51 pm

chuckbass

Postby chuckbass » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:53 pm

winemeup wrote:Sooo......are we actually going to find out our sections tomorrow? And yes, I have been lurking this thread for quite some time.

Hue hue hue. Would you liked to be added to the c/o 2017 group?

winemeup

Postby winemeup » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:34 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:Hue hue hue. Would you liked to be added to the c/o 2017 group?

Sure, how do we make that happen?

sublime wrote:

I hope so.

That way I can start figuring out which people I can/need to help out with what profs. And dump the rest on Cuse, obvi.

ETA: God help your soul if you get 9 am with Konig.

Yeah he sounds scary. Konig...not Cuse, he sounds legit.

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:12 pm

sublime wrote:ETA: God help your soul if you get 9 am with Konig.

i'd personally rather have 9am Konig than the Mandelker/Greenfield combo...but i didn't have Konig so i guess i don't have firm understanding haha

chuckbass

Postby chuckbass » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:29 pm

cusenation wrote:

i'd personally rather have 9am Konig than the Mandelker/Greenfield combo...but i didn't have Konig so i guess i don't have firm understanding haha

Well, it looks like we'll no by tomorrow... Maybe

winemeup

Postby winemeup » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:58 pm

I kinda have a feeling we won't know by tomorrow...

On an unrelated note, have you all already locked down housing? I'm currently in a bidding war over a place. I thought housing was supposed to be abundant and cheap??

LET'S GET IT

Postby LET'S GET IT » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:38 am

winemeup wrote:I kinda have a feeling we won't know by tomorrow...

On an unrelated note, have you all already locked down housing? I'm currently in a bidding war over a place. I thought housing was supposed to be abundant and cheap??

Still working on housing. The "cheap" thing is relative IMO. Coming from Boston or DC, I'm sure it seems incredibly cheap. Coming from where I am, it is actually quite a bit higher. Of course, that is probably because being cheap is about the only thing where I'm coming from has going for it.

As far as abundant--in my hunting so far, I've found that housing is abundant, but also it goes very fast, especially in desirable areas.

chuckbass

Postby chuckbass » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:03 am

LET'S GET IT wrote:

Still working on housing. The "cheap" thing is relative IMO. Coming from Boston or DC, I'm sure it seems incredibly cheap. Coming from where I am, it is actually quite a bit higher. Of course, that is probably because being cheap is about the only thing where I'm coming from has going for it.

As far as abundant--in my hunting so far, I've found that housing is abundant, but also it goes very fast, especially in desirable areas.

Yeah I guess it's all relative. I have a nice albeit small studio in the CWE for $825 including utilities/internet, and a comparable apartment in DC would have been $2k+.

aesth24

Postby aesth24 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:23 am

scottidsntknow wrote:
LET'S GET IT wrote:

Yeah I guess it's all relative. I have a nice albeit small studio in the CWE for $825 including utilities/internet, and a comparable apartment in DC would have been $2k+.

It sounds like we found the same place lol. It's relatively cheap compared to where I'm from though not as cheap as I was expecting, but I'm guessing we're all looking at CWE? I found significantly cheaper housing (and nicer) in other areas around St. Louis, though no one really recommended those places on these forums.

LET'S GET IT

Postby LET'S GET IT » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:26 am

scottidsntknow wrote:
LET'S GET IT wrote:

Just for comparison sake, a studio here in a nice area (like CWE) would be doable for $500 pretty easily.

winemeup

Postby winemeup » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:28 am

Yeah it's definitely cheap compared to where I'm from, and that's not even the east coast. I'm kind of limited though because I have a dog who's a total diva and needs a yard. So basically I'll be cabbing to the bars.

chuckbass

Postby chuckbass » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:37 am

aesth24 wrote:It sounds like we found the same place lol. It's relatively cheap compared to where I'm from though not as cheap as I was expecting, but I'm guessing we're all looking at CWE? I found significantly cheaper housing (and nicer) in other areas around St. Louis, though no one really recommended those places on these forums.

Wait, are you in the Carleton? Lol.

aesth24

Postby aesth24 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:46 am

scottidsntknow wrote:
aesth24 wrote:It sounds like we found the same place lol. It's relatively cheap compared to where I'm from though not as cheap as I was expecting, but I'm guessing we're all looking at CWE? I found significantly cheaper housing (and nicer) in other areas around St. Louis, though no one really recommended those places on these forums.

