WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How old are you?

21-
12%
22-23
29%
24-26
40%
27-30
15%
30+
4%

Total votes: 94

bound

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby bound » Thu May 15, 2014 4:53 pm

dsamuels wrote:

Looks Like We Go to the Same School Bound!

saaaaay whattttt?!?! be my friend!

Letzgo1Gen

Postby Letzgo1Gen » Thu May 15, 2014 9:02 pm

Did anyone else get an unsolicited bump today?

As of today, I got wait listed at a couple T-14s- wondering if there is any correlation. Doubtful.

njdevils2626

Postby njdevils2626 » Fri May 16, 2014 6:37 pm

Letzgo1Gen wrote:Did anyone else get an unsolicited bump today?

As of today, I got wait listed at a couple T-14s- wondering if there is any correlation. Doubtful.

I got off a waitlist today, so I guess movement is starting

dsamuels

Postby dsamuels » Fri May 16, 2014 6:48 pm

bound wrote:
dsamuels wrote:

Looks Like We Go to the Same School Bound!

saaaaay whattttt?!?! be my friend!

Ayyyy!!! Of Course! Beardown baby!

njdevils2626 wrote:
Letzgo1Gen wrote:Did anyone else get an unsolicited bump today?

I got off a waitlist today, so I guess movement is starting

And its about damn TIME!

Dredd_2017

Postby Dredd_2017 » Sat May 17, 2014 5:56 am

Foolish questions because I'm too lazy to hop back through and find answers:

• Do we have a Facebook group? If so I'll have a reason to reactivate, if not I assume we'll just complain about scotti not being the social butterfly we all expected until he makes one.
  • Is anyone else coming to June 19th housing besides those who mentioned it recently (NJ, myself, peaches, I assume fiero as he's from STL)?

Also I'm going to be in both Florida and Maryland sometime this summer, lemme know if you're nearby so we can hang out and discuss all the books we've already bought that are gathering dust.

chingwoo

Postby chingwoo » Sat May 17, 2014 12:20 pm

Dredd_2017 wrote:Foolish questions because I'm too lazy to hop back through and find answers:

• Do we have a Facebook group? If so I'll have a reason to reactivate, if not I assume we'll just complain about scotti not being the social butterfly we all expected until he makes one.
  • Is anyone else coming to June 19th housing besides those who mentioned it recently (NJ, myself, peaches, I assume fiero as he's from STL)?

Also I'm going to be in both Florida and Maryland sometime this summer, lemme know if you're nearby so we can hang out and discuss all the books we've already bought that are gathering dust.

Yeah there is a TLS facebook group and a general one. The general one is on the first page.

njdevils2626

Postby njdevils2626 » Sun May 18, 2014 3:03 pm

Dredd_2017 wrote:Foolish questions because I'm too lazy to hop back through and find answers:

Hey Dredd, I'm going to be looking into accommodations in the next couple days, you decide on a hotel or anything like that yet?

Dredd_2017

Postby Dredd_2017 » Sun May 18, 2014 3:50 pm

njdevils2626 wrote:Hey Dredd, I'm going to be looking into accommodations in the next couple days, you decide on a hotel or anything like that yet?

Nah I'll be doing that tomorrow with my friend who is also flying out. Fortunately my brother just spent a while in St. Louis visiting a med school friend (But didn't travel to the law school even once...) and he stayed in a decent place in the CWE. Figure unless I find something better tomorrow or super-close to the school I'll just rent a car and do the same.

I'll PM you when I lock a place down :)

meb1212

Postby meb1212 » Sun May 18, 2014 8:23 pm

I won't be at housing day, but will be around. I already live in the area.

peachesthedoge

Postby peachesthedoge » Sun May 18, 2014 10:23 pm

meb1212 wrote:

I won't be at housing day, but will be around. I already live in the area.

chuckbass

Postby chuckbass » Mon May 19, 2014 12:34 am

I'm just gonna flap my wings and not invite you to the pool party in August...

StateSeal

Postby StateSeal » Mon May 19, 2014 1:20 pm

I live two hours away, so I came into town and scoped out options over the last two weekends. Very excited about making the move. Also, Seoul Taco is delicious.

