WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How old are you?

21-
11
12%
22-23
27
29%
24-26
38
40%
27-30
14
15%
30+
4
4%
 
Total votes: 94

User avatar
Ricky-Bobby
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:37 am

Lebrarian_Booker wrote:Who's the turd now, bro? :lol:

I went and checked this morning to make sure I was right. When I saw that I was completely wrong I ignored it and hoped you'd forget.

User avatar
Fiero85
Posts: 1910
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:38 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Fiero85 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:44 am

cannibal ox wrote:Can any 1Ls chime in on the estimated cost of living that the school puts out? Overestimate/underestimate/right on?

Parking Pass (optional) $480;
Books/Supplies $2,000;
Room/Board $14,400;
Personal/Other Expenses $5,000


(Not a 1L, but a local)

I think the consensus is that number (21k or so) is a tad high. Which is rare for law school provided budgets.

I personally am in the 14-16k range depending on how badly my car behaves. Living chooser to the law school (and without 4 roommates like me) will cost more though. I'd say 15-17k without a car and 17-19k with one.

Anyone else agree?

User avatar
peachesthedoge
Posts: 350
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:57 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby peachesthedoge » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:45 am

Fiero85 wrote:
cannibal ox wrote:Can any 1Ls chime in on the estimated cost of living that the school puts out? Overestimate/underestimate/right on?

Parking Pass (optional) $480;
Books/Supplies $2,000;
Room/Board $14,400;
Personal/Other Expenses $5,000


(Not a 1L, but a local)

I think the consensus is that number (21k or so) is a tad high. Which is rare for law school provided budgets.

I personally am in the 14-16k range depending on how badly my car behaves. Living chooser to the law school (and without 4 roommates like me) will cost more though. I'd say 15-17k without a car and 17-19k with one.

Anyone else agree?


Also, keep in mind any student loan payments you may have from undergrad!

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby chuckbass » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:52 am

Fiero85 wrote:(Not a 1L, but a local)

I think the consensus is that number (21k or so) is a tad high. Which is rare for law school provided budgets.

I personally am in the 14-16k range depending on how badly my car behaves. Living chooser to the law school (and without 4 roommates like me) will cost more though. I'd say 15-17k without a car and 17-19k with one.

Anyone else agree?

What range would you give for food/entertainment per month?

User avatar
Ricky-Bobby
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:53 am

peachesthedoge wrote:
Fiero85 wrote:
cannibal ox wrote:Can any 1Ls chime in on the estimated cost of living that the school puts out? Overestimate/underestimate/right on?

Parking Pass (optional) $480;
Books/Supplies $2,000;
Room/Board $14,400;
Personal/Other Expenses $5,000


(Not a 1L, but a local)

I think the consensus is that number (21k or so) is a tad high. Which is rare for law school provided budgets.

I personally am in the 14-16k range depending on how badly my car behaves. Living chooser to the law school (and without 4 roommates like me) will cost more though. I'd say 15-17k without a car and 17-19k with one.

Anyone else agree?


Also, keep in mind any student loan payments you may have from undergrad!

Defer them shits! :lol:

User avatar
Lebrarian_Booker
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:05 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Lebrarian_Booker » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:55 am

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
peachesthedoge wrote:
Fiero85 wrote:
cannibal ox wrote:Can any 1Ls chime in on the estimated cost of living that the school puts out? Overestimate/underestimate/right on?

Parking Pass (optional) $480;
Books/Supplies $2,000;
Room/Board $14,400;
Personal/Other Expenses $5,000


(Not a 1L, but a local)

I think the consensus is that number (21k or so) is a tad high. Which is rare for law school provided budgets.

I personally am in the 14-16k range depending on how badly my car behaves. Living chooser to the law school (and without 4 roommates like me) will cost more though. I'd say 15-17k without a car and 17-19k with one.

Anyone else agree?


Also, keep in mind any student loan payments you may have from undergrad!

