WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How old are you?

21-
11
12%
22-23
27
29%
24-26
38
40%
27-30
14
15%
30+
4
4%
 
Total votes: 94

User avatar
peachesthedoge
Posts: 350
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:57 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby peachesthedoge » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:40 pm

njdevils2626 wrote:
Lebrarian_Booker wrote:Anyone who's going to be in St. Louis have plans for tomorrow night? My flight gets in at 8:30...could grab a beer/food.


I'm getting in tomorrow around noon and I should have the night free. I'm definitely in for beer/food/more beer.


possibly in, depending on when/where!

User avatar
njdevils2626
Posts: 384
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:53 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby njdevils2626 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:40 pm

Lebrarian_Booker wrote:
njdevils2626 wrote:
Lebrarian_Booker wrote:Anyone who's going to be in St. Louis have plans for tomorrow night? My flight gets in at 8:30...could grab a beer/food.


I'm getting in tomorrow around noon and I should have the night free. I'm definitely in for beer/food/more beer.


Cool, you staying in CWE?


Closest place I was able to find at a reasonable price was the Ramada Plaza Downtown, but it looks like it should be a 10 minute metro or cab ride at the most

User avatar
Lebrarian_Booker
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:05 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Lebrarian_Booker » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:45 pm

njdevils2626 wrote:
Lebrarian_Booker wrote:
njdevils2626 wrote:
Lebrarian_Booker wrote:Anyone who's going to be in St. Louis have plans for tomorrow night? My flight gets in at 8:30...could grab a beer/food.


I'm getting in tomorrow around noon and I should have the night free. I'm definitely in for beer/food/more beer.


Cool, you staying in CWE?


Closest place I was able to find at a reasonable price was the Ramada Plaza Downtown, but it looks like it should be a 10 minute metro or cab ride at the most


Cool, hanging out downtown would also be fun.

Pro Brono
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:18 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Pro Brono » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:45 pm

cusenation wrote:So fucking bored at work and not enough delusional 0L posts to keep me entertained.

Cusenation's AMA. *

No quoting any of my responses. Go.





*I reserve the right to PM instead of posting publicly if someone asks too personal (e.g. my grades)


Do you have to do a minimum contacts analysis for federal claims or is that only for state? Pls advise

User avatar
peachesthedoge
Posts: 350
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:57 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby peachesthedoge » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:49 pm

Pro Brono wrote:
cusenation wrote:So fucking bored at work and not enough delusional 0L posts to keep me entertained.

Cusenation's AMA. *

No quoting any of my responses. Go.





*I reserve the right to PM instead of posting publicly if someone asks too personal (e.g. my grades)


Do you have to do a minimum contacts analysis for federal claims or is that only for state? Pls advise


^ can't tell if gunner or trolling ...

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby DoveBodyWash » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:49 pm

Pro Brono wrote:Do you have to do a minimum contacts analysis for federal claims or is that only for state? Pls advise

wtf is a state claim?

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby DoveBodyWash » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:52 pm

peachesthedoge wrote:
Pro Brono wrote:
cusenation wrote:So fucking bored at work and not enough delusional 0L posts to keep me entertained.

Cusenation's AMA. *

No quoting any of my responses. Go.





*I reserve the right to PM instead of posting publicly if someone asks too personal (e.g. my grades)


Do you have to do a minimum contacts analysis for federal claims or is that only for state? Pls advise


^ can't tell if gunner or trolling ...


He's performing his civic duty to remind me of how little civ pro i learned. That's what happens when you skip a chunk of your classes and not pay attention during the rest

User avatar
Ricky-Bobby
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:34 pm

The magically-mysterious Cuse's Roommate appears...

Pro Brono
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:18 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Pro Brono » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:41 pm

.
Last edited by Pro Brono on Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Ricky-Bobby
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:49 pm

Pro Brono wrote:
cusenation wrote:3. Every time we go to Casino Queen. There was a brief moment when we were gonna go to a thanksgiving buffet at a strip club at like 10pm, but didn't end up happening

Bro leave my holiday plans out of your TLS posting

Speaking of, which one were you planning to visit? The area establishments vary wildly in quality.

taker_of_lsats
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:32 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby taker_of_lsats » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:55 pm

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
Pro Brono wrote:
cusenation wrote:3. Every time we go to Casino Queen. There was a brief moment when we were gonna go to a thanksgiving buffet at a strip club at like 10pm, but didn't end up happening

Bro leave my holiday plans out of your TLS posting

Speaking of, which one were you planning to visit? The area establishments vary wildly in quality.


