WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How old are you?

21-
11
12%
22-23
27
29%
24-26
38
40%
27-30
14
15%
30+
4
4%
 
Total votes: 94

User avatar
LyricsToLitigation
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:42 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby LyricsToLitigation » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:35 pm

aaaaaand im back!

anybody have any scholly renegotiation yet?

User avatar
rion91
Posts: 962
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:58 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby rion91 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:46 am

LyricsToLitigation wrote:aaaaaand im back!

anybody have any scholly renegotiation yet?

REnegotiation?

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby chuckbass » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:01 am

rion91 wrote:
LyricsToLitigation wrote:aaaaaand im back!

anybody have any scholly renegotiation yet?

REnegotiation?

Lolz picked up on that as well.

User avatar
BlackCanary
Posts: 189
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:39 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby BlackCanary » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:04 am

scottidsntknow wrote:
BlackCanary wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:
JFC I love free zoos, not being sarcastic at all, I've visited my small local one like 300 times (donating each time, of course).

I've never even heard of such a thing. Our tickets are $18.

DC ZOO is free it is 180 we have pandas hth. You must not hear many things.

They must have a ton of large donors. Pandas are expensive to rent.

User avatar
John Everyman
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:20 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby John Everyman » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:37 am

BlackCanary wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:
BlackCanary wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:
JFC I love free zoos, not being sarcastic at all, I've visited my small local one like 300 times (donating each time, of course).

I've never even heard of such a thing. Our tickets are $18.

DC ZOO is free it is 180 we have pandas hth. You must not hear many things.

They must have a ton of large donors. Pandas are expensive to rent.


Not if you do it in bulk.

User avatar
John Everyman
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:20 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby John Everyman » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:39 am

LyricsToLitigation wrote:aaaaaand im back!

anybody have any scholly renegotiation yet?


No response as of yet, sent my email about three weeks ago. I think everyone else is pretty much on the same page. Shame, WUSTL keeps getting more tempting, but they keep getting dwarfed by other offers.

User avatar
rion91
Posts: 962
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:58 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby rion91 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:44 am

I wonder if they make it rain towards the end like they did last year. I'm sure they can probably outbid a lot of public schools.

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby JustHawkin » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:47 am

rion91 wrote:I wonder if they make it rain towards the end like they did last year. I'm sure they can probably outbid a lot of public schools.

Only one way to find out...

User avatar
rion91
Posts: 962
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:58 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby rion91 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:51 am

errday they wustlin'

User avatar
CookieDough
Posts: 404
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:55 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby CookieDough » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:05 am

JustHawkin wrote:
rion91 wrote:I wonder if they make it rain towards the end like they did last year. I'm sure they can probably outbid a lot of public schools.

Only one way to find out...


Yeah my concern is that the deadline is coming up in a few weeks (a full month before my best financial options) and if I deposit at wustl my apps get withdrawn from said best financial options. Sooo fingers crossed that I hear soon!

User avatar
Ricky-Bobby
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:15 am

CookieDough wrote:
JustHawkin wrote:
rion91 wrote:I wonder if they make it rain towards the end like they did last year. I'm sure they can probably outbid a lot of public schools.

Only one way to find out...


Yeah my concern is that the deadline is coming up in a few weeks (a full month before my best financial options) and if I deposit at wustl my apps get withdrawn from said best financial options. Sooo fingers crossed that I hear soon!

What? Why? Apps aren't magically withdrawn when you deposit at a school. Ideally, you'd have all final offers prior to the earliest deadline and can make your decision accordingly. Chances are it won't be ideal. Early seat deposit deadlines and lagging finaid offers (I know NU plans to release scholly offers about a week before Wash U's deposit is due, for example) make multiple deposits a real possibility. It sucks, but that's the way it is.

Edit: Through my creepy forum stalking I noticed your post in that "multiple seat deposits" thread. I want to echo what Tiago said about LSAC's seat deposit reporting date being May 15th. Your TTT other schools won't know about your deposit at Wash U until then. By that time you'll obviously see how awful those alternatives are.

User avatar
bound
Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:49 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby bound » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:20 am

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
CookieDough wrote:
JustHawkin wrote:
rion91 wrote:I wonder if they make it rain towards the end like they did last year. I'm sure they can probably outbid a lot of public schools.

