WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How old are you?

21-
11
12%
22-23
27
29%
24-26
38
40%
27-30
14
15%
30+
4
4%
 
Total votes: 94

Babum
Posts: 192
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:55 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Babum » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:54 am

life2323 wrote:Do applicants that are requested for an interview get rejected.


I don't think I have seen it happen but it is a possibility. Else, why bother interviewing?

User avatar
The Dark Kite
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 2:19 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby The Dark Kite » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:36 am

Babum wrote:
life2323 wrote:Do applicants that are requested for an interview get rejected.


I don't think I have seen it happen but it is a possibility. Else, why bother interviewing?


I have my interview tomorrow and boy, I hope you're right. Though realistically, it's certainly a possibility that you won't be accepted. If you say something that raises red flags for YP considerations, or if you come across as a d-bag, or etc., etc... then it could definitely cost you.

I think maybe it's a gate-keeper? If you have stellar numbers, they accept you outright, if you have terrible numbers, they reject you, if you're in the middle, they want to make sure you're:

a) not a d-bag
b) employable after graduation/have strong communication skills

Babum
Posts: 192
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:55 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Babum » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:46 am

The Dark Kite wrote:
Babum wrote:
life2323 wrote:Do applicants that are requested for an interview get rejected.


I don't think I have seen it happen but it is a possibility. Else, why bother interviewing?


I have my interview tomorrow and boy, I hope you're right. Though realistically, it's certainly a possibility that you won't be accepted. If you say something that raises red flags for YP considerations, or if you come across as a d-bag, or etc., etc... then it could definitely cost you.

I think maybe it's a gate-keeper? If you have stellar numbers, they accept you outright, if you have terrible numbers, they reject you, if you're in the middle, they want to make sure you're:

a) not a d-bag
b) employable after graduation/have strong communication skills


Don't worry about it, they are very nice and helpful.

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby jk148706 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:25 am

Was told during my interview to expect news today. I'm HOPING it's good news.


For those already admitted: Did scholarship information come with your acceptance or later?

OsaroLJ
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:37 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby OsaroLJ » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:40 am

jk148706 wrote:Was told during my interview to expect news today. I'm HOPING it's good news.


For those already admitted: Did scholarship information come with your acceptance or later?


I was told that I would be hearing back about scholarship info later this month or early next.

User avatar
Fiero85
Posts: 1909
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:38 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Fiero85 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:43 am

jk148706 wrote:Was told during my interview to expect news today. I'm HOPING it's good news.


For those already admitted: Did scholarship information come with your acceptance or later?


Scholarship offers have all been separate, from what I've seen here. Mine was about a week after acceptance, via email. Some have been waiting longer though. People accepted around this time might have to wait until after Christmas to hear back on a scholly.

0913djp
Posts: 206
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:26 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby 0913djp » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:47 pm

Was told during interview to hear about a decision today. I imagine it'll be by 5pm Central Time.

User avatar
pompoms
Posts: 233
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:55 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby pompoms » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:03 pm

I was told during my interview this week that I'd hear "soon," but my status just went from "Interview Complete" back to "Application Complete" today so I hope I'm in this potential Friday pool!

User avatar
pompoms
Posts: 233
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:55 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby pompoms » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:09 pm

pompoms wrote:I was told during my interview this week that I'd hear "soon," but my status just went from "Interview Complete" back to "Application Complete" today so I hope I'm in this potential Friday pool!


Apparently I have selective eyesight today! This is what it says on top of my checker: "A decision has been made on your application and an email will be sent shortly to the primary email account listed on your application."

User avatar
The Dark Kite
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 2:19 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby The Dark Kite » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:40 pm

pompoms wrote:
pompoms wrote:I was told during my interview this week that I'd hear "soon," but my status just went from "Interview Complete" back to "Application Complete" today so I hope I'm in this potential Friday pool!


Apparently I have selective eyesight today! This is what it says on top of my checker: "A decision has been made on your application and an email will be sent shortly to the primary email account listed on your application."


That makes me feel good. I was told I'd hear "soon" today and everyone else said they've been like accepted on the call, the day after, or they said the specific day that they'd hear by... so when I heard "soon," my heart sank. I was like "Oh.. damn, they hate me."

Is "within a week" a safe time frame to expect to hear back?

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby jk148706 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:02 pm

I was also told that I *should* hear today, but my status has never changed from "documents received" so who knows

User avatar
pompoms
Posts: 233
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:55 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby pompoms » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:41 pm

Waitlisted

User avatar
Winston1984
Posts: 1789
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:02 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Winston1984 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:43 pm

pompoms wrote:Waitlisted


Sorry to hear that. How did you find out? Mind sharing numbers?

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby jk148706 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:44 pm

pompoms wrote:Waitlisted


You will get off it ! Stats ?

haw123
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:40 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby haw123 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:46 pm

Did people who interviewed yesterday hear back today? My status just changed to "Interview Complete" but I haven't heard anything else.

User avatar
Winston1984
Posts: 1789
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:02 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Winston1984 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:01 pm

haw123 wrote:Did people who interviewed yesterday hear back today? My status just changed to "Interview Complete" but I haven't heard anything else.


Same.

User avatar
pompoms
Posts: 233
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:55 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby pompoms » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:05 pm

PM'ed y'all

kgiaco
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:22 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby kgiaco » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:06 pm

Winston1984 wrote:
haw123 wrote:Did people who interviewed yesterday hear back today? My status just changed to "Interview Complete" but I haven't heard anything else.


Same.


I think they start sending out the acceptance emails out around 4:30 central time

User avatar
Winston1984
Posts: 1789
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:02 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Winston1984 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:23 pm

kgiaco wrote:
Winston1984 wrote:
haw123 wrote:Did people who interviewed yesterday hear back today? My status just changed to "Interview Complete" but I haven't heard anything else.


Same.


I think they start sending out the acceptance emails out around 4:30 central time


Well, this isn't nerve-wracking..

User avatar
sublime
Posts: 15411
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby sublime » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:26 pm

..

User avatar
Winston1984
Posts: 1789
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:02 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Winston1984 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:55 pm

In via email!!!! So excited!

haw123
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:40 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby haw123 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:56 pm

Same! Yay!

HYSenberg
Posts: 265
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:10 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby HYSenberg » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:58 pm

Congrats, bros.

burtmacklin
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:37 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby burtmacklin » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:13 pm

Anyone who got their decision mind sharing their numbers? I've got my interview on the 23rd (really wish I had been able to schedule it sooner than I could so I could've gotten it out of the way and maybe had my decision today, but oh well). Also, congrats to the admits!

User avatar
logical seasoning
Posts: 117
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:26 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby logical seasoning » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:28 pm

In today, Interviewed on Monday, complete sometime mid November---3.7x 167




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, fattsdomino, NorthDragon and 17 guests