To think that I thought that Fiero revisiting the Anna Donovan discussion was a tasteless road to go down…

User avatar
Ricky-Bobby
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:02 pm

taker_of_lsats wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote:
Pro Brono wrote:
cusenation wrote:3. Every time we go to Casino Queen. There was a brief moment when we were gonna go to a thanksgiving buffet at a strip club at like 10pm, but didn't end up happening

Bro leave my holiday plans out of your TLS posting

Speaking of, which one were you planning to visit? The area establishments vary wildly in quality.


To think that I thought that Fiero revisiting the Anna Donovan discussion was a tasteless road to go down…

If you're looking for tasteless roads, try Miss Kitty's. "Tasteless" doesn't even begin to describe the goings-on in that place.

User avatar
Fiero85
Posts: 1907
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:38 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Fiero85 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:02 pm

Woohoo, 2nd most tasteless in recent memory! Momma Fiero will be proud :wink:

User avatar
georgej
Posts: 2368
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:55 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby georgej » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:31 pm

Attention future classmates already living in the Lou:

I will arrive in town July 1st, but I'm only bringing my mattress, books, cloths, and wife. As such, I'm going to need to furnish my apartment. Do you guys know if any decent furniture stores in town do something like no interest financing for the first 6 months, maybe as like part of a 4th of July sale? Or even if not, where should I buy furniture? I need: a bedframe with storage drawers, a 5 seat sectional, a writing desk, a comfy writing desk swivel chair, a 4-6 seat dining table, and one or two large bookshelves. I do not like Ikea or similar stuff that requires extensive assembly. Thanks in advance.

User avatar
Fiero85
Posts: 1907
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:38 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Fiero85 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:43 pm

georgej wrote:Attention future classmates already living in the Lou:

I will arrive in town July 1st, but I'm only bringing my mattress, books, cloths, and wife. As such, I'm going to need to furnish my apartment. Do you guys know if any decent furniture stores in town do something like no interest financing for the first 6 months, maybe as like part of a 4th of July sale? Or even if not, where should I buy furniture? I need: a bedframe with storage drawers, a 5 seat sectional, a writing desk, a comfy writing desk swivel chair, a 4-6 seat dining table, and one or two large bookshelves. I do not like Ikea or similar stuff that requires extensive assembly. Thanks in advance.


This answer is not tailored to your situation, but in general, Weekends Only has the best deals in town for new stuff. But they are a warehouse style store and idk how delivery works there because I've never used it. BUT, I think the chair, bookshelves, and dining table could be had for a good price there. Check it out, especially if you have a truck or van available.

Edit: didn't catch the assembly thing at first. Most stuff at Weekends Only is self-assemble. But then again a bookshelf or table is so easy, so you might be swayed.

Other than that, my recommendations run dry. I have super limited furniture buying experience because I've gotten by on craiglist, yard sales, and taking stuff from my parent's house so far lol

Good luck george
Last edited by Fiero85 on Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Ricky-Bobby
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:43 pm

georgej wrote:As such, I'm going to need to furnish my apartment.

http://www.carolhouse.com/
Do you like nice things? Because I like nice things.

taker_of_lsats
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:32 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby taker_of_lsats » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:45 pm

Ricky-Bobby wrote:If you're looking for tasteless roads, try Miss Kitty's. "Tasteless" doesn't even begin to describe the goings-on in that place.


I googled that establishment, and one of the first links describes it as a "skinhead nazi strip club" where a black man was killed. It is also in Illinois.

Honestly, I am curious to hear how one of these places can be more tasteless than another, so if you were serious, drop me a PM.

