WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How old are you?

21-
11
12%
22-23
27
29%
24-26
38
40%
27-30
14
15%
30+
4
4%
 
Total votes: 94

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby DoveBodyWash » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:15 pm

None of you should live at Monticello. Because I want to rent a one bedroom or studio there. And i need them to have units available at least until late June.

Actually, none of you should live alone or start looking for one bedrooms until at least July 15th. All of you should live in two bedrooms

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby chuckbass » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:22 pm

cusenation wrote:None of you should live at Monticello. Because I want to rent a one bedroom or studio there. And i need them to have units available at least until late June.

Actually, none of you should live alone or start looking for one bedrooms until at least July 15th. All of you should live in two bedrooms

Hooray you would be across the street from me.

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby DoveBodyWash » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:28 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:
cusenation wrote:None of you should live at Monticello. Because I want to rent a one bedroom or studio there. And i need them to have units available at least until late June.

Actually, none of you should live alone or start looking for one bedrooms until at least July 15th. All of you should live in two bedrooms

Hooray you would be across the street from me.

we're gonna have to establish some boundaries for when and how you're allowed to ask me for exam advice..

User avatar
sublime
Posts: 15395
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby sublime » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:31 pm

..

User avatar
Fiero85
Posts: 1906
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:38 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Fiero85 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:33 pm

sublime wrote:
cusenation wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:
cusenation wrote:None of you should live at Monticello. Because I want to rent a one bedroom or studio there. And i need them to have units available at least until late June.

Actually, none of you should live alone or start looking for one bedrooms until at least July 15th. All of you should live in two bedrooms

Hooray you would be across the street from me.

we're gonna have to establish some boundaries for when and how you're allowed to ask me for exam advice..




:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I LOL'd irl.


:D

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby DoveBodyWash » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:44 pm

sublime wrote:
cusenation wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:
cusenation wrote:None of you should live at Monticello. Because I want to rent a one bedroom or studio there. And i need them to have units available at least until late June.

Actually, none of you should live alone or start looking for one bedrooms until at least July 15th. All of you should live in two bedrooms

Hooray you would be across the street from me.

we're gonna have to establish some boundaries for when and how you're allowed to ask me for exam advice..




:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I LOL'd irl.

I hope all the 0L's get greenfield so i can send them all to you

User avatar
sublime
Posts: 15395
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby sublime » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:45 pm

..

User avatar
theletterj
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:47 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby theletterj » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:50 pm

I'm thinking of living on Washington Avenue or Leland Avenue. Are those walkable to the school or should I just use the metro?

User avatar
sublime
Posts: 15395
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby sublime » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:51 pm

..

User avatar
theletterj
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:47 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby theletterj » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:54 pm

This is one is close to Delmar.

User avatar
sublime
Posts: 15395
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby sublime » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:58 pm

..

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby chuckbass » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:03 pm

sublime wrote:
cusenation wrote:I hope all the 0L's get greenfield so i can send them all to you



I don't even mind that much. But Scotty seeks LS advice with the same level of restraint that a newly-born puppy has.

:(

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby chuckbass » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:03 pm

cusenation wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:
cusenation wrote:None of you should live at Monticello. Because I want to rent a one bedroom or studio there. And i need them to have units available at least until late June.

Actually, none of you should live alone or start looking for one bedrooms until at least July 15th. All of you should live in two bedrooms

Hooray you would be across the street from me.

we're gonna have to establish some boundaries for when and how you're allowed to ask me for exam advice..

Ugh...

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby DoveBodyWash » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:10 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:Ugh...

as long as it's after 9am and before 2am it's fair game lol

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby chuckbass » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:15 pm

cusenation wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:Ugh...

as long as it's after 9am and before 2am it's fair game lol

:)

User avatar
Dredd_2017
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:24 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Dredd_2017 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:33 pm

cusenation wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:Ugh...
as long as it's after 9am and before 2am it's fair game lol

I'm writing this down cuse, You can't edit now! :D

Bought my plane tickets for housing day, flying in on the 18th afternoon and flying out on the 21st around the same time. Just bought a bunch of Ghirardelli I'll be bringing along for my tls brethren / to thank admissions for putting up with me. Sadly the huge assorted weren't on their crazy sale so its just a ton of the smaller bags that were.

Nj I'm totally down for a cardinals game on the 19th, think they're playing the mets that night. I figure I'll just buy the seats together once we find out who's in and you can all get me a hot dog.

Did anyone get a place just south of wustl last year? My buddy will be checking that out while I hunt in ucity / the loop, we're looking for a 2 bedroom although if there's a solid 3 bedroom we could grab a roommate.

User avatar
sublime
Posts: 15395
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby sublime » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:57 pm

..

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby DoveBodyWash » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:59 pm

sublime wrote:
cusenation wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:Ugh...

as long as it's after 9am and before 2am it's fair game lol


Those are Cuse's hours, not mine. Just to be clear. lol

Sublime's office hours become much more generous if you drink with him

User avatar
sublime
Posts: 15395
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby sublime » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:18 pm

..

User avatar
johnnyquest
Posts: 209
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:56 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby johnnyquest » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:23 pm

I have noticed that the area just south of Forest Park takes a significant dip in rental prices. Do WashU students live in this area? Can anyone give me some info on this area of town?

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby DoveBodyWash » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:25 pm

johnnyquest wrote:I have noticed that the area just south of Forest Park takes a significant dip in rental prices. Do WashU students live in this area? Can anyone give me some info on this area of town?

can u give us a street location or neighborhood? "South of Forest Park" means nothing to me because my orientation is all whacked out..i don't know what's north or south in relation to Forest Park

User avatar
johnnyquest
Posts: 209
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:56 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby johnnyquest » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:42 pm

cusenation wrote:
johnnyquest wrote:I have noticed that the area just south of Forest Park takes a significant dip in rental prices. Do WashU students live in this area? Can anyone give me some info on this area of town?

can u give us a street location or neighborhood? "South of Forest Park" means nothing to me because my orientation is all whacked out..i don't know what's north or south in relation to Forest Park

Yeah. Sorry about that.
I'm wondering about the area below:
Image

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby DoveBodyWash » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:44 pm

ohhh yeah i remember looking at that area when i was looking for an apartment. To be honest the deals there aren't bad, the problem is that very few people live down there. I don't remember any of my classmates living there. There's not much to do in terms of bars and such, and it's not near a metro stop (there are bus stops though), so it doesn't attract a lot of people.

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby chuckbass » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:45 pm

sublime wrote:
cusenation wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:Ugh...

as long as it's after 9am and before 2am it's fair game lol


Those are Cuse's hours, not mine. Just to be clear. lol


And it was meant as a compliment Scotty, it really is endearing.

I feel so jaded in comparison.

Yeah I know :) I mean, otherwise you wouldn't fb chat me, etc.

Cellar-door
Posts: 370
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:33 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Cellar-door » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:23 am

johnnyquest wrote:
cusenation wrote:
johnnyquest wrote:I have noticed that the area just south of Forest Park takes a significant dip in rental prices. Do WashU students live in this area? Can anyone give me some info on this area of town?

can u give us a street location or neighborhood? "South of Forest Park" means nothing to me because my orientation is all whacked out..i don't know what's north or south in relation to Forest Park

Yeah. Sorry about that.
I'm wondering about the area below:
Image


Hi-Pointe basically?
It's alright, to live in, but there isn't much there. You won't have anyone near you (can be good) but also you'll have to drive to do anything at all (sucks).
As Cuse noted, you aren't near the metro so it will be a pain to get to UCity or CWE if you plan to go out. It will be even worse trying to get downtown or Soulard if that interests you.
Edit- Also if the winter is like this year, it'll suck, lots of hills there and low priority for snow plows I believe.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”