Eberry

Postby Eberry » Mon May 19, 2014 3:10 pm

NBA Chatter, LLP, a 16 member sports thread on Top-Law-Schools ("TLS"), is seeking a highly qualified sports poster with 2-3 years of experience to join our sophisticated and vibrant basketball discussion thread. Candidates should possess a broad range of experience in NBA memes, GIFs, and statistics. Experience in NBA posting in another large multi-purpose forum or at a sports boutique forum is preferred. Candidates must have excellent posting credentials and strong written and oral communication skills.

For more information, please visit: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=217429

Chinese_Mafia

Postby Chinese_Mafia » Mon May 19, 2014 7:46 pm

Anyone hearing back from adcomm about WL?

It's so QUIET here.

dsamuels

Postby dsamuels » Mon May 19, 2014 8:06 pm

Chinese_Mafia wrote:Anyone hearing back from adcomm about WL?

It's so QUIET here.
Last edited by dsamuels on Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JimmyFredette

Postby JimmyFredette » Mon May 19, 2014 8:10 pm

dsamuels wrote:

It's so QUIET here.

Not me. I just sent another LOCI. They responded really fast. Like 20 minutes later, that they received it and are adding it to my file. That response time was crazy fast.

My impression is that they have made all the WL offers they wanted to make after the April 15th deposit deadline. Now they are seeing how the chips fall after the June 1st deadline. Looks promising though. From the kind Sir Spivey, former CSO at WUSTL, now sellsword:

MikeSpivey wrote:I want to give people some peace of mind. For as long as I have been doing this (which dates back to 2000), now is the time people start saying: "this is going to be a really bad year for WL movement because of x, y, and/or z." Z, Y, and Z often change, but this statement is always repeated. Every single year.

Some years the statement is correct. This year, it won't be but for a small number of schools.

Just looking at the data, everything is loaded in favor of you, the applicant.

Applications are down at private school by 8.5%, at public by 9.8%.
Applications are down in every single race category with the exception of "not indicated."
Female applicants are down 7.5%, male down 9.1%
LSAT scores are down in 7 of 9 bandwidths. (I will post the data on my blog this weekend)
163 of 200 schools are reporting a drop in applications.

Few law schools are going to publicly say en masse, "we are suffering let it be known"...but that is exactly the landscape we are looking at.

This will be a wonderful year for WL movement. One of the stronger I have seen in 14 years of tracking this. If you had applied 5 years ago, it would have been much tougher. A few years from now, when there may be fewer law schools and more applicants, it will be slimmer pickings. But for now, it is May. The summer is long and full of Melting. hang in there!

Mike

(also, I don't have the ability to post this on every individual school thread but please feel free to share!)

dsamuels

Postby dsamuels » Mon May 19, 2014 8:44 pm

JimmyFredette wrote:
dsamuels wrote:

It's so QUIET here.

Not me. I just sent another LOCI. They responded really fast. Like 20 minutes later, that they received it and are adding it to my file. That response time was crazy fast.

My impression is that they have made all the WL offers they wanted to make after the April 15th deposit deadline. Now they are seeing how the chips fall after the June 1st deadline. Looks promising though. From the kind Sir Spivey, former CSO at WUSTL, now sellsword:

MikeSpivey wrote:I want to give people some peace of mind. For as long as I have been doing this (which dates back to 2000), now is the time people start saying: "this is going to be a really bad year for WL movement because of x, y, and/or z." Z, Y, and Z often change, but this statement is always repeated. Every single year.

Some years the statement is correct. This year, it won't be but for a small number of schools.

Just looking at the data, everything is loaded in favor of you, the applicant.

Applications are down at private school by 8.5%, at public by 9.8%.
Applications are down in every single race category with the exception of "not indicated."
Female applicants are down 7.5%, male down 9.1%
LSAT scores are down in 7 of 9 bandwidths. (I will post the data on my blog this weekend)
163 of 200 schools are reporting a drop in applications.

Few law schools are going to publicly say en masse, "we are suffering let it be known"...but that is exactly the landscape we are looking at.

This will be a wonderful year for WL movement. One of the stronger I have seen in 14 years of tracking this. If you had applied 5 years ago, it would have been much tougher. A few years from now, when there may be fewer law schools and more applicants, it will be slimmer pickings. But for now, it is May. The summer is long and full of Melting. hang in there!

Mike

(also, I don't have the ability to post this on every individual school thread but please feel free to share!)

Yupp Yupp, I feel like this is the best time to get off the WL. I'm waitlisted at a few, so I'm thinking after the deadline I will get a few calls. The question is do I put a deposit down on the school(s) I have put a deposit down on already, or wait it out. Decisions Decisions.

