WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How old are you?

21-
12%
22-23
29%
24-26
40%
27-30
15%
30+
4%

Total votes: 94

KanyeShrug

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby KanyeShrug » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:33 pm

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. Peaches and Fiero are cool AF in real life, by the way. Pics coming. I'll hold up the tour guide for those Leibowitz-esque shots.

chuckbass

Postby chuckbass » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:38 pm

KanyeShrug wrote:Thanks everyone for the well wishes. Peaches and Fiero are cool AF in real life, by the way. Pics coming. I'll hold up the tour guide for those Leibowitz-esque shots.

I will confer with peaches and fiero to make sure that they thought the same about you ;)

peachesthedoge

Postby peachesthedoge » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:40 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:
KanyeShrug wrote:Thanks everyone for the well wishes. Peaches and Fiero are cool AF in real life, by the way. Pics coming. I'll hold up the tour guide for those Leibowitz-esque shots.

I will confer with peaches and fiero to make sure that they thought the same about you ;)

^ verified. glad we got to hang out and hope to see you in august! :D

njdevils2626

Postby njdevils2626 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:48 pm

peachesthedoge wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:

I plan on living vicariously through your impromptu hangout sessions until August

chuckbass

Postby chuckbass » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:55 pm

njdevils2626 wrote:
peachesthedoge wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:

I plan on living vicariously through your impromptu hangout sessions until August

You seem cool, based on posts, but mainly the Matt Bomer avi. Are you cool?

JustHawkin

Postby JustHawkin » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:56 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:You seem cool, based on posts, but mainly the Matt Bomer avi. Are you cool?

Dear Scott,

Everyone from Canada is cool. Especially Devils fans.

Sincerely,

Lifetime Hockey Player

njdevils2626

Postby njdevils2626 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:58 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:You seem cool, based on posts, but mainly the Matt Bomer avi. Are you cool?

I mean, I think I'm pretty cool, but Matt Bomer is simply on another level. I have been described as the real world's version of Neal Caffrey though (pretty much the highest compliment I've ever received), whatever that's worth

njdevils2626

Postby njdevils2626 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:00 pm

JustHawkin wrote:

Dear Scott,

Sincerely,

Lifetime Hockey Player

JH tellin' it like it is. I sincerely hope there's an intramural hockey team or something of the sort, I don't know how to survive wihtout staying active through sports

peachesthedoge

Postby peachesthedoge » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:07 pm

njdevils2626 wrote:
JustHawkin wrote:

Dear Scott,

Sincerely,

Lifetime Hockey Player

JH tellin' it like it is. I sincerely hope there's an intramural hockey team or something of the sort, I don't know how to survive wihtout staying active through sports

club hockey! kanye was asking about it last night. my SO is on the team - it's mostly Wash U undergrads with probably 4-6 law students right now and an alum or two. they have one game a week and optional stick and pucks. it sounds like it's pretty chill and fun.

chuckbass

Postby chuckbass » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:10 pm

njdevils2626 wrote:

I mean, I think I'm pretty cool, but Matt Bomer is simply on another level. I have been described as the real world's version of Neal Caffrey though (pretty much the highest compliment I've ever received), whatever that's worth

Ok well then I love you already.

JustHawkin

Postby JustHawkin » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:11 pm

peachesthedoge wrote:
club hockey! kanye was asking about it last night. my SO is on the team - it's mostly Wash U undergrads with probably 4-6 law students right now and an alum or two. they have one game a week and optional stick and pucks. it sounds like it's pretty chill and fun.

I'm sure that's why you're most bitter I won't be attending in the fall Peaches, the team could use my scoring touch :wink:

peachesthedoge

Postby peachesthedoge » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:13 pm

JustHawkin wrote:
peachesthedoge wrote:

I'm sure that's why you're most bitter I won't be attending in the fall Peaches, the team could use my scoring touch :wink:

I knowwww I'm sad :cry:

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:33 pm

Does anyone want my supplements?