Yeah lol. Just deposited the other day, found it through padmapper. And to the above^, yeah there were definitely studios in the 550-650 range, but the reviews were appalling though I know that may not be an actual representation of the place, I wasn't able to actually look at places in person so everything was based on reviews, pictures and how responsive/professional the companies came across.

edit: have you actually been to the complex in person? I only did a skype tour and it was blurry as hell, but looked similar to the pictures

edit: totally misread LET'S GET IT's post, my bad, forget what I said
Last edited by aesth24 on Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

LET'S GET IT

Postby LET'S GET IT » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:49 am

aesth24 wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:

Yeah lol. Just deposited the other day, found it through padmapper. And to the above^, yeah there were definitely studios in the 550-650 range, but the reviews were appalling though I know that may not be an actual representation of the place, I wasn't able to actually look at places in person so everything was based on reviews, pictures and how responsive/professional the companies came across.

edit: have you actually been to the complex in person? I only did a skype tour and it was blurry as hell, but looked similar to the pictures

No I definitely believe it. By "here" I meant where I live currently. Wouldn't think you could find a decent place for that in STL.

aesth24

Postby aesth24 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:54 am

LET'S GET IT wrote:
aesth24 wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:

No I definitely believe it. By "here" I meant where I live currently. Wouldn't think you could find a decent place for that in STL.

Haha yeah just caught that and edited my post as you wrote this. My mistake, I feel ya though, not what I was expecting based off of previous discussions here.

chuckbass

Postby chuckbass » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:55 am

aesth24 wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:

Yup, I actually visited in March after ASW and then had meb1212 (TYVM) visited the actual unit I'm renting once one was available and she sent me some pics. It's small, but really nice, especially compared to some other studios I looked at online. Basically for me I loved the area, I wanted wood floors, and I wanted free weights (the gym is pretty lackluster but I can deal with it). You can pm me if you want me to text/fb the pics of my unit though, could give you a better idea than the pics online.

sublime

Postby sublime » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:50 am

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:12 am

lol are all you 1Ls living alone or something? sounds like it since you're talking about studios and such...unfortunately you pay a premium for the privilege of not sharing, like any other city.

You can obtain cheaper housing with roommates or in a different neighborhood after you finish 1L. Priority for now should be minimizing all sources of external stress/friction (e.g. long commute to campus...shitty landlord...shitty property...) so u can focus on school and stuff. So just consider the added housing cost of living in a nicer neighborhood/unit as an investment or something

Dat_T_Train

Postby Dat_T_Train » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:30 am

sublime wrote:
cusenation wrote:

Mandy sounded rough, but I'm glad Greenfield was early.Since it was the only class I legitimately liked first semester, I really tried not to miss it. I did still have like five or six absences though.

Greenfield isn't bad if you just go to class and force yourself to pay attention. I only missed one class and didn't have to study THAT hard in the end. Just watch out for his steely blue gaze.

Konig on the other hand...

georgej

Postby georgej » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:33 pm

I have arrived in st. Louis. Unfortunately, my stuff hasn't. But I will soon be available for socialization with classmates, worry not. And yeah, what's up with no section assignments yet?

njdevils2626

Postby njdevils2626 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:13 pm

So quiet... It's almost eerie

Fiero85

Postby Fiero85 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:21 pm

Sorry devils, we're too sweaty and parched to speak down here in America during the summer. I know you guys are just now thawing out or whatever :wink:

chuckbass

Postby chuckbass » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:08 pm

Fiero85 wrote:Sorry devils, we're too sweaty and parched to speak down here in America during the summer. I know you guys are just now thawing out or whatever :wink:

I'm avoiding DC heat sitting in Starbucks trying to avoid the guy sitting next to me from talking to me :roll:

Fiero85

Postby Fiero85 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:13 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:
Fiero85 wrote:Sorry devils, we're too sweaty and parched to speak down here in America during the summer. I know you guys are just now thawing out or whatever :wink:

I'm avoiding DC heat sitting in Starbucks trying to avoid the guy sitting next to me from talking to me :roll:

AC for DC heat Rocks :P

What's wrong w/ a rando convo every now and then?

You're in the comfort of coffee aroma and A/C, no need to be a grouch.

chuckbass

Postby chuckbass » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:25 pm

Fiero85 wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:

AC for DC heat Rocks :P

What's wrong w/ a rando convo every now and then?

You're in the comfort of coffee aroma and A/C, no need to be a grouch.

I see what you did there :p

And also rando convos are meh, but like creepy guy hitting on me is not as fun. He's gone now. Now it's a cute Chinese couple that clearly doesn't expect small white guy to understand mandarin lololol. The girl told her bf that she liked my shirt and I looked over to them and said thanks haha.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”