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby DoveBodyWash » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:48 pm

georgej wrote:Attention future classmates already living in the Lou:

I will arrive in town July 1st, but I'm only bringing my mattress, books, cloths, and wife. As such, I'm going to need to furnish my apartment. Do you guys know if any decent furniture stores in town do something like no interest financing for the first 6 months, maybe as like part of a 4th of July sale? Or even if not, where should I buy furniture? I need: a bedframe with storage drawers, a 5 seat sectional, a writing desk, a comfy writing desk swivel chair, a 4-6 seat dining table, and one or two large bookshelves. I do not like Ikea or similar stuff that requires extensive assembly. Thanks in advance.

Check out Cort Furniture...u can buy like an apartment set of furniture for 1200 or something.

Are you living alone? I split our common room furniture with my roommates and just bought stuff online/Target for my bedroom. Minus the mattress of course

User avatar
peachesthedoge
Posts: 350
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:57 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby peachesthedoge » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:52 pm

cusenation wrote:
georgej wrote:Attention future classmates already living in the Lou:

I will arrive in town July 1st, but I'm only bringing my mattress, books, cloths, and wife. As such, I'm going to need to furnish my apartment. Do you guys know if any decent furniture stores in town do something like no interest financing for the first 6 months, maybe as like part of a 4th of July sale? Or even if not, where should I buy furniture? I need: a bedframe with storage drawers, a 5 seat sectional, a writing desk, a comfy writing desk swivel chair, a 4-6 seat dining table, and one or two large bookshelves. I do not like Ikea or similar stuff that requires extensive assembly. Thanks in advance.

Check out Cort Furniture...u can buy like an apartment set of furniture for 1200 or something.

Are you living alone? I split our common room furniture with my roommates and just bought stuff online/Target for my bedroom. Minus the mattress of course


I would guess he's living with dat wyfe

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby DoveBodyWash » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:52 pm

peachesthedoge wrote:
cusenation wrote:
georgej wrote:Attention future classmates already living in the Lou:

I will arrive in town July 1st, but I'm only bringing my mattress, books, cloths, and wife. As such, I'm going to need to furnish my apartment. Do you guys know if any decent furniture stores in town do something like no interest financing for the first 6 months, maybe as like part of a 4th of July sale? Or even if not, where should I buy furniture? I need: a bedframe with storage drawers, a 5 seat sectional, a writing desk, a comfy writing desk swivel chair, a 4-6 seat dining table, and one or two large bookshelves. I do not like Ikea or similar stuff that requires extensive assembly. Thanks in advance.

Check out Cort Furniture...u can buy like an apartment set of furniture for 1200 or something.

Are you living alone? I split our common room furniture with my roommates and just bought stuff online/Target for my bedroom. Minus the mattress of course


I would guess he's living with dat wyfe

Fuck should have read it more closely lol

ETA: Check this place out http://www.weekendsonly.com/ they come and assemble it for you
Last edited by DoveBodyWash on Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
georgej
Posts: 2368
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:55 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby georgej » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:53 pm

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
georgej wrote:As such, I'm going to need to furnish my apartment.

http://www.carolhouse.com/
Do you like nice things? Because I like nice things.


I do like nice things haha

Thanks for these recommendations everyone.

Cuse, I'm living with my wife only so we have nobody to share expenses with. Cost is not as big of an issue as quality/comfort though since she'll be working full-time in the capacity of my sugar-mama for the next three years.

User avatar
Fiero85
Posts: 1907
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:38 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Fiero85 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:59 pm

Cuse with the no-cred swipe of my rec :|

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby DoveBodyWash » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:59 pm

Fiero85 wrote:Cuse with the no-cred swipe of my rec :|

LOL my bad, didn't read closely enough

User avatar
Fiero85
Posts: 1907
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:38 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Fiero85 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:02 pm

cusenation wrote:
Fiero85 wrote:Cuse with the no-cred swipe of my rec :|

LOL my bad, didn't read closely enough


Haha no worries. I think I'm still on the leeching end of things between us for the forseeable future. You can take my domestic life recs all day if I can hear your LS recs.

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby DoveBodyWash » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:07 pm

Fiero85 wrote:
cusenation wrote:
Fiero85 wrote:Cuse with the no-cred swipe of my rec :|

LOL my bad, didn't read closely enough


Haha no worries. I think I'm still on the leeching end of things between us for the forseeable future. You can take my domestic life recs all day if I can hear your LS recs.

I'm going to have some difficult choices to make if too many of you get Tamanaha/Baker/Mandelker




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”