E&E for all six substantive classes (Property, Contracts, Torts, Criminal Law, Constitutional Law, Civil Procedure)
Planet Law School II
How to Do Your Best on Law School Exams (Delaney)
Emmanuel's for Torts, Contracts, Property
Gilbert's for Criminal Law
Acing Civil Procedure
Acing Contracts

PM me. Don't care about money, you can just have them. Preference will be given to 0L's who can take them from me before June (if that's any of you)*

I'm too lazy to mail anything to anyone

ETA: Preference will be given for 0L's that are regular posters of this thread
Last edited by DoveBodyWash on Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yossarian

Postby yossarian » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:39 pm

Cuse, you're a saint. Would love them if I would be in STL prior to June, but I won't.

To those in proximity go the spoils. (happens to be the motto of my undergrad bar, I believe)

chuckbass

Postby chuckbass » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:44 pm

cusenation wrote:Does anyone want my supplements?

E&E for all six substantive classes (Property, Contracts, Torts, Criminal Law, Constitutional Law, Civil Procedure)
Planet Law School II
Acing Civil Procedure
Acing Contracts

PM me. Don't care about money, you can just have them. Preference will be given to 0L's who can take them from me before June (if that's any of you)*

(I reserve the right to pick who i give these to based on whether i like them or not)

Awkward... You told me I could have them like a month ago :shock:

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:48 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:

Planet Law School II
Acing Civil Procedure
Acing Contracts

(I reserve the right to pick who i give these to based on whether i like them or not)

oh shit you're right. I'll give you a choice, you can have the supplements or have exclusive access to my outlines/exam materials if u get any of my professors. I know that my contracts, property, torts, civ pro professors are all teaching 1Ls again next year*. Hedge or speculate at your leisure.

*con law prof is going to princeton next year, crim law prof is uncertain

ojala

Postby ojala » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:02 pm

Got an email saying no to my negotiation email and basically saying don't ask again. Tacky to ask for a refund on my deposit? I know before some people got a sentence in their response saying they can have a refund since the decision came after the deadline, but mine did not say that. Thinking of sitting out this cycle and reapplying.

yossarian

Postby yossarian » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:04 pm

ojala wrote:Got an email saying no to my negotiation email and basically saying don't ask again. Tacky to ask for a refund on my deposit? I know before some people got a sentence in their response saying they can have a refund since the decision came after the deadline, but mine did not say that. Thinking of sitting out this cycle and reapplying.

Sorry to hear that. When did you ask? And yeah, I haven't ruled out sitting out.

chuckbass

Postby chuckbass » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:04 pm

ojala wrote:Got an email saying no to my negotiation email and basically saying don't ask again. Tacky to ask for a refund on my deposit? I know before some people got a sentence in their response saying they can have a refund since the decision came after the deadline, but mine did not say that. Thinking of sitting out this cycle and reapplying.

Sorry to hear that :/ And no, I don't think it's tacky at all. Obviously send a respectful email back, but I think it's worth asking and they may give it back.

chuckbass

Postby chuckbass » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:05 pm

cusenation wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:

Planet Law School II
Acing Civil Procedure
Acing Contracts

oh shit you're right. I'll give you a choice, you can have the supplements or have exclusive access to my outlines/exam materials if u get any of my professors. I know that my contracts, property, torts, civ pro professors are all teaching 1Ls again next year*. Hedge or speculate at your leisure.

*con law prof is going to princeton next year, crim law prof is uncertain

Pmed. The supplements are actually up for grabs now.

meb1212

Postby meb1212 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:28 pm

Planet Law School II
Acing Civil Procedure
Acing Contracts

ETA: Preference will be given for 0L's that are regular posters of this thread

PMed on the supps.

Ricky-Bobby

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:24 pm

I'm rocking 14% of the poll vote.

Chinese_Mafia

Postby Chinese_Mafia » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:49 pm

Contact the admission office and just be nice to inquiry about the situation. The worst case will just be a nice "NO".
I feel sorry for you. When did you send out the scholly request?

ojala

Postby ojala » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:27 pm

Chinese_Mafia wrote:

Contact the admission office and just be nice to inquiry about the situation. The worst case will just be a nice "NO".
I feel sorry for you. When did you send out the scholly request?

Just after the deadline since I received an email the day before stating they couldn't offer me more information re: scholarships until after the deposit deadline. now I feel tricked

Attax

Postby Attax » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:30 pm

Ricky-Bobby wrote:I'm rocking 14% of the poll vote.

I joined you, but now it is 9%

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”