WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How old are you?

21-
12%
22-23
29%
24-26
40%
27-30
15%
30+
4%

Total votes: 94

bostonbrewer

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby bostonbrewer » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:23 pm

I got the email as well. Haven't reached out yet but planning on it ASAP

Fiero85

Postby Fiero85 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:37 pm

lawskewl13 wrote:
KanyeShrug wrote:Did any other admitted students just get that email about matching us with current students and faculty?

I did. Got an email shortly after from the student whom I was matched with, they also went to my UG. Nice touch!

Same to all of this!

Naijababy93

Postby Naijababy93 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:37 pm

I have spent too many days "creeping" on this forum without saying anything. After getting in, however, i think its time to say something. Thanks to all of you for your posts, they helped me and im sure helped others. Look forward to complaining about not getting scholarship information for the next few weeks!!!!!

ZGr88n

Postby ZGr88n » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:38 pm

Fiero85 wrote:
lawskewl13 wrote:
KanyeShrug wrote:Did any other admitted students just get that email about matching us with current students and faculty?

I did. Got an email shortly after from the student whom I was matched with, they also went to my UG. Nice touch!

Same to all of this!

I feel left out...

Fiero85

Postby Fiero85 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:41 pm

Naijababy93 wrote:I have spent too many days "creeping" on this forum without saying anything. After getting in, however, i think its time to say something. Thanks to all of you for your posts, they helped me and im sure helped others. Look forward to complaining about not getting scholarship information for the next few weeks!!!!!

Congrats on the acceptance, and welcome! No worries on being a lurker, I was for almost a year before chiming in. Fair warning, TLS can be addictive :) , even more so once you start posting yourself!

Naijababy93

Postby Naijababy93 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:02 pm

Fiero85 wrote:
Naijababy93 wrote:I have spent too many days "creeping" on this forum without saying anything. After getting in, however, i think its time to say something. Thanks to all of you for your posts, they helped me and im sure helped others. Look forward to complaining about not getting scholarship information for the next few weeks!!!!!

Congrats on the acceptance, and welcome! No worries on being a lurker, I was for almost a year before chiming in. Fair warning, TLS can be addictive :) , even more so once you start posting yourself!

Lol from what i can see, i will not be alone in my addiction. Thanks :D

Attax

Postby Attax » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:18 pm

ZGr88n wrote:
Fiero85 wrote:
lawskewl13 wrote:

Same to all of this!

I feel left out...

I was accepted last Friday and didn't receive it either so no worries.

Attax

Postby Attax » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:20 pm

Fiero85 wrote:

Truth. I casually lurked for about a year while deciding on LSAT stuff. Then after taking it I registered and shortly thereafter have been posting quite frequently. Welcome, and congrats on the acceptance!

KanyeShrug

Postby KanyeShrug » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:28 pm

ZGr88n wrote:
Fiero85 wrote:
lawskewl13 wrote:

Same to all of this!

I feel left out...

I was admitted in December and I'm pretty sure the other "quoters" were as well. Sit tight!

chingwoo

Postby chingwoo » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:29 pm

I have been lurking about law school since mid-2011 haha. Thats the join date for my law school numbers account. Still trying to get addicted to TLS enough to post 100 posts so I can finally edit the main page.

etoile

Postby etoile » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:31 pm

Attax wrote:
ZGr88n wrote:I feel left out...

I was accepted last Friday and didn't receive it either so no worries.

I didn't get one either (also accepted last Friday).

Fiero85

Postby Fiero85 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:33 pm

KanyeShrug wrote:
ZGr88n wrote:I feel left out...

I was admitted in December and I'm pretty sure the other "quoters" were as well. Sit tight!

Yep late November admit here. So don't worry!

Attax

Postby Attax » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:33 pm

chingwoo wrote:I have been lurking about law school since mid-2011 haha. Thats the join date for my law school numbers account. Still trying to get addicted to TLS enough to post 100 posts so I can finally edit the main page.

I think you can pass the original post onto someone. I'd be willing to take it over and edit it this afternoon if you'd like.

