ojala wrote:For those of you who have negotiated for scholarships, did you wait until you heard from all schools or did you get started with what you had? In a weird situation where I am still waiting to hear back from many schools, waitlisted at others, and haven't heard back re: scholarships from some of the ones I got accepted to. So the only two significant money offers I've gotten are from schools I'm not sure WUSTL would consider its peer. Worth approaching them with it? Or should I wait for other offers? I feel like the longer I wait the less $ there will be to go around.
My advice: why not do both? By that I mean you could send your current offers and pending apps in a concise email (talk about your desire to attend, but cost concerns are holding you back, etc).
...See what happens....
And if you're not successful send them another email when you have a few more peer offers together. The admissions office is super chill and won't mind updates. Keep going until you succeed or get an explicit "no money for you" type message.
Don't freak out about money being all gone, that's not exactly how it works. They still give out scholarships to later applicants and waistlist-ers all the way thru the summer.