WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How old are you?

21-
11
12%
22-23
27
29%
24-26
38
40%
27-30
14
15%
30+
4
4%
 
Total votes: 94

User avatar
Ricky-Bobby
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:52 pm

BentleyLittle wrote:I may have missed this earlier in the thread but do we get packets in the mail or access to an admitted students site?


http://law.wustl.edu/admissions/admitted/

Click "Deposit Information." It brings you to a MyLaw portal, where you can click the admitted students box. I used the "forgot my password" link to generate a new password and gain access. Fair warning, there's not much in there, other than options to accept/withdraw and an admitted students forum.

The only thing I received snail mail was an acceptance letter identical to the email. Even scholarship info came in email form.

Congrats everybody!

gotsomequestions
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:25 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby gotsomequestions » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:43 pm

Accepted! Email came at 3:31 Central.

OsaroLJ
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:37 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby OsaroLJ » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:09 pm

BentleyLittle wrote:I may have missed this earlier in the thread but do we get packets in the mail or access to an admitted students site?


Radio silence for me.

chingwoo
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:28 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby chingwoo » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:10 pm

Yeah no snail mail for me. All email.

burtmacklin
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:37 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby burtmacklin » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:48 pm

Had my interview today and now its setting in that my decision is coming and I can't do anything about it. I'm super nervous. She said they "Thought I was a great candidate for law school" but no acceptance over the phone or anything. I'm a super splitter and we didn't even talk about it, it was a lot of talk about programs and stuff but not much about my application

User avatar
AT9
Posts: 1301
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby AT9 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:07 am

burtmacklin wrote:Had my interview today and now its setting in that my decision is coming and I can't do anything about it. I'm super nervous. She said they "Thought I was a great candidate for law school" but no acceptance over the phone or anything. I'm a super splitter and we didn't even talk about it, it was a lot of talk about programs and stuff but not much about my application


Good luck! She said the exact same thing to me on the closing of my interview, and I got in a few days later.

NoDayButToday
Posts: 1031
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:34 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby NoDayButToday » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:15 pm

.
Last edited by NoDayButToday on Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Ricky-Bobby
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:04 pm

NoDayButToday wrote:Just applied last week. How quick is the turn around generally, for interview invites (does everyone interview?) and for other progress? Thanks!

Happy Xmas everyone!


I applied early October, went complete the next day, and was invited to interview mid November. Interviewed the week after and was admitted in the interview.

Merry Christmas to you, too!

NoDayButToday
Posts: 1031
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:34 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby NoDayButToday » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:19 pm

.
Last edited by NoDayButToday on Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Ricky-Bobby
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:58 pm

NoDayButToday wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote:
NoDayButToday wrote:Just applied last week. How quick is the turn around generally, for interview invites (does everyone interview?) and for other progress? Thanks!

Happy Xmas everyone!


I applied early October, went complete the next day, and was invited to interview mid November. Interviewed the week after and was admitted in the interview.

Merry Christmas to you, too!


Thanks for the reply! So, six weeks or so..not a bad turn around!


No, not bad at all. I think they were motivated because I expressed a lot of interest. I'm a local boy above their medians, and Wash U is my first choice.

Scholly info came shortly after.

Good luck!

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby JustHawkin » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:27 am

Complete 12/18!
Last edited by JustHawkin on Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

burtmacklin
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:37 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby burtmacklin » Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:41 pm

In via email!! :D as I mentioned earlier, I'm a super splitter so keep hope alive for all those In the same boat

User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3401
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby ManoftheHour » Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:43 pm

burtmacklin wrote:In via email!! :D as I mentioned earlier, I'm a super splitter so keep hope alive for all those In the same boat


FBI is probably a good soft though.

User avatar
Yea All Right
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:27 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Yea All Right » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:07 pm

Interview this morning, then accepted via email shortly after. 168/3.6

User avatar
Fiero85
Posts: 1907
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:38 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Fiero85 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:13 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:
burtmacklin wrote:In via email!! :D as I mentioned earlier, I'm a super splitter so keep hope alive for all those In the same boat


FBI is probably a good soft though.


:lol: haha nice catch. Parks rules. Especially Dwyer, Swanson, and Haverford (Which actually sounds like the best firm name ever).

burtmacklin
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:37 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby burtmacklin » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:16 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:
burtmacklin wrote:In via email!! :D as I mentioned earlier, I'm a super splitter so keep hope alive for all those In the same boat


FBI is probably a good soft though.



Haha I'm afraid my track record with the bureau is a bit shaky though

User avatar
altoid99
Posts: 249
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:04 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby altoid99 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:45 pm

In today via e-mail!

User avatar
Winston1984
Posts: 1789
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:02 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Winston1984 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:54 pm

altoid99 wrote:In today via e-mail!


Congrats!!

kalyssa
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:41 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby kalyssa » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:48 pm

had my interview friday and still haven't heard anything - today my status checker changed to "Interview complete 12/27" but it sounds like everyone else who interviewed heard back that same day.
whats going on?
I applied to all my schools right before thanksgiving and i haven't heard back from anywhere so I was hoping WashU would show me some love to start off 2014 right.

User avatar
Ricky-Bobby
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:03 pm

kalyssa wrote:had my interview friday and still haven't heard anything - today my status checker changed to "Interview complete 12/27" but it sounds like everyone else who interviewed heard back that same day.
whats going on?
I applied to all my schools right before thanksgiving and i haven't heard back from anywhere so I was hoping WashU would show me some love to start off 2014 right.


Not everyone heard back the same day. There's just a good chance you'll know within a week or so.

Good luck!

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Attax » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:30 pm

Got my interview request today. So glad to get it!

User avatar
logical seasoning
Posts: 117
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:26 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby logical seasoning » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:57 pm

Got a large envelope in the mail on Monday, but it only contained the standard "you are accepted letter"

User avatar
The Dark Kite
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 2:19 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby The Dark Kite » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:08 am

Is WASHU anyone's top choice? And if so, can you tell me why? It's early but as of right now, it's one of my top choices along with one other school and I just wanted to get a feel for why other people view it with high regard. That's not to suggest I don't have my own reasons already, obviously I had some to talk about in my PS and interview and obviously I had incentive to apply to begin with. But I just want to see if anyone else can maybe shed light on some aspects of the school I may be overlooking. Thanks!

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby DoveBodyWash » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:56 pm

The Dark Kite wrote:Is WASHU anyone's top choice? And if so, can you tell me why? It's early but as of right now, it's one of my top choices along with one other school and I just wanted to get a feel for why other people view it with high regard. That's not to suggest I don't have my own reasons already, obviously I had some to talk about in my PS and interview and obviously I had incentive to apply to begin with. But I just want to see if anyone else can maybe shed light on some aspects of the school I may be overlooking. Thanks!


In addition to this thread, you should check out this thread and ask specific questions there if you have any about WUSTL
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=130775

Also feel free to PM the current students as well.

lawskewl13
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:25 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby lawskewl13 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:05 pm

Anybody else just get a second email of acceptance from the admissions committee (about a month after an original acceptance email from the dean)? There was no mention of a scholarship and I'm wondering if this is the email that would have contained that info if I had received one...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Keilz, spursforever and 4 guests