Fiero85

Postby Fiero85 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:36 pm

chingwoo wrote:I have been lurking about law school since mid-2011 haha. Thats the join date for my law school numbers account. Still trying to get addicted to TLS enough to post 100 posts so I can finally edit the main page.

You can do it! Just wander the lounge/view active topics and you're bound to find things worth commenting on (for better or worse haha)

Attax

Postby Attax » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:37 pm

Fiero85 wrote:

You can do it! Just wander the lounge/view active topics and you're bound to find things worth commenting on (for better or worse haha)

Not sure it is safe to send people to the lounge :P

Lounge is fun once you get used to it. I think probably about 75% of my posts are in the lounge.

Fiero85

Postby Fiero85 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:43 pm

Attax wrote:
Fiero85 wrote:

Not sure it is safe to send people to the lounge :P

Lounge is fun once you get used to it. I think probably about 75% of my posts are in the lounge.

I figure it's like anywhere in real life, probably safe for newcomers before midnight, after that all bets are off :P

I've dabbled in the off topic threads, they're fun, but you are right it is a unique scene to get used to.

Anyway, I'm derailing a budding awesome WUSTL thread. so I'll just say be safe out there guys, and come visit Wash U! :)

Attax

Postby Attax » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:46 pm

Fiero85 wrote:
I figure it's like anywhere in real life, probably safe for newcomers before midnight, after that all bets are off :P

I've dabbled in the off topic threads, they're fun, but you are right it is a unique scene to get used to.

Anyway, I'm derailing a budding awesome WUSTL thread. so I'll just say be safe out there guys, and come visit Wash U! :)

True that, it is fun and interesting, just come with protection :P

Okay, on topic question. Are you a current student (UG or 1/2/3L)? Either way, do you know if they have travel reimbursement for visiting. WUStL is def one of my top 3 choices.

Fiero85

Postby Fiero85 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:59 pm

Attax wrote:
Fiero85 wrote:

True that, it is fun and interesting, just come with protection :P

Okay, on topic question. Are you a current student (UG or 1/2/3L)? Either way, do you know if they have travel reimbursement for visiting. WUStL is def one of my top 3 choices.

Yeah I'm a current UG student, but at SLU rather than Wash U (10 mins or so away).

From what I saw on the WUSTL taking questions mega thread (*great resource to comb through btw for all interested in WUSTL*), travel stipends have been a normal part of the process. IIRC, they don't do them very far ahead of the first ASW in March though. So I would suggest waiting a few weeks, emailing the Admissions office with a quick inquiry for the timeline on travel stipends and pre-approval process (if that's a thing) and then plan on visiting either for the March ASW or later. That'll be much better for the weather anyway! I know many people might wanna have their decision wrapped up before then, but if WUSTL is a serious contender, a visit could be big in helping you decide either way.

Edit: any current students, feel free to address this better than I did!

Attax

Postby Attax » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:01 pm

Fiero85 wrote:
Yeah I'm a current UG student, but at SLU rather than Wash U (10 mins or so away).

From what I saw on the WUSTL taking questions mega thread (*great resource to comb through btw for all interested in WUSTL*), travel stipends have been a normal part of the process. IIRC, they don't do them very far ahead of the first ASW in March though. So I would suggest waiting a few weeks, emailing the Admissions office with a quick inquiry for the timeline on travel stipends and pre-approval process (if that's a thing) and then plan on visiting either for the March ASW or later. That'll be much better for the weather anyway! I know many people might wanna have their decision wrapped up before then, but if WUSTL is a serious contender, a visit could be big in helping you decide either way.

Good to hear. I'll def have to go check out the thread too. I'm still waiting on the admissions packet to see when ASW is. I hope it doesn't conflict with Texas which, although Texas is my first choice, would suck because I'd love to visit prior to making a decision if the $ situation is right.

Fiero85

Postby Fiero85 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:06 pm

Attax wrote:
Fiero85 wrote:

Good to hear. I'll def have to go check out the thread too. I'm still waiting on the admissions packet to see when ASW is. I hope it doesn't conflict with Texas which, although Texas is my first choice, would suck because I'd love to visit prior to making a decision if the $ situation is right.