Defer them shits! :lol:


Defer your loan payments, but continue to poop regularly. Just my $0.02

User avatar
peachesthedoge
Posts: 350
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:57 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby peachesthedoge » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:03 pm

paying off dat interest doe

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby chuckbass » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:06 pm

peachesthedoge wrote:paying off dat interest doe

How do we go about deferring loans?

User avatar
Ricky-Bobby
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:10 pm

Lebrarian_Booker wrote:Defer your loan payments, but continue to poop regularly. Just my $0.02

Once again, I like your style, Lebrarian.

peachesthedoge wrote:paying off dat interest doe

Oh yeah, you went to a preftigious undergrad that cost real money.

User avatar
peachesthedoge
Posts: 350
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:57 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby peachesthedoge » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:16 pm

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
Lebrarian_Booker wrote:Defer your loan payments, but continue to poop regularly. Just my $0.02

Once again, I like your style, Lebrarian.

peachesthedoge wrote:paying off dat interest doe

Oh yeah, you went to a preftigious undergrad that cost real money.



very preftige
much expen$ive
wow
:shock:

User avatar
Lebrarian_Booker
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:05 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Lebrarian_Booker » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:17 pm

Where'd you go peaches?

User avatar
Ricky-Bobby
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:20 pm

peachesthedoge wrote:very preftige
much expen$ive
wow
:shock:

Shoulda followed the Ricky-Bobby Steps to Success©:
1) Choose powder-puff directional state undergrad
2) Go there
3) Go to law school with ridiculous undergrad GPA and no undergrad debt
4) Models, Bottles, etc.

User avatar
Lebrarian_Booker
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:05 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Lebrarian_Booker » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:23 pm

Ricky-Bobby wrote:4) Models, Bottles, etc.


That's exactly what I said in the interview when they asked "Why law school?"

User avatar
Ricky-Bobby
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:27 pm

Lebrarian_Booker wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote:4) Models, Bottles, etc.


That's exactly what I said in the interview when they asked "Why law school?"

"Models, bottles, et cetra."
"Et cetra?"
"Y'know, other stuff. Am I in now?"

User avatar
Ricky-Bobby
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:28 pm

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
peachesthedoge wrote:very preftige
much expen$ive
wow
:shock:

Shoulda followed the Ricky-Bobby Steps to Success©:
1) Choose powder-puff directional state undergrad
2) Go there
3) Go to law school with ridiculous undergrad GPA and no undergrad debt
4) Models, Bottles, etc.

This was not meant to be snarky toward you, peaches, but towards myself for choosing the easy undergrad. Now that I read it again it sounds like I'm being more of a dickbag than usual, which is not my intention. I'm only trying to maintain current levels here.

User avatar
Fiero85
Posts: 1910
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:38 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Fiero85 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:32 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:
Fiero85 wrote:(Not a 1L, but a local)

I think the consensus is that number (21k or so) is a tad high. Which is rare for law school provided budgets.

I personally am in the 14-16k range depending on how badly my car behaves. Living chooser to the law school (and without 4 roommates like me) will cost more though. I'd say 15-17k without a car and 17-19k with one.

Anyone else agree?

What range would you give for food/entertainment per month?


Varies but I spend about 250 per month on groceries, 100 on eating out, and 100 on entertainment/drinking. But obviously if I go out more than normal that last number skyrockets lol

User avatar
mynameis08
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:10 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby mynameis08 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:33 pm

Anybody still waiting for a decision today? Wustl must have forgotten about my app. Stuck so long, maybe this isn't the day. :|

User avatar
ZGr88n
Posts: 449
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:00 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby ZGr88n » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:35 pm

Ricky-Bobby wrote:Shoulda followed the Ricky-Bobby Steps to Success©:
1) Choose powder-puff directional state undergrad
2) Go there
3) Go to law school with ridiculous undergrad GPA and no undergrad debt
4) Models, Bottles, etc.


1) Check
2) Check
3) How the hell do I owe 12 k!?
4) Working on it.

