WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How old are you?

21-
11
12%
22-23
27
29%
24-26
38
40%
27-30
14
15%
30+
4
4%
 
Total votes: 94

User avatar
Dredd_2017
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:24 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Dredd_2017 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:03 pm

njdevils2626 wrote:
Dredd_2017 wrote:
sublime wrote:It is crazy, coming from a football area, how much people care about baseball here.

I still haven't decided whether it is annoying or endearing. :lol:


Whoa whoa, St. Louis is primarily a baseball city? I...I've found my people!

Dunno if I'll be able to switch my allegiance from the Giants to the Cardinals though...


You should probably switch allegiances from the Giants to basically anyone else at all ;)


https://i.imgur.com/4avNnfo.gif :wink:

If anyone can teach me how to insert gifs into the body of a post instead of linking, I'll bring you some Ghiradelli chocolate from San Francisco when I come to WUSTL!

User avatar
MarkinKansasCity
Posts: 11019
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:18 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby MarkinKansasCity » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:05 pm

Dredd_2017 wrote:
njdevils2626 wrote:
Dredd_2017 wrote:
sublime wrote:It is crazy, coming from a football area, how much people care about baseball here.

I still haven't decided whether it is annoying or endearing. :lol:


Whoa whoa, St. Louis is primarily a baseball city? I...I've found my people!

Dunno if I'll be able to switch my allegiance from the Giants to the Cardinals though...


You should probably switch allegiances from the Giants to basically anyone else at all ;)


https://i.imgur.com/4avNnfo.gif :wink:

If anyone can teach me how to insert gifs into the body of a post instead of linking, I'll bring you some Ghiradelli chocolate from San Francisco when I come to WUSTL!


PM me when you get here with my chocolate. My wife will be thrilled. :lol:

Get to 100 posts, then *[*img]https://i.imgur.com/4avNnfo.gif[/img]*

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
Dredd_2017
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:24 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Dredd_2017 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:11 pm

Ahhh 100 posts!

Still, you told me so I'll PM you when I show up in probably a month or two to check it out / secure a place for next year. There's a huge Ghiradelli factory / shipping depot near me so I can get boxes of the stuff quite cheap, I'll be bringing a ton out to last me through the first semester as well as selectively bribe people.

User avatar
meb1212
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby meb1212 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:20 pm

:D
Dredd_2017 wrote:Ahhh 100 posts!

Still, you told me so I'll PM you when I show up in probably a month or two to check it out / secure a place for next year. There's a huge Ghiradelli factory / shipping depot near me so I can get boxes of the stuff quite cheap, I'll be bringing a ton out to last me through the first semester as well as selectively bribe people.



I was not helpful (see low post count), but currently live in StL and can be bribed with high quality chocolate if you need help scoping out the area when you visit.
:D

User avatar
Chinese_Mafia
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:46 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Chinese_Mafia » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:06 pm

St Louis is also a Bar Be Que city.

User avatar
MarkinKansasCity
Posts: 11019
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:18 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby MarkinKansasCity » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:09 pm

Chinese_Mafia wrote:St Louis is also a Bar Be Que city.


Sorry, real barbeque is about 250 miles west. St. Louis is just a poor substitute.

User avatar
KanyeShrug
Posts: 617
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby KanyeShrug » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:13 pm

njdevils2626 wrote:
KanyeShrug wrote:Thanks again to Peaches and Fiero for taking me out and TRYING to make me a Cards fan. Although your efforts were futile, you fought valiantly.


Kanye, what team are you a fan of? Lifetime Dodgers fan here. Gonna be nice to live in a baseball city again, I miss the Expos


Tigers, which makes the whole Cards thing even tougher. MUCH tougher.

Just being in St Louis for two days, I could tell the city is absolutely insane for the Cardinals.

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby chuckbass » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:23 pm

KanyeShrug wrote:
njdevils2626 wrote:
KanyeShrug wrote:Thanks again to Peaches and Fiero for taking me out and TRYING to make me a Cards fan. Although your efforts were futile, you fought valiantly.


Kanye, what team are you a fan of? Lifetime Dodgers fan here. Gonna be nice to live in a baseball city again, I miss the Expos


Tigers, which makes the whole Cards thing even tougher. MUCH tougher.

Just being in St Louis for two days, I could tell the city is absolutely insane for the Cardinals.

Dude plus they just finished that ballpark stuff, which looks sick.

User avatar
KanyeShrug
Posts: 617
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby KanyeShrug » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:42 pm

PICS

Image

Image

Image
(not AB Hall, but still)

Image

Image

Image

I have a bunch of shots of the cafe atrium and the reading room, but I figure everyone's seen those pictures a million times.

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby chuckbass » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:49 pm

Your pics are good! Please post the others ;)

User avatar
KanyeShrug
Posts: 617
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby KanyeShrug » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:55 pm

Thanks man. The others are really unoriginal and would only impress people that haven't scoured the website a billion times, which I'm sure we all have. I'll keep 'em in the archives.

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby chuckbass » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:59 pm

KanyeShrug wrote:Thanks man. The others are really unoriginal and would only impress people that haven't scoured the website a billion times, which I'm sure we all have. I'll keep 'em in the archives.

Okkkkkk. And also siege hall was good to take a pic of, considering some of the law classes are actually in that building.

User avatar
Dredd_2017
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:24 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Dredd_2017 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:19 am

KanyeShrug wrote:Thanks man. The others are really unoriginal and would only impress people that haven't scoured the website a billion times, which I'm sure we all have. I'll keep 'em in the archives.


