WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How old are you?

21-
12%
22-23
29%
24-26
40%
27-30
15%
30+
4%

Total votes: 94

georgej

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby georgej » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:55 pm

Anybody else get some additional scholly love today? I love this school so much.

Ricky-Bobby

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:56 pm

cusenation wrote:i can't wait to mentor the fuck out of whoever gets Baker for contracts.

:(

I wanna CALI contracts.

chuckbass

Postby chuckbass » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:58 pm

georgej wrote:Anybody else get some additional scholly love today? I love this school so much.

Nice! I got an email asking for some more info to help the scholly committee with their decision, so hopefully I hear tomorrow :shock:

cannibal ox

Postby cannibal ox » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:01 pm

georgej wrote:Anybody else get some additional scholly love today? I love this school so much.

Solicited or unsolicited?

georgej

Postby georgej » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:02 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:

Nice! I got an email asking for some more info to help the scholly committee with their decision, so hopefully I hear tomorrow :shock:

Good luck to you, brother. I'd take their interest as a positive sign.

georgej

Postby georgej » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:03 pm

Solicited

chuckbass

Postby chuckbass » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:19 pm

georgej wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:

Good luck to you, brother. I'd take their interest as a positive sign.

Chinese_Mafia

Postby Chinese_Mafia » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:26 pm

Any way to know how many people deposited?

chuckbass

Postby chuckbass » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:29 pm

Chinese_Mafia wrote:Any way to know how many people deposited?

Get jerb in admissions?

chuckbass

Postby chuckbass » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:40 pm

cusenation wrote:i can't wait to mentor the fuck out of whoever gets Baker for contracts.

Dibs.

samoby

Postby samoby » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:44 pm

Would anyone who is 100% WUSTL be willing to talk to me about it? You all seem pretty fantastic and it's making me consider my heart's commitment to another school. :lol:

Nonconsecutive

Postby Nonconsecutive » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:44 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:

Get jerb in admissions?

:lol:

Chinese_Mafia

Postby Chinese_Mafia » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:49 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:

Get jerb in admissions?

What are you trying to say?

bound

Postby bound » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:03 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:

Dibs.

Too late. I called it already ;)

gta

Postby gta » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:22 am

georgej wrote:Solicited

Can you share when you sent the solicitation?

njdevils2626

Postby njdevils2626 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:49 am

Sent in a request and they said they would pass it along to scholly comm. about 10 days ago. No notice of increase :( (yet)

skatekate

Postby skatekate » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:11 pm

I was waitlisted in February and got an email earlier this week that said: "We appreciate your continued interest in attending and want to let you know that, while you are an excellent candidate and the committee is impressed with your application, they are unable to re-consider your application for a few more weeks. The committee does anticipate admitting students from the waitlist in the next month."

So I thought it was over, time to withdraw, but I got an interview request today! I'm probably going to do a Skype interview soon. Have other waitlisted people received interview requests? And how fast is the turnover from an interview?

bound

Postby bound » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:13 pm

skatekate wrote:I was waitlisted in February and got an email earlier this week that said: "We appreciate your continued interest in attending and want to let you know that, while you are an excellent candidate and the committee is impressed with your application, they are unable to re-consider your application for a few more weeks. The committee does anticipate admitting students from the waitlist in the next month."

So I thought it was over, time to withdraw, but I got an interview request today! I'm probably going to do a Skype interview soon. Have other waitlisted people received interview requests? And how fast is the turnover from an interview?

I don't know the answers to your questions, but I am also not surprised that they are dipping into the waitlist. Have you guys seen how many people have withdrawn on LSN?! holy moly!

chuckbass

Postby chuckbass » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:15 pm

skatekate wrote:I was waitlisted in February and got an email earlier this week that said: "We appreciate your continued interest in attending and want to let you know that, while you are an excellent candidate and the committee is impressed with your application, they are unable to re-consider your application for a few more weeks. The committee does anticipate admitting students from the waitlist in the next month."

Congrats! FYI just be yourself in the interview and don't worry about it. They're super friendly, and their interviews are really geared more towards trying to get to know you rather than to grill you. That's all the help I can give, sorry I don't really know anything about the WL, but good luck!

chuckbass

Postby chuckbass » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:15 pm

bound wrote:

I don't know the answers to your questions, but I am also not surprised that they are dipping into the waitlist. Have you guys seen how many people have withdrawn on LSN?! holy moly!

And wait, really? That's good news for some of us ;)

peaches9848

Postby peaches9848 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:08 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:

Congrats! FYI just be yourself in the interview and don't worry about it. They're super friendly, and their interviews are really geared more towards trying to get to know you rather than to grill you. That's all the help I can give, sorry I don't really know anything about the WL, but good luck!

That's awesome skatekate! Congrats on the interview request!

Is the interview request given out to all WLed applicants they are strongly considering? I had visited campus and spoken with some people at Admissions about my interest a few months ago and have been in regular touch with them..I was WLed in December and got an email this week that was worded slightly differently than the one above.

Chinese_Mafia

Postby Chinese_Mafia » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:12 pm

Email from Dean Clifford?

Chinese_Mafia

Postby Chinese_Mafia » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:12 pm

bound wrote:

Really?

Chinese_Mafia

Postby Chinese_Mafia » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:14 pm

peaches9848 wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:

Is the interview request given out to all WLed applicants they are strongly considering? I had visited campus and spoken with some people at Admissions about my interest a few months ago and have been in regular touch with them..I was WLed in December and got an email this week that was worded slightly differently than the one above.

I assume you would get some priority since it was back in December?

peaches9848

Postby peaches9848 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:16 pm

Chinese_Mafia wrote:
peaches9848 wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:

I assume you would get some priority since it was back in December?

Hm..I wondered about that too. But I haven't gotten an interview request. Unless it's because I had already met with them personally? I'm just confused as to why they said after June 1 for some and "admitting students from the WL in the next month" for others.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”