TheCurrantThyme
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:34 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby TheCurrantThyme » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:37 pm

Are scholarship offers sent out at the same time as the admit email or later? Hoping for some $$$ but nothing yet :cry:

User avatar
peachesthedoge
Posts: 350
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:57 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby peachesthedoge » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:40 pm

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote:
peachesthedoge wrote:very preftige
much expen$ive
wow
:shock:

Shoulda followed the Ricky-Bobby Steps to Success©:
1) Choose powder-puff directional state undergrad
2) Go there
3) Go to law school with ridiculous undergrad GPA and no undergrad debt
4) Models, Bottles, etc.

This was not meant to be snarky toward you, peaches, but towards myself for choosing the easy undergrad. Now that I read it again it sounds like I'm being more of a dickbag than usual, which is not my intention. I'm only trying to maintain current levels here.


haha, no worries R-B.
Leb, I went to Colgate - cost of attendance is up to $60,000, but I was fortunate enough to receive substantial financial aid grants, so I'm almost finished paying off my loans

User avatar
Lebrarian_Booker
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:05 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Lebrarian_Booker » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:40 pm

TheCurrantThyme wrote:Are scholarship offers sent out at the same time as the admit email or later? Hoping for some $$$ but nothing yet :cry:


It seems most, if not all, go out separately from admission decision communications.

But hot damn, 177? What kind of offer could WUSTL possibly make you that would sway you from HYS?

User avatar
Lebrarian_Booker
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:05 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Lebrarian_Booker » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:42 pm

peachesthedoge wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote:
peachesthedoge wrote:very preftige
much expen$ive
wow
:shock:

Shoulda followed the Ricky-Bobby Steps to Success©:
1) Choose powder-puff directional state undergrad
2) Go there
3) Go to law school with ridiculous undergrad GPA and no undergrad debt
4) Models, Bottles, etc.

This was not meant to be snarky toward you, peaches, but towards myself for choosing the easy undergrad. Now that I read it again it sounds like I'm being more of a dickbag than usual, which is not my intention. I'm only trying to maintain current levels here.


haha, no worries R-B.
Leb, I went to Colgate - cost of attendance is up to $60,000, but I was fortunate enough to receive substantial financial aid grants, so I'm almost finished paying off my loans


Colgate, very preftigious, nice! I know what you're talking about. Went to Macalester, COA is $58k.

User avatar
Ricky-Bobby
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:42 pm

ZGr88n wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote:Shoulda followed the Ricky-Bobby Steps to Success©:
1) Choose powder-puff directional state undergrad
2) Go there
3) Go to law school with ridiculous undergrad GPA and no undergrad debt
4) Models, Bottles, etc.


1) Check
2) Check
3) How the hell do I owe 12 k!?
4) Working on it.

You're on the path, friend.





Oh, super, hail. Gotta love St. Louis.

TheCurrantThyme
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:34 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby TheCurrantThyme » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:43 pm

Lebrarian_Booker wrote:
TheCurrantThyme wrote:Are scholarship offers sent out at the same time as the admit email or later? Hoping for some $$$ but nothing yet :cry:


It seems most, if not all, go out separately from admission decision communications.

But hot damn, 177? What kind of offer could WUSTL possibly make you that would sway you from HYS?




I'm locked out of T10 due to sleeping through undergrad. 2.7 GPA. Gonna be tough to live that one down.

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby chuckbass » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:58 pm

Fiero85 wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:
Fiero85 wrote:(Not a 1L, but a local)

I think the consensus is that number (21k or so) is a tad high. Which is rare for law school provided budgets.

I personally am in the 14-16k range depending on how badly my car behaves. Living chooser to the law school (and without 4 roommates like me) will cost more though. I'd say 15-17k without a car and 17-19k with one.

Anyone else agree?

What range would you give for food/entertainment per month?


Varies but I spend about 250 per month on groceries, 100 on eating out, and 100 on entertainment/drinking. But obviously if I go out more than normal that last number skyrockets lol

Ok thanks buddy, I was figuring about 500-600 so that should be good.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”