WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How old are you?

21-
12%
22-23
29%
24-26
40%
27-30
15%
30+
4%

Total votes: 94

Attax

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Attax » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:35 pm

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
Chinese_Mafia wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote:Can confirm.

Source: poor.

Disclaimer: I did not write my PS on said poorness.

vindicated.

I wouldn't take my post as vindication, as non-PS mentions of SES directly led to a fairly desirable outcome at another school (lol vagueness). I wrote my PS about military experience, because getting shot at always makes for a good story. hth.

But you didn't have to join the military to get shot at! You could've just moved to (insert town that is known for its violence, say, Chicago or so).

Ricky-Bobby

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:38 pm

Attax wrote:But you didn't have to join the military to get shot at! You could've just moved to (insert town that is known for its violence, say, Chicago or so).

You got somethin' you wanna say to me, funny man? :D

Attax

Postby Attax » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:45 pm

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
Attax wrote:But you didn't have to join the military to get shot at! You could've just moved to (insert town that is known for its violence, say, Chicago or so).

You got somethin' you wanna say to me, funny man? :D

"I don't know what to do with my hands!"

Chinese_Mafia

Postby Chinese_Mafia » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:54 pm

Attax wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote:
Chinese_Mafia wrote:

vindicated.

I wouldn't take my post as vindication, as non-PS mentions of SES directly led to a fairly desirable outcome at another school (lol vagueness). I wrote my PS about military experience, because getting shot at always makes for a good story. hth.

But you didn't have to join the military to get shot at! You could've just moved to (insert town that is known for its violence, say, Chicago or so).

Cleveland, Detroit, Chicago South Side, Oakland........continuing.

JimmyFredette

Postby JimmyFredette » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:14 pm

Attax wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote:
Chinese_Mafia wrote:

vindicated.

Cleveland, Detroit, Chicago South Side, Oakland........continuing.

Yeah I'm from Philadelphia and it's really dangerous. I was playing basketball this one time and got attacked by a few guys after I accidentally hit them with my basketball. The intimidation got so bad that I had to move to California to live with my Aunt and Uncle, who happened to be a Judge.

Fiero85

Postby Fiero85 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:19 pm

JimmyFredette wrote:Yeah I'm from Philadelphia and it's really dangerous. I was playing basketball this one time and got attacked by a few guys after I accidentally hit them with my basketball. The intimidation got so bad that I had to move to California to live with my Aunt and Uncle, who happened to be a Judge.

Damn you - it took me way too long to realize what this was and I felt really dumb beacause of it.

:lol:

peachesthedoge

Postby peachesthedoge » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:20 pm

JimmyFredette wrote:
Yeah I'm from Philadelphia and it's really dangerous. I was playing basketball this one time and got attacked by a few guys after I accidentally hit them with my basketball. The intimidation got so bad that I had to move to California to live with my Aunt and Uncle, who happened to be a Judge.

chuckbass

Postby chuckbass » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:25 pm

Fiero85 wrote:
JimmyFredette wrote:Yeah I'm from Philadelphia and it's really dangerous. I was playing basketball this one time and got attacked by a few guys after I accidentally hit them with my basketball. The intimidation got so bad that I had to move to California to live with my Aunt and Uncle, who happened to be a Judge.

Damn you - it took me way too long to realize what this was and I felt really dumb beacause of it.

:roll:

Fiero85

Postby Fiero85 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:32 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:
Fiero85 wrote:

:roll:

tbf, by "way too long" I mean it took me until "Aunt and Uncle" to realize what this was, not an actual post-completion thought gap. But close lol

Banshee

Postby Banshee » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:40 pm

Officially withdrew from everywhere else...guess that makes me a WUSTLUT! :D

meb1212

Postby meb1212 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:44 pm

XO_MissCourtney wrote:Officially withdrew from everywhere else...guess that makes me a WUSTLUT! :D

That's great! See you in the fall!

Fiero85

Postby Fiero85 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:45 pm

XO_MissCourtney wrote:Officially withdrew from everywhere else...guess that makes me a WUSTLUT! :D

Congrats! Feels good, right?

Chinese_Mafia

Postby Chinese_Mafia » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:49 pm

:D

Banshee

Postby Banshee » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:50 pm

Fiero85 wrote:

Congrats! Feels good, right?

It feels great! :)

Jmart082

Postby Jmart082 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:10 pm

JimmyFredette wrote:
Jmart082 wrote:
skatekate wrote:I was waitlisted in February and got an email earlier this week that said: "We appreciate your continued interest in attending and want to let you know that, while you are an excellent candidate and the committee is impressed with your application, they are unable to re-consider your application for a few more weeks. The committee does anticipate admitting students from the waitlist in the next month."

