WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How old are you?

21-
12%
22-23
29%
24-26
40%
27-30
15%
30+
4%

Total votes: 94

LyricsToLitigation

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby LyricsToLitigation » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:35 pm

aaaaaand im back!

anybody have any scholly renegotiation yet?

rion91

Postby rion91 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:46 am

LyricsToLitigation wrote:aaaaaand im back!

REnegotiation?

chuckbass

Postby chuckbass » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:01 am

rion91 wrote:

REnegotiation?

Lolz picked up on that as well.

BlackCanary

Postby BlackCanary » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:04 am

scottidsntknow wrote:
BlackCanary wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:
JFC I love free zoos, not being sarcastic at all, I've visited my small local one like 300 times (donating each time, of course).

I've never even heard of such a thing. Our tickets are $18.

DC ZOO is free it is 180 we have pandas hth. You must not hear many things.

They must have a ton of large donors. Pandas are expensive to rent.

John Everyman

Postby John Everyman » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:37 am

BlackCanary wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:
BlackCanary wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:
JFC I love free zoos, not being sarcastic at all, I've visited my small local one like 300 times (donating each time, of course).

I've never even heard of such a thing. Our tickets are $18.

DC ZOO is free it is 180 we have pandas hth. You must not hear many things.

They must have a ton of large donors. Pandas are expensive to rent.

Not if you do it in bulk.

John Everyman

Postby John Everyman » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:39 am

No response as of yet, sent my email about three weeks ago. I think everyone else is pretty much on the same page. Shame, WUSTL keeps getting more tempting, but they keep getting dwarfed by other offers.

rion91

Postby rion91 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:44 am

I wonder if they make it rain towards the end like they did last year. I'm sure they can probably outbid a lot of public schools.

JustHawkin

Postby JustHawkin » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:47 am

rion91 wrote:I wonder if they make it rain towards the end like they did last year. I'm sure they can probably outbid a lot of public schools.

Only one way to find out...

rion91

Postby rion91 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:51 am

errday they wustlin'

CookieDough

Postby CookieDough » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:05 am

JustHawkin wrote:
rion91 wrote:I wonder if they make it rain towards the end like they did last year. I'm sure they can probably outbid a lot of public schools.

Yeah my concern is that the deadline is coming up in a few weeks (a full month before my best financial options) and if I deposit at wustl my apps get withdrawn from said best financial options. Sooo fingers crossed that I hear soon!

Ricky-Bobby

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:15 am

CookieDough wrote:
JustHawkin wrote:

Yeah my concern is that the deadline is coming up in a few weeks (a full month before my best financial options) and if I deposit at wustl my apps get withdrawn from said best financial options. Sooo fingers crossed that I hear soon!

What? Why? Apps aren't magically withdrawn when you deposit at a school. Ideally, you'd have all final offers prior to the earliest deadline and can make your decision accordingly. Chances are it won't be ideal. Early seat deposit deadlines and lagging finaid offers (I know NU plans to release scholly offers about a week before Wash U's deposit is due, for example) make multiple deposits a real possibility. It sucks, but that's the way it is.

Edit: Through my creepy forum stalking I noticed your post in that "multiple seat deposits" thread. I want to echo what Tiago said about LSAC's seat deposit reporting date being May 15th. Your TTT other schools won't know about your deposit at Wash U until then. By that time you'll obviously see how awful those alternatives are.

bound

Postby bound » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:20 am

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
CookieDough wrote:
JustHawkin wrote:

What? Why? Apps aren't magically withdrawn when you deposit at a school. Ideally, you'd have all final offers prior to the earliest deadline and can make your decision accordingly. Chances are it won't be ideal. Early seat deposit deadlines and lagging finaid offers (I know NU plans to release scholly offers about a week before Wash U's deposit is due, for example) make multiple deposits a real possibility. It sucks, but that's the way it is.

Edit: Through my creepy forum stalking I noticed your post in that "multiple seat deposits" thread. I want to echo what Tiago said about LSAC's seat deposit reporting date being May 15th. Your TTT other schools won't know about your deposit at Wash U until then. By that time you'll obviously see how awful those alternatives are.

+1

I will most likely be submitting seat deposits to my top two choices so that I can keep my options open and continue scholly negotiating.

wittyhandle

Postby wittyhandle » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:21 am

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
CookieDough wrote:
JustHawkin wrote:

I think we all know what TTT he is talking about :wink:

CookieDough

Postby CookieDough » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:22 am

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
CookieDough wrote:
JustHawkin wrote:

You just made me feel a million times better. The language on my offer was really strict and made it seem like the second I make any sort of sudden movement I'm out lol

And hey, one of the schools is Michigan :lol:

Ricky-Bobby

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:24 am

Austinbound wrote:I will most likely be submitting seat deposits to my top two choices so that I can keep my options open and continue scholly negotiating.

No two choices. Only Wash U and the chaff that's trying to lure you away. Wash U is best U.

JustHawkin

Postby JustHawkin » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:26 am

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
Austinbound wrote:I will most likely be submitting seat deposits to my top two choices so that I can keep my options open and continue scholly negotiating.

No two choices. Only Wash U and the chaff that's trying to lure you away. Wash U is best U.

Can we just start calling it "The U"

Everyone will know what were talking about, right? RIGHT!?

Lebrarian_Booker

Postby Lebrarian_Booker » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:28 am

The school spirit in this thread...

Where I come from having school spirit means not owning anything with the school's name on it.

Ricky-Bobby

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:29 am

CookieDough wrote:You just made me feel a million times better. The language on my offer was really strict and made it seem like the second I make any sort of sudden movement I'm out lol

MICHIGAN?! You know what's in Michigan? Detroit. Detroit is awful so Michigan is awful. Simple reasoning, really.

JustHawkin wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote:

If they don't know they don't deserve you.

bound

Postby bound » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:29 am

JustHawkin wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote:

I love the U and I haven't even been there yet. Praying that ASW and the April WUSTLers sway me in the correct direction :wink:

Chriz

Postby Chriz » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:31 am

I tried to negotiation but they either didn't respond to my email or they held firm. After I emailed I got a financial award letter reminding me of my shitty scholarship. WUSTL is garbage.

CookieDough

Postby CookieDough » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:33 am

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
CookieDough wrote:You just made me feel a million times better. The language on my offer was really strict and made it seem like the second I make any sort of sudden movement I'm out lol

MICHIGAN?! You know what's in Michigan? Detroit. Detroit is awful so Michigan is awful. Simple reasoning, really.

Ha you know what else is in Michigan? Free COL with my sister.

JustHawkin

Postby JustHawkin » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:34 am

Chriz wrote:I tried to negotiation but they either didn't respond to my email or they held firm. After I emailed I got a financial award letter reminding me of my shitty scholarship. WUSTL is garbage.

Sick Bro.

wittyhandle

Postby wittyhandle » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:34 am

Ricky-Bobby wrote:

RB hates everywhere. LA, NYC, Chicago, Detroit. So don't let that sway you. (Although Detroit really is awful so that his advice on that one)

Lebrarian_Booker

Postby Lebrarian_Booker » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:35 am

CookieDough wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote:

Ha you know what else is in Michigan? Free COL with my sister.

ewwwww, he wants to have COL with his sister?!

CookieDough

Postby CookieDough » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:36 am

wittyhandle wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote:

RB hates everywhere. LA, NYC, Chicago, Detroit. So don't let that sway you. (Although Detroit really is awful so that his advice on that one)

Haha RB hates the entire state of California. And fair on Detroit. But Ann Arbor is fine. Plus STL is dangerous for a woman such as myself!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”