WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How old are you?

21-
11
12%
22-23
27
29%
24-26
38
40%
27-30
14
15%
30+
4
4%
 
Total votes: 94

workaholic82
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:29 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby workaholic82 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:56 pm

PourMeTea wrote:Who will be @ April ASW I'm trying to meet sublime irl

I'm going, and and also hoping for a 'Sublime' rendezvous...

User avatar
PourMeTea
Posts: 6508
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:32 am

Post removed.

Postby PourMeTea » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:57 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby chuckbass » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:04 pm

PourMeTea wrote:
workaholic82 wrote:
PourMeTea wrote:Who will be @ April ASW I'm trying to meet sublime irl

I'm going, and and also hoping for a 'Sublime' rendezvous...

eek :shock:

I found him first, back off.

User avatar
PourMeTea
Posts: 6508
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:32 am

Post removed.

Postby PourMeTea » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:05 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby DoveBodyWash » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:10 pm

LOL

User avatar
PourMeTea
Posts: 6508
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:32 am

Post removed.

Postby PourMeTea » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:12 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby DoveBodyWash » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:16 pm

PourMeTea wrote:
cusenation wrote:LOL


so how ~*under the radar*~ can 0L tlsers be

lol as much as you want. Some of the 0L's told me who they were but there's no need to

We won't ask and if we do you can always lie lol

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby chuckbass » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:24 pm

cusenation wrote:
PourMeTea wrote:
cusenation wrote:LOL


so how ~*under the radar*~ can 0L tlsers be

lol as much as you want. Some of the 0L's told me who they were but there's no need to

We won't ask and if we do you can always lie lol

I will send you a pic of PMT ywia.

User avatar
bound
Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:49 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby bound » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:27 pm

workaholic82 wrote:
PourMeTea wrote:Who will be @ April ASW I'm trying to meet sublime irl

I'm going, and and also hoping for a 'Sublime' rendezvous...



I'll be there :)

User avatar
Kanye West
Posts: 205
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:44 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Kanye West » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:31 pm

I'm at Notre Dame's ASW and I've heard more about WUSTL's awesomeness than anything else.

User avatar
njdevils2626
Posts: 385
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:53 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby njdevils2626 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:34 pm

Dear WUSTL,

Please stop increasing everyone's scholarships before admitting me and giving me one. Do them all at the same time, preferably.

Thanks,

<3

User avatar
georgej
Posts: 2373
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:55 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby georgej » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:05 pm

I'll be at ASW. I especially hope Snagglepuss comes. According to my calculations which factor in breadth of knowledge, likability, humor, and physical strength, he is the best person on TLS.

User avatar
rion91
Posts: 962
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:58 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby rion91 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:49 pm

njdevils2626 wrote:Dear WUSTL,

Please stop increasing everyone's scholarships before admitting me and giving me one. Do them all at the same time, preferably.

Thanks,

<3

x100000000000

PrideandGlory1776
Posts: 307
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:14 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby PrideandGlory1776 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:52 pm

WUSTL impresses me so much - a school that actually cares about it's students debt levels? A school that actually tries to max out its financial resources to benefit students? A school that actually offers considerably more than all its peer schools while simultaneously shrinking class size each year to improve employment outcomes... (hint hint GULC you ever-expanding stingy diploma-mill machine take note).

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby DoveBodyWash » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:13 pm

PrideandGlory1776 wrote:WUSTL impresses me so much - a school that actually cares about it's students debt levels? A school that actually tries to max out its financial resources to benefit students? A school that actually offers considerably more than all its peer schools while simultaneously shrinking class size each year to improve employment outcomes... (hint hint GULC you ever-expanding stingy diploma-mill machine take note).

lol it's not completely out of altruism, since we have to maintain our position in the rankings

But it's not completely to game the system either. The old dean made students a priority and the faculty/administration are really transparent with us (especially if you're on SBA). Everyone acknowledges how bad the market is and the debt situation, you won't find the kind of denial here among the faculty that you might elsewhere. I think most of the 1L professors start their semesters by acknowledging that they're aware of the hurting market etc..

In reality there's only so many things a law school can do for its students in terms of debt/job placement. But they do what they can, and if it happens to benefit the school too then it's a win-win.

ETA: We're also lucky enough to have the resources to be generous with scholarships. I'm sure plenty of peer schools would be doing the same if they had the means.

User avatar
mynameis08
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:10 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby mynameis08 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:22 pm

_
Last edited by mynameis08 on Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
thevuch
Posts: 529
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby thevuch » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:27 pm

whats all this talk about an ASW, ive only gotten invites to the admitted student days thursday and friday april 3 and 4

User avatar
snagglepuss
Posts: 1954
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:16 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby snagglepuss » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:29 pm

georgej wrote:I'll be at ASW. I especially hope Snagglepuss comes. According to my calculations which factor in breadth of knowledge, likability, humor, and physical strength, he is the best person on TLS.

Thanks man - that's a high compliment to live up to, though. I'd definitely like to go and meeting some TLSers there would be a pretty cool bonus. I'm going to check up on airfare.


thevuch wrote:whats all this talk about an ASW, ive only gotten invites to the admitted student days thursday and friday april 3 and 4


ASW=ASD. Same thing here.

User avatar
thevuch
Posts: 529
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby thevuch » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:33 pm

snagglepuss wrote:
georgej wrote:I'll be at ASW. I especially hope Snagglepuss comes. According to my calculations which factor in breadth of knowledge, likability, humor, and physical strength, he is the best person on TLS.

Thanks man - that's a high compliment to live up to, though. I'd definitely like to go and meeting some TLSers there would be a pretty cool bonus. I'm going to check up on airfare.


thevuch wrote:whats all this talk about an ASW, ive only gotten invites to the admitted student days thursday and friday april 3 and 4


ASW=ASD. Same thing here.



is it a two day event or are you supposed ot pick one

User avatar
snagglepuss
Posts: 1954
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:16 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby snagglepuss » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:35 pm

Two day. I imagine a very similar schedule to the March one (LinkRemoved).

User avatar
thevuch
Posts: 529
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby thevuch » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:36 pm

snagglepuss wrote:Two day. I imagine a very similar schedule to the March one (LinkRemoved).



ugh. this spanish class is ruining my life. if i miss more than 3 times i fail. ive already missed 3 times. i fucking hate spanish.

User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3402
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby ManoftheHour » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:45 pm

Wow. I got the bump as well!

User avatar
bulinus
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:32 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby bulinus » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:04 am

I take ConLaw with him, and I'm still not sure who he is. Don't get your hopes up.

workaholic82 wrote:
PourMeTea wrote:Who will be @ April ASW I'm trying to meet sublime irl

I'm going, and and also hoping for a 'Sublime' rendezvous...

User avatar
sublime
Posts: 15417
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby sublime » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:04 am

..

User avatar
sublime
Posts: 15417
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby sublime » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:06 am

..




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], fattsdomino, joezze, lillawyer2, tinafeyclone and 5 guests