Only one way to find out...


Yeah my concern is that the deadline is coming up in a few weeks (a full month before my best financial options) and if I deposit at wustl my apps get withdrawn from said best financial options. Sooo fingers crossed that I hear soon!

What? Why? Apps aren't magically withdrawn when you deposit at a school. Ideally, you'd have all final offers prior to the earliest deadline and can make your decision accordingly. Chances are it won't be ideal. Early seat deposit deadlines and lagging finaid offers (I know NU plans to release scholly offers about a week before Wash U's deposit is due, for example) make multiple deposits a real possibility. It sucks, but that's the way it is.

Edit: Through my creepy forum stalking I noticed your post in that "multiple seat deposits" thread. I want to echo what Tiago said about LSAC's seat deposit reporting date being May 15th. Your TTT other schools won't know about your deposit at Wash U until then. By that time you'll obviously see how awful those alternatives are.



+1

I will most likely be submitting seat deposits to my top two choices so that I can keep my options open and continue scholly negotiating.

User avatar
wittyhandle
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:23 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby wittyhandle » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:21 am

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
CookieDough wrote:
JustHawkin wrote:
rion91 wrote:I wonder if they make it rain towards the end like they did last year. I'm sure they can probably outbid a lot of public schools.

Only one way to find out...


Yeah my concern is that the deadline is coming up in a few weeks (a full month before my best financial options) and if I deposit at wustl my apps get withdrawn from said best financial options. Sooo fingers crossed that I hear soon!

What? Why? Apps aren't magically withdrawn when you deposit at a school. Ideally, you'd have all final offers prior to the earliest deadline and can make your decision accordingly. Chances are it won't be ideal. Early seat deposit deadlines and lagging finaid offers (I know NU plans to release scholly offers about a week before Wash U's deposit is due, for example) make multiple deposits a real possibility. It sucks, but that's the way it is.

Edit: Through my creepy forum stalking I noticed your post in that "multiple seat deposits" thread. I want to echo what Tiago said about LSAC's seat deposit reporting date being May 15th. Your TTT other schools won't know about your deposit at Wash U until then. By that time you'll obviously see how awful those alternatives are.


I think we all know what TTT he is talking about :wink:

User avatar
CookieDough
Posts: 404
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:55 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby CookieDough » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:22 am

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
CookieDough wrote:
JustHawkin wrote:
rion91 wrote:I wonder if they make it rain towards the end like they did last year. I'm sure they can probably outbid a lot of public schools.

Only one way to find out...


Yeah my concern is that the deadline is coming up in a few weeks (a full month before my best financial options) and if I deposit at wustl my apps get withdrawn from said best financial options. Sooo fingers crossed that I hear soon!

What? Why? Apps aren't magically withdrawn when you deposit at a school. Ideally, you'd have all final offers prior to the earliest deadline and can make your decision accordingly. Chances are it won't be ideal. Early seat deposit deadlines and lagging finaid offers (I know NU plans to release scholly offers about a week before Wash U's deposit is due, for example) make multiple deposits a real possibility. It sucks, but that's the way it is.

Edit: Through my creepy forum stalking I noticed your post in that "multiple seat deposits" thread. I want to echo what Tiago said about LSAC's seat deposit reporting date being May 15th. Your TTT other schools won't know about your deposit at Wash U until then. By that time you'll obviously see how awful those alternatives are.



You just made me feel a million times better. The language on my offer was really strict and made it seem like the second I make any sort of sudden movement I'm out lol

And hey, one of the schools is Michigan :lol:

User avatar
Ricky-Bobby
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:24 am

Austinbound wrote:I will most likely be submitting seat deposits to my top two choices so that I can keep my options open and continue scholly negotiating.

No two choices. Only Wash U and the chaff that's trying to lure you away. Wash U is best U.

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby JustHawkin » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:26 am

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
Austinbound wrote:I will most likely be submitting seat deposits to my top two choices so that I can keep my options open and continue scholly negotiating.

No two choices. Only Wash U and the chaff that's trying to lure you away. Wash U is best U.

Can we just start calling it "The U"

Everyone will know what were talking about, right? RIGHT!?

