WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How old are you?

21-
11
12%
22-23
27
29%
24-26
38
40%
27-30
14
15%
30+
4
4%
 
Total votes: 94

User avatar
sublime
Posts: 15419
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby sublime » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:40 pm

..

User avatar
Otunga
Posts: 1317
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:56 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Otunga » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:16 pm

Full tuition offer! (spam folder since 2/28) 3.9/168

User avatar
BlackCanary
Posts: 189
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:39 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby BlackCanary » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:06 pm

Otunga wrote:Full tuition offer! (spam folder since 2/28) 3.9/168

congrats!

Is it Webster or Buder?

User avatar
mes10d
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 11:12 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby mes10d » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:10 pm

YAY! Accepted via email at 5pm. This is the first acceptance I'm really excited about.

Potentially jumping the gun here, but... Do scholarships come in the initial email, or sometime after?

Received 2/10
Interview 3/4
In 3/5

User avatar
BlackCanary
Posts: 189
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:39 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby BlackCanary » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:11 pm

mes10d wrote:YAY! Accepted via email at 5pm. This is the first acceptance I'm really excited about.

Potentially jumping the gun here, but... Do scholarships come in the initial email, or sometime after?

Received 2/10
Interview 3/4
In 3/5

sometime after.

Like 1-2 weeks has been the norm, I think, but they're a bit swamped at the moment.

User avatar
mes10d
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 11:12 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby mes10d » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:17 pm

BlackCanary wrote:
mes10d wrote:YAY! Accepted via email at 5pm. This is the first acceptance I'm really excited about.

Potentially jumping the gun here, but... Do scholarships come in the initial email, or sometime after?

Received 2/10
Interview 3/4
In 3/5

sometime after.

Like 1-2 weeks has been the norm, I think, but they're a bit swamped at the moment.


Oh, ok! Thanks.

User avatar
Ricky-Bobby
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:59 pm

Condolences to the holds, but it's not over yet. Keep the hope alive.

Congrats to the new admits. If you're not already in the FB group(s), you should check them out.

Congrats otunga! That's awesome, and hilarious that it was chillin' in your spam folder. Is Wash U in serious contention now?

User avatar
retaking23
Posts: 453
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:34 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby retaking23 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:07 pm

Otunga wrote:Full tuition offer! (spam folder since 2/28) 3.9/168


:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby chuckbass » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:09 pm

Otunga wrote:Full tuition offer! (spam folder since 2/28) 3.9/168

Good work brah :)

ender235
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:39 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby ender235 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:14 pm

So should I assume bad news if I interviewed last Tuesday and have not heard anything thus far? Starting to get anxious : (

User avatar
mes10d
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 11:12 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby mes10d » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:16 pm

ender235 wrote:So should I assume bad news if I interviewed last Tuesday and have not heard anything thus far? Starting to get anxious : (


My interviewer told me that the standard turnaround is 1-2 weeks, so don't be anxious yet!

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby chuckbass » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:16 pm

SO EXCITED TO SEE EVERYONE AT ASW TOMORROW GOODNIGHT ALL AND SAFE TRAVELS GO BEARS

User avatar
Ditka747
Posts: 95
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:02 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Ditka747 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:28 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:SO EXCITED TO SEE EVERYONE AT ASW TOMORROW GOODNIGHT ALL AND SAFE TRAVELS GO BEARS


My man.

User avatar
Otunga
Posts: 1317
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:56 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Otunga » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:56 pm

BlackCanary wrote:
Otunga wrote:Full tuition offer! (spam folder since 2/28) 3.9/168

congrats!

Is it Webster or Buder?


Neither I believe? I don't see either of those terms. It's a generic "scholar in law" scholarship but it states the full tuition amount for next year and then says it's guaranteed each year. I guess that means it's not truly a full scholarship given tuition increases each year? Either way it's 8)

Marquis
Posts: 163
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:46 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Marquis » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:13 pm

Otunga wrote:Full tuition offer! (spam folder since 2/28) 3.9/168


Congrats!!

NoDayButToday
Posts: 1032
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:34 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby NoDayButToday » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:15 pm

.
Last edited by NoDayButToday on Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Ricky-Bobby
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:18 pm

NoDayButToday wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:SO EXCITED TO SEE EVERYONE AT ASW TOMORROW GOODNIGHT ALL AND SAFE TRAVELS GO BEARS


Woo! See you guys on Friday!

So, are we doing this "contumelious" thing? I'm worried I'm going to mispronounce it and look like an idiot.

As opposed to normal people who toss "contumelious" into everyday speech? C'mon, NoDay, we're all going to look like idiots.

I'm pretty sure that's called 'being a law student'.

User avatar
Fiero85
Posts: 1910
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:38 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Fiero85 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:30 pm

Otunga wrote:
BlackCanary wrote:
Otunga wrote:Full tuition offer! (spam folder since 2/28) 3.9/168

congrats!

Is it Webster or Buder?


Neither I believe? I don't see either of those terms. It's a generic "scholar in law" scholarship but it states the full tuition amount for next year and then says it's guaranteed each year. I guess that means it's not truly a full scholarship given tuition increases each year? Either way it's 8)


Congrats!!!

User avatar
yossarian
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby yossarian » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:32 pm

God I'm so jealous of all of you contumeliousing each other this weekend.

User avatar
Fiero85
Posts: 1910
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:38 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Fiero85 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:34 pm

ender235 wrote:So should I assume bad news if I interviewed last Tuesday and have not heard anything thus far? Starting to get anxious : (


Nah, still plenty of time before I'd worry. It's way busy over there. Sit tight.

Marquis
Posts: 163
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:46 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Marquis » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:42 pm

Fiero85 wrote:
ender235 wrote:So should I assume bad news if I interviewed last Tuesday and have not heard anything thus far? Starting to get anxious : (


Nah, still plenty of time before I'd worry. It's way busy over there. Sit tight.


I interviewed two tuesdays ago and still haven't heard! Just sit tight.

User avatar
mes10d
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 11:12 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby mes10d » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:54 pm

yossarian71 wrote:God I'm so jealous of all of you contumeliousing each other this weekend.


+1

User avatar
snagglepuss
Posts: 1954
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:16 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby snagglepuss » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:22 am

Accepted recently.

Have fun at the ASW, all.

User avatar
sublime
Posts: 15419
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby sublime » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:22 am

..

User avatar
snagglepuss
Posts: 1954
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:16 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby snagglepuss » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:25 am

sublime wrote:
snagglepuss wrote:Accepted recently.

Have fun at the ASW, all.



Congrats bro. Didn't even realize that you were a 0L.

Thanks man. I'm not very good about wearing my scarlet zero I guess.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests