WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How old are you?

21-
11
12%
22-23
27
29%
24-26
38
40%
27-30
14
15%
30+
4
4%
 
Total votes: 94

User avatar
sublime
Posts: 15403
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby sublime » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:15 pm

..

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby JustHawkin » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:19 pm

sublime wrote:
JustHawkin wrote:
sublime wrote:The Mandarin? Gross.

I will still try to make it, just wanted to document that.

Please, elaborate.



Just not my scene/type of place, that's all - there's nothing "wrong" with it though.

Hopefully the pregame location will be at least a little more laid back. :D

I'm all about the laid back. I could go for some good live music.

User avatar
peachesthedoge
Posts: 350
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:57 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby peachesthedoge » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:45 pm

sublime wrote:
JustHawkin wrote:
sublime wrote:The Mandarin? Gross.

I will still try to make it, just wanted to document that.

Please, elaborate.



Just not my scene/type of place, that's all - there's nothing "wrong" with it though.

Hopefully the pregame location will be at least a little more laid back. :D



mandarin is in the cwe right? pregame location within walking distance?

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby DoveBodyWash » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:24 pm

peachesthedoge wrote:
mandarin is in the cwe right? pregame location within walking distance?

yeah probably. Most likely bar louie or similar for pre-game. We usually do it at someone's apartment though, so that's a possibility

sublime wrote:
JustHawkin wrote:
sublime wrote:The Mandarin? Gross.

I will still try to make it, just wanted to document that.

Please, elaborate.



Just not my scene/type of place, that's all - there's nothing "wrong" with it though.

Hopefully the pregame location will be at least a little more laid back. :D


Yeah mandarin is more like a lounge/club. We usually always have a good time there but i guess it depends on your personality and your group of friends. It's not like your average bar with darts and junk where you can sit around and talk.

The difference this time is that this is primarily a 1Ls-getting-wasted event as opposed to something that was specifically scheduled for the 0L's to meet/talk to us.

But don't worry. If it's your type of scene, then you'll fit right in, have a great time, and make valuable connections with future 2Ls who will likely make up your mentor pool next year (since the 3Ls will not care at all).

If it's not your scene, then just treat it as a networking event. You're gonna have to get accustomed to doing less-than-fun things for your career anyway. Drinking overpriced drinks and getting wasted to loud music is arguably the most pleasant-least-fun thing you'll be forced to do in law school :lol:

User avatar
njdevils2626
Posts: 384
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:53 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby njdevils2626 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:51 pm

Is there an Admitted Students Portal or website or something? I was admitted on Friday and haven't received an email indicating anything of the sort but I seem to recall people talking about one. Should I email them tomorrow?

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby DoveBodyWash » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:52 pm

njdevils2626 wrote:Is there an Admitted Students Portal or website or something? I was admitted on Friday and haven't received an email indicating anything of the sort but I seem to recall people talking about one. Should I email them tomorrow?

mylaw.wustl.edu

User avatar
njdevils2626
Posts: 384
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:53 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby njdevils2626 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:05 pm

cusenation wrote:
njdevils2626 wrote:Is there an Admitted Students Portal or website or something? I was admitted on Friday and haven't received an email indicating anything of the sort but I seem to recall people talking about one. Should I email them tomorrow?

mylaw.wustl.edu


Thanks, Cuse! Just reset my password so I could get in. It's gonna be really weird having my McGill email address as my username for my WUSTL login

User avatar
Naijababy93
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:29 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Naijababy93 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:20 pm

cusenation wrote:
peachesthedoge wrote:
mandarin is in the cwe right? pregame location within walking distance?

yeah probably. Most likely bar louie or similar for pre-game. We usually do it at someone's apartment though, so that's a possibility

sublime wrote:
JustHawkin wrote:
sublime wrote:The Mandarin? Gross.

I will still try to make it, just wanted to document that.

Please, elaborate.



Just not my scene/type of place, that's all - there's nothing "wrong" with it though.

Hopefully the pregame location will be at least a little more laid back. :D


Yeah mandarin is more like a lounge/club. We usually always have a good time there but i guess it depends on your personality and your group of friends. It's not like your average bar with darts and junk where you can sit around and talk.

The difference this time is that this is primarily a 1Ls-getting-wasted event as opposed to something that was specifically scheduled for the 0L's to meet/talk to us.

But don't worry. If it's your type of scene, then you'll fit right in, have a great time, and make valuable connections with future 2Ls who will likely make up your mentor pool next year (since the 3Ls will not care at all).

If it's not your scene, then just treat it as a networking event. You're gonna have to get accustomed to doing less-than-fun things for your career anyway. Drinking overpriced drinks and getting wasted to loud music is arguably the most pleasant-least-fun thing you'll be forced to do in law school :lol:


What time/where will pregame take place? I have a pizza dinner with BLSA at like 7:30 at Pi Pizza

User avatar
bound
Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:49 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby bound » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:41 pm

KanyeShrug wrote:
bound wrote:
KanyeShrug wrote:
bound wrote:Hey guys. It's all about ARIZONA BASKETBALL TODAY OH YAAAAAA BEAR DOWN!!!!



Sorry not sorry


Stop it.



(bitter Sun Devil, speaking)



Hey you guys made the tournament for like...a few minutes..


Please tell me you were involved in the rage fest CNN's twitter is referring to. Lmao



I was there. I was tear gassed.


I highly recommend against being tear gassed.