User avatar
Lebrarian_Booker
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:05 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Lebrarian_Booker » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:28 am

The school spirit in this thread...

Where I come from having school spirit means not owning anything with the school's name on it.

User avatar
Ricky-Bobby
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:29 am

CookieDough wrote:You just made me feel a million times better. The language on my offer was really strict and made it seem like the second I make any sort of sudden movement I'm out lol

And hey, one of the schools is Michigan :lol:

MICHIGAN?! You know what's in Michigan? Detroit. Detroit is awful so Michigan is awful. Simple reasoning, really.

JustHawkin wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote:
Austinbound wrote:I will most likely be submitting seat deposits to my top two choices so that I can keep my options open and continue scholly negotiating.

No two choices. Only Wash U and the chaff that's trying to lure you away. Wash U is best U.

Can we just start calling it "The U"

Everyone will know what were talking about, right? RIGHT!?

If they don't know they don't deserve you.

User avatar
bound
Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:49 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby bound » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:29 am

JustHawkin wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote:
Austinbound wrote:I will most likely be submitting seat deposits to my top two choices so that I can keep my options open and continue scholly negotiating.

No two choices. Only Wash U and the chaff that's trying to lure you away. Wash U is best U.

Can we just start calling it "The U"

Everyone will know what were talking about, right? RIGHT!?



I love the U and I haven't even been there yet. Praying that ASW and the April WUSTLers sway me in the correct direction :wink:

Chriz
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:33 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Chriz » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:31 am

I tried to negotiation but they either didn't respond to my email or they held firm. After I emailed I got a financial award letter reminding me of my shitty scholarship. WUSTL is garbage.

User avatar
CookieDough
Posts: 404
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:55 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby CookieDough » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:33 am

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
CookieDough wrote:You just made me feel a million times better. The language on my offer was really strict and made it seem like the second I make any sort of sudden movement I'm out lol

And hey, one of the schools is Michigan :lol:

MICHIGAN?! You know what's in Michigan? Detroit. Detroit is awful so Michigan is awful. Simple reasoning, really.


Ha you know what else is in Michigan? Free COL with my sister.

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby JustHawkin » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:34 am

Chriz wrote:I tried to negotiation but they either didn't respond to my email or they held firm. After I emailed I got a financial award letter reminding me of my shitty scholarship. WUSTL is garbage.

Sick Bro.

User avatar
wittyhandle
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:23 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby wittyhandle » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:34 am

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
CookieDough wrote:You just made me feel a million times better. The language on my offer was really strict and made it seem like the second I make any sort of sudden movement I'm out lol

And hey, one of the schools is Michigan :lol:

MICHIGAN?! You know what's in Michigan? Detroit. Detroit is awful so Michigan is awful. Simple reasoning, really.


RB hates everywhere. LA, NYC, Chicago, Detroit. So don't let that sway you. (Although Detroit really is awful so that his advice on that one)

User avatar
Lebrarian_Booker
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:05 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Lebrarian_Booker » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:35 am

CookieDough wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote:
CookieDough wrote:You just made me feel a million times better. The language on my offer was really strict and made it seem like the second I make any sort of sudden movement I'm out lol

And hey, one of the schools is Michigan :lol:

MICHIGAN?! You know what's in Michigan? Detroit. Detroit is awful so Michigan is awful. Simple reasoning, really.


Ha you know what else is in Michigan? Free COL with my sister.


ewwwww, he wants to have COL with his sister?!

User avatar
CookieDough
Posts: 404
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:55 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby CookieDough » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:36 am

wittyhandle wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote:
CookieDough wrote:You just made me feel a million times better. The language on my offer was really strict and made it seem like the second I make any sort of sudden movement I'm out lol

And hey, one of the schools is Michigan :lol:

MICHIGAN?! You know what's in Michigan? Detroit. Detroit is awful so Michigan is awful. Simple reasoning, really.


RB hates everywhere. LA, NYC, Chicago, Detroit. So don't let that sway you. (Although Detroit really is awful so that his advice on that one)


Haha RB hates the entire state of California. And fair on Detroit. But Ann Arbor is fine. Plus STL is dangerous for a woman such as myself!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”