According to the WUSTL 2017 FB page, March 7 and April 4 are the two ASWs.

And yeah I hear ya, definitely consider visiting Wash U if they give you a better deal on scholly. Texas is on the cusp of the T14, but WUSTL is not too far behind it depending on your preferences and debt aversion. I hope one or both makes your decision easy by throwing $$$ 'round :)

peachesthedoge

Postby peachesthedoge » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:15 pm

hi guys! another long-time lurker here who finally decided to join. I applied in late october, interviewed in late november, and was accepted on 12/13. Wash U is my heavy favorite, but I can't commit until I get scholarship/financial aid info.

I've lived in the area since summer of 2012 and love it. I have to echo the sentiments of others and encourage those of you who haven't been to STL to visit the campus, check out something cool and St. Louis-y (botanical gardens, beer tour (budweiser or schlafly), city museum aka giant playground for adults), and head to the central west end or the loop for a drink or some food. I was skeptical about st. louis before visiting, but it has a lot of fun neighborhoods!

Fiero85

Postby Fiero85 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:18 pm

@Attax I might be wrong :cry:

Quote from another board:

"I have very similar offers between WUSTL, UMN, and W&L as well. It's been a toss-up in my mind between UMN and W&L (after ASW, I'm leaning UMN), but with what everyone seems to be saying about WUSTL, I'm feeling I should visit St. Louis (strangely enough, they gave me a scholly but no travel stipend for ASW, so I wasn't planning on it--I already tried negotiating one) before making a decision."

Sorry for jumping the gun, they might not be so routine after all. Hmm.

Attax

Postby Attax » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:22 pm

Fiero85 wrote:
According to the WUSTL 2017 FB page, March 7 and April 4 are the two ASWs.

And yeah I hear ya, definitely consider visiting Wash U if they give you a better deal on scholly. Texas is on the cusp of the T14, but WUSTL is not too far behind it depending on your preferences and debt aversion. I hope one or both makes your decision easy by throwing $$$ 'round :)

Thanks. I've not gotten an invite to the facebook page yet (the Texas one was official at least). Any link if you don't mind sharing?

Oh definitely. I currently have tuition paid before any schollies to Texas, but with a Full ride and Texas not matching it I'd be running off to St. Louis! Good luck to you too on the $ game.

Saw your other post as I was trying to send this one and it wouldn't let me. Bummer. I've been to the area when I was younger though, but would like to visit again. Maybe, since my LSAT should be pretty desirable for them, I can make it leverage as "I can't really consider your school without visiting." Of course, with full scholly I'd def visit.

Fiero85

Postby Fiero85 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:23 pm

peachesthedoge wrote:hi guys! another long-time lurker here who finally decided to join. I applied in late october, interviewed in late november, and was accepted on 12/13. Wash U is my heavy favorite, but I can't commit until I get scholarship/financial aid info.

I've lived in the area since summer of 2012 and love it. I have to echo the sentiments of others and encourage those of you who haven't been to STL to visit the campus, check out something cool and St. Louis-y (botanical gardens, beer tour (budweiser or schlafly), city museum aka giant playground for adults), and head to the central west end or the loop for a drink or some food. I was skeptical about st. louis before visiting, but it has a lot of fun neighborhoods!

Welcome aboard. Ditto to your testimony. Anyone skeptical about St. Louis but with a good offer from WUSTL should visit if at all possible to get a feel for campus and the city. I think most people are pleasantly surprised!

Attax

Postby Attax » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:24 pm

Fiero85 wrote:
peachesthedoge wrote:hi guys! another long-time lurker here who finally decided to join. I applied in late october, interviewed in late november, and was accepted on 12/13. Wash U is my heavy favorite, but I can't commit until I get scholarship/financial aid info.

Welcome aboard. Ditto to your testimony. Anyone skeptical about St. Louis but with a good offer from WUSTL should visit if at all possible to get a feel for campus and the city. I think most people are pleasantly surprised!

My research seems to yield that St. Louis is like the Austin of the midwest? Any comments on said statement?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”