Your pictures are awesome and the school is downright beautiful, don't sell yourself short! If the atrium pic is the same as the earlier one in this thread then we've all seen it, but if you got one on a sunnier day that would be great to see!

meb1212 wrote:I was not helpful (see low post count), but currently live in StL and can be bribed with high quality chocolate if you need help scoping out the area when you visit.
:D


My plan is already working, soon everyone will be at the mercy of my chocolatey goodness :twisted:

User avatar
mt2165
Posts: 508
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:58 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby mt2165 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:27 am

Officially withdrawing. WUSTL is a great school, sad to say I won't meet you all. Good luck everyone.

PSA: Full ride back on the table if anyone's negotiating.

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby chuckbass » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:29 am

mt2165 wrote:Officially withdrawing. WUSTL is a great school, sad to say I won't meet you all. Good luck everyone.

PSA: Full ride back on the table if anyone's negotiating.

Sorry to hear it, but if you're turning down a full ride at WUSTL obviously you have other amazing choices :)

Also yay money, I'm still holding on to some hope.

User avatar
snagglepuss
Posts: 1954
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:16 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby snagglepuss » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:37 am

mt2165 wrote:Officially withdrawing. WUSTL is a great school, sad to say I won't meet you all. Good luck everyone.

PSA: Full ride back on the table if anyone's negotiating.

x2

I just withdrew from a full scholarship. Good luck all. I'm sure WUSTL will have one of the funnest groups of 1Ls this fall.

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby chuckbass » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:39 am

snagglepuss wrote:
mt2165 wrote:Officially withdrawing. WUSTL is a great school, sad to say I won't meet you all. Good luck everyone.

PSA: Full ride back on the table if anyone's negotiating.

x2

I just withdrew from a full scholarship. Good luck all. I'm sure WUSTL will have one of the funnest groups of 1Ls this fall.

AW Snaggle :/ Where are you headed ya think?

User avatar
snagglepuss
Posts: 1954
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:16 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby snagglepuss » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:46 am

scottidsntknow wrote:
snagglepuss wrote:
mt2165 wrote:Officially withdrawing. WUSTL is a great school, sad to say I won't meet you all. Good luck everyone.

PSA: Full ride back on the table if anyone's negotiating.

x2

I just withdrew from a full scholarship. Good luck all. I'm sure WUSTL will have one of the funnest groups of 1Ls this fall.

AW Snaggle :/ Where are you headed ya think?

Leaning Cornell while I stay on waitlists.

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby chuckbass » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:54 am

snagglepuss wrote:Leaning Cornell while I stay on waitlists.

Ah nice! Well congrats and goodluck :) Make sure to post in the c/o 2017 thread when you decide and join the fun over there!

User avatar
snagglepuss
Posts: 1954
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:16 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby snagglepuss » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:06 am

scottidsntknow wrote:
snagglepuss wrote:Leaning Cornell while I stay on waitlists.

Ah nice! Well congrats and goodluck :) Make sure to post in the c/o 2017 thread when you decide and join the fun over there!

Thanks. I'll post it over there when things solidify just a bit more. You're really doing a good job being an active OP for the class thread.

User avatar
Ricky-Bobby
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:13 am

snagglepuss wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:
snagglepuss wrote:Leaning Cornell while I stay on waitlists.

Ah nice! Well congrats and goodluck :) Make sure to post in the c/o 2017 thread when you decide and join the fun over there!

Thanks. I'll post it over there when things solidify just a bit more. You're really doing a good job being an active OP for the class thread.

That's the nicest way I've ever seen someone called a shitposter. "Active OP." Nice.

User avatar
snagglepuss
Posts: 1954
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:16 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby snagglepuss » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:18 am

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
snagglepuss wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:
snagglepuss wrote:Leaning Cornell while I stay on waitlists.

Ah nice! Well congrats and goodluck :) Make sure to post in the c/o 2017 thread when you decide and join the fun over there!

Thanks. I'll post it over there when things solidify just a bit more. You're really doing a good job being an active OP for the class thread.

That's the nicest way I've ever seen someone called a shitposter. "Active OP." Nice.

Shhhh...I was hoping he'd take it as a compliment.

But seriously, I was referring to him being on top of updating the OP with everyone's school.

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby chuckbass » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:34 am

snagglepuss wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:
snagglepuss wrote:Leaning Cornell while I stay on waitlists.

Ah nice! Well congrats and goodluck :) Make sure to post in the c/o 2017 thread when you decide and join the fun over there!

Thanks. I'll post it over there when things solidify just a bit more. You're really doing a good job being an active OP for the class thread.

Thanks :) Yea it's honestly fun. And don't worry, RB is just shitpoasting so that he'll have something even cooler to go next to his name ;)

bigsleep1
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:20 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby bigsleep1 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:36 am

Hey guys... most likely attending, but still hoping for a just a bit more to make it a full-ride :)

However, where is the best place to look for housing?

Priorities:

Cheap, Studio or 1 Bedroom, Close to campus (no car)

Thanks, any suggestions welcome.

User avatar
meb1212
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby meb1212 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:53 am

KanyeShrug wrote:Thanks man. The others are really unoriginal and would only impress people that haven't scoured the website a billion times, which I'm sure we all have. I'll keep 'em in the archives.



I'm a little late on this, but seriously awesome pics!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AJ1010, Blue664, Exabot [Bot], Ferrisjso, staypuff and 22 guests