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Mon May 19, 2014 8:45 pm

dsamuels wrote:Yupp Yupp, I feel like this is the best time to get off the WL. I'm waitlisted at a few, so I'm thinking after the deadline I will get a few calls. The question is do I put a deposit down on the school(s) I have put a deposit down on already, or wait it out. Decisions Decisions.

all of the above. Deposit at a school(s) that you would be okay attending for now, ride out waitlists and see what comes to fruition. Then you can make a decision (including the option of re-applying) once all offers are on the table

peaches9848

Postby peaches9848 » Mon May 19, 2014 9:08 pm

dsamuels wrote:

It's so QUIET here.

Same here! They were super fast at responding :)

Chinese_Mafia

Postby Chinese_Mafia » Mon May 19, 2014 9:26 pm

cusenation wrote:
dsamuels wrote:Yupp Yupp, I feel like this is the best time to get off the WL. I'm waitlisted at a few, so I'm thinking after the deadline I will get a few calls. The question is do I put a deposit down on the school(s) I have put a deposit down on already, or wait it out. Decisions Decisions.

all of the above. Deposit at a school(s) that you would be okay attending for now, ride out waitlists and see what comes to fruition. Then you can make a decision (including the option of re-applying) once all offers are on the table

I have four WLs and 1 offer that I am swinging going or not going. This drives me crazy waiting for the WL.

JimmyFredette

Postby JimmyFredette » Mon May 19, 2014 9:31 pm

Chinese_Mafia wrote:
cusenation wrote:

I have four WLs and 1 offer that I am swinging going or not going. This drives me crazy waiting for the WL.

The closer we get to June 1st WL admits, the more I think about what 200k debt really is. Even if I get a nominal 20k scholarship, 180K is a considerable amount of money. 180k is, like, 2 McChickens everyday for three hundred odd years. Your childrens childrens children would be eating McChickens. Of course, we might not get there because of global warming. Thanks, Obama.

chuckbass

Postby chuckbass » Mon May 19, 2014 11:58 pm

Where would all of you WL folk be going in the event that you don't get in to wustl?

Dredd_2017

Postby Dredd_2017 » Tue May 20, 2014 1:37 am

JimmyFredette wrote:180K is a considerable amount of money. 180k is, like, 2 McChickens everyday for three hundred odd years. Your childrens childrens children would be eating McChickens. Of course, we might not get there because of global warming. Thanks, Obama.
You are rapidly becoming a quality poster in this thread.
cusenation wrote:all of the above. Deposit at a school(s) that you would be okay attending for now, ride out waitlists and see what comes to fruition. Then you can make a decision (including the option of re-applying) once all offers are on the table
Cuse is spot on, make sure to 1st deposit (Rarely more than $300 except at the Boston's) at a law school you are willing to go to if all your other options vaporize, then send in LOCI's and ride out the wait lists on all the others. That ensures maximum flexibility and negotiating leverage down the line. Do, however, withdraw from all schools (Accepted or waitlisted) that you would NOT go to, maybe you'll make a TLS'ers day!

Peaches / Meb / State Seal (If you're in the area) / Fiero - We should do dinner or hang out sometime on housing day. I'll probably stay 1-2 extra days just to check out St. Louis as well, so if there are any good restaurants / museums / shenanigans you can recommend I'm all ears.

NJ I haven't forgotten about you, will send you a PM when I make flight/hotel plans tomorrow (Today got bound up in computer build issues).

Edit: Totally forgot, but if any of the 1L's are still hanging about St. Louis pipe up if you'll be free around housing day (June 19th). I believe I owe Mark in particular some chocolate.

JimmyFredette

Postby JimmyFredette » Tue May 20, 2014 3:08 am

scottidsntknow wrote:Where would all of you WL folk be going in the event that you don't get in to wustl?

I feel like this is scotti not so subtly saying that he really hopes I don't go to WUSTL. I'm totally not going to be able to tell any of you what my TLS handle is. When people ask if I'm on TLS, I'll be the guy who is all like, "What is TLS? I don't do drugs."

Ricky-Bobby

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Tue May 20, 2014 8:49 am

Dredd_2017 wrote:Peaches / Meb / State Seal (If you're in the area) / Fiero - We should do dinner or hang out sometime on housing day. I'll probably stay 1-2 extra days just to check out St. Louis as well, so if there are any good restaurants / museums / shenanigans you can recommend I'm all ears.

Thanks for the invite, dick.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”