User avatar
Naijababy93
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:29 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Naijababy93 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:25 pm

That's pretty badass though!!!! But yeah Zona got screwed with that charge call.

littlegiant
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:14 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby littlegiant » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:17 pm

Naijababy93 wrote:Headcount:

1. JustHawkin
2. LeBrarian_Booker
3. couchpizza
4. bound
5. PMT (IIRC?)
6. Cuse (tryin' to chill?)
7. Sublime (tryin' to chill?)
8. BlackCanary
9. peaches tryin' to chill
10. meb this ^
11. lawskewl13
12. Kevin002
13. thevuch
14. Kanye West
15. johnnyquest
16. Workaholic82
17. Naijababy93
18. littlegiant

Im a fairly large black man, if we are still going with the whole markers thing....


Added my name to the list

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby DoveBodyWash » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:20 pm

Naijababy93 wrote:Headcount:

1. JustHawkin
2. LeBrarian_Booker
3. couchpizza
4. bound
5. PMT (IIRC?)
6. Cuse (tryin' to chill?)
7. Sublime (tryin' to chill?)
8. BlackCanary
9. peaches tryin' to chill
10. meb this ^
11. lawskewl13
12. Kevin002
13. thevuch
14. Kanye West
15. johnnyquest
16. Workaholic82
17. Naijababy93
18. littlegiant

Im a fairly large black man, if we are still going with the whole markers thing....

I will be the wasted Korean kid yelling about how far below median I just got on our final that day.

User avatar
bound
Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:49 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby bound » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:58 pm

Naijababy93 wrote:That's pretty badass though!!!! But yeah Zona got screwed with that charge call.



Probably the worst call ever. #stillbitter

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby chuckbass » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:22 pm

cusenation wrote:
Naijababy93 wrote:Headcount:
Im a fairly large black man, if we are still going with the whole markers thing....

I will be the wasted Korean kid wearing a brooks brothers polo yelling about how far below median I just got on our final that day.

User avatar
Lebrarian_Booker
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:05 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Lebrarian_Booker » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:26 pm

Ahh, I'm SO looking forward to checking out at 3/5's of the way through the week and just partying with you guys.

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby DoveBodyWash » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:43 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:
cusenation wrote:
Naijababy93 wrote:Headcount:
Im a fairly large black man, if we are still going with the whole markers thing....

I will be the wasted Korean kid wearing a brooks brothers polo yelling about how far below median I just got on our final that day.

i guess i know what i wont' be wearing this time...

User avatar
rion91
Posts: 962
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:58 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby rion91 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:04 pm

Badump

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby chuckbass » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:06 pm

rion91 wrote:Badump

Hopefully this is your week!

TR RoughRiders
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:27 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby TR RoughRiders » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:54 pm

Emailed regarding my scholarship package last week (Monday) to try to negotiate a better package. Was told that I would hear back as soon as they could reach a decision, but by the deposit deadline for sure. Is there a specific day that they are releasing scholarship info? Curious to know how long some people waited to hear back about scholarship negotiations?

Any help appreciated

BillsFan9907
Posts: 1381
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:28 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby BillsFan9907 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:57 pm

TR RoughRiders wrote:Emailed regarding my scholarship package last week (Monday) to try to negotiate a better package. Was told that I would hear back as soon as they could reach a decision, but by the deposit deadline for sure. Is there a specific day that they are releasing scholarship info? Curious to know how long some people waited to hear back about scholarship negotiations?

Any help appreciated


Which e-mail did you send the request to? I think I should jump on that as well.

User avatar
Naijababy93
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:29 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Naijababy93 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:10 pm

Seoulless wrote:
TR RoughRiders wrote:Emailed regarding my scholarship package last week (Monday) to try to negotiate a better package. Was told that I would hear back as soon as they could reach a decision, but by the deposit deadline for sure. Is there a specific day that they are releasing scholarship info? Curious to know how long some people waited to hear back about scholarship negotiations?

Any help appreciated


Which e-mail did you send the request to? I think I should jump on that as well.


^ Yes!!!!!!

TR RoughRiders
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:27 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby TR RoughRiders » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:12 pm

Naijababy93 wrote:
Seoulless wrote:
TR RoughRiders wrote:Emailed regarding my scholarship package last week (Monday) to try to negotiate a better package. Was told that I would hear back as soon as they could reach a decision, but by the deposit deadline for sure. Is there a specific day that they are releasing scholarship info? Curious to know how long some people waited to hear back about scholarship negotiations?

Any help appreciated


Which e-mail did you send the request to? I think I should jump on that as well.


^ Yes!!!!!!



I emailed Mary Ann Clifford and she forwarded it to the scholarship committee

User avatar
Lebrarian_Booker
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:05 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Lebrarian_Booker » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:25 pm

If anyone is interested:

Just heard back from my student (WULaw Connect thing). Student confirmed that WUSTL has almost not connections or reach for the LA area, and although it's possible to get there, it'll be through your own hustle and your own connections.

Somewhat disheartening.

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby chuckbass » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:29 pm

Everyone has been so quiet...

User avatar
aesth24
Posts: 136
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:35 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby aesth24 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:48 pm

Just booked a couple nights at the Crowne Plaza in Clayton. Any other 0Ls staying there?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baby Gaga, blackmamba8, cyclawps, Google Adsense [Bot], hellohalo, Mia93, PDX4343, reillyg, SilverSurfer2020, tsporl and 15 guests