So I thought it was over, time to withdraw, but I got an interview request today! I'm probably going to do a Skype interview soon. Have other waitlisted people received interview requests? And how fast is the turnover from an interview?

I got this interview request, also. Really exciting news. I'm also completely in the dark as far as the behind-the-scenes logistics of it are concerned, as I can't be too sure if this is only the case with the candidates they're looking at seriously, or something that they're doing on a broader scale, but this looks fortuitous nonetheless. Best of luck!

Hey,

Congratulations! Did you interview before you were waitlisted? Keep us updated on how it goes!

This goes to all the waitlisters: I had my interview with Will Fruhwirth today. No curveballs, just a lot of getting to know you, your reasons for studying the law (at WUSTL and St. Louis, in particular), and addressing any weak spots in your application (test scores, work lapses, etc). I think I did terribly due to some nerves, this being my number top choice institution and all, but I won't dwell on that. I hope this information helps you all. It's my opinion that they're using these interviews differently than they would for the candidates that they didn't waitlist first, but I could be wrong. It's just a hunch based on some of the things that he said at the end of the interview.
CHEERS
-JM

Chinese_Mafia

Postby Chinese_Mafia » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:22 pm

Jmart082 wrote:
JimmyFredette wrote:
Jmart082 wrote:
skatekate wrote:I was waitlisted in February and got an email earlier this week that said: "We appreciate your continued interest in attending and want to let you know that, while you are an excellent candidate and the committee is impressed with your application, they are unable to re-consider your application for a few more weeks. The committee does anticipate admitting students from the waitlist in the next month."

So I thought it was over, time to withdraw, but I got an interview request today! I'm probably going to do a Skype interview soon. Have other waitlisted people received interview requests? And how fast is the turnover from an interview?

I got this interview request, also. Really exciting news. I'm also completely in the dark as far as the behind-the-scenes logistics of it are concerned, as I can't be too sure if this is only the case with the candidates they're looking at seriously, or something that they're doing on a broader scale, but this looks fortuitous nonetheless. Best of luck!

Hey,

Congratulations! Did you interview before you were waitlisted? Keep us updated on how it goes!

This goes to all the waitlisters: I had my interview with Will Fruhwirth today. No curveballs, just a lot of getting to know you, your reasons for studying the law (at WUSTL and St. Louis, in particular), and addressing any weak spots in your application (test scores, work lapses, etc). I think I did terribly due to some nerves, this being my number top choice institution and all, but I won't dwell on that. I hope this information helps you all. It's my opinion that they're using these interviews differently than they would for the candidates that they didn't waitlist first, but I could be wrong. It's just a hunch based on some of the things that he said at the end of the interview.
CHEERS
-JM

Ge-livable

peaches9848

Postby peaches9848 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:34 pm

Jmart082 wrote:
JimmyFredette wrote:
Jmart082 wrote:

Hey,

CHEERS
-JM

That's awesome to know JM :) Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us fellow waitlisters!

chuckbass

Postby chuckbass » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:59 pm

Yay, I will add you to the c/o 2017 thread ;)

Ricky-Bobby

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:23 pm

Yo Homes, smell ya later!

Scott, you are such a homer in that c/o 2017 thread.

njdevils2626

Postby njdevils2626 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:43 pm

About to withdraw from Emory and am 99% sure that I will be joining you fine folk as an official WUSTLUT society founding member come Fall 2014. Just one question left now I guess. Who's looking for a roommate and how do I go about finding info on where I should look to live? I'm coming from Canada, so I may not get a chance to visit before arriving in the Fall, unfortunately

KanyeShrug

Postby KanyeShrug » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:19 pm

Definitely not drinking margs with Fiero and Peaches. That's not happening.

JustHawkin

Postby JustHawkin » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:53 pm

KanyeShrug wrote:Definitely not drinking margs with Fiero and Peaches. That's not happening.

Don't listen to Fiero when he says to totally disregard the air raid (tornado) warnings. What ever you do, get to cover.

KanyeShrug

Postby KanyeShrug » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:15 pm

Peaches just said "baller" for the first time. You heard it here first.

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:27 pm

you guys get along too well, it's weird

chuckbass

Postby chuckbass » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:29 pm

KanyeShrug wrote:Definitely not drinking margs with Fiero and Peaches. That's not happening.

IM SO JEALOUS

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”